01: "I don't like you"

Sincerely Despising You

Third Person's POV

"Chaeyoung. Eomma will marry someone again so you have to learn to take care of yourself." 

'No. Don't leave me.'

"Eomma will go now." 

'Please don't.' 

'Eomma!'

'Please—'
 

"CHAEYOUUUUNG!!! WAKE UP!" 

A loud voice was heard from downstairs. She had jumped out of her bed, landing face-down on the floor. "That unnie really has to minimize her voice sometimes." She thought out loud. 

Chaeyoung raced downstairs, only to see her Jihyo unnie, fuming in anger while the girls sitting down on the table chuckled at the sight. Except for one cold person who doesn't give a damn. "Sit down and eat already or else, we'll leave you behind!" she scolded.

"It's okay. I don't want to go to school anyways— Ouch! what did you smack me for?!" the shorter girl annoyingly rubbed her red forehead that got smacked by the Angry Train. "Education is important. I'm your senior, that's why I have to take care of you. If your Mom heard your nonsense, I'm sure she'll do the same." she answered which made Chaeyoung taken aback. 

Just hearing the word 'Mom' made her flinch in an instant. She was determined that she really hates that word but in reality, keeps having mixed emotions when hearing it. Not wanting the girls to suspect her sudden changed of mood, she just rolled her eyes and maintained her composure. "Whatever." she muttered and scanned for an empty chair to sit. There IS one available seat but unfortunately, it's in front of her mortal enemy. "I am soooo not gonna sit in front of Mina. Just seeing her face ruins my day." she turned to her same age dormmate, smiling as she says, "Tzuyu, how about we exhange seats?" the girl called Tzuyu nervously grinned and shook her head. 

"Chaeyoung-ah! You should address Mina as your unnie since she's at the same year level as us." another unnie named Sana scolded her. "Plus, I want to sit next to Tzuyu so bog off." she added as she clung tightly to Tzuyu's arms. 

'Goddamn this gay unnie!' Chaeyoung mentally cursed.

"Aish! stop being picky Chaeyoung! Shut your mouth and sit in front of her just this once." and another unnie scolded her again. Nayeon.

"Nayeon's right." Jeongyeon shortly joined in.

"Picky picky picky up~" Momo sang, jokingly. Then stuffed some jokbal in next.

"I second that." Dahyun said, not looking at Chaeyoung in the eyes.

'My day started with a bunch of unnies scolding me. Great.'  she sarcastically noted through her mind.

Leaving Chaeyoung with no other choice, she was forced to sit in front of Myoui Mina. She let out a disdainful sigh before grumpily digging in her food. "I don't like you." she mumbled but it was clear enough for Mina to hear it. 

"Neither do I." she coldly replied without focusing her attention to the short girl.  She could care less to the girl's sassy attitude since she already got used to it. Never in her life she had one person that hates her and that only person is Son Chaeyoung. A short and brutally frank girl that everyone dislikes.

Mina knows that she's cold but no one got pissed off because of it. In fact, her cold attitude made everyone in the campus like her and adore her. She just finds it weird because Chaeyoung already despises her the moment they first met. She can't even recall what she did wrong to make the little beast hate her. 

It's been a year since Chaeyoung was sent to their dorm. All those days passed but strangely, Mina and her never had the chance to talk. Resulting them to realize that they're not really fond of each other's presence.

"Alright, go get yourselves ready. We have to leave for school." Jihyo remarked.

"Ne." the girls said in unison excluding Mina and Chaeyoung who keeps exchanging glares with one another. 
 

Mina's POV

"Mina, can you help me understand our past few lessons in Math? I wasn't able to go to school for 3 consecutive days because of my flu." Park Jimin, one of the school's popular jocks came to me and gave me a heartwarming smile— that I do not care. 

"That's not my fault."  I replied bluntly. "Go ask someone else." 

He chuckled. Ugh, now what? Does he think that I'll fall in love with his stupid laugh and smiles? he better remember that he's talking with me. I can be more blunt and cold as I can get.

"Everybody's right. You're such a cold-hearted person." Oh, thank goodness. Seems like his brain still hasn't rotted to death. 

I started to frown when he smiled again, "But I won't give up that easily, beautiful." he winked then giddily walked out of the room like an idiot.

Yeah sure and I won't give up refusing you all over again. 

Sighing, I packed all of my things inside my bag, heading to the cafeteria next. My loud dormmates told me to join them eat. Once they invite me, they'll persuade me forever until I agree. How annoying right? I'm surprised for being able to persevere hanging out with them throughout the whole school year. I should be given a reward.

I received gazes of awes from different kinds of people as I casually enter the cafeteria. They see me everyday yet they keep acting like this is their first time seeing me. Every single day this happens. Every. Single. Freaking. Day.

Truth be told, it's annoying as hell. 

"Eii, the famous Minari is here~" stupid Momo stupidly grinned at me. 

