Cupid's Arrow

Reaping 101: Don't let the hamster bite!

“Hey Namjoon?”

“Yeah Hobi?”

“Do you know where Jiminnie’s at? He’s not in his cage, and Yoongi’s at his job so they can’t be playing... And why is there hamster furniture all over the floor?”

“Oh, didn’t you hear? Jiminnie died of old age. Yoongi was really upset about it earlier yesterday.”

Well , Hoseok thought to himself. That might explain the missing arrow.

It totally wasn’t a bad idea that Hoseok hid his cupid arrows in the hamster cage. They’re nearly useless unless being handled by supernatural creatures. And the fact that the arrows are invisible to normal people, he didn’t have to worry about a thing. But if he knew that Jiminnie was dying, that would have been the last place he would have placed them. A reaper would definitely have enough supernatural energy to solidify an arrow, and maybe even may have been enough to launch it. Now he’s really going to be in for it if the Cupid Council find out about this…

“I can hear your brain churning,” Namjoon looked up from his book, “Didn’t know you liked Jimin that much.”

“ImaybemissinganarrowandIthinkthehamster’sdeathtriggeredit” the words blurted out of his mouth before Hoseok could stop himself.

One of Namjoon’s eyebrows rose slightly. “What. Did. You. Say.”

“The Cupid Councils can’t know about me loosing another arrow, Joon!” Hoseok screeched. Then more tentatively, he whispered “I think the reaper’s powers may have…I don’t know…shot off an arrow?”

Namjoon stared. “Don’t tell me you left the arrows in the hamster cage. Please don’t tell me you left the arrows in the hamster cage.”

Hoseok looked down in shame. “I thought it was a good idea. Most supernatural would never go near the violent little hamster, and Yoongi wouldn’t be affected unless one of us touched the arrow...”

“Do you hear what you’re saying?” Namjoon sighed. “Fine. You lost an arrow, what do you want us to do about it now?”

“I don’t know!” Hoseok yelled in frustration as his wings poofed out and began fluttering uselessly in his anxiety, “Joon, I need to find out what happened to the arrow before the Cupid Council figures something went wrong in the balance. Can we like…somehow track down the reaper and force him to tell us what he knows and make sure he shuts up about it when the council asks? Maybe question him and then dump his body in the Han River?”

Namjoon sighed again. “We’re not going to kill anyone. I have a reaper friend. We can ask him if he knows anything. I doubt he’ll be interested in telling any authorities anything.”

 

*          *          *

“Oh Hey Namjoon,” Taehyung answered his phone as he stuffed a spoonful of curry into his mouth, chewed quickly, swallowed, and mouthed to his friends with curry still in his mouth “It’s Namjoon.”

“We know, you just said his name,” Jungkook mouthed back, rolling his eyes. “And you’re disgusting, don’t eat and talk on the phone.

“Uh-Huh,” Taehyung nodded, then stuck out his tongue at Jungook as Jin sighed, wondering where he messed up in teaching his protégées about table manners.

Jimin, despite being a spirit, was happily chowing down on the curry Jin set aside for him, complementing Jin every time he could as Jin shone with pride and cooed at how adorable Jimin was being.

“Right, ok, that’s fine.” Taehyung continued, his spoon half way to his mouth when Jin stared him down. Taehhyung snorted and lowered his spoon as he continued with his conversation. “You want to just come over and we can talk about it now? There’s extra curry and I’m sure my roommates don’t mind sharing…ok, see you guys in 15.”

“Namjoon and his roommate’s coming over in a bit. They have something they need to talk to me about. I offered them your curry, if you don’t mind.” Taehyung grinned.

“Well, too late asking now,” Jin sighed, stirring his food, “What do they need to talk to you about?”

“Dunno, said it was something too sensitive for a phone conversation.” Taehyung shrugged as he stuffed another spoonful of food into his mouth.

“And he’s bringing his roommate for it?”  Jin asked, eyebrow raised.

That’s when it hit Jungkook, “Wait…roommate? Is he bringing Yoongi hyung?!”

“My owner’s coming back for me!” Screamed Jimin as he shot up from the kitchen table, and tackled Jungkook to the ground.

“Jimin and Jungkook, stop this right now or go to your room!” Jin yelled, exasperated at just how little respect his children had for the sanctity of the kitchen table.

*          *          *

“Hyung, are you sure it’s safe to meet a reaper in his own house?” Hoseok shook as they neared the apartment complex. “What if he murders us and eats our soul?”

“Relax,” Namjooon mumbled as he tried to pull his arm from Hoseok’s grasp, “The reaper I know is more like a puppy. Besides, he offered food. It doesn’t make sense for him to feed us and then murder us.”

“That’s what they want you to think,” Hoseok grumbled, “The food is just a bribe so he can murder us.”

“Be quiet Hobi, we’re asking him for help because you messed up.” Namjoon elbowed Hoseok in the side.

“It really wasn’t my fault!”

“Ok, ok! Now help me find 637.”

All of the sudden, a door burst open down the hall.

“Hi guys! I thought I heard someone say something about murder!” Taehyung’s cheery voice greeted them as they looked around to see him. “Don’t worry, I don’t bite, and I definitely won’t murder you!”

“Hey Tae,” Namjoon greeted, as Hoseok sulked behind him.

“That’s what they all say,” Hoseok murmured, treading carefully behind Namjoon.

“So, what’s up?” Taehyung asked as they all sat themselves on the couch, grabbing a bag of chips and popping one into his mouth. Now that the guests have been handed their bowl of curry, they can talk.

“Tae, do you happen to know a reaper – “ Namjoon began, but was instantaneously cut off.

“What?” Taehyung yelled loudly, “A Cleaver? Namjoon! We don’t murder people in this house!” He chuckled nervously, glancing from Namjoon to Hoseok, then back.

“Tae, he knows.”

“Oh Namjoon,” Taehyung laughed again, “you always say the silliest things!” Then turning to Hoseok, “He’s a really funny person isn’t he! The things he’ll say!”

“I’m a Cupid.” Hoseok blinked.

“Oh well I knew you were cute but that escalated quickly,” Taehyung blinked back.

Namjoon sighed. “No Taehyung, he really is a cupid, just like how you really are a reap-“

“Shhhhhhh!” Taehyung  jumped up and put his hand over Namjoon’s mouth, and then realizing that it doesn’t matter now that Hoseok already knows, sat down again. “How did you know?” Taehyung asked Namjoon.

“Tae, you literally reaped in front of me before.”

“No that couldn’t be it. We’re not allowed to bring outsiders to reapings.”

“That cockroach at the library? Remember anything about that?”

“That was literally an accident and how the hell did you know it’s a reaping?”

“I’m a wizard, Taehyung.”

“No, you mean ‘Yer a wizard, Harry!’”

“No, I literally mean I’m a Wizard, Taehyung.”

It took a moment to digest, then Taehyung brightened up. “Oh! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

Namjoon wanted to slam his head into a bookshelf. “I did! Just like how you told me you were a reaper after the cockroach incident.”

“Oh, ok, so what was the question again?” Taehyung smiled widely.

Hoseok was a bit intimidated, but also so over this backwards conversation. “Do you happen to know anything about a hamster reaping that occurred yesterday and the reaper involved?”

“Of course!” Taehyung’s smile grew wider as he stood to start yelling “Jungkook! It’s for you!”

Before Namjoon and Hoseok could react, a loud crash came through a door behind them, and a young man with a spirit attacking him burst through to the living room.

“Taehyung can you get Jimin off of me!?” Jungkook screamed as Jimin pulled at his hair, clinging onto Jungkook like an oversized backpack.

Hoseok took one look at the struggling pair, turned to Namjoon, muttered “I guess we found the arrow,” and fainted.

*          *          *           *          *           *          *

 

Dun dun dun -

Is Jungkook's love for Yoongi really because of the cupid's arrow? Is Hoseok ever going to wake up and fix this mess? Is Jimin really what we think he is? Find out on the next episode of -

Ha! Ok, I've had my fun. I swear things will make more sense soon, and there will actually be more sugakookie moments.