005

Smoke
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//Here's the fifth chapter ! It's longer than usual..//

 

Chapter 5

 

 

Having someone number could be helpful, Nayoung thought it was only when people are answering it. She sent a simple line to Kyulkyung last week but she never respond, she couldn't even see the text saying read at xx. The girl was out of world. Once she asked to Yebin or Eunwoo but neither of them had news from her. She wondered why she was acting like this, Nayoung didn't figure out what make her in this situation.

 

Her life was back to like she used, just empty. In this morning, she tried to be more productive, doing sports. After that, she went to the bank, to get her money out and went to the flower shop. Soon, she was in front of an old basement which revealed to be a club. This kind of building didn't open during the day. The stone greeted some employee before getting inside the main office. Pile of papers, scattered on the floor, Nayoung even left her footstep on one of them. Furthermore, the files weren't lined up neatly on the bookshelf. It was such a mess, and this office wasn't lead by someone who really care about cleaning. Suddenly, Nayoung felt a bunch of paper hitting her head from behind. She was used too.

 

“Why don't you call me back ?” the owner raised her voice and threw her stuff on the table, adding few centimeters to her pile as she looked upset. Nayoung rubbed her head before sitting in front of the desk. Her hit wasn't just soft, she obvisouly did it on purpose.

 

“I was working, by the way this is for you.” she put a sport bag on the desk with the bouquet of flowers, making plenty of paper fell down on the floor. The girl didn't mind it and was too busy to discover the content of the bag. Once she opened it, she found plenty bundle of bills. She looked up at Nayoung only to hit her again.

 

“I told you to never bring a single bill in my office.” she stopped after hearing her groan.

 

Nayoung coughed, before speaking. Dust was flying since the girl hit her desk. “Did you forget that day ? I'm just following her will”

 

“How could I ?” Heehyun sighed, closing the bag and looking at those flowers. They looked down for a moment, reminiscent about someone, their old friend. The one who helped Nayoung to get out through the hell she'd lived, the one who could support Heehyun, Jung Chaeyeon. The latter was gone for two years. Nevertheless, she didn't left their mind. Soon, both decided to walk outside, taking fresh air before cleaning the mess. Fresh air always mean to light a cig, Nayoung knew she had to stop, she was aware.

 

Later, they gathered at the grave. Nayoung knelt down to put the flowers beside it, staring at the picture of the girl.

 

“It worth to go clubbing so I could meet you.” she chuckled, earning a kit from the aggressive girl behind her. Even if she got hit, Heehyun knew she was right. Two years before, after her parents passed out in this car accident, Nayoung decided to end her life with alcohol. Drinking until she could, her mind was unstable so she ended up to get a random girl, who was Chaeyeon. At this time, when Heehyun found them, she beat her up in the street. Of course, Chaeyeon wouldn't let her girlfriend to kill someone so she called the ambulance and brought Heehyun along to visit her.

 

 

“Why do you take me here ? I don't have money.” Nayoung burried herself in the cushion.

 

“Be grateful, you little punk!! If it wasn't me, I would have kill you !” Heehyun yelled at her, crossing her arms but quickly stopped when her girl pinched her waist.

 

“It's okay, I'll pay for it since it's Heehyun who make you like this.” Chaeyeon declared, she already paid everything without her girl approval. The latter was grumpy about that.

 

“Yah! She almost rapped you how-”

“Shut up, it was just a light kiss. She was just out of her mind because of alcohol.”

 

Since Heehyun was whipped for her, she added anything else. Chaeyeon had always known that Nayoung wasn't a bad girl when she touched her, she was just hopeless, she need someone to rely on. After that, the innocent girl brought to her apartment, Heehyun was still watching them from afar in case something happen. This is when they knew about Nayoung's parents death and the debt she had to pay because of her mother's company. Chaeyeon suggested to pay it for her but Heehyun was totally against it, she wasn't going to waste her money to someone she barely know.

 

At the end, she finally agreed because of the daily insistance. Nayoung just shed tears and was always thanskful to them. In order to repay them, Nayoung had work with Heehyun in the bar. Chaeyeon couldn't be more happier. Without telling someone about her disease, she just passed out few months after that. Heehyun figured out that Chaeyeon brought Nayoung in their life in order to not let her alone. The stone moved her stuff in her friend's apart, Kim Sejeong apart because Heehyun wanted to be alone. This girl regretted it because she missed the stone. Until now, they kept meeting, sometimes she would crash at her apart and the same for Nayoung. They became really close even if it wasn't easy the first time.

 

 

 

 

Nayoung finally stood up, letting her place to Heehyun. “I will you both. Let's meet tomorrow.” she left after Heehyun nodded. As soon as she quit the cemetery, she received a call from Sejeong. The latter told her about a barbecue party at Minkyung's place. “Do you want me to get you something ? I'm going to pass around the convenience store.” With that, they sent her what they forgot to buy.

 

At first, she wasn't in good mood to go along with them. In order to congratulate the students, Minkyung organized a barbecue. Kyulkyung didn't tell them she failed yet. She had checked twice before being convinced and her teacher was as surprised as her. The worse was obviously the surprise coming of her mother. The latter decided to visit her daughter to hear the good news. Agaisnt all expectations, Kyulkyung had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter