Home

Conflict

Chapter 2:  Home

He is still wide awake and closes his game and opens a new tab and  spends his time trying to write lyrics for a new song. Jungkook left his door partially open so he will hear the front door. It will be noticed, because his room is the first door in the hallway and Taehyung's room is at the end, but he can't help himself. He just got to know that he is home. 

In the silence of the night his ears are tune to every noise he can hear while he waits. It's too quiet so he opens music on a very low level, so not to disturb the other members. 

In just a few minutes, he hears someone opening the lock, he swivels his chair looking towards the door listening intently, and hears the front door opens and closes. 

He's home. He can breathe better. 

He is listening to his movements, and by the sound he is making, he can imagine him removing his shoes and wearing his slippers. He then hears his footsteps, and probably guessing that he went to the kitchen to drink some water. He knows him pretty well. He hears footsteps coming closer, and guessing that he is heading to his bedroom. 

He hears his smartphone ring. 

Tae's voice in a whisper, "Hello!" He can hear his voice  loud enough in the silent night. "Yes, I just got home." His voice is drifting away. He tries to listen intently and  can hear him mubbling but can no longer understand a word. 

He closes his eyes, and breathe deeply. He swivels his chair back to his desk. He knows they have a long day ahead with a grueling schedule, but he is still wide awake.

 

The next day, the first thing he hears, "Boy, did you get some sleep?"

'So early in the morning, this guy is nuts.' He's not in a good mood. He did not answer, because Jimin is either being sarcastic or just concerned, even when he pretty well knows the answer.