Hiding

HIDDEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I stood up and fixed myself.

“You have until tomorrow to choose, Lisa. Don't worry, I'll accept and respect your decision, whatever it may be.”

 

I offered my hand to help her stand up.

 

“I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you…” she kept mumbling as she wrapped her long arms around me.

 

It somehow comforted me and made me smile.

 

Smile out of sadness.

 

This is tough for her. I truly feel sorry for her, for having a hard time.

 

“I know.” I said and rubbed her back.

 

I pulled away and cupped her cheeks.

 

I kissed her.

 

This might be the last time.

 

Or maybe not.

 

But I expect the worst, so I treated that kiss like it would be the last time I'd be tasting her lips.

 

Like there's no tomorrow.

 

Like I already know who she'll choose…

 

Our lips moved in sync as new set of tears started to roll down my cheeks.

 

I pulled away.

 

"Now go and continue your lies." I said then turned around and never looked back.

Until I heard her scream, "In this world full of lies my only truth is you, Jennie. Our love will always be bigger than those lies!"


 

I stopped from my pace.

 

I fought myself to look back and come back to her arms.

 

And I'm glad I didn't.

 

I continued walking and got inside my car. There I poured all my remaining emotions until I felt empty and then drove off.

 

***

 

It's now late at night and I can't sleep.

I'm still thinking what her answer tomorrow might be.

 

Will she finally say the truth or continue pretending?

 

The latter choice makes me want to cry, but I can't. Even if I want to, I’ve got no tears left to cry at this state.

 

I'm tired. I wanna sleep but these thoughts just won't let me rest.

 

It's now five in the ing morning. Damn. That was fast.

 

I was supposed to have dozen off already and let my body and soul rest, when I heard my phone ring.

 

I looked at the caller's ID and it made my heart drop.

 

It's her.

 

Should I answer it?

 

Because once I accept this call, I know for sure that she'll give me her answer.

 

I'm not ready.

 

Not yet.

 

But my stupid self answered it anyways.

 

“Hello?” I heard her low voice.

 

And based on its tone, she must be quite tired.

 

Did she get enough sleep?

 

I'm starting to worry about her.

 

“Hmmm.” I hummed in response.

 

“Jen.. It's Chaeng..” Her voice cracked.

“She's in the ICU right now… her condition is not that good. I was supposed to tell her the truth when suddenly she passed out.”

 

I fell silent.

 

“I'm sorry, Jennie… but she might die if

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter