Kingdom Map Unlocks

Shadows: Guide to ShadowsVerse

This chapter will be updated as more areas are unlocked and the characters travel through the verse. The landmarks and areas are not drawn to scale, it is just for illustration purposes to display the whereabouts and their relative positions with each other.

 

                                           

                                           

General Info and Environment

The environment divisions in the alternate universe where these stories take place are a lot more dense than they are on earth. For example, we have tropical parts of the world vs north pole where the weather, floral and fauna, environment and natural disasters are completely different but they are also far apart for land travel. In this AU however, there are clear and fast divides between areas, trees that can be found in one area may not be present a few yards into the next. Furthermore, the particles that make up the air in each area are so dense that even the sky, air, dust resemble hues of that colour. Upon birth with the least immune system in place, babies up to two years are intensely affected by this phenomenon. Though anomalies exist, people's skin, hair, eye colours generally take after the colours of the area they had spent their early years in. 

 

Major Areas

Blazing Dunes

The desert surrounding and protecting the Kingdom. Most shadows are from these lands. The further it gets to the sea and palace grounds, the villages are poorer and have less resources. There are also bare lands in between villages and sand storms in the dunes can appear suddenly and last for months. Some villages have dedicated specific trades (e.g. Tae's village has coal mines) whereas some have a combination of trades where everyone tries to barter and survive inter-village.

Living quarters here are round and small, closer to the grounds and are called sand globes. They are also grouped together to better withstand incoming sand storms. Most globes have one multipurpose room, one door and one window with a short brick-red chimney on top. Because of the harsh conditions and industry trades in the dunes, life spans are short. Most shadows trained in these lands are taught with the principle that their ultimate goal should be to end up in the highlands.

Known characters from the dunes:

  • Tae (15th village from the waters)
  • Soojin 

 

Sakura Fields 

This is where most of the wealthy but non-royal society of the Kingdom live. Houses here are more elaborate and further apart with land and trees in between. Depending on the wealth of the family, houses can be several stories high with different designs and sizes. Cherry blossoms adorn these areas all year round, hence the name. Since the fields act as a wide border between the waters and the Blazing Dunes, the weather here is regulated and nice, somewhat similar to spring time on earth. There are a lot of plants and flowers all year round. 

Known characters from the fields:

  • Park family: Jihyun, Jimin (birth till his shadow initiation)
  • Seokjin

 

Land's Edge

Edge of the palace ground. Minor royal families and some high court officials in duty live here. Palace Study Halls for the high court families is also here. It is directly connected to the main palace through the mountains.

Known characters from the edge:

  • Hoseok

 

.....................More to come as they unlock.