03: "The more you hate, the more you love!"

Sincerely Despising You

Mina's POV

Christmas break ended in a flash and tell you what, that break isn't enough. The bags under my eyes must be clearly visible right now since they gave us tons of projects and activities to be done at home. They call that Christmas break? What a joke.

"Hey, Mina! eat your food!" Jihyo scolded me with her.. big, intimidating eyes. Her eyes are cute but it gives off this intimidating vibe. We're currently inside the cafeteria right now since we don't have further classes in the afternoon. The Sports Fest will be held later, that's why.

I placed my spoon down and grabbed whatever novel it is inside my bag. "I don't have an appetite. Don't mind me, I'll just read here."

I felt a light tap on my shoulder, it was Momo. "Can I eat your food then?" her eyes were shining so how could I say no?

"Do what you want." I simply said. She took my plate and ate the remains of food that I didn't get to munch.

A brief moment of silence engulfed our surroundings. Well, just our table. The other tables were filled with wild guys, fuccgirls and such. 

"Oh yeah, Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon is in the female's soccer team. How about we watch their game later?" Nayeon finally broke the silence whilst playing with her food. The rest of them nodded and agreed except... for me. 

What they did next was annoying.

They just stared at me with those pleading eyes, as if they were expecting a 'yes' coming out from my mouth.

I don't really want to watch since that... beast is there. I'm in a good mood right now and forcefully watching her game is out of the question. 

The problem is, Jeongyeon is also there. She's a very nice dormmate to me and it'd be very disrespectful if I'm the only one who didn't watch. 

Aish.

"Okay fine. I'll go too." I rolled my eyes and averted my attention back on the novel. 

"Wow unnie! It seems like you really want to see Chaeyoung huh?" Dahyun said jokingly. As if! I completely ignored her which made her pout and sulk. "Mina unnie is being cold again!"

Sana, who is hugging the tall, straight-faced maknae,also joined in. "The more you hate, the more you love!" she giggled. "I think that Mina loves Chaeyoung though."

Me? No way. Never in a million years. That's so ew.

My Mother never taught me to fall in love with a thuggish girl. Plus, I'm straight and I have high standards. My standards are so high and that brat won't ever reach it. Never. I didn't mean it because of her height, okay?

"She's dangerous. It's impossible to fall in love with someone like her. Very impossible." I said irritatingly whilst brushing my hair back.

"But, I think deep down inside, she's a nice girl. Sure, she goes home with lots of bruises on her arms but we really don't have a clue about her family background and her past. She's a living mystery indeed." —Jihyo

I hate to admit it but she's right. I guess we can't really judge her by the way she acts since we don't know a single thing about her. That time in Christmas Eve, I read the letter her Mom wrote for her. It was horrible. I don't think I can even consider it as a letter. That letter is the only thing I knew about Chaeyoung. That only. The rest... I don't know anymore.

Also, I really want to know why she hates me. It just doesn't make any sense. I haven't met her before to make her hate me like this.

"Enough with this Chaeyoung talk. Their game will start soon. Let's go." I closed my book and shoved it inside my bag. 

We went to the field side by side and it was really uncomfortable since everybody keeps staring at us with their mouth left agape. I for one, knows that the girls beside me are famous too just like me but... I don't really need attention from other people. 

We sat on the bench and waited for Dream High School's female soccer team to come out. It took them a couple of minutes to reveal themselves and when they did, Jihyo screamed so hard along with the other girls. There are students watching too and they're screaming pretty hard.

"What school are we against?" I heard Dahyun ask Momo. 

"YG High School." she replied. 

Hmm.. I only know Lisa and Jennie there but it's not like I'm friends with them. I just know them. But wait, from what I remember, those two are also in the females' soccer team. So it'd be Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung VS Jennie and Lisa huh? Interesting.

YG High School's females' soccer team also revealed themselves on the field. My guess was right. Lisa and Jennie are here. 

"Wow... those two girls from YG High look so stunning~" Dahyun wore a mischievous smile on her face.. which disappeared later on when Momo smacked her arm. "Ow! What was that for, Unnie?"

"Nothing."

Looks like someone's jealous.

Seems like it'll start already since the referee went to the middle with a coin between his forefinger and middle finger. 

"Chaeyoung and Jeongyeon must be really good. I mean, Chaeyoung's postion is a Striker while Jeong is a Second Striker. I'm excited to see teamwork between the two." I heard Jihyo whisper to me. Hmm, well I'm curious to see their skills. "Plus, Chaeyoung is the team captain. That's so cool." she added.

My eyes intently watch the brat who is now making way towards the referee. Jennie too. I guess she's the Team Captain in their team.

We don't know what they were talking about but I guess they chose between Heads or Tails. Afterwards, Chaeyoung and her team has the ball. Maybe they won on that coin flip.

Our females' soccer team is doing very well since they were agile and fast. Whenever opponent make attempts take the ball from them, they'd easily pass by that person. This is my first time seeing them play and it is a wonderful sight to see.

Finally, the ball was passed to Chaeyoung successfully. Defenders went to Chaeyoung's side in order to stop her but she was very fast to dodge their attacks. She's moving very swiftly as if she's in a fight, dodging every attack of her opponents.

"Wow! Chaeyoung is good!" Momo exclaimed in awe. She's right about it though. Plus, Chaeyoung has great soccer dribbling skills. 

Chaeyoung got cornered so she passed it to the Second Striker, Jeongyeon. I noticed something. That brat just released a painful expression on her face. Was she hurt? We weren't really able to see a thing since they almost surrounded Chaeyoung. The defenders were blocking the view.

Next thing I noticed was she's struggling to run forcefully. This is not good. Something's definitely wrong here.

The ball was with Jeongyeon and just like Chaeyoung, she was able to prevent the defenders from stealing the ball although she's not that fast like the latter.

Jennie came into the picture with Lisa. I think they ordered the defenders to stay away from Jeongyeon and let them do the job instead. So what happened was the two skilled girls were now trying to take the ball away. Jeongyeon won't even let them take the ball and she looks amused to see the two YG girls struggling a lot.

"I don't think this will end good..." Tzuyu wore a woried face. The other girls look worried too. 

I think so too.

.

.

.

We heard people screaming in shock. My dormmates and I definitely don't know what to do. All I can feel now is they're boiling in anger just like me. 

Jennie kicked Jeongyeon's leg. She kicked it really hard which made Jeongyeon yelp in pain and kneel down.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Nayeon stood up and rushed to that field. We couldn't stop her. Oh boy, she's gonna spit fire. Definitely, we don't want that bunny to cause furthermore troubles so we followed her just in case.

When we reached the field, the coaches and team members were gathered around. They were criticizing Jennie who keeps rolling her eyes. "It was an accident you dumb asses!" she hissed.

Nayeon took a step closer. She broke free from our hold. Ugh, this is why I don't want Nayeon to get mad. "Accident?! ! You totally planned that didn't you?! We saw you do it on purpose!" 

"How dare you to call me that!" Jennie raised her hands and slapped Nayeon. The impact itself was hard enough to make Nayeon fall on the ground. "Look who's pathetic now?" 

Momo, Sana and Tzuyu came to Nayeon and Jeongyeon's aid while Dahyun tugged my uniform which made me turn to look at her. "I take back what I said. They aren't stunning at all." she muttered, full of regret and went to where the others are.

Meanwhile, I was glaring daggers at Jennie. I caught her attention, resulting her to glare back at me. "What are you looking at huh?" 

"Ugly."

"What?!"

"You're not just ugly but deaf as well. The real definition of pathetic."

She took a step closer. Oh did I hit the button? I'm glad I did. She looks like an angry llama. Hilarious. 

I didn't even blink when she raised her hands. So what? if she slaps me, she'll be the bad person here. Not my fault. 

"Stop." Upon hearing that husky, mature voice, I also froze on my spot. Chaeyoung stood in front of Jennie and slapped her. This time, Jennie was the one on the ground. It was scary. Chaeyoung is scary. Her slap looks painful than Jennie's. "Tell me, did you slap my unnie?" she asked, calmly whilst pointing her forefinger to Nayeon. 

Jennie smirked devilishly. It was enough to make my blood boil too but let's hold on to that. There's an angrier beast near me here.

"So? what are you—" Jennie got cut off when Chaeyoung landed a slap on her face again. 

"Yes or no?"

"Damn you—" she received another slap form Chaeyoung again. 

This is not good. If this continues, Chaeyoung might get in trouble. Wait, isn't that good though? Why am I having second thoughts now?

I dragged Chaeyoung away from Jennie. Dahyun and the others were telling me to do so. It's not like I always obey them. It was just the right thing to do before this beast explodes."Enough. Go back to your den, tiger." I whispered to her ears. Oddly enough, she calmed down and didn't show any violent movements furthermore.

Lisa, who seems to be afraid by the current situation, she helped Jennie stand up and they rushed to their respective teams. The coaches were disappointed on how the game turned out. I think YG High got scolded too. Especially Jennie.

As of now, Jeongyeon was brought to the infirmary. We just followed along.

This is gonna be a long day.

<><><><><><>

"Gosh! That Jennie will pay for what she did!" Nayeon exclaimed, still pissed off about earlier. We spent an hour inside here since we don't want to leave Jeong alone. Dahyun and Tzuyu were sleeping soundly on the sofa while the two gays, Momo and Sana are enjoying just by watching them as if they're angels.

"Relax Nabongs! I'm totally fine now." Jeongyeon lightly tapped Nayeon's shoulder to assure her. "Where's Chaeyoung by the way? I have to thank her."

"Thank her for what?" Jihyo asked as she continue peeling the tangerines that were served by the School Nurse. "You guys must've not noticed but from the start of them game, they were trying to injure us pretty bad. When the ball was always passed to me, those filthy defenders would make an attempt to hit me with their elbows but since Chaeyoung is there, they never got the chance to hurt anyone from the team. Well, except for the fact that I got hurt in the end." Jeongyeon replied, gesturing Jihyo to shoot one tangerine inside , which was done successfully. "And I think that Chaeyoung is the most injured player in our team since she's been protecting us with that small body of hers from the start." she added.

So that explains why that brat had a painful expression on her face earlier. Jeez, why can't she just be honest with herself?

"I guess she isn't that bad after all..." —Momo

"Yeah.. I feel so guilty because I think of her as a bad person." —Sana

"And she slapped Jennie too. Haha! That was the best part." —Nayeon

I looked at the window outside. It's dark already and there were no signs of stars on the sky. I bet that it's gonna rain.

But, where's Chaeyoung?

I need to find her, quickly.

3rd Person's POV

It was getting dark already yet Chaeyoung was left all alone on the field. She was sitting in the middle there, looking at the night sky. She was waiting for the Moon to show up. Her day was really bad today so she wanted to at least, let the Moon listen to her troubles and doubts.

What happened earlier isn't the only thing that's troubling her. She somehow felt empty. She started to feel like that when she saw her Teammates' parents visit them. The parents were definitely disappointed at how the game turned out but still, they praised their offsprings. Chaeyoung wanted that. She wanted to be praised but who would? Everybody in the campus hates her for her sassy attitude. Plus, she gets into fights all the time. 

"I definitely feel like I'm the pathetic one here." she mumbled, hugging herself since the night air breeze is cold. 

What she wanted all this time is love.

She wanted to be loved.

But it's not like everything goes the way she wanted it to be.

She let out a disdainful sigh and gazed upwards again. The Moon is nowhere to be seen. She wanted to see the Moon the most but the dark clouds were too thick. Her prediction is that it'll rain heavily afterwards.

—And her guess was right. It did start to rain.

But she wasn't moving an inch. She doesn't plan to take shelter either. She doesn't have the energy to stand up anyway, since her whole body has gone sore because she's been blocking some physical attacks from their opponents earlier. They were surprisingly strong. 

"It's okay, Son Chaeyoung. Just be yourself. Don't let anyone break your walls. It's fine. Be strong." she mumbled to herself, preventing her voice to crack. She was totally soaked in the rain yet she can't move her limbs.

'Moon, where are you?' 

She squinted her eyes when a flash of light was pointed to her face. When the light disappeared off of her face, she took a good look who it was that did that annoying act. "Mina?" she was correct. It was indeed the cold Myoui Mina.

The latter took a step closer and shared the umbrella with the surprised Chaeyoung. "You must really believe that 'idiots don't get sick' huh?" there was a tone of irritation in her voice. "You're really dumb do you know that?"

Chaeyoung was too dumbfounded to speak. She didn't expect Mina to find her here since it was really dark. So that explains the flash light earlier.

"I know." she answered back. She's still doing everything she can to look less vulnerable in front of the older one. 

There was a moment of silence that engulfed them but Mina, being extremely annoyed as she is right now, broke the silence. "Stand up."

"I can't."

"Why?"

"My whole body hurts. I can't move an inch." she couldn't hold it in anymore. Tears started to roll down on Chaeyoung's face. She doesn't exactly know why either. Everything is just painful. The pain she's been holding in for a long time is being released through her uncontrollable tears. "It hurts, unnie." she cried, her voice finally started to crack.

Mina on the other hand, was at loss for words. This is her first time, seeing the sassy Chaeyoung cry. She doesn't have a slightest clue on why she's crying and in a lot of pain but she clearly understand that she needs a companion. Someone to lean on. 

The older one knelt down, her back facing Chaeyoung. "I'll piggy-back ride you. Come on." she gave the umbrella to Chaeyoung and she's now waiting for her to climb on her back. She doesn't want to look at her crying state right now, so it's best if she'll just piggy-back ride her. 

"Idiot, you'll get wet if I do." Chaeyoung retorted.

"Hey, I'm being kind enough to piggy-back ride you here. Just do what you're told. I'm older than you."  The younger one, did what she was told. When she adjusted herself on Mina's back, the older one stood up swiftly since Chaeyoung is just light as a feather. 

But, the little beast is still not done crying since her sniffles and sobs were still heard.

"Why are you crying?" asked Mina as she slowed down her steps. It's too slippery since it's a cobbled walkpath she's walking on.

"No..None of your business."

"Why won't you tell anything to us?"

"Because it's not your business."

Mina definitely didn't want to continue anymore. She knew that if she keeps asking, it'd all be pointless in the end. "Okay, none of my business it is." she rolled her eyes and continued walking carefully but before everything becomes silent again, she began to speak. "Hey, I know we're not in good terms but just so you know, the other unnies of yours are worried about you. They want to know you more. It won't hurt if you open up to them. I promise you, it's worth it." she made the effort to sound reassuring but still, there's no reply coming from Chaeyoung. "and, whatever it is that made you so pissed off at me, I'm sorry. I don't know your reasons but I'm sorry. I may not sound like the cold Myoui Mina right now, but I meant what I said. Plus, if you'd like to, you can share your problems to me. I won't judge you or anything. I just want to be a helpful unnie to you." she added.

"Mina unnie..." the younger one mumbled. Mina's heart jumped when she heard Chaeyoung call her that. Surprisingly, Chaeyoung buried her face on the nape of Mina's neck which made the older one stop on her tracks. "You're warm..."

"Ya..Yah!! Stop sniffing my neck!" the flustered Mina exclaimed. 

The younger one just let out a small chuckle before sleepiness has gotten over her.Her eyes closed, slowly as a thought popped up in her head.

'The Moon... could it possibly be...'

'Myoui Mina?'