Zero and...Zero?

Oh My Scornful Gaze *editing and then finishing*

He stepped onto the red carpet as cameras flashed and fans cheered. He had been nominated in three different categories, and he was very sure he’d win each and every one.

 

“Kim Sungkyu!!!! You look amazing tonight!!” An interviewer exclaimed how hot Sungkyu’s fashion was. His stylist had decided that a dark blue double ed suit with a black collar would be the perfect outfit. It had a small chain connecting the two coat sides. Sungkyu’s dark brown hair was up and he wore black eyeliner.

 

“Thank you Thomas! You look wonderful too.” Sungkyu complimented the interviewer back and made sure to send a few extra smiles towards his fans.

 

“Thank you. You know, it's been a while since your last album was released and your newest one had a lot of your fans surprised with the different concept. What was your inspiration for it?”

 

“Well, to be honest, I dated someone in the past and we broke up because neither of us were mature enough to handle it. So I think I grew from that in this album.”

 

“Ooh, was this person a fellow celebrity?”

 

“I can't really say.” Sungkyu awkwardly laughed and looked up at the sky. The stars created millions of constellations that night and he was loving them.

 

“Oh, that's okay. At least we got a great album from it. It was great speaking to you and congratulations on your nominations!!” Thomas scurried off to look for the next celebrity to interview.

 

“You seriously had to talk about him? Ughhh, so stupid.” Sungkyu mumbled to himself as he walked inside the building.

 

Woohyun on the other hand had already arrived and was sitting at a table with a model, Sungjong, a famous actor, Sungyeol, and some lady he thought looked familiar, but he couldn't remember her name.

 

“Kim Sungkyu looks so hot in that outfit, I'm jealous…” The lady that sat at the table with an elegant white dress spoke.

 

“Why would you be jealous of a man?” Sungyeol asked, slightly annoyed with the woman for not complimenting him earlier.

 

“Because I want to date someone as awesome and attractive as him.” She sighed and played with some of the flowers in front of her.

 

“He’s nothing special…” Woohyun commented quietly. He tried to be discreet about checking Sungkyu out, but the person closest to him, Sungjong, heard him well and rolled his eyes.

 

“Oh please, you're just jealous.” A new voice arrived behind Woohyun and once he turned around, he saw Sungkyu glaring at him.

 

“Am not,” Woohyun huffed.

 

“You totally are,” the lady said.

 

“Oh stay out of this,” Woohyun snapped at the lady.

 

“That is no way to talk to a lady!” Sungkyu scolded Woohyun. “Apologize.”

 

“Well, maybe she shouldn't have stuck her nose where it doesn't belong!” The two rose their voices and glared at each other. The fans quieted down as they heard both of Sungkyu and Woohyun’s loud voices.

 

“I can't believe you're attacking her!”

 

“I am not attacking her! And I apologize.” He said to the lady in a much calmer voice.

 

“Good, now you're a good boy.” Sungkyu smiled teasingly and Woohyun became irritated.

 

“OH BE QUIET! YOU KNOW I'M GOING TO WIN THE BEST OST OF THE YEAR! YOU JUST CAME TO MAKE ME NERVOUS!” Woohyun yelled.

 

“I DID NOT! MAYBE IF YOU STOPPED MAKING FALSE ACCUSATIONS THEN YOU WOULDN'T BE FEELING NERVOUS!!”

 

“AND WHEN DID I MAKE A FALSE ACCUSATION TOWARDS YOU?!”

 

“YOU SAID I STOLE YOUR LYRICS WHEN YOU ACTUALLY STOLE MINE!!” Sungkyu yelled.

 

“YOU KNOW VERY WELL THAT I WROTE THOSE LYRICS!”

 

“DID NOT!” Sungkyu objected.

“DID TOO!!”

“DID NOT!”

“DID TO-” Their argument was cut off as they felt water splashed all over them. Sungjong tipped his cup over, allowing for the last few drops of the water to fall out. He glared at both of them and stomped off.

 

“See what you did?! Now I’m all wet!”

 

“Well excuse me, you're not the only victim here!”

 

“Will both of you just stop? The fans are frightened.” Sungyeol said impatiently as glared at them. He had been waiting for the ceremony to start, but the two kids kept arguing so he was having a harder time hearing the announcers saying how many minutes longer they had to wait.

 

Woohyun and Sungkyu looked around and saw all the fans with their phones out taking videos and pictures. Reporters jotted down notes and also took pictures.

 

“This is all your fault. We never should have dated.” Sungkyu whispered to Woohyun so only the two of them could hear. He then walked away and began to apologize to people for the disturbance.

 

Woohyun apologized too and knew this would be a hot topic. He felt extremely guilty towards his fans and posted a formal apology after the awards show ended.

 

They even apologized during their acceptance speeches in the categories they won, respectively. Saying how they are good friends and it was all a huge misunderstanding.

 

The news went crazy after that and Sungkyu’s fans and Woohyun’s fans were constantly trashing each other and bickering. But there were the few that believed it was a huge misunderstanding and defended both sides equally.

 

Both artists felt very guilty and Sungkyu formally apologized again too. People called them problematic and Woohyun’s actions were the most unexpected. He was a gospel singer and yet he didn't practice what he preached.

 

-

 

“Are you okay?” Naeun asked over the phone. He had called her, because he felt he needed to talk to someone that wouldn't judge him harshly for what happened at the awards show. She knew of his and Sungkyu’s old relationship, so she was the perfect candidate to talk to.

 

“I don't know. I just don't want my fans to be upset with me. Gosh I feel so stupid. Why did I argue so childishly?” Naeun laughed lightly over the phone.

 

“Why are you laughing?” He asked, full of perplexity.

 

“Well, I mean, it reminds me of when you guys would have dumb arguments and then call me and I’d have to help you guys make up.”

 

“But we aren't dating anymore.”

 

“I know…..I guess I just got nostalgic and it amused me,” her voice fell slightly as she reminisced the times her favorite couple was together. “Are you sure you don't like him anymore?”

 

“Yes, I'm sure.”

 

“Even after reading that fanfiction I sent you?”

 

“Fanfiction? What fanfiction?” Confusion spread onto Woohyun’s face.

 

“The really popular one right now. I guess some fans thought your guys’ argument was cute and they wrote a fanfiction about you guys dating and arguing everyday. It was very funny.” Naeun laughed again. “Oh, I have to go, manager’s calling. Goodnight.”

 

“Goodnight.” Woohyun had not fully registered her hanging up the phone because he had found the fanfiction. And when he opened it up, there was the picture. The only picture Sungkyu had ever posted with Woohyun. The one where they were standing by a river and the sun was rising at dawn.

 

Emotions began to rise up inside of him. Ones of hurt, of annoyance, and of happiness. Even though he never wanted to admit it, he still had feelings for Sungkyu and he silently cursed Naeun for sending him the link.

 

“Do I still…..love you?” He read the title of the story and felt a few tears come out of his eyes. As he was about to read the first chapter, his manager called him.

 

“Are you insane?! How could you have argued with Sungkyu?! Again?! I'm coming to get you so be ready!!”

 

Woohyun didn't say a word and just hung up. He exited out of the page and grabbed his sweater. It was a cold night.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Author's Note: First off, HAPPY 8TH ANNIVERSARY!!!! (To both Inspirits and Holys) Time really goes so fast. I miss Sungkyu, and I hope Myungsoo will be at the Shining Night!  Here's the long awaited prequel! I hope it did not disappoint. I am so very thankful to all you guys. You guys make me so happy. The sequel should be up next week or a bit after since I'm still in school. Notice that I used a yellow color haha. Please stay tuned for the next installment. Be Happy!!! And Well!! Until next time. (Don't forget, it's not happy ending, it's never ending.) 

~Mysticalrainbowwwwwwww