4/?

The itinenary

Seunghyun wasn’t feeling too well this morning. He was just silently packing his bag for the night they were going to spend in Venice. The whole evening the day before he had waited for Jiyong at their usual meeting spot, but in vain. He hadn’t spotted the boy at breakfast either.

“Come on, man. Wipe that look off your face,” Jason said to him then, “You can’t ruin your own trip just because some guy isn’t into you. Just forget about him. You already missed the whole evening of fun yesterday. Look around! I bet there’s loads of options out there. Even Cam found a girl!”

“Yeah, even me!” Cam grinned but realized then what Jason had implied, “Hey-..”

“What I’m saying is, it’s not worth it, Seunghyun. Okay? Just move on,” he said and patted him on the back.

Seunghyun gave his friend a tight lipped smile and nodded.

“Yeah. You’re probably right,” he said.

“Everyone got their bags?” Hyuk said then. “Don’t forget to take your tickets and key cards with you. And wallets. And sunscreen.”

“Yes, mom,” Jason chuckled.

They left their cabin room for the next twenty four hours then. They were scheduled to spend a night in Venice during this cruise. Standing at the seventh floor lobby, Seunghyun still couldn’t help but look around, subconsciously waiting to find Jiyong. The ship got to the port soon and the doors opened, people starting to push out in waves like a herd of sheep. Seunghyun, who was a bit lost in his own head this morning, got separated from his friends in the process of getting off the ship, falling back a bit. His friends were through the gates already and were waiting for him in the front of the main entrance of the building. Seunghyun was trying to get to them but there were so many people in the small corridors which slowed him down considerably. Eventually, he got through the gates as well and walked outside. He was on the stairs of the main entrance, searching for his friends with his eyes when he looked to the right and suddenly his heart skipped a beat. There stood Jiyong by some big luxury car with his parents and some other people. Seunghyun just stared at him, dumbfounded for a minute, friends forgotten. And then, just like by a miracle, Jiyong turned a bit and looked back at him. The boy’s eyes lit up when he saw the other. Seunghyun gave him a small wave, not sure if Jiyong wanted any contact with him anymore or not. At that very moment, someone called for him.

“Seunghyun! Over here!” Jason waved at him from where they were all standing by the taxis.

Seunghyun looked over and walked down the stairs. He looked at Jiyong again who was also still looking back. The people who were with the boy started getting into the car and Jiyong looked back at them, realizing he needed to go soon.

“Seunghyun! Come on!” Jason shouted again, seeing that Seunghyun still hadn’t moved, Cam and Hyuk already in the taxicab.

But Seunghyun’s gaze was still glued on Jiyong. As Jiyong’s mother was getting into the car, though, Jiyong took his chance and suddenly started running towards Seunghyun. Seunghyun was a bit taken aback.

“Hey. Run,” Jiyong said quietly and took his hand, pulling him into a run towards Jiyong’s mates.

Jason’s eyes turned big when he saw what was happening suddenly but in a few seconds the pair was already by the car and Jiyong was shoving Seunghyun into the back seat.

“Jiyong!” Someone shouted in the distance.

“Please let’s go,” Jiyong said to Jason, eyes begging.

So they quickly got into the cab, Jason jumping into the front passenger seat and Jiyong squeezed himself into the back so he was sitting on Seunghyun’s lap.

“Drive drive drive,” Jason egged the driver to take off.

“This is illegal, y’know,” the cabby said as he drove away.

“I know I know,” Jason said, “We’ll pay extra.”

Jiyong looked out through the back window and happily started laughing when he realized he had successfully escaped. His heart was beating so loud in his chest from all the adrenalin and he looked at Seunghyun with the biggest smile. The older was holding Jiyong close, hoping that the cramped back seat was a good enough disguise, and smiled back at the boy.

“Well. Let the adventure begin!” Cam said.

Soon enough they got out of the taxi in front of their hostel.

“We should check in and take our bags upstairs,” Jason said. “Jiyong. You should stay outside for now. I only booked four beds and well.. I don’t want them to start asking questions. No worries, though. We can sneak you in during the night I’m sure.”

Jiyong nodded obediently.

“I’ll stay out with him. I need a cigarette anyways,” Seunghyun offered and Jiyong smiled at him.

Hyuk took Seunghyun’s bag from him and the three of them went inside, leaving the two alone. It was really sunny and Jiyong’s hair was even brighter than usual.

“I don’t even have a bag or anything..” Jiyong said then.

“Don’t worry about it,” Seunghyun smiled, “I just hope you won’t get into too much trouble because of it?”

Jiyong waves his hand.

“Doesn’t matter. I just needed to get away. Y’know?”

Seunghyun nodded slowly.

“I’m.. sorry about yesterday, Seunghyun,” Jiyong said then, “I wasn’t allowed to come. I asked. But then my mother kept her eye on me even more.”

“That’s alright,” Seunghyun said, “I’m sorry your mom is like that.”

Jiyong just nodded and avoided his gaze a bit. He was so embarrassed.

“Don’t worry about it,” Seunghyun said then, smiling, “Lets forget about it just for the day, yeah? We’ll deal with your parents tomorrow when we get back to the ship.”

Jiyong looked back up at him and smiled. Seunghyun fished a pack of cigarettes and a lighter out of his pocket then and offered one to Jiyong, but the younger shook his head and waved his hands cutely.

“Oh. No, thanks. I don’t actually smoke.”

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow as he put his own cigarette between his teeth and lit it.

“I’m pretty sure I’ve seen you smoke one before,” he said.

“I just needed a good conversation start,” Jiyong grinned cheekily up at him.

Seunghyun chuckled lightly as he took a drag and leaned against the building. Jiyong took a few steps past him and leaned against the wall beside him. The boy closed his eyes and sighed, feeling content. They just stood there, side by side, Seunghyun smoking his cigarette. Until suddenly the door near them opened again not long after.

“C’mon, lovebirds!” Cam chirped happily, skipping after Jason and Hyuk who started walking down the street.

Jiyong and Seunghyun exchanged looks and Jiyong’s cheeks turned pink instantly. They silently followed their friends. Seunghyun smiled secretly around his cigarette before he tossed it in a bin. They caught up with Jason who was again wearing his tourist guide hat, proudly leading the group.

“So? Where’s the next stop?” Seunghyun asked.

Jason scoffed.

“What do you think? Saint Mark’s Basilica of course!”

 

The day had been long, but fun. They had seen most of the famous places in Venice, had lunch near Saint Mark’s Square, and walked around mindlessly around the city. Jiyong had stayed close to Seunghyun the whole day, but he also got along with the other guys very well. The group was still laughing at the pigeon who landed in Jiyong’s hair like it was it’s nest. Jiyong had asked to see the video on Seunghyun’s phone for at least ten times in the past hour. He couldn’t be happier. Currently, they were walking out of a restaurant they had had their dinner at.

“That was so yummy! I wish I could’ve eaten more but I’m already so full,” Cam said, rubbing his belly happily.

“Where to now?” Hyuk asked, mid yawn.

“Now guys, I know it’s been a long day, but now we need to take the gondola ride. Alright? It’s a must in Venice,” Jason said.

Everyone was kind of tired already but he was absolutely right. They found a place to start their tour along the canals in no time. The gondolas were narrow, so Jiyong and Seunghyun sat at the back, Hyuk in the middle, and Jason and Cameron in the front. The gondolier had negotiated the price with Jason and they had agreed on a twenty-minute cruise along the canals of Venice. It was already late and the sun had long set, which meant it wasn’t as warm outside as during the day. Jiyong was only wearing a t-shirt, plus he was pretty tired after a long day, so the coldness was easily creeping up on him. Seunghyun noticed the boy’s shaking knees after a while and without thinking about it too much, he put his arm around Jiyong’s shoulders and welcomed him under his warm jacket. Jiyong was a bit taken aback at first by the bold move and looked up slowly. Seunghyun seemed totally unphased though, looking up at the architecture. Jiyong smiled softly and snuggled closer to Seunghyun’s side. He smelled so good.

“Look. The Bridge of Sighs,” Seunghyun said quietly after a while.

Jiyong looked up as their gondola smoothly slid along the canal, right through under the famous bridge. He looked up at Seunghyun briefly and lowered his gaze then again. He was so happy in this moment he could die. Their semi-romantic gondola cruise was over in a bit though and they ported again. Jiyong was pretty sleepy, now already gotten used to Seunghyun’s comforting hold, so when they got back on the streets, the boy still kept close and took the older’s hand as they walked back to their hotel. Jason gave Seunghyun a pointed look but he just chose to ignore it. Not long after they got back and all five of them got up to the hotel room with no complications. Everyone was pretty tired so they all just quietly started getting ready for bed. Jiyong stood by the doorway awkwardly, not knowing what to do since he didn’t bring a bag or anything. Also there were only two bunkbeds, meaning four beds and the five of them so Jiyong was maybe feeling like he was intruding this party a little bit. When Seunghyun got back from the bathroom having brushed his teeth, he gave Jiyong a small smile and went over to one of the lower beds where his backpack was. He put his toothbrush back and picked the bag up then.

“Sleep here,” he said quietly to Jiyong, “I’ll take the floor.”

Jiyong took a small step closer.

“Are you sure?” he asked, embarrassed.

Seunghyun nodded and pulled Jiyong by his arm to sit down, giving him a reassuring smile. Soon all the guys were in beds, so Seunghyun laid down on the floor between the bunkbeds, backpack under his head. He closed his eyes and tried to get some sleep. After a little while Cam was already snoring loudly in one of the top bunks. But Jiyong couldn’t get any sleep. He still felt guilty over Seunghyun having to sleep right there on the floor. The beds all had curtains draped in front to give the sleepers some privacy, so Jiyong slipped a bit of it up to peek at the older.

“Seunghyun,” he whispered super quietly.

Seunghyun turned his head up at him in silent question. It was quiet for a few moments until Jiyong spoke again.

“Come sleep with me.”

Seunghyun took a minute to process the thought but not long after he got up from the floor and as quietly as he could climbed into Jiyong’s bed. They adjusted the curtain after they had both lied down. It was a bit awkward at first, it was cramped and Seunghyun didn’t know how close he was supposed to get. But Jiyong answered that question by taking Seunghyun’s arm and putting it over himself. Seunghyun took it as a pretty apparent invitation to cuddle, so he snuggled closer, pulling Jiyong into his chest. It was totally pitch black there behind the curtain, so their sensed were heightened, although Jiyong honestly didn’t know if it was his or Seunghyun’s fast beating heart he was feeling. For the longest time they just lied there, impossibly close, hot breath caressing both of their faces. They couldn’t see anything, but they could feel how close they actually were. Without any warning, Seunghyun kissed the younger and Jiyong was more than happy to kiss him back, having waited for this to happen. He pulled the older closer as the kiss deepened. Their bodies were hot and seemingly filled with electricity. The butterflies could kill.

“Stop smooching, you two,” sounded from the other bed, making the pair giggle quietly, lips still attached.

They didn’t even think about stopping.