End.

Take Me, Kiss Me, Shoot Me, Leave Me

"take me laser tagging and then push me into a corner and kiss me. then shoot me and walk away."


It was a day off and Byulyi's plan for the day was to get to her girlfriend's place and just chill around her apartment all day like she always did on a daily basis. It becomes a habit of hers and it's not like Yongsun was complaining every time she visits. Though, Byulyi had to admit, there are certain times Byulyi came unannounced and it turned out to be at the wrong time. Like when she finished showering and started to dance by the bathroom door aimlessly or when before she started showering and think it was a good idea to dance in front of her mirror, again, aimlessly.

Sometimes she wonders, what is with her girlfriend being at her apartment, really?

But yeah, it's not like Byulyi was complaining either. It can end up really good or be a total disaster, but mostly good because she knew her girlfriend can hardly resist her.

Well, they can't resist each other. [ this the cue for us to eyeroll ]

So, here she is, driving to her girlfriend's place with a hamster smile plastered on her face like a lovesick fool. It's nothing new. Byulyi has always been affected this way when it comes to Kim Yongsun. Yongsun particularly finds it cute and annoying, when she couldn't control it in public.

Within nearly fifteen minutes after, Byulyi was already standing by the door and was ready to knock when Yongsun open it first, giving out her famous squirtle smile that Byulyi loves so much. "Hey, babe." She leaned to give her a peck on the lips before slipping her way in, but Yongsun prevent her. "Babe, what are you doing?"

"I know you'd come unannounced, so I prepared myself." She gestures her hand to show Byulyi that she's all dressed up, ready to go out. Her girlfriend looked really pretty, by the way. The light make-up is definitely the one Byulyi loves, she’s wearing an all-white-over-pastel color combination and it suits her perfectly. Byulyi nearly drool right there. Only, the word ‘going out’ wasn't exactly on Byul's to-do list today.

"Uh, you're going somewhere?"

Byulyi thought that maybe she can just chill at Yongsun's place while she goes out. I mean, she can do that at her own house if that is the case but Byulyi has always been fonder of staying at Yongsun's place than her own. Unfortunately, Yongsun's plan was to not go alone at all. Much to Byul's dismay.

"Well," Yongsun grabbed her purse then gently push Byulyi out of her apartment, then locking it. She turned and link her arms around Byul's. "We're going somewhere."

On the way down, Byulyi was whining.

"But I wanted to stay in today~" She pouted, sometimes it works on her but too bad it’s clearly not today.

Not today, because Yongsun have a pout on her own and Byulyi was too weak for that. "And I wanted to go out with you~" And plus, she kissed her on the cheek.

She groans, "Ugh, fine."

Goddammit, you're so whipped.


 

"So, where are we going first?" Byulyi ask, opening the front passenger door for Yongsun.

"Brunch!" She grins. "I know you haven't had any breakfast and it's almost lunch so we're gonna get some brunch." Well, that was sweet. “Don’t worry, it’s my treat or a bribe since you already agreed on going out with me.” Damn, that’s even better.

She kissed Yongsun there and smiles dreamily at her. "God, what did I do to deserve such an angel?" Which then earned her a playful shove and her girlfriend's reddened cheeks.

Byulyi rarely eats whenever she decides to visit Yongsun's place because one, she will have the excuse to eat together with her and second, of course, free food. Okay, that was a joke. The second was because Byulyi enjoy making food together with her, it feels domestic and romantic but Byulyi wasn't going to let her girlfriend know about that. Yongsun knows Byulyi is a hopeless extremely greasy romantic after all.

They arrived at a restaurant and start to immediately order their food. All the while, her girlfriend was smiling and sometimes grinning happily like a little kid. It's too adorable. "You look excited." Byulyi said. Her smile makes Byulyi smile, too and it gets wider once she noticed how Byulyi giving her that sweet charming smile.

"Of course, I'm excited." She grabs Byulyi’s hand subtly, playing with her fingers. "It's been a really long time since we're out on a date."

Well, Byulyi had to agree to that one.

It's hard with both of their hectic schedules here and there. Byulyi was busy doing her second art exhibition with her best friend, Seulgi, while at the same time, Yongsun was always flying here and there from country to country as a stewardess. When it's time for Yongsun to stay in Seoul for a day or three, Byulyi would steal time for her but they'll be too tired to go out for a date so they'll either end up sleeping in the whole day or just chill out and do movie marathons at Yongsun's place. What's amazing about their relationship was how steady it was. Usually, relationship like this won't last very long. Usually, it is certain that it will not work out.

But something about them that they see in one another, makes them think this may be worth holding on to. And maybe it is...

"I love you." Byulyi blurted out at such a random time, Yongsun couldn't control the blush on her face.

She watches her girlfriend continue playing with her fingers, then biting her lower lip, eyes moving up from their hands to meet Byulyi’s waiting ones, seemingly a little nervous.

"I love you too."


 

"Byul-ah," Byulyi hummed in respond, eyes focusing on the road ahead. She still didn't know where their next destination is and Yongsun was looking at her phone closely. "Um, so I watch this one sweet clip about a couple and they went laser tagging and I've been wondering if you'd like to take me there too."

Byulyi raises an eyebrow.

She gets her point, really.

But she could have just told Byulyi she wanted to go laser tagging rather than...making up that story of hers. She couldn't help her small laugh. Her arm earned another slap by her girlfriend for that.

"Yah, why are you laughing?"

"No, it's just..." Byulyi calmed down, her smile never fades away. "If you want to go to a laser tag, you should just tell me. No need to make up a story like that."

Yongsun hissed at Byulyi and rolled her eyes. "I didn't make that up." She said defensively and again, with the pout. She's been using it a lot now.

“Alright, you didn’t. So…” She stepped on the break when the traffic light turns red and she looks at Yongsun expectantly. The latter raises an eyebrow questioningly and it looks like they’re both waiting for each other to finish what Byulyi was going to say. It was when Yongsun partly glare, partly frown at her that she gets what her girlfriend wanted.

“Alright. Let’s go play Laser Tag.”


 

Honestly, there are pros and cons with playing laser tag with her girlfriend.

For the pros, her girlfriend looked extra hot holding an M4A4 in her arms with the whole vest and a black cap also with the fact that she’s actually hella good in a shooting game only makes it even hotter. The cons that follows, however, was the fact that Byulyi can easily surrender herself for her girlfriend and also the fact that she at using weapons despite her childhood dream was to become a police officer yet her girlfriend beat her good at a shooting game in an arcade—let’s not dwell too much on that because that will only make Byulyi even more pathetic than she already is.

Unfortunately, Yongsun knew this and she had warned Byulyi to take the game seriously and no giving pity just because they’re girlfriends.

“You better not be holding back on me, Byul.” Yongsun said with a wink and Byulyi froze—or maybe melted. Yongsun scoffs at her dumbfounded girlfriend. “God, I just told you and now look at you.”

Byulyi shakes her head. “What? I heard you. No holding back. Got it!” She gave her girlfriend a salute and ran back to her respective team, getting ready to start the game.

Alright, I need to come up with a great plan.

Indeed, that’s what she needs to do right now. Because going against her girlfriend with no mercy or pity in between is going to feel like she’s going against a boss in a game because yeah, Yongsun is the boss. So, the plan may not be the best she can come up with due to how little time she was given to think.

Five minutes before the game starts, all players need to listen to the short briefing. Explaining how exactly they’re going to play the game from how you can shoot with your weapon, how to take down enemies, and how to know if you’re being hit. All the basic knowledge. There is a part where they told all players that we’re not allowed to do physical attack and Byulyi think that specific rule may contradict with her plan. Oh well, she’ll think again later.

Once they’re done, all players run—jogs, because they don’t allow players to run around—into the battlefield and finally, the game starts.

For a first-time player, Byulyi was amazed at how close to reality the battlefield was. The blaring sound of the emergency alarm makes it so very thrilling and even the faint sound of recoil guns shooting from meters away sounded real. She thought this may not be that hard because Byulyi have played shooting games in her VR back at home and she can say that she got the skill needed for this.

But maybe being good in VR games, doesn’t judge your skill in real life.

Because only in the first few minutes into the game, Byulyi already got herself stunned for three times. “This is nothing like the VR game!” She thinks everyone here is just as good as her girlfriend which is doom for her but she also has team mates who are just as good as the enemies (maybe some even better).

She crouched down in one corner, almost thinking of staying there for the remaining game time but then she remembered her promise to Yongsun. This is the time to show her girlfriend that she is capable of handling this game and beat her. Thanks to that, she started getting away from that corner and started to join her teammates again.

Byulyi manage to find her rhythm in the game. She starts getting her own points though she still got herself shot here and there but if she had to compare with the number of points she scored, she believes there’ll be more kills than deaths. Turns out it’s not because Byulyi was lacking on shooting game skill, she’s just not quite used to it. And now she’s used to how the game works and all her surrounding, she can move around easily while earning points. The enemy has the same number of players and at this point, Byulyi can memorize their faces after being in the game for fifteen minutes—well, maybe not all of their faces because some decided to put a mask on. But her girlfriend didn’t so it was fairly easy spotting her. Plus, it’s Yongsun. Byulyi can practically tell where she is even with her eyes closed.

That’s why she knew exactly who has been taking hits on her and not letting her taking revenge because goddamn, she’s too good for this game. She may as well be joining the SWAT team or whatever. Byulyi crouched into a corner again and one of her teammates joined her shortly after. She was still stunned and looks like her teammate is in the same state.

He sighs, “Damn, did you notice that one girl?”

Oh, if we’re talking about a girl then there’s only one who keeps scoring.

“Yeah, who wouldn’t? She keeps targeting me.”

“She’s targeting everyone.”

He chuckles and nudged Byulyi’s shoulder. “I saw you two came in together. She’s your friend, huh?”

Hearing that, Byulyi gave him a smirk as she stands up.

“She’s my girlfriend.”

Byulyi continues playing and trying her best to avoid her girlfriend because she swears her girlfriend will shoot her the first chance she gets. She no longer pays attention to the time until the speaker told all players that they’re entering the last five minutes into the game and here, there’s no more stun.

[ You’re about to enter the last five minutes. Last standing player will be the winner. Starts in three…two…one. Good luck! ]

If she remembers correctly, in order for her team to win, they have to take down all enemies. I mean, it would’ve been an easy task to do if it wasn’t for one specific unbeatable player as the enemy. So, Byulyi try to take down as many players as she can and yet still trying to avoid letting herself be seen by her girlfriend.

The dread was real with how Byulyi’s team is down by three people including herself and while the enemy’s team has four remaining players. Her girlfriend was still one of those four players and that’s a huge problem.

Yongsun is worth a whole team, if she has to be honest.

Even her teammates agree with her.

“I swear she’s a monster.”

“No kidding. I won’t be surprised if she turns out to be the members of an actual special force.” If it had been any other time, Byulyi would feel proud that her girlfriend gets this kind of recognition from these people, knowing this was also her and Yongsun’s first time playing laser tag. But this is no time for being proud because Yongsun is not her girlfriend at the moment.

Yongsun is the enemy.

They went out of their hiding spot and started targeting the other enemies. Her teammates managed to eliminate three players before one of them got themselves eliminated too.

The enemy’s team now only has one last player and Byulyi’s remaining team still has two players. They made a small strategy to split and corner last player, attacking from two directions at the same time but then all of a sudden, Yongsun was behind her teammates and eliminated him in an instant. Byulyi swore Yongsun was on the other side of the field like probably a minute ago and it felt like she was using some god-mode cheat and suddenly have the super power to move faster than human. Byulyi’s mind was blown while at the same time panicking to find a hiding place where Yongsun won’t find her. At least until she’s calmed down.

Great.

She’s totally doomed now.

Yongsun will definitely beat her and her whole team will be so disappointed because there is just no way Byulyi can defeat Yongsun. Their skills are far too different, the ratio is too big and this is finally the end for her. This is literally a gamer versus an actual SWAT member in a laser tag game.

[ One minute left! One players left for each team and the last standing one will be the winner. Get in position in three…two…go! ]

Byulyi cursed.

She can either go for it and face her death or try to get to her in stealth—that would take much time and most likely, Yongsun will find her first before she gets to her. But there is one last secret plan she has…

Yongsun may either like it.

Or hate it a lot.

“This plan has more winning chance than the other…” She muttered before she made up her mind to go with the secret plan. “Okay. You can do it, Byul. Deep breath.”

First and foremost, she got to find Yongsun and not let said girl know where she is—this is more of a stealthy approach but Byulyi was sure her next move is way better, maybe even brilliant. And like she said, it has better chance in winning the game. So, even if she lose at least she tried her best attempt.

She spotted her figure near her spot and was about to go to where she’s hiding. Byulyi decided to crouched down and quickly make her way around so she can approach Yongsun from behind. It didn’t go as planned when Yongsun suddenly turned around just when Byulyi was about to run at her. She was fast enough to hide behind a wall, panting and sweating like crazy.

“.” That was close.

She heard Yongsun’s footsteps getting nearer but this time she didn’t try to run away from her. She’s waiting and preparing herself for the attack—not quite an attack because Yongsun can’t be taken down so easily. Plus, you can’t use physical attack. She’s preparing for the secret plan and she couldn’t hold in a smirk when she knew it only took three more steps.

Yongsun didn’t hesitate her last three steps.

Yongsun’s plan was to rush and surprise Byulyi but she never expected Byulyi to be all prepared and quickly grabbed her by the arms and pinned her on a corner. It all happened too fast and Byulyi couldn’t be prouder of herself for that reflex she did. But right now, there is no time to be proud. There is another thing she needs to execute.

By the look on Yongsun’s face, Byulyi knew she didn’t see it coming at all. And Byulyi didn’t waste another second of looking at each other in the eye when she starts leaning in. She tried to not close her eyes as she does this but the moment her lips touched Yongsun’s, she couldn’t hold it open.

It was after two seconds of lip-locking did Yongsun realize what was happening.

