Come Back Home

Joohyun's Adventure

("Hyun, it feels so nice to hug you. I just want to stay here ...")

 


You were so clingy this morning, just like when the first morning we were together. But you were being the usual you, a lovely wife. My lovely wife.

 


("Enough kisses, you might late to work. You can get your remaining kisses later.")

 


You left home as usual, without the slightest worry draws on your face. And I can't think of it but to love you more than yesterday. And later on, you kept sending me messages. Random small talks, sweet nothings. Aren't you busy? I know you were busy. I was busy too.

 


("Hyun, you want to get dinner somewhere tonight? Or should I get takeout instead? Reply with text m'kay I'm going to have a meeting with the team. So I'm gonna back to work, for real now. Love you.")

 


Why you even ask? Of course, I choose takeouts. You know I love to be alone with you. Oh dear, I was really excited for tonight, just like every other night. So I texted you back and hoped I can skip some hours so I can go straight to home and be with you.

 


But what I didn't know, there was a dark cloud of fate coming toward us.

 


I was on my way to our place, I was wondering whether you already on your way too or should I go to your office and go home together instead? Just in time I was about to call you, your name showed up on my phone.

 


I picked up the call, but I heard someone other than you. I asked why, and the man on the other line explained it all to me.

 


Oh ...

 


You are not coming home tonight.