--3

Flower Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Right when Mark informed that his hand might be broken, a gasp elicited from the girl in front of him.

Yes, the one who saved him by violently pushing him to the field just in time when the building collapsed is a girl.

“Oh my!” The girl exclaimed. “What, are you sure?”

“Yes – ouch!” Mark groaned in pain when he tried to move his hand.

“Okay, hold still.” The girl commanded and take off the shawl that she had around her neck. “I’m going to check on it, tell me at which spot it hurts.” The girl then gently pressed around Mark’s left upper arm, down to the elbow and to the forearm. When she started pressing around the wrist, Mark gasped in pain. Immediately, the girl retracted her hand. “Right… I think you might have hurt your left wrist. Stay still.” She then covered his left arm using her shawl and tied it around his neck to support his injury. “You’re going to stay like this for the time being. Now, let’s go get up, the wind doesn’t want us out here much longer,” the girl said and helped him get onto his feet. “You did not hurt your feet too, aren’t you?”

Mark shook his head. “No."

“Fortunately.” She gently supported him while they took small steps towards a street with a better lighting. From the dim surrounding, the girl could barely made out Mark’s facial features, but she knew she had never met Mark before.

The walk was filled with silence with Mark following blindly the girl’s footsteps. “Excuse me, where are we heading to?”

The girl shortly glanced at Mark before setting her eyes in front again. “We’re going to my grandpa’s house. He’s a doctor and your injuries needed to be examine as soon as possible.”

“Oh.” Mark nodded. “Okay.”

“I believe I never seen you around the village… Are you a cousin of someone here or a backpacker or some sort…?” She trailed off.

“Um, yeah I am some sort of a backpacker,” He unconfidently answered.

The girl nodded. “Well, who brought you here?”

“Um… No one?”

“Really?” The girl looked at him in surprised. “No offense intended, really. It’s just that our village is secluded and most people don’t know about our village. Usually, any outsider that visited our village were brought in by none other than our own villagers. To think that you found our village by yourself was quite fascinating… How did you know about our village? And usually people that wanted to go travelling to Gyeongsang will go straight to the main city because there were the attractions.” The girl started to fire him questions.

Mark was taken aback by her chatty behaviour and the girl seemed to notice his facial expression.

“Sorry… I was just being amazed. Hardly anyone outside come in here and I just got excited to see someone new…” She sheepishly laughed and Mark couldn’t help but laughing along with her.

“I understand. Actually I was heading to the main city but on the way I came across the signboard to this village and I decided to drop off the bus right then and following the path, and then I reached here.”

Nabi nodded. “Anyway, I’m Han Nabi. You can just call me Nabi.” She smiled and offered a hand for a handshake.

Mark gladly took

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter