Confronting His Fans

Guardian Angel Jonghyun

Standing from the dinner table that night, Jonghyun walked to the sink and quietly did his dishes while his mom and Alina finished their food. "It was very good, umma. Thank you for cooking." Walking to her, Jonghyun kissed her cheek, bringing a proud smile to her face as she went about finishing her food. Walking around the table, Jonghyun kissed Alina's cheek as well. "I'm going to go live and sort things out. After that, I'll fix you a bath so you can relax." Blushing at the way he was trying to take care of her, Alina did all she could do at the moment, and nodded her head.

 

Making his way into the bedroom, he Roo walked happily behind him, her tail wagging with excitement. It had been a while since he had gone live, what with everything that had been happening in his life. Climbing into bed, Jonghyun waited for Roo to jump up with him, and curling up beside him. Jonghyun pulled the phone from his back pocket and pulled up Instagram. Within seconds he was live, and he had over eleven thousand followers watching his live video chat. 

 

"Annyeong. Annyeong. It's been a while since I was able to get on Insta Live, so thank you all for coming see me." He waved at the phone, smiling as he read a few comments. "I know there have been some rumors going around lately, and I think we need to address this now." Jonghyun took in a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves. "As some of you may know, lately there have been rumors going around that I'm dating someone. I was hoping to be able to come out to you in my own time, but many of you have forced my hand. It is true that I am dating. She is a very nice girl who makes me very happy, but sadly I have been seeing pictures of her, that some of you have made, about her needing to go harm herself." His eyes stung with tears as he pulled up one of the disturbing pictures and showed it on his live chat. "These really hurt her feelings, and upset me as well." 

 

Reaching up, he wiped away some tears that were falling, and sniffled a little. "I want you to be happy for me, because I have found a girl who makes me happy. Someone to spend time with and adore. Now, this does not mean that I am leaving SHINee or my career. If anything, with your support, and hers, I would like to continue to make music. So please, stop harassing her and take down those horrible pictures of her. Stop following her and hurting her when she's out in public." Jonghyun's eyes scanned the comments, most of them apologizing for the way those fans had acted. Others  congratulated him for finding someone that made him happy. 

 

The door to the bedroom opened, and Alina peeked her head in. Their eyes met, his face lighting up upon seeing her. Motioning her over, he turned his attention back to his phone, smiling. "Everyone, this is my very important person." Taking her hand, Jonghyun pulled Alina into his side, both of their faces side by side. She turned red, knowing that her cheek was still slightly swollen from the cut that morning, but other than that, she was just afraid of his fans reaction. "This is Alina. Please support us and accept her, for she and I are going to be together for a long time." Her face turned bright red at his comment, causing her to turn her head and burry her face in his shoulder. She had never had anyone talk about her in such a manner. 

 

He kissed her head, chuckling at her embarrassed state. "Well, my battery is almost dead. I'm going to sleep now, so please have a good night." Waving good bye, Jonghyun ended his live video, and cuddled the small woman next to him. "Shall I fix your bath now?" Alina shook her head into his chest. 

 

"I'll fix it. Thank you though, Oppa." Leaning up, she kissed his neck, earning a giggle from the handsome man in bed with her. Gaining one more squeeze, Alina climbed from bed, grabbed her some clothes, and made her way toward the bathroom.

 

Closing the door behind her, Alina made sure it was completely shut before leaning against the door, letting out a sigh. She had never dreamed that things would be this way for her, yet here she was, hiding in a cabin with the man of her dreams and his mother; both of them concerned for her.