003

Smoke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3


She was more and more surprised by her, Nayoung is unpredictable. At first, she thought step a nightclub because of the front door but when they climbed down the stairs, Kyulkyung heard slow music by piano, which really appreciable. She discovered a concert bar, a huge one. Nayoung held her arm to not lose her. Kyulkyung was still scanning the place, totally loving it. Wall covered by old poster, vinyl, she spotted a jukebox, it was vintage. The waiter leaded them towards a random table, besides, they had good view on the stage.

"Actually, I reserved these table and I already get to choose our dinner, does it bother you ?" Nayoung confessed, removing her jacket before glancing at her friend.

"You must know the chief then." Kyulkyung deduced, and got it right. She noticed the smile that one of the bartender gave to Nayoung earlier. Still, she was really satisfied that Nayoung brought her here because it was a very special place.


 

Classic music is played at the background softly, just enough to let people heard each other. The chinese was checking the girl in front of her who was looking at the stage, she's so emotionless, I can't read her That intrigue too much Kyulkyung, she had to admit that this girl was charismatic and attractive if she could say


 

"Are you always so quiet with your friends, Im Nayoung?" she asked, after they received their food. It looked simple, meat with side dish. She wasn't too picky about food. The stone glanced at her plate before staring at her


 

"I just don't know how to start"


 

“Come on, this isn't a date, but a friendly date." she insisted, her bold side was out. "Let me ask you something, what's get you to invite me ?” Kyulkyung brought up her confidence.


 

“I just want to be friend with you because I think I'm unconsciously changing my bad habit thanks to your words.” Nayoung declared, she was being very honest. Kyulkyung nodded before taking a bit of her meat. The smell and the taste were as she liked.


 

“So you know it but you don't want to change ?” she said,


 

“I just can't.” she stated, “the food is great”


 

"Henry Ford said that some people think they can, others, can't, besides, they're always right." Kyulkyung quoted, smiling at her. This quote had been her favorite, and she definitely believed it. It was difference of people's will. Nayoung looked down, leaving a light sigh, she mumbled something that Kyulkyung couldn't catch "Anyway, earlier you said that you were working, what's your job ?"


 

“I'm a barman."


 

"Aren't you a delivery man ? What kind of bar ?"


 

"Just a simple bar. Actually I have two part time job. One during the morning and the other during night.”


 

“Night shift must be the hardest one."


 

"I'm used to." Nayoung said, the waiter appeared again with a bottle of whine. "want some " which Kyulkyung gladly refused. She wanted to stay sober even though a glass of whine wouldn't kill her. Nayoung served herself, still looking at the chinese who was just drinking her water "You're no fun."


 

"Says the one who looks like a stone." she argued back, giving her a fake smile. Nayoung gave a glimpse of her smile for few seconds before returning to her usual composure. They didn't know how to interact so they were only listening the music. After they finished their main meal they were already ordering the dessert


 

When they were waiting for it, ten minutes flew away, Nayoung cleared to have the chinese's attention even if she already knew that she had it since the beginning. Those quick glance were quite obvious. “Would you like to dance with me ?" Kyulkyung turned towards the stage, noticing a dozen of couple. Why not, with that, Nayoung offered her hand which the chinese accepted.


 

They stepped in the middle, Kyulkyung put her hands around the older's shoulder, and the latter brought hers on her thigh.


 

“I used to be part of a dance team during high school as a leader" Nayoung spoke out, she didn't know why she was talking about that.


 

“Oh me too, then should I call you leader Im ? “ Kyulkyung joked, she managed to make the stone broke her ice. "Were you good ?


 

“That what people say but I wasn't the best.”


 

"Who that could be ?"


 

“Kim Chung Ha. You maybe have hear her name once, she's Sejeong's girlfriend By the way. I’m currently living with them.” Kyulkyung thought that seems not an easy situation when you live alone with a couple. Nevertheless, Nayoung assured that she was fine since they have known for long time. The chinese couldn't imagine living with Yebin and Minkyung, their skinship were too much for her too handle. She tried once and she will make sure to not do it again. She was so lost on her thought that she didn't notice she was leaning closer on her shoulder. Nayoung straighten her posture, feeling her breath on her neck.


 

“You could try to be a dance teacher.” Kyulkyung raised her head.


 

“I'm already so busy.” she stated, then a silence filled them while they were moving slowly. Soon, Kyulkyung spoke again.



 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter