Now, this is an update.

Just Another KaiStal Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

June 23 2018

 

“Krys. Are you not coming home with me tonight?” Krystal heard her sister, Jessica, asking her from the mini bar of her office located in Gangnam. After a whole day of photo shoot, she decided it was time to pay her big sister a visit. And there they were, currently enjoying a take out meal from their favorite Chinese restaurant.

 

“Ohh. I can't eonnie. I have things to finish tonight.” She looked up from her almost finished food, flashing the older lady a small smile.

 

In return, Jessica was looking at her with an inquiring expression. Her eyes were filled of questions, and she already knew why.

 

“What?” She asked, even widening her eyes a bit in feigned innocence.

 

“You’re back with Jongin, aren't you?” The question has been finally dropped.

 

It has been a month now since that fateful night happened; when she received that heartbroken call from Jongin. And they’ve been back together now for a month too.

 

Not everyone knew about it. But of course, people talk. A lot of their friends have seen them during the funeral service. She knew, even without them saying anything, everyone could easily tell that they’re back together. A few had the guts to ask them, while there were some who let them be.

 

“Taeyeon told me.” A small smile crossed her sister’s lips before occupying her abandoned chair. “You don't have to hide it from me.”

 

“It’s not that I’m hiding it. We just don't really talk about it that much.”

 

“You could’ve at least told me, you know.” There was no hint of disappointment on her sister's voice, instead she sounded humorous. As if teasing her.

 

“I know. I’m sorry. We're just trying to keep things low and quiet for now. His family is still mourning. They need their own peace.” It has been a weekly thing for the Kim family to visit their dad’s grave, and she’d always tag along with them. The past few weeks weren't easy, not just for Jongin but even for her sisters. But what amazed her more, was how his Mom was so strong despite what happened. And it was scaring them; they were afraid his mom would just snap one day after keeping everything to herself.

 

“Just be careful, alright?” Her older sister reminded her, a gentle smile on her lips. Jessica has always been supportive of her, in every single thing she do. It was lucky of her to actually have a sister like her.

 

“I will.”

 

She was confident this time that everything will work out between her and Jongin. Gone were her immature days. She’d seen Jongin at his lowest and it was still her whom he ran to. Her friends might call it cheesy but she knew there was a reason why he still chose to come to her. They were meant to be, one way or another.

 

And she have no plans of ruining a once in a lifetime chance. They were back together; this time, more mature and stronger.


 

“What are you watching?” It was way past midnight already when Krystal heard the front door opening. Jongin stepped inside her apartment, looking comfortable in his pair of sweatpants and shirt, smiling at her warmly.

 

There she was, settled on the loveseat couch, clutching on her smartphone with a smile on her lips.

 

“Nothing.” She shook her head, setting the device aside to greet Jongin. Being around his arms give her comfort after a long and tiring day. It was the best therapy for her.

 

“You were all smiles. What was it?” A playful smile was on her lover’s lips, urging her to finally show him the video she was enjoying earlier.

 

Left with no choice, she picked her phone up again and played the video for the 5th time that night. It was a fantaken video of their performance earlier at Lotte World’s event, where Jongin was shown pointing up in the sky after their song ended. Both of them were silent as they watched it, her eyes now trained on the handsome human being next to her.

 

“You did amazing. He’s definitely very proud of you.” Her hand reached up to caress his cheek, a small yet proud smile on her lips.

 

“I know.” He said, smiling, as he leaned against her touch. The video ended, and silence consumed the entire living room, with the two of them contented with being in each other’s embrace.

 

No words were exchanged; it wasn't needed. It was those times she treasured the most. Where it was just the two of them, wrapped up inside their own bubble. Her heart was at peace the most when she’s with him. No one else mattered, but them.

 

“Aren't you tired?” She finally broke the silence, staring up at him. He must’ve been tired from the performance and the schedules he had prior to it that day. And it was already past midnight.

 

“Just a bit.” Another smile graced his lips before nudging his head towards the bedroom. “Come on. Let’s get some rest.” Hand in hand, they made their way towards her room, the place they consider as their haven. Countless of memories were made inside the same room, and everywhere she looked only reminds her of him.

 

How she managed to stay in the same room after they broke up, she obviously had no idea. All she can remember was how the room seemed colder after she walked away from him.

 

But now that he’s finally back in her life, it was warm again. The room looked brighter and livelier. And that made her think.

 

Maybe it was Jongin himself; the ray of sunshine that drives away the darkness in her life.

 

“Soojung-ah.” She was busy drying her hair when she heard him call her name from the main bedroom. Peeking from the bathroom door, she saw him sitting on the bed, staring right back at her.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“There's something I want to give you.” His voice was soft, a smile ready on his lips. “No. Something I want to give back to you.” He corrected himself. He beckoned her over, which she gladly obliged to.

 

She held on to his outstretched hand, and let him pull her next to him on the bed. And it was useless to hide that confusion she was feeling. She was sure he can read through her.

 

He didn't say anything; instead he held out his free hand, and sitting on his palm was the gold band that matched the same one he was wearing.

 

It was their ring!

 

The very same ring she returned that night when she told him that she can't bear being with him anymore. The memories of that night flashed back in her head; how heavy her heart was when she returned it to him. The pictures were crystal clear in her head.

 

All along, she thought he threw it away already. Like how she threw him out of her life. But he kept it still. And that surprised her.

 

Her eyes darted towards the hand she wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter