CHAPTER 1

AND IT ALL STARTED WITH A LETTER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON’S POV

GANGNAM KINDERGARTEN SCHOOL, SOUTH KOREA

PARENTS-TEACHERS ASSOCIATION MEETING

3:35 PM

sigh

“Where’s your Dad Jiyeonie?” I said while patting the head of a 5-year-old little girl who looks so sad watching the parents of her classmates chatting happily.

“He asks me to say that-that he can’t come today”

“Why?” I kneeled in front of her staring into her eyes

“He has an important event to attend in the office” She’s suppressing her emotions trying not to cry while fidgeting her fingers.

The first time that we conducted the PTA meeting I ask where her mom and she said that her mom’s dead when she gave birth to her. While her dad is an Architect and he’s very busy with his work. I pitied her, she’s so young to experience this kind of sadness. I tried to contact her dad in the best way I can, meaning. I called, text, chat, email him but all of them left unanswered. Seriously even a single text of acknowledgment is still nothing? It’s the third time already that he ditch this PTA meeting.

First I let it pass because he said that he can’t come because of the urgent meeting with a potential client.

Second, he said that he can’t come because he’s in abroad.

And for the third time. He has an event to attend really?

He’s getting into my nerves! At least make an effort to attend this meeting because this is an important matter for the parents and teachers. He doesn’t even think the welfare of his daughter

“Don’t worry Jiyeonie I’ll talk to your dad”

“That what you said the last time, but still he didn’t show up”

“Aigoo don’t cry,” I said while hugging her gently

“I wish I have a mommy,” she said almost desperately.

 A child like her deserves all the love in the world and yet her father failed to give it to her.

“Daddy is always busy with his work”

“He loves to work to buy you lots of toys Jiyeonnie”

“I don’t want toys I want my dad!”

Your daddy is a jerk!

This scenario breaks my heart. I need to do something. I can’t bear to see her hurting like this.

Think Taeyeon think! You need to do something.

Okay so, calling him won’t work

Texting him won’t work

Sending an email won’t work

What about sending him a letter?!

Right! I will send him a letter through Jiyeonie!

I will do everything to make you attend this , Mr. Kwon!

While writing the letter I poured every single hatred in my heart. I just hope take time to read this.

“Jiyeonie can you please give this to your dad?” Handling her a white envelope that contains a letter in it.

“What is this Teacher?”

 She then pick up her bag and put it inside

“It’s a letter Jiyeonie. Hand this to your dad okay and please handle it with care”

“O-okay.”

“Take care. Kang ahjussi is waiting for you outside have a safe ride” I said smiling

“Bye Teacher,” she said waving her hand and smiling too. Jiyeon looks so pretty and cute

 

*

JIYONG’S POV

 

“Good evening Mr. Kwon” Upon entering the house Ahjumma Lee welcomed me.

“Hmm” I hum in acknowledgment “Where’s Jiyeonie?”

“She’s in her bedroom”

“Did she ate already”

“She refused to eat sir”

“Why?”

“You forgot didn’t you”

“Wha-what did I forgot?”

“PTA meet-

“! Is it today?”

“Yes”

“I’ll talk to her” I quickly ran upstairs to talk to my daughter. I really forgot to attend the PTA meeting cause work kept me up. There’s a lot to do at the office that needs to be done today.

“Jiyeonie,” I said gently when I saw my daughter curled up on her bed. Wrapping her blanket tightly around his body

“Hello baby how was your day,” I said while slowly removing the blanket onto her small body.

“I hate you Daddy!” she exclaimed

“I know and Daddy is so sorry baby”

“I don’t want to talk to you!”

“Kwon Jiyeon”

“You told me that you will come”

“I’m so sorry. I’ll buy you a new toy the ones you like” I carry my daughter whose sobbing loudly “Shhh don’t cry. I promise I’ll be there next time”

“Really?” she said while looking at me face red due to crying “Promise me, Daddy”

“Yes my cutie Princess,” I said while doting her nose “Let’s eat”

 

*

“Daddy” I heard her said while entering my office room here in our house

“Why aren’t you sleeping”

“Teacher Kim ask me to give you this” she handed me a white envelope

“Okay, I’ll read this. Now go to bed”

“Goodnight Daddy” she kissed my cheek

“Goodnight baby”

Even though I failed my daughter many times, she always forgives me easily. She’s so kind and understanding girl. I always regret that I’m neglecting my role as a parent. I feel so guilty and sorry at the same time.

 

Teacher Kim huh.

The mere thought of hearing her name annoyed me. Since this is the third time they conducted the PTA meeting I already expected her to bug me. The previous meeting she called and texted me asking why I can’t come. As expected I didn’t answer them. I don’t want to deal with that oldie. She’s so stubborn. And her new strategy is sending a letter really? This won’t work.

Should I make fun of her?

 

 

 

 

 

Letter 1

Dear Mr. Kwon,

I’m actually tired of getting in touch with you since you don’t want to talk to me. My only concern is that, take time to attend the PTA meeting of your daughter. What so hard about that? She always cries when you ditch her! Stop making promises that you will come but the end of the day you lied to her! As her parent, you should set a good example for her so that when she grows up-

“Blah blah blah” I crumpled her letter and throw in the trash can. I don’t have time to read her letter. She keeps throwing into my face that I’m a bad father! I’m aware of that. She doesn’t have to remind me over and over again.

 

The next day

“Hi Daddy, good morning”

“Good morning to you too Jiyeonie Give this to your teacher okay?”

“Yes Dad”

“Go now, Park Ahjussi is waiting for you”

 

 

 

*

“Good Morning class”

“Good Morning Teacher Kim!” the students greeted me happily.

“So for today, bring out your bond paper and coloring materials. After that draw something you want to receive on your birthday. Is that understood class?”

“Yes, Teacher!” All the students shouted excitedly.

I feel so happy watching the kids draw and the sounds of giggling filled the room. What further excites is that some draw barbie dolls, playdoh, cellphone and other things. The only caught my attention is Jiyeon’s drawing.

While the other kids draw material things. Jiyeonnie is the only student who draws a person. When the students are done they pass it to me and they take their breaks when suddenly Jiyeon approach me.

“Teacher Kim! Teacher Kim” she said while tugging my skirt

“Are you done Jiyeonie?”

“Yes, Teacher here” I get her drawing and then placed it on the bottom of the papers

“What did you draw Jiyeonie?”

“My only wish on my birthday is to have a mom Teacher”

“Why?”

“I always envy my classmates especially Chun ae. They always talk about how their mom take care of them. I- I don’t have a mommy Teacher Kim” She said slowly bowing her head.

“Don’t worry God is listening to your wish just have faith”

“Do you think God will give me a mom?”

“Of course! She will give you a beautiful mommy like Chun ae’s mom”

“Really What should I do so that God will hear me?!”

“ All you have to do is pray and wait Jiyeonnie”

“I’m so excited! I’m gonna pray everyday Teacher!”

“Yes yes that’s right”

“I remember Teacher, Dad ask me to give you this” she then open her bag and handed me a white envelope

“Thank you. Go ahead and take your break.”

I hurriedly went to the faculty room to read the response his dad.

Indeed sending him a letter works!

When I settled down on my chair. I carefully open the white envelope.

“Okay let’s see”

 I scan the white paper and the only thing that I saw is the words “Sincerely yours” and his signature

 I flipped through the white paper and found nothing

 “What’s the problem Ms. Kim,” Mrs. Choi asked. She’s my colleague and she’s teaching in this school for 20 years now.

“Nothing Mrs. Choi Sorry”

So this is how you play huh!

“Class dismissed. See you tomorrow”

“Jiyeon wait! Give this letter to your Dad again”

“O-okay”

“Than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter