Chapter 1: The begining

According To Plan

You lurched forward in your seat slightly, as the car you were in came to its final stop. Through the tinted windows you could see a long red carpet that led up to the large casino, lit up bright. The building was so tall that you couldn't see the top from where you were parked. From your place in the backseat. You turned your attention to the person in the driver's seat, “That's my que.” You looked into the rearview mirror, and meet eyes with the driver as he says with a wink, “Have fun.” You looked to the seat in front of you, and at the man in the passenger seat. His eyes were focused on the computer that was mounted on the dashboard. You could see little lights lit up across the map on the screen. You didn’t pay it too much attention as he said, “Everyone is in position.” He was serious as he turned to the driver, “It's time to begin, Seungcheol.” Seungcheol turned flickered the headlights to get the attention of the worker outside the door. He began to head to your door, preparing to open it for you. “Stay safe, you two.” You say to Seungcheol and Jihoon, as you reach out and ruffle Jihoon’s hair. He swatted your hand away as he fixed his hair with a shake of his head, “Keep us informed.” The door was pulled open allowing you to step out and head for the doors.

The doors were opened by a worker, after you flashed them your invitation. You were greeted with a long and rather lavish lobby. The walls were adorned with numerous paintings and the floors were decorated with furniture that was made of the finest materials. There was a few people waiting in the lobby, dressed in the expensive clothing, much like what you were wearing. You looked down at yourself, you take in your attire that was colored with accents of deep purple. By the standards that this gathering held, you wouldn’t stick out, so blending in was no problem, making your job for tonight that much easier. You walked and sat on the chair that was facing away from the staircase. You pulled out your phone and sent a message to a group chat. During the wait, you begin to run through the mission in your mind, as you recalled.

-----

24 hours earlier

You were seated at a chair looking at the maps before you. The agency that you worked for need information on the intentions of Lee Minki, a business tycoon. He was placed on your agency's radar for numerous questionable acts and suspicions of illegal dealings. Your team was assigned to gain the information needed by infiltrating a invitation-only gathering at Minki’s casino, The Casino Palace. Seokmin, the researcher of your team, was showing you the layout of the large casino. The last thing any spy would want is to look like they were lost or that they didn’t belong. “Your mission will be completed with your team of four.” You looked at the names of the people you were working directly with, trying to gain a grasp of the roles you would all play. Seokmin continued, “Also, if things go wrong there will be a few of our guys undercover as staff at the casino as well as a few acting as ‘guests’” This job was pretty big, you worried a bit and asked questions about numerous plans, in case the first one failed. Seokmin gave a wide smile at your concern, “Don’t worry so much,” he said as he patted your shoulder, “I don’t think anything bad will happen. The worst case scenario would be you blowing the place up, which I doubt would happen.” He left with a joyful laugh. ‘That’s true,’ you thought to yourself, ‘I am a professional. Everything will go smoothly.’

----

“I didn’t leave you waiting too long, did I?” said a deep voice, with a hint of playfulness. You turned to see one of your main team members dressed in a suit with a bright red tie. He reached his hand out to pull you to your feet, “Don’t you look nice?” you say back, taking in his full appearance. His right side of his lip raising higher than the left in response, as he said, “I could say the same to you.” Ready to really begin the mission, he held out his arm, offering it to you, “Ms._______.” You accept it with a smile, “Thank you, Mr. Jeon.” You both begin to walk in the direction of the main hall, where your mission would begin. “The rest of our team is already waiting for us in the hall.” Wonwoo explains, “They are trying to find a higher up, with a key card to open the necessary doors.” You nod in response, “Then it's my job to get it.” You carried a earpiece in your ear, just as the rest of your team did staying completely connected at all times. As you passed the large doors you were greeted with a noise level that was pretty high, given the environment. You looked at across the room and noticed gambling tables along the walls. You could hear people's excited shouts and chatter along with the rattling of the roulette wheels. There were tables in the center, occupied by people enjoying the fine menu for a place like this. Directly on the other side was a stage with an orchestra playing music, as well as a dancefloor where pairs of people held onto each other going in slow circles. The amount of colors you could see was beautiful, varying in shade. Here and there, you could spot the staff easily, as they were wearing completely white outfits. Wonwoo led you down the staircase as he informed the team of your arrival. To start, you both occupied a table, waiting for information on a good target. As you wait, you and Wonwoo talked about random things, like books, before he changed the subject rather suddenly, “You know.” He started, “He is going to be speechless when he sees you.” You raised an eyebrow, not exactly sure who he was referring to. Before you could ask who he was referring to a voice came through the earpiece, “Target spotted at roulette table 1004.” You replied quickly as you stood, “Got it.” You nod to Wonwoo before leaving in the direction of the table. You spot only a few people occupying the table, right away you recognize the dealer. He looked like any other dealer, wearing the clean white uniform, but you recognised him by his short light brown hair and his inviting energy. You approached the stool and sat, “I'm in, Mr…” you glance at the dealers name plate, acting like it's the first time you had ever seen him, “Yoon.” You met his eyes with a smile, he places his hand on the table, holding eye contact. You glance to see that his fingers were pointing to the seat next to you, before placing your chips onto the table. You glance at those you were playing with, giving them all a small smile. You take a second longer to commit to memory the man sitting in the seat next to you, your target. He was definitely an executive with the clearance you needed in order to be successful, but, by his looks alone, a tough nut to crack.

You try to warm those around you up, pulling on a mask that you used in situations like these. Slowly you began to accumulate winnings, with a little help from your dealer friend. Jeonghan was always good at deceiving when it came to games like these. With this group of people, it wasn’t surprising that as you accumulated more wealth, they began to open up to you. The man besides you held out his hand, “My name is Younghwa. I have been to a lot of events like these, and I don’t believe I have had the pleasure of meeting you.”

You reach out your hand in greeting, introducing yourself as he takes your hand, “_______.” You pull your hand away, “You probably wouldn’t have seen me before because I tend to blend in.” He gives you a look up and down before saying, “You are too beautiful to blend in.” You were shocked by his boldness, but his attention was pulled away by a knock on the table,

“Sir,” Jeonghan said, “Everyone is waiting for your turn.” You quietly watched as he played his turn. He then smiles at you before waving down a waiter carrying a tray of drinks.

“You must be thirsty. Let me get you a drink.” He says as you begin to worry. Most drinks were alcoholic beverages, and you weren't comfortable drinking on the job. That worry vanished completely, when you recognised the man approaching with two drinks,

“Sir, Ma’am.” He said while smiling at you. You grab the drink closest to you, watching the waiter as he winked slightly at you before walking away. In politeness you raise your glass slightly acknowledging Younghwa who was holding his own drink besides you. You placed the glass at your lips and tilted it back back slowly, the coolness passed your lips but the burn of alcohol never came. Your glass only had water. You are relieved, saying to yourself, ‘Thank you, Jisoo.’ The game continued for only a little longer before a second “employee” with a round face came over and quickly ushered Jeonghan away with an exaggerated story of some horrible accident in the kitchen that needed to be taken care of. You collected your chips into your bag before standing and turning to Younghwa,

“What do you recommend for passing time?” You couldn’t let him leave your sight, you still needed the card key.

“Dancing is rather fun if you have someone to dance with.” He then asked, “If you don’t have anyone, I would like if you accompanied me to the dance floor.”

“Of course,” you accepted right away. This was the chance you were waiting for.

He led you to the dance floor. You could gradually hear the music better with each stride you took towards the dance floor. You passed Jisoo, tucking your hair behind your ear while making eye contact, a signal. Over your earpiece, you could hear Jisoo update the team,“ ________ is headed for the dance floor with the target. Adjust positions accordingly.”

When you stepped onto the dance floor, Younghwa pulled you to face him. He placed one hand on your waist while keeping his other hand on yours. You placed your free hand on his back as your feet followed his lead. You tried to relax, but you were not necessarily comfortable dancing with a complete stranger. He made small talk while you danced, and despite your discomfort, you gave answers, keeping up the act. “Back left pocket.” You hear Wonwoo’s voice. ‘Well’, you say to yourself, ‘This is going to be embarrassing.’ You braved yourself before reaching your hand down quickly to his pocket only to feel…..NOT the card. Your cheeks flared, as you silently cursed Wonwoo, “Well, I do have bad eyesight after all.” You could hear his quiet laughter from here. You placed your hand back on Younghwa’s shoulder, “Sorry. I slipped.” “That’s a lame cover.” You hear Wonwoo say. ‘Just wait,’ you say to yourself, already planning how you will greet him. “I see it in his suit pocket.” A different voice says, this is the first time you are hearing from him tonight. Your heart jumps slightly, but it succeeded in bringing back your focus. He continues, “Okay I have a plan.” You focus on his words eager to finally get away. “Jun is coming your way, don't be shocked when he bumps into you. Take your chance then. I am coming to pull you away.” It was a few seconds later when you feel a body collide with your own from behind. You gasp and fall into Younghwa, hands landing on his chest. Younghwa focuses his attention on Jun as you straighten yourself up. You feel sorry for the negative attention he was getting, but you are thankful. The voice with the plan suddenly spoke from besides you, “May I cut in?” Without waiting for a reply from Younghwa, he softly grabs your hand and leads you further onto the dance floor. He extends the arm that holds your hand above your head, prompting you to do a spin. You do so with a laugh, and then he pulls you close. “Hey, Soonyoung.” He smiles bright, “_______. I have been looking all over for you.”