Fourth and Flustered.

Oh My Scornful Gaze *editing and then finishing*

 

 

The doorbell rang, once. Twice, and maybe three times before Sungkyu came to answer it. Outside stood his very concerned and perplexed best friend, Dongwoo. His bright pink hair stood in various directions and he wore an oversized dinosaur hoodie. The eyes of the creature had a permanent smile which creeped Sungkyu out to a certain extent.

 

“Can you please stop wearing those creepy dinosaur sweaters? Seriously, those eyes look like googly eyes.”

 

“Hey, I like them and Hoya thinks I look cute in them.” Dongwoo mumbled that last part because he was still shy about the fact that he was now in a relationship with the person he had been pining after for years.

 

“Yeah yeah, Hoya this Hoya that. Okay, I get it. You're in a relationship with the love of your life.”

 

“You don’t need to be so mean,” Dongwoo pouted a bit and Sungkyu felt guilty instantaneously.

 

“Sorry. I'm glad you guys are dating. I really am.”

 

“Thank you. Anyhow, saw Woohyun’s Instagram post. You guys seem to have fooled most of the media and your fans, but that was one of the fakest smiles I have ever seen.”

 

“Don’t even. Please,” he politely waved his hand up to stop Dongwoo from continuing his teasing. “I’m tired and that Nam Woohyun is giving me a headache.”

 

“Are you sure it’s a headache he’s giving you and not the heartache of a lifetime? Come on, just admit it. You still have feelings for him.”

 

“I do not.”

 

“You so do, Hoya even pointed out how the photos taken at the awards ceremony didn’t look like you guys were arguing. Just having a lovers quarrel.”

 

“That's practically the same thing, but we’re not lovers. Okay? We broke up a long time ago.”

 

“And yet you guys keep arguing over what happened in the past.” Dongwoo pointed out. He grabbed the plain white mug that was placed in front of him and took a sip. The tea seemed to be steaming today. And so did Kim Sungkyu.

 

“Whatever. I have a schedule later today.”

 

“Is that code for going to see Nam Woohyun?” Dongwoo asked with a bright smile. Not hopeful or rejoiceful, just tasteful.

 

“No. I will see him, but I'm not going to see him because I want to. It's because I have to.”

 

“Keep telling yourself that, just know that if you guys don’t get back together, you owe me fifty dollars.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because Mijoo, Babysoul and I bet on it.”

 

“Ughhh not you too.” He received a sheepish smile from his friend as he gave an annoyed glare.

 

-

 

“Woohyun, you ready for your solo shot?” Key stood behind the cameraman and shouted out to Woohyun.

 

The bustling staff moved from one place to another. Mijoo squealed in delight as she held the small eyeshadow brush in her hand. The newly formed idea got her excited. The theme for the commercial was naturalistic nature and she had just bought a new shadow palette for Sungkyu’s solo shots.

 

He had his eyes closed as he waited for Mijoo to finish what she called ‘the ferocious tiger look but natural.’ Every sound that came out of made him nervous to say the very least. He wasn’t sure what she was planning or what he would look like after this.

 

“Hmm, this doesn’t look that ferocious….” Mijoo mumbled to herself. Sungkyu peeked through one eye. She smacked him on the arm and told him not to look.

 

“I’ll be right back! Don’t peek!” Sungkyu only hummed before he waited for her to walk away. Once he heard her footsteps disappear, he turned the chair slightly and opened his eyes.

 

His eyes widened as he realized he turned the wrong way. Instead of seeing his own reflection, he saw Woohyun posing in front of the camera. Sungkyu bit his lip once he scanned his ex’s body. He was shirtless and his body hadn’t changed one bit since they broke up.

 

His skin gleamed slightly against the radiating lights, his eyes stared deeply into the camera as he brought the hygienic product up to his face. His dark brown hair was fluffy and free from any hair chemicals. His skin. His skin. Sungkyu kept beaming at Woohyun, he was once again reminded of all those nights they shared together and how beautiful Woohyun was.

 

Sungkyu kept staring until Woohyun made eye contact with him. Quickly turning away, Woohyun didn’t miss the subtle blush coming from the person he was too afraid to admit he was still in love with. He focused back to his poses and smirked. Sungkyu was totally checking him out. The thought of it made him blush too.

 

Mijoo came stomping back and noticed the blush on his face as he quickly shut his eyes. She laughed a bit and then spoke, “I told you not to peek.”

 

Her smirk could be heard through her words and Sungkyu’s face heated up even more. He felt embarrassed for not listening and getting caught in the web she had clearly set out for him.

 

Once Mijoo was finished with his makeup and hair, she let him have a short break before it was his turn to shoot his solo shots of the commercial and the photos for the advertisements.

 

He pulled out his phone and browsed the internet. His eyes lit up when he saw that a huge scandal had erupted last night. He read over the headline 14 times before he could fully believe it. Lee Sungyeol and Kim Myungsoo confirmed to be dating after they finished filming their drama.

 

Before he could think more of it, he called Myungsoo to see if it was true (also thank him for getting the media to talk about something else besides the awards show catastrophe). Quickly dialing and waiting for the call to go through, Myungsoo answered after the third ring and Sungkyu was delighted to hear him alive and well.

 

They talked for a bit before Kibum began his hollering for Sungkyu to begin his shoot. Babysoul stood behind Key, smirking. She twiddled her fingers and pulled out her phone.

 

“Okay Sungkyu, give me your most y gaze!!” Key instructed. “Bite the lip! Bite the lip!”

 

Sungkyu did everything Key told him until he spotted Babysoul and Dongwoo filming him and taking pictures. What were they even doing here? He thought. Shaking the thought off, he proceeded to do everything Kibum told him before he got distracted once again.

 

Not by Babysoul or Dongwoo, but by Woohyun. He was drinking some water and the way his throat moved as he swallowed had Sungkyu entranced. Before he knew it, his mouth was open in awe and Key was shouting praises because of how starstruck he looked.

 

“Perfect Sungkyu! Keep it going!! Whatever you're doing keep doing that! It’s perfect!!” The cameraman made sure to catch every moment before Sungkyu came out of his trance. What on Earth had come over him? 'Oh yeah,' he thought, 'Woohyun was being too hot for me to focus.' His face heated up again as the thought occurred to him and he did his best not to bring his hands up to hide his face.

~

Hi guys!! I'm sorry for the long wait. I hope you enjoyed the chapter! There will hopefully be a lot more Woogyu in the next chapter. It's going slow for now. I will be updating regularly anytime during the weekends. Please stay well and blessed! I enjoy reading all your comments. They bring me lots of joy and happiness. Be happy!!!

-Mysticalrainbow (I can't wait for Apink's comeback!!)