The Story

Happier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[2018/6/6]

A/N: Enjoy the story and don’t forget to leave your comment after. Cheers ^^

 

It was an autumn wedding in the late afternoon. The area faced the breathtaking sunset. At the end of each seated aisle, rose scented candles hung from tree branches. Hongbin stood in front of the chapel with a smile on his face as he gazed his surroundings. He is well-dressed, wore a white suite and silver tie. He combed his black hair neatly and he was more than ready to attend the important ceremony in his life. He checked his outfit, making sure there is no malfunction on it.

Hongbin then slowly touched his chest before took a deep breath. He tried to control the fast throbs inside his heart. “Everything will be alright. Yes, Lee Hongbin. You can handle it,” he told himself.

Some of the guest started to notice his presence then decided to give their greetings. He formed a warm smile on his face, Hongbin greet them back— he made them believes that he is one of the happiest man on Earth right now.

“Have you meet her?” one of the guest, was asking the prestigious question that successfully made Hongbin remembering his previous anxiety.

“Yes, I’ll meet her, so soon...” this time, a confident smile curved on his lips as he excused himself.

Still with wild throbs inside his heart, he started to step inside the chapel to see a small group of close family, close friends, and Jellyfish staffs dressed in dresses and suit.

“Hongbin!! Congratulations!” It was Seo In Guk, his senior that being the first person to shake his hand.

“Thank you, hyung— Oops,” after Hongbin releasing his hand from the eldest, a person suddenly attack him with a hug.

“Congratulations, Hanzo. I’m so happy for you,”

Hongbin smiles when he found it was B1A4’s maknae and also his Overwatch partner, Gongchan that did it. He nodded his head and his smile grew wider when one by one, his friends showering him with happy greetings. He even let out a cheeky laugh when his group chat’ friends, EXO’ Suho and BTS’ V started to threw some random jokes at him.

Hongbin has known as one of the savage members of their group. The eldest members, N and Leo are always being the ‘victim’ of his sharp mouth. But since he met her, his sense of humor is getting hilarious. She always laughs a lot whenever they were together and it made him happy.

But his smile slowly vanished when he captures BTS Jin and B1A4 Sandeul presences. They were standing together with the others, near him. But unlike the others, both of them didn’t cheers at him. Jin only curled a thin smile on his face when Hongbin caught him in his gaze. Meanwhile, Sandeul was only nodded his head at ’ best friend.

Hongbin needs 5 seconds before his attention got distracted by bunch of girls’ arrival on that place. They are her friends—her group members, Apink. The smile on Hongbin’s face bloomed again, when he sees how happy they are. As soon as they entering the chapel, he walked toward them and greets them warmly.

“Hey girls,”

“Oh my God! Hongbin oppa, is it really you?” Kim Namjoo, the nosy member—like she ever mention to him before, gasped in amazement when saw his presence.

“Y-yes. Is there something wrong in my face?” Hongbin cupped his cheeks with his palms.

“No, nothing wrong with your face,” Naeun was quickly correcting his words. “You’re just—“

“Handsome and hot,” Bomi cutted the younger words, and it successfully make Hongbin flustered.

“Ah, really?” he looked down to hide his blushing cheeks. “Thank you. You girls look so gorgeous too.”

“Where’s Eunji? Is she still in the bride room? Did you meet her already?” Hayoung shot him with endless question marks and she earns a nudge from the leader as result.

“It’s okay,” Hongbin said as he looked down. He missed the glares from Apink unnie-line at the maknae.

“We’re sure she looks so pretty. We will go to visit her now,” Chorong bowed politely before she leads her member toward the bride room.

He looked up to see the girls were cheering happily on their way to meet their lovely member. Another smile formed on Hongbin’s face, so thin yet so small. A glimpse of happiness greets his chest as he’s wondering how beautiful she is now. He never adores a girl that as gorgeous as her. For him, she is the most attractive woman he had ever known.

Everyone knows Lee Hongbin is used to be awkward whenever it comes to the girls. He ever admitted that he prefer to hang out or playing games with male friends, because it made him more comfortable. But it was different when he was with her. She is special for him. He once admitted it.

He remembers when the first day he met her. He met her on ‘Reply 1997’ set, when Vixx made a visit for Seo In Guk on 2012. She didn’t have a sculpted figure which was twine-thin, but her crescent shaped eyebrows inclined slightly as she saw him staring at her. Her eyelashes of velvet-black blinked once slowly, as if to invite him over. When Hongbin came closer, he noticed her small nose. She didn’t have a perfect shape nose like other girls has, but for him, hers is cute enough to distract his attention more. It was love at first sight. Her luminous, heavenly-white teeth flashed as she saw him handing Vixx debut single album to her. The next thing that caught his eyes on her is her hair. Her hair was midnight-black and it flowed over her shoulder, and when his eyes met hers, his heart started to thump awkwardly. She has pair crystal black eyes that perfectly match with her cherry red lips. As they started to talk, Lee Hongbin can’t stop for not adoring her personality. She may not have had a soft voice like Ariana Grande or Ellie Goulding. She may not wear retro clothes or glamour dress, but her presence was just enough to mesmerize him. Hongbin once frowned when she said they born in the same year.

“Greet me as soon as we meet at the music show, 93line mates!” she raised a hand, asking for high-five to him and Ravi right when they bid farewell. They just knew each other less than an hour, but she already act like she know them for a long time ago. Without hesitation, Ravi was clapping his hand with hers while Hongbin followed later. “Good luck for your debut guys. Fighting!” she curled her lips upward, showing something that Hongbin finally admits as the best part of her – the eye-smile. It successfully has captured the heart of him. In his opinion, her eye smile matches with her bright personality as well and it made him wanted to know her more.

*

As it was destined, they met in a backstage of ‘Full House’ musical. She casted along with , Leo in the drama musical and Vixx members happened to give their support to the main vocalist. “We meet again, Eunji sunbaenim,” Hongbin bravely broke the silence.

“Eyy, don’t be that formal. Just call me with my name. Remember, we’re friends already,” she landed a light slap on his right hand, making a first skin ship between them.

“Ah, y-yes. I’m sorry,” Hongbin scratched his un-itchy back, suddenly being nervous since they just left alone inside the changing room. Vixx were coming to Full House musical first day as they wanted to show their support to their member, Leo. Hongbin was being the first that arrived since he just comeback from his solo activity. He cursed other members for just coming too late to the musical since he came 30 minutes earlier than them. But maybe, Hongbin needs to start to believe that fate was existed. When he just entered the backstage, he met her. She just finished from make up for the musical and she quickly approaches him and asking him to wait for other members inside the changing room.

“You want some?” Eunji asked as she reached out a cola can to Hongbin, but she got a head shake as an answer. “Why? You don’t like cola?” she shrugged and opened the can for herself.

“I like it, but... I’m on diet. You know that kind of drink could destroy your abs,” Hongbin bluntly said and it earns a chuckle from the girl.

“Lee Hongbin, you’re so funny,” she said in the midst of her laughter. Hongbin jaw dropped didn’t get how his lame jokes could make her laugh like that. “Okay, it’s indirect warning for me. I should stop drinking cola or I will turn into potbellied lady soon, didn’t I?”

Hongbin copied her laugh. “Yeah, better drink a cup of green tea latte though. It’s good for your health.”

“Oh, I never thought besides being an idol, you are a doctor too,” Eunji continued to without loosening the smile on her face.

“Actually, if I’m not being an idol, I want to become a veterinarian,” Hongbin suddenly knitted his eyebrows.

“Yah, stop it. It isn’t fun anymore,” Eunji landed another light slap on his arm, the second skin ship that she made in one day.

“I’m not joking. I really wish to do it because I love pets so much,” Hongbin said while showing a soft smile on his face.

“Omo, how lovely! I love man who loves to take care of pets so much!” she beamed, didn’t realize her sudden statement had made the male in front of her suddenly blushing.

Before she caught him red-handed, a voice of footsteps comes closer to the room and revealing Leo from behind the door.

“Kong-ah, you’ve come,” he greets right away when he saw his face.

“Hyung,” Hongbin quickly move his sight toward the eldest, while secretly huffing a relieve sigh. He just afraid the girl will have a misunderstanding thought if she sees his red cheeks. Thank God, Leo just save him in the right timing.

*

Their meeting wasn’t stop there. They often met at the backstage of weekly music show, the awards even at the yearend music festival. Hongbin didn’t waste the chance. Knowing she will always visit Vixx changing room – either just to say hi to Leo or make a friendly visit, Hongbin used the chance to steal a small talk to her.

“Your number please,” it was her, who was being the first that asking his phone number. “We’ve been friends for a year but I haven’t saved your number in my phone. How ridiculous.”

Eunji handed her flipped phone to him. Hongbin started to type his number and hit the save button before giving the phone back to the owner. “No missed call. No random calls in the middle of the night. I’m a super busy idol. Got it?” he fakes a stern voice and he got a hard slap on his right chest as a result.

“ you, Lee Hongbin!” she cursed, but they shares a loud chuckle together after.

And starting from that day, the random messages and calls flow naturally between them. Naturally, their friendship grew closer. Both were type of persons that loves to talk a lot. When Eunji started to talk, Hongbin would always be a good listener and vice versa. They feel comfortable to each other already. Hongbin had a chance to know her better and better.

*

And there goes a time that Hongbin thought he will never forget for the rest of his life. It was during the “Sassy Go Go” filming, where N suddenly asked Hongbin to accompany him to the set.

“It’s been a long time,” this time, she opened the conversation, showing her famous eye smile right when she framed his tall well-build body in her eyes. She was spotted sit comfortably on the long wide couch. She got an hour break before she should continue to filming till midnight.

“Yeah, how are you?” Hongbin copied her smile, showing off his deep dimples that become his signature.

“Good and exhausted in the same time,” she let out a slow groaned, didn’t move from her comfortably seat. “Come here,” she patted the empty spot beside her.

Hongbin understood the signal, so he moved his feet to her direction and place himself next

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter