THREE - Would someone turn on their f***ing coms!!

Monsters, Robots and Kim Taehyung (BTS x Pacific Rim)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Taehyung scrambled to his feet and out of the wreckage, fresh blood dripped down his leg from a large slash on his thigh. Other cuts and bruises covered his body, his suit was in tatters but he seemed to be in one piece. He looked back at the lump of metal he was flying just before and his stomach turned. How did I survive that? Then he realised he wasn't out of danger yet….I need to get out of range before the kaiju notices me..

He glanced back and saw the other three flits still circling the kaiju dodging it's tails and swipes from its mammoth arms. As if sensing Taehyung watching it the kaiju turned and locked eyes with the man way down on the dusty ground.

Taehyung thought, he was way too exposed right now and with his leg slowing him down he didn't stand much chance of getting out of its path. He lurched forward making for the open ground hoping one of the others would spot him but instead his heart clenched as a hulking shadow swept over him. I'm gunna get smushed by a kaiju on my first mission was all he thought watching the tail swing towards him. I shouldn't have joked about being eaten!

Suddenly a flit skidded across the earth in front of him, door open wide and an arm outstretched.

"HYUNG!" Jungkook shouted drifting the flit round under the kaiju tail and grabbing his team mates hand, pulling him roughly into the small machine. "HOLD ON!" He pulled back on the controls forcing the flit up sharply as the tail crashed into the ground inches behind. Taehyung clung to the panel behind Jungkook trying to not fly across the small space or out the still open door. As they levelled out and sped out of the kaiju's range he slide to the floor in relief.

"Damn thanks for saving me, that was a hell of a move!" He flashed a boxy smile at the muscular guy wedged in the pilot chair and got a beaming over the shoulder smile in return . "Couldn’t let you die on day one!"

Meanwhile back at command, "WOULD SOMEONE TURN ON THEIR ING COMS!?!?!" Namjoon was screaming down the headset trying to get someone's attention. All of a sudden, the radio clicked and Jungkook's voice crackled over the line "Hey I got him, we're all good!"

"Thank -" Namjoon let out a sigh and unclenched his fists, no way was he going to lose a guy on his team and no way would it be the new kid on his first mission.

"Thanks Jungkook, I'm glad Taehyung's still with us…hey make sure you keep coms on and tell the others to-" he stopped in dismay, the radio was already off

Please log in to read the full chapter