Affliction

Conflict

Chapter 3: Affliction

 

At the end of a gruelling schedule, it is already evening when they finish for the day.

The last in their schedule is the shooting of the cellphone commercial, he says, " I would like to go out for a walk to get some fresh air, and I promise  I will be careful.". 

Taehyung not being obvious, not turning his head but looks down and side looks at Jungkook and sees him in his peripheral vision. 

All the members know about Taehyung and Jungkook having an altercation, and they are allowing the two to work it out on their own at the moment, but soon if they still have not patched things up, then they will have to intervene for the good of the group. 

Jimin and JHope want to accompany him.

Jimin thinks for a reason to be able to go with him, "Yeah, let me come with you and relax and let us order some chicken and beers. I need some fresh air, too." 

JHope senses and adheres  to what Jimin means, "Yeah, me, too let me come too and get some fresh air." 

Jungkook panics for a moment, for it is not easy to deny his bandmates who he considers as brothers and family, "I am sorry, if you would permit me," unconsciously automatically side looks at Taehyung, bites his lower lips and looks back to Jimin and JHope, "I am not hungry, you  both should stay and have dinner, I am going out for a short walk." 

Jimin  with concern asks, "If you're sure or maybe take one of the managers with you."

"I am good, don't worry." He bows his head not looking directly at anyone, takes his bag, turns around and leave. 

Taehyung speaks as soon as Jungkook has left, "I am going out with a friend, and he is going to treat me for dinner. Don't wait up for me." 

Jimin looks at his best friend, "Taehyung."  He knows what he is thinking, because he has been talking to him.

He does not look up, but just snears. 

He walks and picks up his bag, waves,  gives a small smile that does not reach his eyes  and bows, "Good night, everyone, and have a nice dinner." Turns, lose his smile, turns to a serious face,  sharp eyes, and walks out and leave.

 

Jungkook does not have a plan to where he wants to go, but as he keeps on walking he ended up buying some beers and sitting looking out to the river. There are not much people around at that moment.

"Is this really it?!" He can not help asks himself. 

"No! It can not be!" He could not accept it. "There must be something that I could do." 

He is  just looking at the river pondering as tears slowly falls. He is sitting  on the grass alone  in the dark holding a can of beer. He takes a sip from the can and holds it with both hands between his legs. 

"We can not end like this, I won't accept it, I  just can't. I love you and only you." 

He knows the problem, but still it is not easy. "I am the problem, it is my jealousy, but I can't help it." 

He keeps talking to himself, "That fool, why does he has to be so damn charming and irristable."  He wants to resent him, but it is the very traits that attracted him to Taehyung. "I am always afraid that I will lose you, and now my nightmare came true, I am losing you, have I truly lost you?" 

Bows his head, closes his eyes, holds his head with his left hand,  and whimpers, "It is all my fault.. it's all my fault. Even if he kills me, I can't blame him. I am so stupid." 

Taehyung is not far unseen in the shadow watching him while seething with fire in his eyes. 

 

654 words

Writer's note: Composed July 20, 2020