Coincidence? I think not!

Reaping 101: Don't let the hamster bite!

Kim Taehyung was not as oblivious as what he makes out to be. In fact, Kim Taehyung knew more than most people. He would like to say that it’s because of his natural curious instincts that he just happened to pick up so much more than your average joe, but alas, he should probably credit his parents for giving birth to such a beautiful brain.

“…Jungkook, do you think much about love recently?” Namjoon asked the boy sprawled on the ground as Taehyung tried to tug Jimin off.

Taehyung smirked internally. Wrong direction, Namjoon, but it’ll be fun to see where this goes. “Yeah, Jin hyung mentioned that Jungkookie may be infatuated with Yoongi hyung.” Taehyung added helpfully.

That only spurred Jimin to act even more hysterical as Jungkook struggled beneath him. Taehyung has given up. “Hyung!” Jungkook whined, and that caused Namjoon to swear quietly. But Taehyung heard it- oh, Taehyung heard it all.

“I think I need to carry Hobi home. He needs to be home to rest. He’s not feeling too well lately.” Namjoon blabbered out. “Sorry I can’t help you with your homework today, Jungkook. You should come over with Tae sometime and we can figure out what you’re struggling with.”

With that, Namjoon teleported himself and Hoseok out of the apartment.

Jungkook and Jimin sat there dumbfounded for a while, before Jimin decided to go bother Jin instead, since the roommate in question that did show up with Namjoon was most definitely not his owner and the two idiots haven’t recognized him at all. Jungkook just turned to Taehyung, a questioning look in his eyes.

“What was that all about?”

“I have no idea,” Taehyung grinned. “but I bet the coming days are going to be amazingly enjoyable.”

*            *         *

Junkook was tired of everyone being so secretive about everything. Something’s going on around his household and neither Jin nor Tae would tell him anything about it. He would ask Jimin, but it seems like even if the hamster spirit knew, he would refuse to tell Jungkook anything – the hate burns strong with that one, and it seems like the last thing Jimin would do is to help Jungkook.

Oh Jungkook will find out without them telling him, he’s sure of it.

All of the sudden, the wind picked up from out of nowhere, and next thing Jungkook knew, his scarf was blown into his face and in his haste to remove it out of his eyes, he stopped in the middle of the street only to have the person behind him push him forward into someone in front of him. He lost his balance and so did the person he was pushed into and he landed awkwardly sprawled across a much smaller person with a much deeper voice.

“Ow.”

Hum, Jungkook thought to himself, that sounds like a very familiar voice.

Tearing his scarf out of his face, Jungkook pushed himself up to remove himself from the other person, blushing slightly from the embarrassment of landing on a complete stranger. Only, it wasn’t a stranger.

“Yoongi hyung?” Jungkook’s pretty sure his eyes are as wide as saucers and felt his mouth drop open, but quickly adjusted his facial features as the other tried to push himself up to look at him.

“Do I know you?” Definitely Yoongi asked with a cough as he stumbled a bit to get up.

Jungkook suddenly felt very embarrassed and disappointed and wanted to melt into the ground. Of course Yoongi didn’t remember him. He was, after all, a very insignificant spec in the universe –

“Wait, Jungkook?” Yoongi asked, now standing up, and offered a hand towards Jungkook, who was still staring blankly, his planted solidly on the concrete sidewalk. Jungkook blinked, only now realizing the annoyed looks he’s getting from passerbys who just wanted to get on their way home without weird awkward twenty-somethings sitting in the middle of a public sidewalk.

“Yeah,” Jungkook smiled, pleased now that Yoongi did in fact recognise him, and took the hand. His finger sparked when he touched the hand and he wondered if Yoongi felt it too. He pulled himself up quickly, brushing the dirt off of his pants. “What are you doing here hyung?”

“Well, I just got off of work and was planning on grabbing a bite before going home,” Yoongi provided. “How about you?” Wow, Jungkook thought as Yoongi spoke, he has the most adorable little lisp.

Jungkook stared a bit more before Yoongi snapped his fingers in front of him, a worried expression on his face. Just then, Jungkook’s stomach decided it was a great time to let out a loud and embarrassing grumble. Jungkook groaned as Yoongi laughed at him.

“I mean, if you’re not doing anything, you can feel free to join me for food, but I’ll let you get on your way if you need to get going.”

“I was just about to go grocery shopping,” Jungkook said, “but it seems like it might be a better idea to eat now and shop later. I don’t think my stomach would be too happy with me otherwise.” The words spewed out higher pitched and much faster than he would have hoped, but judging by Yoongi’s smile, wow, his smile is really adorable, how his gums show and eyes disappear into happy crescents, Yoongi didn’t seem to mind.

“Good,” Yoongi said happily as he slapped Jungkook playfully on the shoulder, “now the ajumma won’t think I’m always a gloomy loner who’s only friend is her. I swear sometimes she talks to me out of pity!”

Jungkook just continue staring and nodded. How could anyone think Yoongi hyung had no friends, or gloomy? Yoongi was as bright as the sun when he smiled, and he’s pretty sure Namjoon hyung and his roommate are both really close friends with Yoongi, and he’s sure Yoongi has plenty of other friends as well. Who wouldn’t want to be friends with Yoongi? He wanted to be friends with Yoongi – ok, he wanted to be more than friends with Yoongi, but you got to start somewhere…

“Hey kiddo, you alright? You’re kind of zoning out.”

Jungkook shook his head violently and looked down to Yoongi’s concerned face. It secretly made him happy that Yoongi was looking at him like that, but he also didn’t want Yoongi to worry.

“Oh I’m fine,” he replied, “I apparently zone out a lot when I’m hungry.”

Yoongi laughed at that, making a joke about how he’s probably still a growing kid, and turned around. “You ok with lamb skewers?”

“That’s my favourite food!” Jungkook exclaimed before he could stop himself.

“You don’t have to be that excited Jungkook,” Yoongi smiled at him, “anyone can tell that you’re just saying that.”

“No really!” Jungkook protested “I absolutely love lamb skewers and kebabs – they’re really my favourite!” Well, since they’re the first thing he’s eating with Yoongi hyung, then they’re definitely his favourites now.

Yoongi stared at him questioningly for a while, before shrugging, and telling Jungkook more about the funny ajumma he’ll be meeting in a bit.

*            *         *

“Hobi, is Yoongi home yet? I don’t see his shoes.” Namjoon asked, throwing his keys onto the little shelf next to the shoe rack, promptly knocking off a small glass vial that shattered on the floor, releasing a puff of pink smoke.

“Damn it Namjoon, stop breaking my potions!” Hoseok yelled, walking into the living room.

“Well you need to stop putting your destructible glass potion bottles places where I might easily destroy them!” Namjoon countered. “Is Yoongi Home?

“No, he had to go grocery shopping” Hoseok raised an eyebrow, “Why do you ask?”

“What are you going to do about the arrow, Hobi?” Namjoon asked, throwing his jacket onto the hook. Hoseok tried to shrink away before Namjoon cast a freeze spell on him and casually levitated his roommate to the couch before dropping him there.

“You need to stop doing that!” Hoseok complained, as he landed just short of the couch and slid down the side of it to land on his . “Your aim more than a drunk mountain troll at sunrise!”

Namjoon was annoyed now. How could Hoseok go as low as comparing him to a mountain troll? “Stop trying to change the subject Hoseok. The arrow.”

“What about it?”

“What do you mean? What are you going to do with the situation about the arrow?”

“Well, it’s alive now so there’s nothing I can do about it.” Hoseok folded his arms across his chest grumpily.

“So you’re just going to leave Jungkook like that?” Namjoon asked incredulously.

“I mean, what do you want me to do? If the arrow’s so attached to the kid, then it’s the arrow’s choice, not mine.  I barely even know the kid! But we are not telling the Cupid Council, right?”

“I can’t believe you,” Namjoon sighed, “you should learn to take responsibility for your mistakes.” Namjoon glared at Hoseok before stomping over to his room and slamming the door.

Hoseok sighed. What did he even do wrong? It’s not his fault that the hamster had to die so soon and that a reaper just happen to activate one of his arrows and all the conditions were satisfied to cause what happened to happen. What were the chances of that happening anyway? Near zero! And now Namjoon was saying it’s his responsibility to clean up? What is there even to clean up? Sure, it was his arrow before it was activated, but it sure as hell isn’t his anymore.  If anything, he just made the kid’s life that much more interesting, be it unintentionally.

For what he sees, this is just part of fate, and who was he to mess with the Moirai? He just wished the damned old hags didn’t mess with him!