3. Because you love me.

bestest of friends.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaemin pushed his door open, revealing the living room and lively talks. He made a few steps toward the group of friends, before stopping in his track.

 

“Because you love me.”

 

It was Jeno’s voice, he was sure of it. His thoughts were confirmed as his tired eyes fell on a cute Jeno holding a frowning Renjun. He didn't know why Renjun was rejecting the hug, or seemed annoyed by it, but he didn't really care.

 

He stood there, silent, a very tiny smile on his lips. It was fine, the mood was up and everyone was having fun… But somehow Jaemin felt sad. Or something along those lines ? He couldn’t describe the feeling tightening his chest.

 

“Nana! Are you hungry? Join us.” Renjun suddenly said, spotting his friend a few feets away and rapidly pushing Jeno on the side. Now it was Jeno's turn to huff, his face showing a clear disappointment.

 

Jaemin was startle by the sudden voice, shaking once and his eyes focusing on Renjun. He seemed to think about it for a while. All eyes were on him, every single one of his friends staring at him in silence.

 

“ I’m not so hungry.” He finally stated, his eyes looking straight at Jeno. His voice was cold; he did not mean to. He didn't know he was speaking this way, he wasn't being careful. 

 

“Nana!” Chenle suddenly said in a whiny voice that could create headaches. “You need to eat! You’re so skinny already!”

 

“Yeah he’s right Nana, eat a little.” This time, it was Donghyuck’s voice. He saw him a few meters away, smiling warmly at him. Next to him was Mark, calmly engulfing a whole pancake. He must have been starving. “Come on!” He said, coming toward Jaemin and grabbing him by his arm. “I’m going to make you eat! You're going to stay single your entire life if you only have bones. And no, Your pretty face won't help. Now, eat.”

 

Finally, Jaemin smiled, relaxed. As he sat down on a chair, he felt his stomach growl. Maybe he was hungry after all.

 

 

They spent their meal in complete chaos: Chenle and Jisung were teasing each other, Renjun was glaring at Jeno but also at Donghyuck because the poor boy was letting Mark eat all the pancakes. And there was Jaemin, playing with the pancake still in his plate. He had eaten one, which was incredible considering the fact that he was only slightly hungry. Now he was only staring at it, poking at it from time to time with his fork.

 

“Can I eat it?” Mark asked politely, earning the back of his head slapped by Jeno and Donghyuck at the same time. “Ouch! It hurts!” He complained, holding the spot where he was hit with both of his hands.

 

“You deserved it.” Said Renjun with a small smile, his eyes sparkling with amusement. Of course Renjun was going to comment, even tired he had to. It was his favorite thing to do.

 

“We will be going to practice first!” Announced Jisung and Chen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter