Year 100 Academy Reports

Shadows: Guide to ShadowsVerse

Every six months, Palace Grounds Shadows Academy carries out assessments for their currently enrolled shadows. The records are data collected from every training session and a recap is done by the respective platoon leader. For masters looking to claim a royal academy trained shadow, they can conveniently look at the most recent stats of shadows to decide on what they'd like. For claimed shadows, reports are sent out to their masters.

Training regime and breakdown are individually adjusted after every assessment for the claimed slaves, ensuring that their time enrolled at the academy is optimally spent on what their masters desire. Academy shadows go through a general regime with their rank mates and are expected to practice in their free time for the areas they are lacking.

Reports and records of recap are in for the year end assessments for these shadows!


 

Jungkook

   

Recap Record: Conducted by Seungcheol (ID T550)

Seungcheol: This is the recap assessment for Jungkook, ID 2506. I'm his platoon leader Seungcheol, ID T550. As always, you know that this recap is recorded and your master will be able to access it if he wishes to. First of all, from the look of this term's assessment, you are well on your way to completing third rank. It is a very good progress at your age. In the academy, We've only had five shadows who reach the fourth rank before they turn nine. However, your magic skills seem to be not catching on par with other areas. My question is, are you practicing enough? Is there any difficulty you are having? What is your own assessment?

Jungkook: I practice every day, sir. When I get home, I also always practice self producing magic, and sustaining spells. And healing spells.

S: But not attack spells? Jungkook, last assessment, your master said he will provide you with household shadows for you to practice them. We're near done erasing your hesitancy but you are not very good at following through with your spell, to hold it in place. I know that you have enough control to hold it, so is it just you choosing not to hold your spells once the impact is made?

J: N-No sir.. I do- I do practice attack spells at home but I don't want them to be hurt from my attacks-

S: And that's why your preservation score is also halting at 5.5. It doesn't matter what you want. At third rank you should already be able to divide who you are and what you need to be and follow through that. If you are not improving, we will allocate all your magic skill training hours to practicing attack spells and we will gather all the younglings for you to practice on, is that what you want?

J: No sir! I will try hard, I promise..

S: You know that this doesn't end with the two of us, Koo- Jungkook. Now, strength training. You are very young for a third rank but that is not an excuse. Your master has trusted you enough to be his bonded shadow. I'm personally pleased with the progress you've made this term but it is not fast enough or good enough for both your master and academy standards. You have to grow a lot stronger, faster. If your master is attacked now, you are aware that you won't be able to fend them off?

J: Yes sir.. Hyun- master also cooks for me a lot of times.. so I can eat big boy food to grow stronger...

S: That's good, Kookie. But nutrition is only part of the equation. You have to train harder too, understand? We are increasing your combat training time. If you think getting extra self training time is a problem, we can switch your academy duties to outdoor combat-related instead of at the library. Since your master graciously leaves that option for you to choose, would you like that?

J: Sir.., the academy duty.., may I be assigned as a mentor..? To- to Jimin-hyu-.. Jimin.

S: Is he the new boy? I'm afraid not, he is not in our platoon. Now what we can do, we could switch you to a mentor duty for someone in the platoon, do you want that?

J: No sir, may I stay at the library?

S: You may. However, if your combat and strength is not improving, we will switch your duty accordingly. Moving on, your intelligence score is low compared to other areas but you are reading and writing well beyond your age and improving very fast. If you continue working hard like this, I think you will get to fourth rank level very soon. Well done.

J: Thank you, sir.

S: And you scored perfect on your ownership exam. Well done, Kook. I'm sure your master will be very pleased. Not every shadow achieves that level of connection with their master, you should be very proud, and continue working hard.

J: Thank you sir. 

S: That is all from me. Do you have any questions? Concerns?

J: No sir, thank you. 

S: You are dismissed, Jungkook.

 


 

Taehyung

  

Recap Record: Conducted by Luhan (ID T430)

Luhan: This is recap for Taehyung ID 12259. I'm Luhan T430. Come stand here, Taehyung. These are your assessment reports. This is your first recap at the royal academy, and all of this is being recorded and your master may access it if he wants to. Now, let's start with the most obvious. You scored exactly one percent on the ownership exam. Even the household shadows at your house who only catch glimpses of your master can score better than that. How do you not even know the basic things like when he wakes up, what type of food he likes, what drink to fetch him at night? Knowing about his horse does not help you in any way. What do you have to say for yourself?

Taehyung: Why do I need to know those things? There are ..many people serving him food and drinks..

L: We've been over this. You need to know because you are his bonded shadow, you will be the one he takes when he goes anywhere. When he goes out of town, it is up to you to arrange everything he needs, before he can ask so he is comfortable and at ease. It is your basic duty as his shadow. You should always be looking out for his wellbeing and satisfaction. For instance, how can you fill in 'bacon' for the food to serve your master for breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner and supper? Do you think this is all a joke, Taehyung? We don't want another public punishment again, do we? It is a shame and waste of time for our platoon but we can make one again if that's what you need. Answer me.

T: I just.. thought.. he really likes bacon...

L: He doesn't. His hobby is also not 'torturing and drowning slaves in the water for fun'. Even if it's true, you can't write those things about your master. You have to learn to be tactful. He is the only son of a high court official. He will enter the royal court one day. You, as his shadow, cannot be unpolished and tactless. Everything you do or say is a reflection on him, his family. This is not just about you, Taehyung. You are also weak in almost all other areas, we can hardly bring you up to speed with the hours you spend here at the academy. I'm assigning you extra training for when you are at home too. This is the booklet about your master. There are five hundred questions on it, your assignment is to fill this booklet in with the right information in the next two weeks. We already have the correct answers provided by your master and some household shadows. For the next two weeks, you must observe your master and ask others around him to learn about him. When the two weeks are up, you are getting one strike on your calves for every wrong question in front of the whole platoon. If this assignment is anything like your ownership exam, you won't have legs by the end of it, so I hope you want to keep them. 

T: How can I- how can I find out five hundred different answers about him in two weeks? That's impossible, I will be lucky if I find-

L: You're right. It's too long. I will give you ten days instead. 

T: But-

L: Eight days. We can keep going, Tae. Nod if you can finish this assignment in eight days. Good boy. Since we were on the topic of drowning, you learned very fast to not be scared of water. Well done. Your preservation score is low now but I think you will be able to improve on it. We are addressing the areas your master thinks are the most dire first; obedience and speech lessons. I know you just came from the dunes but you cannot behave and speak like that in the palace grounds, especially if you are following around one of the most affluential family members. We are increasing your hours on royal etiquette and book study. You will also spend your academy duties time in the library. Any questions?

T: Why is my appearance even a part of this? The house shadows scrub me every day, and they do what they want-

L: Ah, good question, little one. This, tucked in. This- is loose. And it is in the morning but how do you already have dirt on your nose? The next time I see you and your appearance is not pristine, I'm writing out a for you, do you understand?

T: That's not fair! I don't-

L: Two . Is that good? Good. You're a good boy, Tae. Or at least you have the potential to be one. Don't want to be a little troublemaker. Now, well done, this is it for your first recap, scoot along to your next training.

 


 

Jimin

 

Recap Record: Conducted by Yoongi (ID T601)

Yoongi: Recap assessment for Jimin, ID 12290. Done by Yoongi T601. Everything is recorded and your potential masters may access this for their future purchase. These are your assessment records. No one will buy you with these stats. Are you magic mute, Jimin?

Jimin: I- I don't know..

Y: Are you training after hours? Are you working hard at all?

J: I-...

Y: What did you do yesterday after class dismissed?

J: I was cleaning stables..for punishment..

Y: And after dinner?

J: I didn't- didn't have dinner.. because punished..

Y: Before bed?

J: ...

Y: Jimin, if you don't work hard, things will not improve. You are already too old to be in first rank. And seeing you all ..bruised up like this, no sane master would want you. Given your ...family circumstances, academy is supposed to hold you for the time being but you don't want to be punished by everyone all the time, do you? Answer me in words, youngling. Nodding or shaking your head to your superior is rude, you must not give more reason for people to punish you.

J: Yes sir..

Y: Preservation rule number one, you must not show emotions so openly. Stop crying.

J: Yes sir..

Y: Your strength training, the same as magic skills. You need to train after hours as well. Otherwise when combat starts in the Dragon Ring, you will be mauled. You can die. You have to start getting up to speed now. Understand?

J: Yes sir..

Y: I'm assigning you as part of outdoor combat pool for the academy duty. The combat leader will assign you duties each day. Take the opportunity to get stronger, alright?

J: Yes sir..

Y: Good boy. Now, wipe your face and go back to training. You're dismissed, youngling.