Five

Like Me Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Distraction.

Tzuyu needed one after she got told a lot of information. She was taken back at what Jeongyeon had to tell her. It was something she never expected.

She didn't know how to react but she kept listening to her friend. Jeongyeon tried to make everything short as possible and understanding before Bobby came back. She couldn't bring any more people into her complicated life.

Tzuyu understood as she continued to listen. Jeongyeon had so much carrying with her but she never once regretted her choice. She kept going strong and being happy until she got found. Bobby came back and mentioned they had to leave. Jeongyeon agreed knowing she couldn't be out for too long either.

She gave Tzuyu a hug and left.

After that, Tzuyu felt tears going down her cheek and as Hwiyoung saw it, he scooted more to her and wrapped one arm around her. She had cried for a few minutes and had to get out of the cafe. Hwiyoung followed her and brought her to a park that was empty.

He had gone to go get something to drink since they really didn't have anything at the cafe. He wouldn't be long as he left Tzuyu on the swing going into her thoughts.

- - -

Jeongyeon closed her eyes and took in a deep breath before starting. When she opened her eyes she nodded for what she was about to do. "When I was eleven, I ran away from home after I found out what my parents really do."

What does that mean?

"For the longest time, I thought they were important people who made money buy working hard from their sweat but they are really a Mafia working underground. Mostly my dad, my mom just happened to agree to his work and let him do it. A quick way to make money and have a simple life." Jeongyeon looked over to Hwiyoung as he stayed quiet.

They must have found her..

"When I found out, I couldn't take it. I felt like my life was lie and I had to leave. I didn't care where I went. But I had to go. I packed my things and never looked back." Jeongyeon looked down and let a few tears fall. "It was hard but I found someone who could take me in. Thankfully, my cousin and his parents knew nothing since they weren't on speaking terms. We had a long talk and they accepted me. I started working at an early age and I've been under a new name since I left my home."

"New name" Tzuyu asked letting the information sink in. She leaned forward putting her arms on the table releasing Hwiyoung's hand for the time being.

"My name was Kyungwan..." Jeongyeon sighed looking up at her. "I got to change it when I felt safe and I never looked back on those people. Ever." She closed her eyes and leaned back on the chair. "But the night at the party, I went to the kitchen and found Dawon past out on the floor I was going to get help until I saw someone I didn't expect to see."

"They found you at the party? How?" Hwiyoung asked leaning forward. He saw Tzuyu look over to him but he ignored it.

"I'm not sure, they have their ways. An old friend found me and he sort of put me to sleep. When I woke up, I was in different place and lots of things happened so fast. I can't go into detail." Jeongyeon reached out to grab her friends hand. "All I can say is that, things will be different for me. I don't know how long it will be. I have to stay where I am right now."

"That's why you haven't told Inseong?" Hwiyoung spoke looking at her. "He will go nuts and help you in anyway."

Jeongyeon nodded at him. "Make sure he doesn't find out right now. I have enough on my plate."

The door chimed and in came the same guy as before but he looked better than before. He stood by Jeongyeon and she dropped her jaw seeing a difference. Tzuyu swore she saw Jeongyeon blush. She cleared and squeezed Tzuyu's hand looking back at her.

"You know, I did almost die at the party." Tzuyu broke the atmosphere in the air gaining attention but Hwiyoung chuckled.

"I saved her from drowning." He added looking at her with a smile.

"You went into the pool!" Jeongyeon widen her eyes.

"More like someone pushed me in." Tzuyu looked at her and then smiled. "But the trouble marker was there to help me."

"We need to go." Bobby spoke looking at them and then around the cafe.

Jeongyeon nodded at his request. She looked back at her friends and smiled. "If you both end up dating, I approve."

"Yoo Jeong --"

Hwiyoung covered from saying anymore. He looked up at Bobby who was glaring at them for their stupidity. He softened up when Jeongyeon touched his arm.

There something going on there.

He has a soft spot for her.

Tzuyu nodded and Hwiyoung removed his mouth. She got up really quick and gave Jeongyeon a hug. "Call me when you can ok?"

Jeongyeon felt tears going down her cheek but she hummed and let go of her friend. "Take care of her Hwiyoung."

He smiled at her comment and gave a nod.

- - -

"Can't let it go can you?" Hwiyoung broke Tzuyu from her thoughts as she snapped her head up at him.

"You knew about her didn't you?" Tzuyu asked as he sat on the swing next to her and opened up a bottle of water and handed it to her.

He took a sip from his and let out sigh. "She was the only girl who hung around us." He looked down at the ground and let out a sad smile. "She is like a sister I never had and when we learned about her past. It was hard on all of us. We didn't know how to act but she wanted a normal life. She isn't part of that other life."

"Until now." Tzuyu mumbled looking up at the sky as it was changing colors. "I just hope she is safe. That Bobby person seemed to have a soft spot for her."

Hwiyoung smirked as he took a sip of the water again. "I caught that too."

"I guess we'll just have to trust her." Tzuyu looked away from the sky and turned to look at him as he was already looking at her. "What?"

"We never went on our date." He chuckled.

Tzuyu pulled out her phone and smiled. "We can still do something for three hours."

Did she just..?

Hwiyoung stood up and held out his hand. She let out a laugh as she grabbed it pulling her back to the bike and put on their helmets.

He had a idea where to take her. It was going to be open for at least another five hours and he wanted to do something fun with her. He sped off as they were both settled on his bike and he loved when she wrapped her arms around his waist.

His heart was doing flip as she held tighter. He didn't want to be mean, but he did a sharp turn making her squeal and she playfully smacked his shoulder. He chuckled under his helmet and kept going through the cars.

Tzuyu was enjoying the ride despite the sharp turns. Even though it was her second time on the bike. She felt like she was flying and feeling free. She had a smile plastered on his face as he went through the cars until finally the surroundings were familiar and knew where he was going.

He parked the bike and waited for her to get off. She smiled taking off her helmet and looked around. The theme park had lights already on and people were screaming in a distance on the roller coasters.

Hwiyoung grabbed the helmets and put them away quickly locking the bike and went to pay for them. He started walking backwards like before but this time he was holding onto both of her hands. "What would you like to do?"

Tzuyu hummed looking around and saw the Merry-go-round but she figured he wouldn't want do that since he is a boy and it would ruin his ego. If he had one that is. She kept looking and pointed. "Go karts!"

Hwiyoung was taken back at her remark but nodded taking her over there.

They were in line for a few minutes. He was still holding onto her hands as he stood behind her but he wanted to try something else. Just when he was about to, she moved up from the line and walked to get into a kart.

She smiled at him biting her bottom lip.

He smirked at her as he buckled himself and was ready.

The moment the sound went off, Tzuyu pressed on the accelerator and sped off leaving Hwiyoung in shock.

Oh, it's on!

He drove off catching up to her and he stuck out his tongue passing her like a child having fun for the first time. She laughed seeing him be silly and she pressed harder going the same speed. They went around at least two times enjoying the themselves. She felt like she was in the back of his bike but the only thing she was missing was him in front of her and her holding onto him.

On the last lap, she smirked seeing him slow down but he picked up as they were side to side. She shook her head and went faster passing him.

He better not let me win..

She went back to the beginning and parked the kart and slowly unbuckling herself. It was fun and the adrenaline rush was still inside her. She saw Hwiyoung get out from his kart and he saw a few girls giggling at him. He looked over to Tzuyu and she raised her eyes brows and he brushed past them going to the only girl that he had eyes for.

Tzuyu smiled up at him. "You didn't let me win did you?"

"If I did what will you do?" He chuckled grabbing her hand as they walked looking for their next ride.

"I won't talk to you." She removed her hands and crossed her arms walking ahead of him.

He chuckled seeing her act cutely. That's when he remembered what he wanted to do in line. He went behind her wrapping both of his arms and he heard her gasp out loud and she turned her head to look at him. Their faces were close like the other day. He smiled leaning his head on hers. "Are you challenging me? Because I'm sure, I'll win."

Tzuyu had widen her eyes at the sudden closeness and skin ship. He had taken it up a notch and it took her by surprised. She blinked her eyes a few times and stuttered. "Y-y-you're cheating!"

He chuckled moving away from her face and went to her ear. It gave her chills down her spine and also made her hairs stand on her arms. "I don't recall any rules?"

Tzuyu scoffed at his game as he enjoyed teasing her. She tried wiggling out of his grip but he only chuckled seeing her suffer. "Let go!"

"Nope." He got her to start walking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter