Third and Tactful.

Oh My Scornful Gaze *editing and then finishing*

Sungkyu released a breath once Woohyun went into the bathroom. His palms were becoming sweaty, and his stomach was churning. He got up to look for some water and found a water machine by Mr. John's desk. Once the water made its way down his throat, he felt he could breath regularly again. He stood and didn't know what to do. Should he wait on the couch for Woohyun to return? Or should he leave?

 

The decision was made for him once Woohyun came out of the bathroom and Sungkyu was still standing by the water machine. They glanced at each other awkwardly before Sungkyu asked, “What made you yell by the way? It woke me up.”

 

He pouted slightly and wore a mad facial expression. Woohyun scoffed at his face, pretending he didn't find it adorable.

 

“Stop trying to look cute, you're old now. It's not a good look for you anymore.” Sungkyu frowned for real this time and rolled his eyes. He thought he was good looking, why couldn't his arch nemesis see it too? It was quite the unsettlement.

 

“My buddy, a commercial director, called me this morning and spoke of some commercial you and I are supposedly doing,” Woohyun continued before dropping his body to sit on the armchair. “I'm guessing our managers worked this up on their own.” He finished, rubbing his temples and closing his eyes. He was so tired.

 

“Well, did you call and ask?” Sungkyu pressed. He was getting irritated by the other person’s demeanor.

 

“I was about to, but duty called first!” Woohyun exclaimed as he referred to his bladder. Sungkyu rolled his eyes again and took his phone out.

 

“Fine, I'll call!” He unlocked his phone when his phone began to ring. After he sent a glare in Woohyun’s direction, he pointedly answered the phone and feigned a sweet voice to the person on the other end.

 

“Hello Manager-nim~Did you rest well?” He continued to send glares at Woohyun and fake his kindness.

 

“Uhh, yeah I guess. Either way, listen Sungkyu, Mr. John just called me and told me to let you know that your next schedule will be a commercial. I'll pick you up around 3:00 tomorrow, okay?”

 

“....do I have to?”

 

“Yes, your career depends on it. I have to ad-"

 

“Why did you guys leave us sleeping here?”

 

“Where?”

 

“The company building you nuisance!"

 

“Wha- we didn- Oh!! I remember!! Uhhhhh, yeah…...I'm really sorry Sungkyu, but you're going to have to wait for me to pick you up from there. The doors are all locked and the company staff won’t be back until Monday because of the whole retreat thing.”

 

“WHAT?! YOU MEAN I HAVE TO STAY HERE WITH THE WORST PERSON IN THIS WORLD?!!?! WHY CAN’T YOU COME PICK ME UP NOW?!?!” Woohyun felt hurt by Sungkyu’s words deep down but he would never admit that to him.

 

“Sorry dude. I have to cover for Hayoung’s manager this afternoon. I'll pick you up when I can! For now, well, you'll have to wait with Woohyun….”

 

“What about his manager?!” Sungkyu was enraged. What kind of joke was this?

 

“He doesn’t have the company keys and Timmy’s catching a flight to Japan this morning.”

 

“Ughhhh whatever. Forget it, I'll find a way to leave myself. Goodbye!!” He hung up the phone and gripped the phone in his hands. With teeth gritted and a stomp of his foot, he looked back at Woohyun who was smirking at him.

 

“Why so upset lovebug? Something bothering you?” He was clearly teasing Sungkyu, and Sungkyu despised it.

 

“Look ‘lovebug,’ you will listen to me and help us break out of here,” Sungkyu said as he pointed at Woohyun venomously.

 

“I don’t want to. You do it since you think you're so smart,” Woohyun replied as he crossed his arms and his legs.

 

“I never said that.”

 

“Yeah but you sure act like it,” He stuck his tongue out at Sungkyu.

 

“Well, do you want to be stuck in this room with me for the next five hours?! Where neither of us can eat or sleep without having to worry about the other dropping bugs into our sleeping mouths?!”

 

“You better be careful with those threats, they can end up in some real lawsuits for you.” Woohyun spit back. He was now standing right in front of Sungkyu and they proceeded to have a staring contest. (More like glaring contest.)

 

“Well then help me.”

 

“Fine! I'll help, but I'm not doing it for you.”

 

“I never said you were,” they both stopped talking after that and searched the office for a secret passageway. After twenty minutes of searching, Sungkyu slumped back onto the couch and sighed.

 

“You're tired already grandpa?”

 

“I am not a grandpa,” he objected. “I am merely taking a rest.”

 

“Sure sure, totally.” Woohyun continued searching before calling it quits after an hour. Then Sungkyu looked for another hour and nothing turned up. No key, no hidden doors. Only a bathroom.

 

As he looked in Timmy’s drawers, he found an EXID poster. ‘What the heck?’ He pushed it back into the drawer and shuddered. Never did he think Timmy John would be a Leggo.

 

“Have you even tried opening the door?” Woohyun asked as he stood by the door that led out of Timmy’s office.

 

“No…..but neither have you!”

 

“Whatever.”

 

Woohyun reached for the door handle of the office and turned it. It clicked once before he pushed it forward. It opened.

 

They looked at each other sheepishly and Sungkyu just rolled his eyes and pushed Woohyun out of the way. He stepped into the hallway and breathed in. Even the hallway air felt more fresh than the office air.

 

He skipped down the hall in glee and proceeded to go down the stairs since the elevator’s were inoperable. The sun was shining well on to the building, and most of the curtains were pulled closed. Woohyun pulled one open and looked down at the streets below. The bustling of the cars and the people could be heard, but only faintly.

 

He followed Sungkyu out of the office and down the stairs. He lost track of where Sungkyu was but then saw a soft light coming from the other side of one of the stairway doors. The recording studio on the second floor was shining a small blue light. It seemed to be open so he checked to see if anyone was inside.

 

He found Sungkyu inside aiming an annoyed expression at a pretty dark-haired girl, that went by the name of Babysoul, on the opposite side of the room.

 

“What the heck? You've been in here the whole time?!” He exclaimed. She smiled at him and waved. He proceeded to ignore her greetings.

 

“Why are you so upset? I've been working on a new song,” she smiled some more and then shifted her gaze to Woohyun.

 

“Wow Sungkyu, I didn't think you guys were dating again. Especially after the awards show thing,” she smirked teasingly before greeting Woohyun. He gave her a confused half smile.

 

“We aren’t dating and why didn't you go on the retreat?”

 

“And what? Have people attempt at flirting with me for two whole days? No thanks. Either way, I need to work so please go away if you're just going to glare at me.”

 

“You could have rescued us from the office you know.”

 

“Oh please, save me the sob story. It's not like you called me anyways.” Babysoul shook her head and went back to work. “Oh yeah. If you get the chance, please tell Mijoo I won the bet. My phone ran out of battery and Yein won’t be bringing my charger until later tonight.”

 

“What bet?”

 

“The one of you two getting back together in less than three years,” she replied with a smirk before turning away.

 

Sungkyu objected the relationship once again, but she just ignored him. He stomped away in defeat, tired that she always managed to win somehow.

 

Woohyun and Sungkyu parted ways after they reached the outside world with the help of Yein who was entering the building as they were leaving. She gave them a questioning look before she proceeded to not ask any questions.

 

~

 

Author's Note: I'm sorry for the late update. I haven't been feeling well and if this chapter , I apologize for that as well. Please stay well. I will do my best to update more quickly next time. It will also be the commercial in the next update. I think I may have caught a cold and it wasn't just allergies after all. -_- Either way, I'm excited for the next chapter and I hope you guys are too. This story is almost over, I think maybe three more chapters and that's it. Also, if Seulgi's  character seems random, she does come into play when the commercial happens, so I added her into this chapter. Stay well and be happy! Thanks for reading!

~Mysticalrainbow (I hope Myungeun gets better. I love her so much.)

 

edit: i changed seulgi's character to be babysoul now and jinjin's as yein. sorry for all the changes. it just seems less random this way. i hope