ONE - Welcome to the team...I guess?

Monsters, Robots and Kim Taehyung (BTS x Pacific Rim)
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: Italics are the characters thoughts + Italics in speech marks are... speech :) 

**************************

Namjoon pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, he hated sitting through the meetings at headquarters, they were either a waste of time or a lecture about how they all were…and he wasn't a big fan either way.

He turned the corner and headed towards his dorm. This meeting had been different worse than usual, a new member was joining Namjoon's squad. He had tried to protest but the General didn't care, "like it or lump it" he told Namjoon and then left. As if keeping track of 5 other idiots wasn't already enough, he thought. Not to mention that a 7 man squad is unheard of…

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he turned the last bend and almost collided with a tanned young man fumbling with his bags in front of their dorm. A pair of glasses hung precariously off the end of his nose and he flashed an awkward boxy smile at Namjoon. "Hi! I'm cadet Kim Taehyung". He pushed his glasses up his nose and stood there expectantly.

"Umm hi? Sorry can I help you? You're in front of my dorm…" Namjoon eyed the stranger suspiciously, he looked like he should be working in a local market or teaching yoga or something not stood in the middle of a military installation. A Hawaiian shirt, really? And are those pants or a skirt…?

"Oh this is your dorm? That's great! They sent me to join the BTS6 squad and I know it's a bit sudden but they said I should start immediately and they sent me here and umm, yeah. HI!" the man rambled trying not to drop his bags.

Namjoon squeezed the back of his neck and sighed. So much for giving us time to get used to this…

"Well hey kid, I didn’t realise you would be here so soon, well, actually I was only told 10 minutes ago…but…okay…I'm squad leader Kim Namjoon, welcome to the team I guess." 

He got another boxy smile in return, "it's great to meet you, I'll do everything I can for my squad I promise!"

 With a final sigh and a crooked smile Namjoon put an arm around Taehyung's shoulder "I'm sure you will kid. Lets head in" he said pushing the door open into the BTS dorm.

The pair were greeted by four sets of curious stares and one glance from a grumpy looking man hunched in the back.

"Attention guys, I've got something important to tell you." Namjoon cleared his throat and looked around the room awkwardly. "The general has decided we're getting a new member. Everybody… this is Kim Taehyung, I only found out today but… let's make him feel welcome." The announcement was met with stunned silence. and Namjoon couldn't blame them.

Taehyung smiled enthusiastically, seemingly unfazed, and did a deep bow to the room almost throwing himself to the ground as his bags made him lose balance. If everyone hadn't been so shocked they probably would have laughed at this tall guy with honey blonde hair and a bright blue shirt.

One of the members, a tall handsome man with full lips, stepped forward and crossed his arms "Joon, is this serious? A 7 man squad and a new member just like that?...No offense kid", he flashed an apologetic smile at Taehyung.

"I know Jin, trust me I'm just as surprised, but it's out of our hands. Lets introduce ourselves and welcome Taehyung, he's one of us now." Namjoon gestured towards the two men "So… Jin, Taehyung. Taehyung, Jin. He's my right hand man and the best analyst I could ask for." Taehyung saluted and tried to bow at the same time making Jin smile warmly. "He forgot to add th

Please log in to read the full chapter