002

Smoke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

// Officially in vacation, I'm back (hopefully for good). Anyway, here is the second chap, thanks for those who still have interest. //

 

Chapter 2

 

 

Her place was pretty special if she could say, full of books. They were invading from every corner, Nayoung could tell this girl had studied more than enough. She was amazed and even spotted some diplomats that she didn't bother to read in the living room.

 

 

“Make yourself at home.” Kyulkyung brought some snacks and drinks from her kitchen.

 

 

Her apart wasn't big nor small, just enough to contain her books.

 

 

“Are you student too ?” she continued while took a slip of her drink, soon Nayoung joined her on the sofa.

 

 

“I quit.” she replied, “The truth is that … I was also about to start law studies but I quit after attending the first course” she chuckled, remembering those memories. Nayoung hadn't regret about her choice and she thought that was maybe her best choice.

 

 

“Seriously ? Who scared you ? Is it Ms.Bae ?” Kyulkyung joked but the other girl was still silent. She was hesitant, that earn her glare. Nayoung wasn't really a open-person with stranger, at this time, she thought it could be good idea, to let out herself, for once.

 

She wore a small smile before saying, “my parents had died at this time.” Kyulkyung's smile faded away as soon as she heard that. “Don't be sorry”, the stone cut her like she knew what she would say. Nevertheless Kyulkyung apologized.

 

 

“Anyway, that's mean I could have meet you more earlier.” Nayoung blurted out, trying to bring the atmosphere back. She didn't thought her words had double meaning. The chinese just cleared , not knowing what to answer.

 

She coudn't turn on the tv because it was broken and she was too lazy to repair it so they ended up in silence. The truth, both of them was appreciating this, Nayoung was used to this quiet situation, but even if it was an awkward silence, she didn't hate it. It seem that was the same for Kyulkyung, even if she used to be very loud, this time, she enjoyed being wrap in silence. Both of them was confortable. Sometimes, their hands would brush while picking snacks and Nayoung would glanced over her from the corner of her eyes. When Kyulkyung scrunched her nose up, the stone girl could help but finding her damn cute.

 

“Is there something on my face ?” the chinese interrupted her, Nayoung was caught so she just shook her head. “Then s-stop looking at me .. like that...”

 

 

“Don't think too highly of yourself.” she mumbled, enough loud for the chinese, the latter was surprised as Nayoung, she was obviously not good with words. “I mean-”

 

 

“Yebin was right, you can be very straight forward.” she cut her and sat away a bit from her. She wasn't upset but surprised.

 

Nayoung sighed while looking around. Then, she grabbed a book in front of her, turning page quickly. “Do you pass the bar exam yet ?” she was curious while trying to change topic.

 

Kyulkyung tensed up, holding tight her can. “Not yet.” she looked down. The student was trying too hard to fulfill her dream, she knew she was overworking.

 

 

“You're addict to study.”

 

 

“You're addict to cig.”

 

Kyulkyung couldn't help but fought back even if it wasn't the main topic. They were staring at each other. Kyulkyung wanted to erase that smirk of Nayoung, it felt uncomfortable. Out of nowhere, Nayoung leaned closer, making pink taint appeared on the chinese cheek's. “Don't you want to try ? You seem very stressful.” the stone was caressing her left hand gently, feeling the warm.

 

Kyulkyung swatted her hand away before standing up, “I really hate the smoke.” she tried to put emphasis but Nayoung wasn't convinced.

 

“You never try, how can you judge thing so easily ?” she asked her, leaning back. Kyulkyung already made her way out after hearing the fix phone. Nayoung was still waiting for her to come back, to give her an answer. She could hear Kyulkyung speaking to someone else. It would be rude if she stayed there, listening. Soon, her thought were cut by her own phone.

 

 

We need your help. Come right away please.

 

 

She was supposed to have a daybreak today, it always turned in this way. Nayoung was ready to le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter