The Beginning

Mister Fox Meets Miss Human

 

A loud noise woke up the young woman sleeping in her green colored pajamas. Her eyes flew open and her body reacted immediately by sitting up straight and her hands grabbing her blanket tightly.

It took a while before her eyes had adjusted to the darkness in her room, only a few rays of the moon shining through her not well closed curtains.

One hand had let go of her blanket as it went towards her pillow to search for her cellphone.

The sudden light made her squint her eyes, using the light of her phone to find her slippers and get out of bed so that she could quietly slip out of her room.

When she opened her bedroom door there was darkness welcoming her yet it didn't feel like she was the only one awake in the house.

her lips, Yunhee took a few steps out of her room, only to hear noises in the kitchen.

Just as she turned to walk inside the kitchen, se saw a person crouched which made her heart skip a beat.

She was about to scream out of fright when another source of light made the scream being swallowed again.

"Yunhee, I've been cheated! That jerk!" a voice sobbed loudly, making yunhee sigh in relief before she bend down and looked at the crying mess in front of her.

But without her and her friend's knowledge a body moved out of the appartment through the window only to sigh heavily when his golden colored eyes turned brown again.

"Have you been spying?"

"I was only making sure that girl wouldn't do anything dangerous..." the person muttered.

"What are you afraid of...? That she will eat so much ice cream that she's going into a food coma?" the other person chuckled amused before pinching the pair of ears that have popped out on the head of his friend.

"Stop it, Baekhyun." Minseok grumbled, rubbing his ears softly before they disappeared as well. 

"You're pretending to be a good person but it can hurt you, you know?" Baekhyun spke while his lips a few times. "In these times, what you did was stalking, it's a crime. You can end up in jail by doing it." Baekhyun chuckled before sticking out his tongue playfully.

The wind blew through his soft locks of hair, making Baekhyun look ethereal.

Minseok lokoed at his friend before a soft sigh escaped him.

"Who's pretending to be a good person?" he retorted as he walked down the dark roads.

"Oh? Not even denying the stalking part?" Baekhyun grinned amused, only to get a smack on the back of his head before Minseok walked far away from this playful fox.

 

Yunhee dropped herself on her bed with her best friend sitting besides her while both were holding a cup of hot chocolate topped with some whipped cream and mini marshmellows.

"Haeun, next time you want to come over, just ring the bell. You scared the heck out of me." Yunhee complained softly which made the woman who had been crying in her kitchen pour her lips together, her teary eyes giving her bestie an apologetic glance.

The two young women both nibbled on their marshmellows before taking a sip of the hot chocolate drink, easing their hearts and calming them down.

"I.... That jerk.... He...!" Haeun couldn't even properply explain without getting hurt each time she thought about the guy she liked for so many years cheated on her in such a hateful way.

Yunhee caressed Haeun's head lightly.

"You smell of alcohol, did you go drinking?" she asked worried, somewhere in her heart relieved that nothing happend to her best friend.

Haeun nodded a few times before placing her cup away and leaning against the wall.

"I was angry... I was furious and couldn't cope with what he did to me! I thought I could ease the pain while clubbing." Haeun started to explain, her hands running through her marron colored hair.

"You should be lucky you only got drunk! What if someone drugged your drinks?" Yunhee scolded the young woman she had been friends with since elementary school.

She knew that Haeun liked her boyfriend a lot so she was pretty angry at him for cheating on her.

Though she didn't know the details...not yet, she felt that she should have  a good talk with that person.

"My guardian angel made sure I got here safe." Haeun joked, rubbing her puffy eyes because some tears still escaped and rolled down her flushed cheeks.

"What guardian angel? You're lucky you didn't meet a psychopath!" Yunhee shook her head.

Haeun rolled her eyes and drank a bit more of her hot beverage, taking in the sweetness that could comfort her somehow. She didn't tell her best friend that she really felt like there was a guardian angel protecting her on this horrible day.

 

"You two came back only in the morning." Chanyeol commented, taking a bite from his meat sandwich. 

"We went clubbing last night." Baekhyun grinned, pouring some milk in a glass and gulping it down.

Chanyeol, a tall and handsome young man, looked at Minseok, only to smile lightly.

"What do you mean, we went...? You dragged me there." Minseok sighed, giving Chanyeol a meaningful glance.

The tall young man who was devouring his lunch chuckled lightly.

"What Aren't you happy you saved a damsel  in disstress?" Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders.

"Chanyeol tilted his head to the side as he looked at his two friends with confusion.

"I simply made sure she made it back safely. If I didn't then she would have been dragged away by strangers or have wounded herself from all the falling." Minseok explained with a calm voice but anyone could see the annoyance in his eyes.

"Minseok has been doing that for hundreds of years. Nothing new." Chanyeol said casually, standing up after finishing his lunch.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes before shaking his head.

"Yeol, it's not the same as so many years ago... Back then it was really dangerous and Minseok did save quite some humans but now it's not the same anymore. Now we have to be even more careful of not being found out." 

"Is it?" Chanyeol hummed casually again.

"Yes... Maybe you should try to learn the things of these times. Or you'll become like this old fox here, outdated." Baekhyun grinned, pointing to Minseok.

The older young man gave him a warning glare.

"I'm simply being a gentleman." Minseok defended himself before raising his left hand and looking at the time on his watch. "Chanyeol, it's time to leave or we'll be late for the meeting." 

Chanyeol nodded his head, quickly pulling on his clothes to make them presentable again, patting of imaginable dust from his sleeves.

Wearing a simple black suit and a wine colored necktie, Cahnyeol looked not only handsome but like he was ready for a photoshoot.

His two friends were also wearing formal clothing, getting ready to mingle in the world of humans.

 

"Why do I have the feeling people are looking a tme? Do I have something on my face? am I wearing weird clothes?" Haeun asked as the two best friends were walking on the streets, getting back from their lunch break.

Yunhee works at a commercial company while Haeun is the boss of her own little teashop. The two friends often meet during lunch break to eat together and today was such a day.

"No, maybe you're emmiting a sad aura?" Yunhee joked, making Haeun roll her eyes and fix her hair like that was the problem.

"Not funny, Yunhee." Haeun grumbled, glancing at a young woman who looked at her. When Haeun met eyes with this particular woman, she quickly looked away, leaving Haeun even more confused.

Just what is it that makes people look at her like this?

"It's green, let's cross before it turns red again." Yunhee grabbed Haeun's hand and started to cross the street when suddenly a racing car rushed into their direction.

Yunhee snapped her head to her right side, her eyes meeting the speeding car that was being chased by another car.

'I have to run, I have to move!' these thoughts flashed in Yunhee's mind, but her feet were like glue stuck on the ground. Haeun had noticed this as well, her entire body froze when she saw the nearing cars.

It was obviously green for them, why were there two cars driving towards them and not even braking?!

'Haeun... Haeun!' Like a possessed woman, Yunhee forced all of her strength into her hands to push her friend out of the way. She took a step back but miracally the cars didn't hit her, passing her with just a few milimeters space between them.

She could feel the strong wind making her hair fly up and the speeding sound ring in her ears.

Yunhee followed the two cars with her eyes, noticing that they were about to hit a group of people passing not far away from them.

Wonder by wonder, the cars crashed each other but didn't hit any person at all.

'What's that? Did that person just flick his fnger to make the cars move?!' Yunhee screamed in her head, having seen a man in a black suit standing near the crashed cars, retrieving his finger and curling them up in a loose fist.

His eyes suddenly met her, like he knew someone was watching him.

Yunhee's eyes widened before they quickly looked away, falling on Haeun.

"Haeun, are you alright? Are you hurt?" Yunhee asked, seeing how frightened the poor woman was.

The scared friend somehow managed to nod her head, her legs having lsot all strength which made her fall on the ground if Yunhee didn't quickly support her.

Yunhee turned her head and glanced at where the cars have been crashed, not seeing the suited man anymore.

'Maybe I was seeing things? Everyone just got lucky!' Yunhee tried to tell herself while helping Haeun stand properly and look if she was scraped somwhere or not.

Not far away from the two young women where three suited men standing next to each other, their eyebrows slightly arched up.

"These times are quite dangerous." Chanyeol commented with a frown, placing both hands in the pockets of his pants.

Minseok hummed while nodding in agreement.

"Luckily you were there, Yeol... Otherwise wouldn't ltos of humans have been hurt?" Baekhyun muttered, shaking his head.

'That woman... I'm sure that she saw me.' Chanyeol thought quietly before walking away from the busy place.

 

 


 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Please don't forget to subscribe and to comment!

Please don't be silent readers, thanks ^^

Look forward for more! this is only the beginning as the title says xD Look forward for the interaction between the foxes and humans keke ^^