Chapter 2

Hit the ground

It was not the first time that Chanyeol would talk to a perfect stranger in a club. Actually, he was used to go and try to make friends with almost anybody, as long as they did not look too weird or too annoying.
As far as Baekhyun was concerned, he did not know yet. Chanyeol still wondered why the other male looked so strange as he walked in the club and started looking around. Being straightforward as he always had been, he could not hold the question back for longer than a few minutes. Therefore, after exchanging a few basic informations such as their names and "jobs" - Baekhyun studied at the same university, but he was reading pedagogy -, he looked at him with, his usual smile at the corner of his lips.
"Where you looking for someone as you came in ? You looked at bit... "
"No, I was just discovering the place."
Discovering the place? Chanyeol looked around, raising an eyebrow since the place was only full of people trying to have fun and drinking way too much for their own sake. He sipped his drink, thinking Baekhyun was probably the weirdest person he had met in a club so far. But it did not mean he was someone he should avoid.
"And do yo like it?"
Baekhyun shrugged softly, playing with the icecubes in his glass before shooting a smile that could have brightened to whole room if it had not been that dark. Yet, he did not smile that widely. It was just enthralling, in a I-don't-know-what-makes-it-so-strange way, Chanyeol thought.
Baekhyun seemed to have a very positive aura, in spite of the bad mood he had at the beginning of their talk.
"But I prefer having a party with my friends rather than coming to place like this." Baekhyun said, emptying his glass, a thin smile curling his lips.
Chanyeol nodded and chuckled softly. "Me too. It's more intimate and there's more to do than just drink and dance."
Of course, Chanyeol liked going out and having fun with his friends in a club, but he did not understand why most students prefered going in those places and forget about their entire evening because they were just too drunk to remember anything.
"The best being video games evening, of course."
"Now, I start to like you." Chanyeol laughed softly, looking at the other male.
Video games were his life. He remembered the day he had spent an afwull lot of money on a new computer just because he wanted it to be performant enough in case for a new game that had just came out.
He was going to add something as he noticed the soft furrowing of Baekhyun's brows as he sipped his glass one more time. He looked closer. No deglutition movement. Chanyeol had to pinch his lips to prevent from laughing.
"Are you pretending to drink?"
"No, why would I?"
"Don't lie to me, I saw you doing it!"
Chanyeol laughed softly as Baekhyun put his glass on the counter, looking at it with a soft laughter.
"I... I don't like it that much."
"What, you've never seen someone ordering a double vodka before?"
Chanyeol mimicked him, increasing the pitch of his voice, even though he was incapable of reaching a tone as high and clear as Baekhyun's. The latter nudged his side laughed as well.
At least, he did not seem to be offended.
The music went to a more up-beat song and Chanyeol stood up, looking at the dancefloor. He wanted to dance, now. More accurately, the alcohol in his veins wanted to dance, because he would never have dance if he had not started to be intoxicated.
"Where are you going?" Baekhyun asked as he saw Chanyeol standing up.
"Dance! Come with me!"
"I..."
It took only a second before Chanyeol took Baekhyun by the forearm to lead him on the dancefloor. Everybody was moving along, jumping, singing, shouting. Everybody except Baekhyun. He stood there, looking at Chanyeol with eyes so big that the taller stopped jumping to look at him.
"What's going on, Baekhyun?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. The other did not respond.
"Hey?"
Baekhyun said something, but Chanyeol could not hear and had to bend lower.
"I can't dance."
"Do you think I can?" He spreaded his arms, laughing before jumping softly. "Do the same as me!"
Baekhyun started bouncing softly onto his feet. But who was this guy? Chanyeol looked at him with a lopsided smile, wondering why he would have come in such a place if he was unable to dance. He could have stayed home all the same !
After a few seconds, Baekhyun started jumping around, matching the rhythm as well as he could.
"I'm a quick learner." He told Chanyeol.
"I was about to say it!"
It was only a coincidence, Chanyeol knew it all too well, but he was happy to have met Baekhyun tonight. After all, he would have spent the whole evening alone, sipping vodka and dancing with himself if it had not been the case.
They were heading back for the bar as a voice caught Chanyeol's attention. He turned to see where it came from and smiled as he recognized Sehun.
"Hi Sehun ! What's up?"
"I've finally found people for my dancing team ! Didn't know you were coming tonight." The dancer said, pride filtering through his voice.
Sehun had dropped out of university the previous year, as he realized that following his parents' decision was not the fastest way to happiness. Instead, he had chosen another
"I didn't plan to." He chuckled softly and ran a hand through his hair. "But I needed to think of something else."
"Really?"
"Yeah, I failed an exam and, you know..."
"Yes, yes, I know. You believed you could do it, as always! Don't worry, let's have a drink together and party, alright?"
"Okay but, can Baekhyun come with me?"
"Baekhyun?"
"Yes, he's just..."
He turned to the bar to point at his friend who should have gone first, but Baekhyun did not seem to be there.
"Are you starting to hear voices, Chanyeol? Maybe alcohol is not good for you." Sehun said with a soft laughter.

"Come on, I'm serious."
They only had been discussing for a few seconds, itw as impossible that Baekhyun had already ordered a drink and gone to a table. He had to be in the club. Maybe not at the bar, but somewhere. Chanyeol looked around with furrowed brows, eyeing the room and every group of people near them.
But Baekhyun was nowhere to be found.