They were in a laser tag game.

Byulyi took her to a corner and pinned her there.

And then they were kissing…they’re still kissing as of now.

Yongsun was so into the game that kissing Byulyi right now feels like the first time and she loves every bit of it. Byulyi knew this and she was aware when Yongsun starts reciprocating her kiss, she felt Yongsun holding onto one of her arms because like Yongsun once told her, Byulyi’s lips always make her weak on the knees.

[ Counting down to— ]

Byulyi almost got too lost in the moment and thank goodness for the last five seconds count down, it brought her back to her original plan.

[ Five… ]

Byulyi pulled back first and Yongsun was panting, eyes completely shut, and Byulyi was satisfied with this result.

[ Four… ]

They were still keeping the close distance where she can feel Yongsun’s slightly raged breath against her lips. It was so tempting how she left a small gap between her lips. She makes her think about going in for another kiss.

[ Three… ]

But this is all a part of Byulyi’s plan. So, as she let Yongsun collect herself, she started to raise her weapon and point it directly to Yongsun’s chest, aiming for the light indicator on the vest.

[ Two… ]

Then she shot Yongsun with a smirk.

[ One. ]

The moment Yongsun opened her eyes, she only sees Byulyi’s retreating back and the blaring alarm that indicates the game is finally over. And she was left cursing at her girlfriend for pulling that one card during a laser tag game.


 

Byulyi earned a few slaps on her arms, chest, back and a kick—but she’s still breathing and not actually got any serious bruises or wounds. Well, maybe her arms turned a little red from the slaps and probably her back too because she’s starting to feel a little hot there, almost burning.

But it’s all worth it because she won the game.

Which is why she couldn’t stop smiling.

And that only pisses her girlfriend more. “That’s cheating! I can’t believe you actually did that. Didn’t I tell you to not go easy on me?” Byulyi was sure Yongsun loved the kiss back in the game but looking at her reaction now…maybe she doesn’t really like it after all.

“And I didn’t!” She said, still grinning.

“Stop smiling, you idiot. What you did was totally cheating.”

“Uh, no. That’s not cheating.”

“You weren’t supposed to do physical contact—”

Byulyi hold her index finger up to stop Yongsun from talking. “Ah, they do not allow physical attack but they do allow physical contact.” Byulyi didn’t even forget to smirk at the end.

“That’s the same thing!”

“Nope. See, physical attack is what you did to me just now. Slaps, punches, and kicks. I mean look—” Byulyi showed how there are Yongsun’s hand prints on her one of her arms. She wasn’t meant to make her girlfriend feel guilty because she knows Yongsun didn’t mean it but when she watched Yongsun’s face. She couldn’t help but soften at her.

She took a seat on the couch and took Yongsun’s hand, tugging her to join her—not on the couch but in her lap. Once her girlfriend sat down, she kisses her hand. “What I did was kissing you and unless you think my kisses are as deadly as a bullet then maybe I really cheated.”

And Yongsun turned into a blushing mess.

She still managed to roll her eyes though despite being super red at the moment. “Was it even worth it cheating like that?”

“Oh yes,” She caught Yongsun looking down at her lips. “It’s really worth it.”

And they kissed, “I’m still a little upset for losing the game.”

“Yeah? But don’t you like it?” They kissed again.

And again, “Like what, losing?”

“No, the kiss.” –and again. And well, they keep doing all their conversation in-between small kisses. Yongsun is loving it just as much as Byulyi is. “I can tell that you liked it so much you wished we didn’t stop. But one of us has to finish the game and you weren’t moving so I did it.”

Yongsun decided to shut her up with her lips and this time she makes sure Byulyi no longer talks. You know where it leads to and we’re not going to go into details but for sure, it didn’t involve any clothes at all and it’s making the whole temperature go up mysteriously.

Despite losing her first laser tag game. Yongsun actually didn’t mind it.

“You were right.”

“Yeah?”

Because she gave her the unforgettable experience.

“I really loved it when you kiss me there.”

And she wouldn’t have it any other way.


A/N:

Apology for any errors because my lazy refuse to do another error checking at 4:20AM - Also, here is the one-shot that I talked about in the last update :D Hope you liked it! Like I said, this was inspired from a tumblr post so thank you for the short prompt.

Fun fact: I did quite a lot of research about laser tag game because I've never been to one before so I digged through youtube videos and basic rules about it all over google because I wanted it to be as close to reality so I made it look more like iCombat's laser tag where the weapon was designed like an actual weapon (the M4A4). I watched one of the gameplay videos and it was so cool. I do apologize again if I still got a few things wrong, again, I've never been to an actual laser tag before.

Another fun fact: I still have a few oneshots in store but I still don't know when I'm going to finish writing release it.

Alright that's enough. It's almost 5AM now.