I ignored her and sat down beside Jeongyeon. It's the best choice that I've ever made. Unlike the others, Jeongyeon is the only who never tries to nag me. Once she knows I'm angry, she keeps shut and would even discipline Nayeon and the others. Oddly enough, her body goes stiff whenever I'm near her. Maybe she's just scared of me.

"Dahyun farted inside the classroom earlier." Tzuyu divulged and started to crack up. "It was so loud, Seonsengnim thought it was the fire alarm." 

The girls laughed and teased the pouting Dahyun. Hmm yeah... that's pretty funny I guess but I just stared at them. I mean, my laugh won't come out so what was I supposed to do? Forcing a laugh doesn't look good on me. They'll start to think that I got possessed.

"Oh my god HAHHAHA wait.. HAHHAHA where's Chaeyoung by the way?" Jihyo wondered, tilting her head from left to right. 

My mood suddenly dropped. Just hearing her name makes me sick. Seeing her face makes me want to throw her to a cliff nearby. She's been triggering me a lot lately so I hope she dies an early death. 

Dahyun abruptly answered, "I saw her talking with some seniors earlier." I hope that little girl's in trouble. Please let her be in trouble to the point that she stops opening that obnoxious mouth of hers. 

"Seniors? Wait, you don't mean...?" Jihyo queried, looking furious as ever. 

Oh boy, here we go again. 

"Maybe she's starting a fight with them again. Just let that stupid mutt be. Let her live her own hoodlum-like life." I said with a sigh of irritation. Just so you know, this is how cruel I am to her. That annoying rascal deserves a beating but I doubt she'll get one because she can defend herself, easily. I hope she gets her lesson learned this time.

"Mina, we can't just let her be. We're her seniors. It's our duty to take care of her." Sana said. 

"Well, don't count me in." I said with firm persistence. "I don't remember agreeing to this so-called duty to take care of a brat. I'm sure you guys are also well aware of it, no?" 

All of them went silent.

What I said was true anyway. Son Chaeyoung is a brat and I'm sure they know that too.

Dahyun and Tzuyu are in the same year level with Chaeyoung, they also share the same room but they never had the courage to approach her first. Sure, Chaeyoung is talking to them but they never really had a proper conversation with that kid.

None of us in the dorm knows anything about Son Chaeyoung. All we know is that she's a brat, a violent girl that's hard to handle. In addition, she fights a lot. Whenever she gets home, there'd be bruises on her arms and body. The look on her face also looks terrifying so no one even dares to ask 'What happened?' since they're too shocked and scared to. So in the end, we just had to believe what the rumors says, that she's violent and beats up people. 

The girls may be joking around her but in reality, they're afraid.

Except for Jihyo and me. 

Well, in my case, I'd be glad to take her head on.

"But still, let's find her. I don't want to see her at the dorm full of bruises again. It's kinda creeping me out." Nayeon pleaded. 

Wow. Great. 

Rolling my eyes, I placed my elbow on the table and leaned my face on my palm, "Whatever you say." 

<><><><><>

Goddamit.

Where the heck is that brat?

My phone suddenly beeped so I had to check who it was. It's from Jihyo.

God Jihyo:

" Mina, can you please check if she's behind the gym? I asked some students and told me they witnessed Chaeyoung and the seniors talking there. "

I let out a groan of frustration, raising my hands slowly and brushed my hair back. 

Myoui Mina: 

" Go to hell. " 

So far, this is the most exhausting day I experienced at school. Usually, I skip PE since I'm not that really good at sports. I'm glad that the Teachers always give me permission to skip though, when all I do was slack off. This is my punishment for skipping, isn't it?

God Jihyo: 

"Awww, I wuv you too. I'm looking inside the Auditorium and the girls are searching who-knows-where. Do your best. Find her or I'll rip Pengmi to shreds. Hwaiting!!" 

.

I guess I have no other choice then, but what will I do if I find her? Should I just let those gangsta seniors beat her up? Hmm yeah, I guess I will go with that.

While I was on my way, I descried an infuriating figure. His sweat traveled all the way down on his neck. He approached me with a smile, "Hello, Mina-ssi." he tried to look cool by spinning the ball on his index finger. 

"Hi." I simply greeted and completely ignored him, now walking to my destination. That guy... I don't really like to see him. His y eyes is making me fuming mad. I stopped on my marks and turned around, "Bambam-ssi, stop following me if you don't want me to prick your eyes with my nails." I knew it. He's planning to follow around, which he always try to do since day one. But, it's good a thing that he obeys my commands sometimes. It made me feel like my late puppy was still alive.

He pouted and looked down, finally he left.

Wow, there sure are so many irksome obstacles in the way.

As I was nearing my destination, I heard screams and shouts from afar. Their fight must be pretty intense huh? I took a peek, frowning because there're no fights going on at the moment. I'm sure she will fight them later on. What do you expect? She's a thug.

"I can't believe a midget like you beat my friends up." I recognized the guy. It was Taecyeon. Same year level as us. I also saw Chansung beside him. They were completely surrounding that short girl.

"I can't believe a huge guy like you to come at me with a companion by your side. Are you a coward? You don't wanna face me one on one?" the midget smirked. She was trying to . 

Doesn't she even realize the situation she's in? That's it. She's definitely gonna get beaten up.

"I want you to stop bullying Lee Jong Suk-ssi if I win, okay?" she smiled, confidently. 

Hah! what a joke— wait, what?

"Why are you even defending that nerd? Pfft. Are you interested in him?" Chansung snickered.

I saw Chaeyoung's eyebrows furrow. She laughed at the last statement. "Dude seriously? I'm way too busy for things like that. Now it's time for me to ask. Are you gay for Taecyeon?" 

"W..What?!" 

Taecyeon look confused but was finally alarmed when Chaeyoung started to take her jacket off "Meh, your reaction is way too boring. Now let's fight Taecyeon!" 

But I'm quite surprised though. Son Chaeyoung? Defending a nerd? Seriously? Is this fake news?

I started to remain restless on my spot. Why am I even nervous?

She attacked with a big right overhand punch. Taecyeon stepped out of range, but before he could bring his hands up to defend, Chaeyoung drove her shoulder into his chest, slamming him into the wall, where she started landing solid punches into Taecyeon's gut.  

Taecyeon was knocked out after her swift yet accurate moves. She smirked and picked her jacket up, coolly placing it around her shoulders. "Be stronger if you want to fight me again. I hate weak 'gays' like you."

I have to admit, that was cool.

But I still hate her.

My eyes widened when Chansung pulled out a pocket knife. Oh . I think I'm gonna make the most stupid move in my life.

Subconsciously, my body moved on its own. I picked up a sharp looking rock, big enough to make someone injured. As soon as I saw Chansung raise his hands, I threw the rock with great force, hoping that it will hit his face. 

"OW!" he whimpered. 

Bullseye!

However, Chaeyoung was shocked. She looked at Chansung then her gaze shifted on me, she looks puzzled. "What are you doing here Mina?" she questioned in a rasping tone. 

"Wow. That's a pretty nice 'Thank You' coming from a brat like you. " I sarcastically rolled my eyes. Well, I just saved her life. I regret it now. I should've just let him stab her to death. 

"Don't expect those words to come out from me. Idiot." she scoffed. 

The both of us looked at Chansung at the same time, he just laughed out of the blue."You guys think we lost? Hah! Keep on dreaming!"  What does he mean—

Suddenly, Taecyeon appeared out of nowhere with a fat stick on his hand. He was aiming for me. 

.

*BLAG!*

My eyes were tightly shut. I'm pretty sure I was the one who got hit but...  why is it that I don't feel any pain? I just felt something warm around my shoulders which is weird.

"Mina." hearing Chaeyoung's voice, I opened my eyes quickly. I was at loss for words after seeing this unexpected event in front of me. Chaeyoung has her right arm wrapped around my shoulders while her left arm was... blocking the stick. In other words, she was the one who got hit! but.. why? It was supposed to be me. 

My gaze transfixed to her calm expression. She turned to me, our faces, near with each other. She smiled gently, her right cheek showing her dimple which I never saw before. "Mina unnie... you shouldn't really be caught off guard at time like this." she chuckled. Son Chaeyoung freaking chuckled! 

She also called me unnie.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Darnit. It's not the right time to be doki doki.

"Wh..What do you—" I felt my face become hot. What is this? Why am I like this? I'm so embarrassed to death right now. 

Our intense staring contest got cancelled when Jihyo arrived, with a Teacher beside her. "OMO! ARE YOU GUYS OKAY?!?!" she rushed to our side and pushed Taecyeon away. Wait a minute, was he just looking at us while holding that damn stick?

Chaeyoung harshly put her arms away from my shoulder and glared at me, "I am not. Blame Mina for her stupidity." 

Wow. Is she perhaps bipolar? She seems nice earlier and now she's acting like a . Again. Towards me. 

"This wouldn't have happened if only you weren't picking fights, dummy." I hissed at her. 
 

"Dummy? Me? Stop calling me dummy. You're the dummy one here. You just interrupted my blissful fight." her eyebrows furrowed. 
 

"You call that blissful? Sorry but it was disgusting. I even mistook you for a thug earlier."
 

"Should you be saying that to your savior?" 
 

"I was the one who saved you first, stupid." I said, crossing my arms. 
 

"I never said I needed your help." she replied and crossed her arms too. 
 

"Neither do I." 
 

"Really? Your expression earlier tells me otherwise though." she looked at me teasingly.
 

"Oh will you please just shut—" 

We stopped bickering when Jihyo's hands covered our mouths. Instead, we just argued through our eyes. More like a glaring contest.

"Okay stooop! We have to get Chaeyoung to the infirmary first." Jihyo said whilst inspecting her injured left arm. A big bruise has formed already.

"Whatever. I'm not coming with you." I rolled my eyes and grumpily walked away. 

This is weird.

Really weird.

I made a fist and lightly hit my left chest. 

Why is this stupid heart thumping so fast?

I really hate that brat.