004

Smoke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

 

Punctuality wasn't part of Nayoung's vocabulary. The girl was late again so Kyulkyung was pacing up and down in front the house after she texted her. Most of people was already inside, soon she felt a tap on her shoulder.

 

This man greeted her with a smile, before hugging her. It was his thing. He always did this to her when they meet.


 

"I'm glad you came." Minghao said, intertwined their hands but Kyulkyung retracted as soon as she could before returned back her smile.

 

"I'm waiting for a friend, Jun said that I could invite someone else."

 

Minghao was a bit surprised while rubbing her neck. He thought he could spend the night with her, without someone else. They have known for many years, he knew all of her friends. "Then I should meet your friend."

 

Kyulkyung just nodded, she was being awkward because of his behavior. Yebin and Eunwoo kept telling her that he had a crush on her since high school. Nevertheless the Chinese girl didn't want to believe or rather to face it because it was just a friend. If Eunwoo was not against it, Yebin tried to pull them apart. She really didn't like him. Besides, his little sister Siyeon, was the one Eunwoo try to get.


 

They were waiting together, beside the road, the girl checked around and couldn't find her stone. Texting her again would be too much so she just stayed like this. In other side, Minghao was impatient so he decided to go back inside, he gave her a wink before leaving her. "Come to me later. I have something to tell you." With that, she nodded and back faced him.

 

Kyulkyung was about to sit on the bench beside her, once she looked up she finally spotted her friend. Nayoung was running after Kyulkyung's glare. “Sorry again, it's the bus.” Kyulkyung just told her that was okay. She didn't wait too long. After that, they stepped inside the villa, if we could say. There was a pool at the entrance. Inside, they noticed a huge crowd, he invites the whole university or what ? Nayoung thought. Suddenly, the chinese stopped in front of a group of man. One of them shot a glare at Nayoung, the latter wasn't affect, besides, she kept her stoic face.


 

“Thanks for coming to my birthday, Kyul.” one of them said while Kyulkyung handed him a gift. They greeted quickly Nayoung before they left except one. The latter approached her and offered her his hand. The stone did a quick handshake and looked at the chinese. “This is Nayoung a friend and this is Minghao, a classmate.”


 

“Do you want to drink something ?” he offered, “I will go get you.”


 

Nayoung was about to decline when a group of girl interrupted them. He was popular as expected. Then, this two girl walked towards a mini bar. The older was about to grab a vodka bottle but Kyulkyung retracted it for a simple beer. “I don't think I could walk you back if you're drunk.” she chuckled, the stone just nodded while adding the fact that she could handle her liquor better than she thought. Soon, they found a two empty place on the sofa which was on the balcony. Kyulkyung didn't notice that their hand were interwined together until she sat, she shrugged it off.


 

For the first time, Nayoung would be able to see her friend drinking. “I know I'm stunning but it's tiring when you feel these stare.” she fanned herself, feigning arrogante.


 

“I think you should say that to your date.” they cheered up before Kyulkyung replied.


 

“He's not my date, don't be a Yebin. By the way, he's not my type.”


 

“What's your type then?” Nayoung asked, finally, she wanted to ask this many times but she didn't dare. The younger smiled at this question.


 

“A man who's taller than me, mature, charismatic and so on ?” she declared, “what about yours ?” Kyulkyung was very curious, she wanted to know more about her.


 

“I guess, someone who can make me smile, trustful, things like that ?” she tilted her head, the chinese found her cute. The chinese spoke about something that Nayoung didn't hear because she was too preoccupied with a familiar figure on the back. Without doubt, Kyulkyung noticed that and decided to follow her eyes. She recognized one of her sunbae, Lee Ga Eun. Suddenly, an idea came through.


 

“Are you into girls ?” she asked out of the blues, making Nayoung spilted her drink a little. Then, she couldn't deny the truth. “this girl seems to be your preoccupation.”


 

Nayoung sat up straight, staring at her eyes, “I thought it was obvious. And no, I think she's an old friend.”


 

Kyulkyung nodded, with this answer, she could understand everything, especially Nayoung's behavior towards her. Wait, is she awkward around me becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter