04: "Good night"

Sincerely Despising You

Mina's POV

Well? The little beast I am carrying now behind my back.. fell asleep! This is making me mad. You guys wanna know why? I told her to hold the umbrella and how can she hold it when she's sleeping like this?! Now, I'm completely soaked in the rain just like her. 

"ty brat!!" I cursed under my breath.

Finally, after a couple minutes of struggling towards the infirmary (because they told me to take her there) I reached my destination. I turned the doorknob and got welcomed by their puzzled looks. "What the— Why are you guys soaked?!" asked by the worried Jihyo.

"Before you ask, could you please lend me a goddamn towel first?" 

Sana immediately stood up and asked the School Nurse for 2 towels, which was given to her despite of her horrible communicating skills with strangers here. She gave the towel to me after I settled down the wet Chaeyoung on the single seater sofa since the long sofa was occupied by the sleeping Dahyun and Tzuyu. 

Gosh, how could she still be sleeping? 

I threw the towel, directly on her face and I'm glad that it was enough to make her eyes flutter open, she is startled. It seems like she was really in a deep sleep. Her eyes were working on focusing, trying to make sense of the visual stimulus changing from blank (eyes closed) to busy (eyes open). 

"Where am I?" 

Nayeon took a step closer and hugged Chaeyoung. It was very unexpected. I mean, I did not expected that as well because as far as I know, Nayeon is afraid of Chaeyoung. Maybe not anymore? "Thank you for taking care of Jeongyeon out there on the field." she thanked her and gradually pulled away from the hug. 

"I owe you a lot, Chaeyoung!" Jeongyeon beamed at her.

Next, Jihyo was the one who took a step closer and she patted Chaeyoung's head. "Aigoo~ Nice job our little beast!"

"That's right!" Sana and Momo said in unison whilst cuddling with the two sleeping maknaes.

Praises were heard from everywhere. 

Should I thank her too? Geez, I don't think that's necessary right? She already caused so much trouble for me this day. I'm so exhausted.

I turned my back from them, making an attempt to lay down on the bed next to Jeongyeon. Maybe I should just rest too—

"Cha-Chaeyoung? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" —Nayeon

Huh?

I spun around yet again and saw Chaeyoung, tears were streaming down on her face. It's as if they were uncontrollably flowing down. She covered her face with her hands and shook hear head simultaneously, "I don't know... " her voice cracked as she wipes her tears away like a 7-year old kid.

I am speechless. She's been crying a lot the whole day. It's weird to see her like that. I feel pain when she's in pain. Why though? am I getting attached to her already? That's a no, right? I mean, she's my enemy. Her pain should be my happiness but I feel pain instead.

"Chaeyoung.. looks tough on the outside but in reality, she's a softie on the inside, isn't she?" Jeongyeon mumbled. It was enough for me to hear and I guess her question was directed to me.

"Don't ask. I am not even close with her." 

She raised her eyebrows, up and down as if she's mocking me. "Really now? As far as I know, you've been with her a lot these past few days." she said as she adjusted her body on the bed. "Do you really hate her?"

I was put into a deep thought. I mean, do I seriously hate her? I don't really know. My own perspective of her seems to be changing. Seeing her vulnerable state couple of times makes me want to protect and take care of her but how could I, if she's acting like a brat towards me? 

Sighing, I sat on Jeongyeon's bed. "Sometimes, she's nice and sometimes not. It makes me think that she's bipolar or something. Ugh, why did you even ask me this question?" 

I heard her chuckle and felt her warm hands tapping my back. "It's okay. You'll know the answer once you get to know her better." she grabbed a slice of apple from the table beside her and threw it inside . "To be frank, opposites attract. Your personalities are opposites. Meaning, they don't go well with each other. Plus, Chaeyoung is a real beauty and so are you. I wouldn't be surprised to hear the two of you dating in the future. 

I shot her a glare and earned a chuckle from her, "I don't like girls." I retorted. 

"Well, you'll never know." she winked.

Oh boy.

It sure is tough to be surrounded by gays. 

<><><><><><>

What day is it today?

Saturday.

Which means,

No classes!

Usually, if it's in the weekends I'd just shut myself in my room and play some online games. But, the problem is, my dormmates keeps pestering me to watch a horror movie with all of them. Seriously. So annoying.

"Mina unnie! What's taking you so long?!" Dahyun poked her head inside my shared room with Nayeon, Jihyo and Sana "I swear to god! Can you please stop playing Elsword just for now?"

I rolled my eyes, instantly shutting the PC down. Goodbye my world...

"You happy now?" a tone of irritation was somehow present in my voice but since she's Dahyun, I know she won't get intimidated by it. Dahyun is Dahyun after all. 

"Yes! I am happy!" she squealed and ran downstairs. 

I'm living with a bunch of weirdos. Great.

Please take note of the sarcasm I put in there.

I was just about to go down when I noticed the maknae room's open. Kids these days sure are careless. I stood in front of the door, making an attempt to close it but I stopped when I saw a familiar figure inside. "Chaeyoung? Are you not gonna join us downstairs?" I made the effort to sound polite. 

She spun around and turned to me. "No." she said with a deadpan face on.

"Okay." I replied simply but I guess it'll be fun to a bit. "Didn't knew you're afraid of horror movies." I don't really know if she's afraid or nah but let's see. 

She was flustered for a moment but was able to retain her sassy face. "No I am not!" she shouted, defensively.

"Whatever you say." I turned my back towards her but that doesn't mean my teasing will stop there. "Be careful. You might realize you're not just alone in there." I enunciated with a hint of a creepy tone in my voice. It was weird because she went silent and I wasn't able to see her reaction since I immediately went downstairs after scaring her wits out. 

Our long sofa got occupied by DahMo, Satzu and 2 yeon (I don't know how they fitted in there) while God Jihyo is sitting on the floor. Since there're no seats available now, I sat beside Jihyo who was completely focused on the movie but I think she noticed me since she turned her head to me, "Where's Chaeyoung?" she inquired. 

"She's upstairs. I don't know what she's doing." 

"Oh look, she's here." 

She's right. She's here now. 

Oddly enough, her movements are way too stiff. Could it be that... I successfully scared her? *insert evil smirk here*

There're no seats available, just like what I said earlier, so Chaeyoung sat beside me but she sure did put a space between us. Wow, she hates me that much? Psh.

"I.. I just want to watch okay?!" she yelled at me and turned her attention to the TV next.

The eff? What's with the tsundere act?

I rolled my eyes and did the same. I am currently focused on the movie right now and it's pretty creepy. I love creepy stuff so things like this won't scare me. I'm a ghost myself anyway. My classmates in grade school teased me a lot because I look like a ghost for having a long, jet black hair. 

"KYAAAA!!! DAHYUNIEEEE!!!" Momo screamed as soon as a jump scare appeared. I looked behind me with an annoyed face on and saw the gays clinging to each other. Definitely gays.

I shook my head in disgust and turned my attention to the TV once again but... I felt something wrapped around my arms. I looked at the person to see who it was and frick, is she for real? "Chaeyoung, why are you clinging to my left arm?" I whispered, sounding irritated. 

"Shut up. I can't handle this movie."  she whispered back. 

"Then go back to your room already." 

"No." 

"Why?" 

"A ghost might be waiting for me there." she argued, staring at me with a terrified look in her eyes. 

Oh god.

I must be crazy for thinking this but...

She looked so cute just now. 

I swallowed the lump in my throat and broke the eye contact. "Fine. You can cling to me but don't overdo it." I warned. 

It seems like we've reach the already. Everybody except for me started to fidget on their seats. Why are they even afraid? It's pretty boring. Way too boring. If I may suggest, I'd rather watch a gore movie with them. It's cooler than lame- ghost movies.

I took a glance on my left side and saw Chaeyoung burying her face to my arm. Although she was mumbling, I can hear what she's spouting clearly. "No, no, no, no, no, no, no." Is what she said. 

I chuckled softly. She's pretty cute.

Finally, the movie has come to an end. I checked our wall clock and it was 11 PM already. Time flies by so fast.

"I'm gonna sleep with Momo unnie! Jeongyeon unnie, just go and sleep with Nayeon unnie okay?" Dahyun demanded as she wrap her arms around Momo's neck.

Jeongyeon had no other choice since Nayeon was hugging her like a koala already. There's no escape. Poor Jeongyeon. "Ugh, seriously this rabbit!" she whined. 

"Tzuyu-yah and I will sleep on my bed!" Sana added and patted the terrified Tzuyu's head.

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung froze. Oh I get it now. 

"What? Then I'll be left all alone in the maknae room!" she was definitely opposed to this whole idea of her roommates leaving her alone in their room. 

Nayeon poked Chaeyoung's nose and gave her a mocking look. "Exactly!" 

After the accident in the field a few days ago, they've been extremely comfortable with Chaeyoung. It's weird to see them patting her head, hugging her, kissing her cheeks and worst, sometimes it looks like they're her. 

"How about you sleep with me, Chaeyoung?" Jihyo offered, making the little thug's face lit up excitingly. 

Since everything is now settled. We already went upstairs to sleep. Jeongyeon on the other hand, warned Dahyun and Momo. "Don't do something funny in there." the two just giggled and happily went inside.

We reached our room and the rest of them instantly flopped themselves to bed already. As for me, I was wide awake until 1 AM because I'm browsing on my phone for some good online games to play on my PC. 

3rd Person's POV 

It was around 2 AM already and Mina's surroundings got quiet since almost all of them already drifted to dreamland. She was still awake as she listens to KPOP music with her earphones plugged in both of her ears. 

Her peace got destroyed when she heard a loud thud. Mina immediately sat on her bed. She was predicting that it was a burglar but was relieved when it was just Chaeyoung— who just fell off from Jihyo's bed.

"I assume that Jihyo unconsciously pushed her off from the bed." Mina mumbled as she watched the half-awake Chaeyoung, rubbing her eyes. Judging from Jihyo's sleeping position and sleeping habits, it's impossible for Chaeyoung to sleep with her. The Japanese, elegant girl  attracted Chaeyoung's attention surreptitiously by saying "Psst!" and it made the younger girl look at her, successfully. 

Then she gestured her hands for Chaeyoung to come closer to her and it was quite a funny scene since she thinks that Chaeyoung is not in the right state of her mind right now, especially when she's obeying her commands.

The little tiger, unexpectedly, flopped herself to Mina's bed— or rather, to Mina's body. 

"Hey— Idiot! What do you think you're doing?!" she whispered at the baby cub sleeping on top of her. 

Fortunately, Chaeyoung is light so she was able to drag her away from her body. It was really not her intention for Chaeyoung to sleep beside her. She was just planning to make fun of her instead but seems like her marvelous plan got ruined.

"Tsk! Go awaaaay!" she lowered her voice a bit while slightly shaking Chaeyoung's body off from her bed but nothing's happening. 

After multiple attempts, she finally gave up. 

Mina yawned, feeling sleepy already. She got no other choice but to let her enemy sleep with her on the same bed. It was a bit uncomfortable but just being beside the little beast, made her feel warm. 

She closed her eyes, trying to fall asleep already but  she felt something warm wrapped around her waist. Mina was definitely creeped out so she fluttered her eyes open and gulped when she saw that it was Chaeyoung's arm. She was hugging her!

". Don't hug me." Mina sounded slightly irritated. 

"Can't help it. You smell like my Mom." 

Mina's eyes widened and turned to Chaeyoung who still has her eyes closed. "What the? You're awake?" 

"You keep moving so how could I fall asleep? dummy." 

Mina was definitely dumbfounded at the moment. She couldn't say a thing and she couldn't retort for some various reasons that she doesn't know. Her tummy feels funny all of a sudden and the heat climbing up to her face adds as a bonus. What is she feeling exactly?

"I'm gonna sleep now. Good night Mina unnie." Chaeyoung's voice trailed off as she snuggled closer to the older girl. 

'She's so warm. ' Mina thought. 

The elegant girl on the other hand, subconsciously turned her body to Chaeyoung and now they are facing each other. She hugged her back and closed her eyes comfortably. "Good night, Chaeyoungie." 

Just like that, the night passed by with two hearts unknowingly beating for each other.