3/?

The itinenary

The suite was quiet, only the constant hum of the ship sounding through all the walls. Jiyong noticed the light on in the office room and hoped his dad was still up. He moved silently, not to make much noise and went to knock on the door.

“Come in,” sounded from inside and Jiyong cautiously opened the door.

“Hey dad,” Jiyong said and stepped inside the room.

“Jiyong. Not sleeping yet?”

The boy shook his head and stepped closer.

“I needed some air. I was up on the deck. Is.. mom asleep?”

His father nodded and looked at him expectantly so Jiyong cleared his throat a bit and spoke his mind.

“Dad, I wanted to ask you something. Tomorrow, when we arrive to Croatia, I was thinking.. If it was possible for me to go explore the city on my own?”

Younghwan opened his mouth already to say something so Jiyong continued quickly.

“I just want some alone time. I promise I can do this. I’m not a child anymore. Please. Please just this once. I’m sure you and mom want some time together as well. Hmm? Please, dad,” Jiyong begged, eyes glistening and sincere.

His dad looked at him with sad eyes. He understood his son and he also knew how his wife could be and that this was exactly the reason Jiyong was asking for a break. He nodded.

“Well ask Lilian tomorrow,” he said.

Jiyong felt hopeless. He knew he could never have his mother’s approval for this. He sighed deeply, shoulders slumping.

“Go to bed now, son. It’s late,” his father gave him a small smile.

Jiyong nodded and turned around to leave.

“Good night, dad,” he said quietly.

“Jiyong,” his dad said then and the boy turned around to look at him again.

“Your mother and I love you very much,” the man said.

Jiyong just nodded silently.

“Okay. Go on now. Good night,” the man smiled again.

“Good night,” said Jiyong and walked out of the office.

He went straight to his room, brushed his teeth, changed his clothes, and lied down in his comfy bed. It was completely silent again if he ignored the hum of the moving ship. He closed his eyes and sighed, relaxing into the sheets more. He touched his cheek again and thought about the guy who had touched him there. He’d said he thought Jiyong was beautiful. Jiyong opened his eyes at that thought. He remembered now how he had reacted. And sure, he was shocked by the guy’s actions, but he admitted to himself now that he had clearly overreacted. The stranger and he had shared glances before then so it wasn’t like the encounter between the two of them was totally random. Jiyong’s stomach turned a bit from the guilt. He fell asleep his palm still caressing his cheek.

 

When Jiyong woke up the next morning, it was very early for him. It was most likely the time difference messing with his sleeping schedule. He lied in his bed for a little while, slowly waking up, vision and mind clearing. Suddenly he remembered what had occurred yesterday and he knew where he should be right now. Quickly getting up from his bed, Jiyong brushed his teeth hurriedly and changed out of his pyjamas. When he was ready, he cautiously peeked out of his room into the suite. It seemed to be empty still, giving how early in the morning it still was. He took his key card with him and quietly got out of the suite. Once in the corridor, he hurried down to the lobby and started climbing the stairs up to the deck. Jiyong really hoped his gut feeling wasn’t letting him down.

 

Seunghyun took another drag from his cigarette and exhaled the smoke slowly. His hangover wasn’t too bad this morning but for some reason he still felt utterly . Last night didn’t turn out too great.  He kept thinking about the boy and cursing at himself for being a creep. Obviously he had been more intoxicated than he thought for him to be pulling like that. He took another drag from his cigarette and exhaled deeply, smoke disappearing quickly in the light morning breeze.

“Can I have one?” a familiar voice asked from his right then and Seunghyun’s head snapped up.

There he was, the boy, standing right there at the end of the bench. Seunghyun apparently had swallowed his tongue right now because he just opened the pack of his cigarettes and offered the boy one. The boy came closer and his long fingers reached for a cigarette before sitting down next to Seunghyun. The boy’s bright eyes were playfully looking at him as he put the cigarette between his pink lips. Seunghyun silently brought his lighter up and lit the cigarette for him. The boy took a drag and after blowing the smoke into the wind he looked back at Seunghyun.

“I was hoping you’d be here enjoying the sunrise again,” he spoke.

Seunghyun looked at him, surprised.

“I thought you wanted me to stay away from you?” he asked, raising an eyebrow.

The look on the boy’s face changed at that.

“About that.. I came to find you to apologize for that. I didn’t mean to-“

“Oh no don’t apologize,” Seunghyun quickly cut him off, “I clearly stepped over the line and I didn’t mean to scare you or step into your space like that. I was really drunk and I didn’t mean to do that. I mean, of course I still think you’re beautiful but I didn’t mean to attack you like that or-“

He was cut off by light chuckling. He looked at the boy again who was covering his smile with the back of his hand. His eyes were bright and happy right now and so so beautiful. That made Seunghyun smile as well and he brought his cigarette up to his lips to suppress it a little.

“So,” the boy spoke again. “I think we both would rather forget yesterday? I really feel like because of it.”

“Yeah.. Me too,” Seunghyun nodded.

“I’m Jiyong,” the boy reached out his hand.

“Seunghyun,” Seunghyun introduced himself as well, shaking his hand.

“Oh?” Jiyong said, surprised, “You’re Korean as well?”

Jiyong had promptly moved to speaking Korean language and Seunghyun was a bit taken aback.

“Yes. I- Uhm- I am. But.. my Korean is not very good,” he said in awkward Korean.

“Oh,” Jiyong let out a little giggle, “Where are you from then?”

“London.”

“Ooh. I’ve been to London many times,” Jiyong said, “I travel a lot with my parents.”

“That’s cool! Lucky you,” Seunghyun said with a smile.

Jiyong’s smile fell a bit instead though and he shrugged, taking another drag from his cigarette.

“It’s not as great as it might sound. It’s mostly my father’s business trips and me and my mother just tag along. It’s really nothing too exciting.”

“Oh.. So this is a business trip as well? As I understand you’re the captain’s guest” Seunghyun asked.

“Well I was hoping it wouldn’t be. But it turns out to be just the same old boring trip like every other. Last night I asked my father if I could explore the city on my own just to get away from all this just for a day but I don’t think my mother will allow it.”

“How old are you then? I mean.. Are you even allowed to have that?” Seunghyun asked, nodding his head towards the cigarette between Jiyong’s fingers.

Jiyong looked down as well and then tossed it to the trashcan next to the bench.

“Umm, yeah. I’m eighteen, don’t worry,” he said and smiled a little, “You?”

“I’m twenty two,” Seunghyun smiled back.

Jiyong nodded and they just fell silent then.

“Hey if you want to get away from your parents for the day you can join me and my mates? We’d be glad to include you in our mindless wandering around Sibenik,” Seunghyun offered.

“Really? Wow I’d love to!” Jiyong said excitedly.

“Sure!” the older smiled.

Jiyong looked around happily. He really hoped now that he’d have new friends to accompany him his parents would let him go. He was so happy. He looked back to Seunghyun and smiled brightly. Just that moment Seunghyun’s phone chimed and he fished it out of his pocket.

“My friends are going to have breakfast. I should go,” he said and stood up from the bench.

“Oh.. Okay..” Jiyong stood up as well.

“Do you perhaps want to come meet them?” Seunghyun offered.

“Yes! Definitely!” Jiyong smiled again.

“Okay come on then, I’m meeting them on the tenth floor lobby,” the older said and they walked away together.

Jiyong was over the moon. It really seemed like he just made a new friend. And was going to meet even more people. These were probably going to be all the guys from the fun-table he had longed to be at a couple of days ago. He couldn’t wait. As they walked, Jiyong secretly peeked a glance at Seunghyun. He was actually so nice! He felt even more terrible about last night but he couldn’t be happier now that they had made up. They got to the tenth floor lobby then and Seunghyun looked around to find his friends.

“Well well well, what do we have here,” someone said behind them and the pair turned around.

Jason, Cam and Hyuk were all there, faces still sleepy but Jason was wearing the most suggestive smirk on his lips.

“There you are,” Seunghyun said, seemingly unphased, “Guys. This is Jiyong.”

“Hi!” Jiyong grinned and waved cutely.

“Hey Jiyong. Well? How did you two finally met each other?” Jason asked, still smirking.

“Wait. This is the guy Seunghyun wants to b-“

His sentence was cut off by Hyuk smacking his gut.

“Nice to meet you, Jiyong,” Hyuk said, face stoic as ever.

“Ignore them,” Seunghyun said quietly to Jiyong.

The other looked up at him and smiled again, even though he felt like there was something all of them knew and he didn’t.

“No worries,” he said.

“Well, this is Jason. That’s Cameron, but we call him Cam. And that’s Hyuk. Even though he looks like this, I promise he’s actually a nice guy,” Seunghyun introduced his friends.

Jiyong couldn’t stop a big grin forming once again and he waved again. Seunghyun couldn’t help but think how freaking cute this guy was.

“Jiyong’s going to join us on the town trip today. Maybe? We’ll see..” Seunghyun said, looking at Jiyong.

The younger nodded.

“I hope so,” he looked at Seunghyun’s friends. “If it’s okay with you guys?”

“Of course!” Jason said and others nodded.

Jiyong smiled.

“Right. I better let you guys go get breakfast then. My parents are probably waiting for me as well.”

“Alright,” Seunghyun nodded as Jiyong turned to him, “I’ll see you later then? Where should we meet in case you are allowed to come?”

“How about seventh floor lobby? We should arrive around 11:30 so.. I’ll see you 11:45? I really hope I can come.”

They were talking quietly amongst themselves and standing really close, which made Jason smirk again and Cam and Hyuk exchanged glances. After Jiyong said bye and skipped down the stairs, Seunghyun’s friends immediately bombarded him with questions.

 

“I’m telling you, man. He’s not coming.”

“Just five more minutes,” Seunghyun said, looking around impatiently.

“Dude. It’s after twelve already. We have to go. If he were coming, he’d be here already,” Jason reasoned.

Seunghyun checked the time and sighed. His friends were probably right.

“Fine,” he said and they walked out of the gates.

“Damn, how strict are his parents? He said he’s eighteen? He should have more freedom,” Cam said as they walked.

“Don’t worry, man,” Jason put his arm around Seunghyun’s shoulders, “You’ll most likely see him again tonight.”