2. Superpower!AU + Royalty!AU

Ongniel Prompts

 

 

"Stay away from me!"

The kid had screamed with tears in his eyes. Soldiers inched closer with their swords ready in case the boy decided to do some funny business like rebelling.  

 

 

He wasn't just a kid, Seongwoo reminds himself. That young man right there, cornered by dozens of royal guard, has the power to destroy five houses with one swipe of his hands. With great powers, come great responsibilities. With great responsibility, comes greater fear. 

 

 

"His name is Daniel."
Seongwoo whips his eyes to Minhyun, his right hand man and also closest friend and ally with a curious glance. Minhyun keeps his eyes on the source of commotion, on Daniel.

 

 

"Any information on how a water controller is stranded in the land of fire?"

 

 

Minhyun sighed. "Daniel is not stranded here. He is raised by the local as an orphan since he was days old. He grew up here and is no stranger to the way of living as a citizen in a fire nation without knowing he's a controller, a water controller at that. For how he gets his power from, it must be from his parents tha-, Hey, what are you doing? Where are you going?"

 

 

Without  waiting for his friend to finish, Seongwoo had already walked away while waving a hand to dismiss the high-ranked young official. He saunters over to the mop of people and soldiers who had been circling the young man. Daniel was kneeling on the dirty ground, sobbing harshly while glaring at everyone surrounding him. 

 

Once the soldiers spot Seongwoo approaching, they all bowed and made way for the youngest prince of the royal family. Daniel was still on the ground, fist clenched with anger running in his veins but Seongwoo knew better.

 

 

"Please stay away from me," Daniel murmured, choked back his tears with so much effort that it looks utterly pathetic. "Please."

 

 

Seongwoo crouches down until he's at eye-level. "Daniel, is it? My name's Seongwoo, you might know me by my family name. It's Ong."

 

 

There's surprise on Daniel's eyes but showed no other reaction. He looks tired and miserable enough to even care at this point. Seongwoo understands that so he slowly nears Daniel, afraid that the boy might freak out if he's approaching to fast. Once Daniel is an arm length away and showed no protest nor alarm at the proximity, Seongwoo extends his hand and envelopes Daniel in a hug. 

 

 

"I know you're scared. You're gonna be okay, Daniel. You'll be safe as long as I'm around." 
That's when Daniel breaks down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----

 

 

"Seongwoo, if you want the throne, you'll need much more than your powers."

 

 

"What do you mean, mama?"

 

 

"You'll need someone to help you rise."

 

 

"But I have Minhyun, mama."

 

 

"Silly child, it is written in your destiny that you'll meet someone of the water tribe. This person will do anything for you. Now promise me you'll be a king in the future and pay for all those people who mistreated us."

 

 

"I promise, mama."