Epilogue

Happier
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soon after the wedding vows, the new official bride and groom left the stage. Jaehwan helped his wife to step down from the small stairs— helping her to walk carefully by holding her hand tightly, while his other hand taking care of Eunji’s long wedding gown while she was walking. He really acted as one of the best men in the world.

While the other Vixx members started to make a line to congratulate their member, Hongbin make a step back. He decides to be the last person in the line and he stood patiently till his turn will come. Hongbin peeks from his spot to see Lee Jaehwan was painting a ray of sunshine all over his face. The main vocalist looks extremely happy and Hongbin notices it, clearly. He then decides to move his gaze to the bride. Just as same as her husband, Hongbin could see her soul through her smile— the smile that she used to give to him. The smile that could lighten up his day, but not until that day was coming...

Hongbin remembered it was a day after her last stage for ‘Hopefully Sky’ promotions. He was sitting together with s, waiting for their turn to perform their latest single “Dynamite” on MBC Music Core. Hongbin was happily chatting with s, together with Ravi and Hyuk, he was jokingly bullying their hyungs till they laughing their off. But a sudden soft knock stopped them. Hongbin immediately turned his gaze when the loud voice of his leader, was calling a familiar name. His eyes widened twice and he lost his breath when he caught her presence. She looks adorable with a white pattern mini dress that showing off her milky legs.

“EUNJI!” N said, almost shouting while make a quick steps toward the petite girl. She curled a wide smile on her face when the tallest approached her.

“HAKYEON!” she cheered as loud as him, while spreading her arms widely asking for a hug. But before they could hug each other, another tall man already stands between them.

“Stop it, you two. So childish,” it was Leo, that suddenly pulled N away from her. N started to groaned in annoyance, while Eunji couldn’t help but chuckles at them.

“Guys, you just came back from Japan. You must already buy some souvenirs for me, didn't you?” she placed both of her hands on her hips, totally ignoring Hongbin’s presence that didn’t left his gaze from her from the start.

“Argh, I forgot it! I’m so sorry, Ji,” Hakyeon slapped his own forehead.

“Huh, what a stingy old man you are,” Eunji scoffed at the eldest, while landed a slap on N’s left arm.

“He lied. Don’t trust him. Ken-ah, bring that bag here,” Leo suddenly call his main vocal mate while pointing a big paper bag on their make-up table.

Ken ran to brought the bag and gives it to her.

“Thank you,” Eunji was showing her famous eye-smile before letting her eyes slid to what inside the big paper bag inside her hands. “Omo! So many Tokyo Banana, argh my favorite Matcha KitKat! And oh, what is this...? Uwow, you guys also bought Miya Shinma's Sakura for me?! How sweet~ thank you Taekwoon oppa and Hakyeon!”

“The Tokyo Banana is from me, the KitKat is from Leo and Ken chose the perfume for you,” N blurted out.

Eunji blinked her eyes since she realized she didn’t have any close relationship with the last guy before, yet he bought something for her. Beside N, Leo, Hongbin that she already closed with, Eunji knows Ravi and Hyuk too since they are Bomi and Namjoo’s friends. But Ken, she just barely knows him. Just a simple hello every time they used to meet at the backstage. “Thank you, Jaehwan-ssi,” she asked while gazing at the guy that already looked awkward.

“Um, oh, y-yeah, I thought girls must love it,” Ken was stuttering while rub the back of his neck.

“You know what, noona?” Hyuk by out of the blue approached them. “Ken hyung spent his time to walk around the mall to find this gift till he came late to the hotel—“

“Shut up, maknae!” Ken immediately cupped the younger mouth with both of his palms. “He’s exaggerating. I just supposed to walk around the mall because I was just too bored and I accidentally found and thinking to buy that since N and Leo hyung keep bickering about what they should buy for you,” he explained, trying so hard to hide his blushing cheeks.

Eunji giggles. “You guys are really cute. Thank you so much,” she curved another smile on her lips.

A pregnant silence suddenly approached the changing room. “Yah, why turns so awkward?” Leo broke the silence. But still no one escaped a single word from their mouth, before Hyuk happened to be the party popper again, showing his ‘savage’ skill.

“It’s because of Ken hyung. He ruined the mood with his random gift to Eunji noona! Just tell her that you want to know her better!”

“Han Sanghyuk, you—“ Ken was about throwing some to the youngest member while Leo and N were laughing, but this time Ravi joined the crowd.

“Hey, hey, stop laughing guys. We already know what Ken hyung true mission was. So, we should help him,” the rapper butted in while standing between Ken and Eunji. “So Eunji, do you mind to make a friend with uri Jaehwannie? Sometimes he can be more annoying than an ahjumma though he’s a funny and lovely man for sure.”

Hongbin still didn’t slide his gaze from the girl from the start. He didn’t let out a single word from his mouth. He was in a seriously bad mood after what just happened in front of his eyes, his secret girlfriend was chatting happily with all of s. He was left alone in the corner of the room, sitting with mineral water in his hand. Eunji and him was just dating for a month, yet she told him for not telling anyone neither s about their relationship. She needs time to make it public, she reasoned.

“What happened? Why are you suddenly making that face?” N asked when he was about to checking his face on the mirror behind the Visual member

“Just a sudden mood change,” Hongbin grumbled, drinking the mineral water and finished all of it before crumbled the plastic bottle hastily.

N widened his eyes after seeing the younger reaction. He secretly was following Hongbin’s gaze before he finally found the reason why. He cleared his throat silently before spoke out, “I bet you get jealous. Am I right?” he asked, moving his gaze back to .

“How could you know?” Hongbin frowned, but the irritated expression won’t go away from his adorable face.

“Well, you’re showing it off,” N shrugged before took a seat next to Hongbin. “It’s normal though. But you should know she has so many close male friends,” he whispered before patted the younger arm.

Hongbin sighed before glancing at his phone. Eunji was sending him a message and asking him to meet up at her dorm. A thin smile formed on his lips when he just realize she still thinking about him.

*

And there he goes, sitting on the wide comfortable couch on her dorm. There was no one except the two of them since the members had individual schedules and Eunji happened to get a day break after her solo promotions ended.

“Bean... Are you mad at me?” Eunji suddenly asked, because ever since her boyfriend comes, he keeps plastered the big deep frown on his face.

Hongbin just shook his head without letting his gaze move from the television screen. It aired the King of Masked singer, where the episode was the battle between “Captain Korea” and “I’m your Father”. The panelists claimed that both were adorable singers and it made the viewers curious with their identities.

 “So...” Eunji keep talked although she still didn’t get an answer from the guy that stiffly sit beside her. “If you aren’t mad at me, why you are still won’t talk to me?” she tilted her head so she could see his face.

But still, there’s no words come out from Hongbin’s mouth. He seems enjoyed the television rather than her and it annoyed her. Just when the MC asked ‘I’m Your Father’ to take off his mask and revealing his true identity, the television suddenly turned off. Hongbin was taken aback and this time, he turned his face to his left, to find Eunji was the one that press the button from the remote control. He wanted to protest, but the sharp glare from the girl shut him off.

“Is that because of me being close with your members that made you mad at me?” the on point question was startling him. He let his eyes staring at her to find strange gaze on her eyes. He didn’t know what it means, but those stares made him shudder.

“I guess we need to tell our friends about our relationship. They need to know about us...” he spoke out.

A pregnant pause came again till Eunji decided to clear .

“Listen,” she said her face still serious as before but she avoided the eye contact with him when she spoke this ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter