Secondary

Let's Break Up

(Jessica POV)

As soon I stepped back in the room, I could not stop myself from smiling widely. My tears started to well up as I could not contain my happiness in me. For how long already, I imagined or dreamed of kissing her again. Plus, she loves me and what she meant by ‘let me earn it first’? Will she court me again? But, what is the point if I still love her too. I tried to calm myself first and think rationally. And, I end up with, as always ‘follow my heart’. I am happy and that’s it. I heard my phone beeped indicating that I received a message from her. I had customized a special call and message tone only for her. I quickly grabbed my phone and checked her message.

 

‘Unnie tricked us of 10 minutes. She told everybody 30 minutes. L’ I read her message.

 

‘Then, be thankful that you are not late.’ I replied back.

 

‘I should have spent more time with you.’ She replied.

 

‘You will see me later.’ My appeased to her.

 

‘We are leaving now. I will message you again later. Better catch your sleep so we could stay up late later. But, do not forget to eat your meal in between. Ask for hotel delivery. Be patient with the hotel food. Still send me pictures of your meal later. I will be waiting. Have a good rest, my princess. I love you.’ Her long reply brought overwhelming feeling in my heart once again. Geez, I am feeling like a teenager. So much in love but hopefully not careless. I stared at the last three words of her message. I thought of my reply. ‘Follow my heart’ as I reminded myself.

 

‘520’ I typed my very short reply and send it before I change my mind.

 

‘I know. Let me earn it first. You deserve better.’ I read her reply and heaved a contented smile. I heard someone knocking by the door and I knitted my eyebrows thinking on the possibilities why Yuri come back. Did she forget something? I approached the door and checked the peep hole. I saw a bellboy standing by the door and I remembered the food cart earlier from our breakfast. I quickly open the door.

 

“Hi, good morning. I am looking for Ms. Jessica Jung.” The bellboy asked.

 

“Hello, good morning. I am her. Anything I could help you with? Well, the food cart is over there.” I said and assumed that he was there for the food cart. But, I was surprised seeing purple flower arrangement and pint of ice cream being handled to me.

 

“Flower and ice cream delivery for you, Ma’am.” Giving me a megawatt smile. I smiled to him and thank him after. After he handled me the flower and ice cream, he motioned to take the food cart then he left after. There was a note sticking out from the flower and read, ‘J, thank you for coming over. 520. Love, Y.’ I heard my phone beeped and I smiled widely.

 

‘Have you received anything today?’ her inquiry made me smile more. I decided to a little.

 

‘Nope. Why? Should I be receiving anything today?’ I replied innocently and questionably back. She took a while before I received another message from her.

 

‘Yah!! Are you teasing me, Jung Sooyeon? I checked twice with the hotel management if they send it to you already. Don’t be like that. It was embarrassing.’ She replied after a while. I guessed she really did checked with the hotel management.

 

‘Sorry but thank you, Seobang. The flower is beautiful but as much as I wanted to eat the ice cream, I will devour them with you later.’ I replied and hopefully I enough.

 

‘Yah, Sooyeon, don’t be like that. I did not mean anything when I send you the ice cream.’ I laughed with her replied.

 

‘Why? So much memory with the ice cream? Oh, I remembered!!!’ I replied teasing her more.

 

‘No. I only thinking to eat them once you are back. I could not possible finish the pint. Get your head straight, Kwon.’ I immediately added my message earlier to her. I laughed more.

 

‘Baby, we are here already and about to start. As much I love teasing with you but I have to go. Duty calls. I love you and don’t forget to have a good rest. I make sure we stay very late later. Recharge well your energy. You will need it. J’ she replied teasing me. I suddenly felt hot on my face, for sure I was blushing hard.

 

‘Yah!!! You ert!!! Seriously, you do well today. Good luck. 520.’ I quickly replied shortly. I smiled contented after. I put my flower on the bedside table together with my phone. I went to bathroom and prepared myself for a good sleep. I suddenly felt tired. Tiredness was well catching up and I better cleaned fast and sleep as I looked forward for her come back later.

 

***

“Yuri-ah, don’t you have any schedule today?” I asked her in doubt. We decided to be together after we came back from Spain. She wanted to court me first as I had predicted, but I made a point on why prolonging if we still love each other. However, I noticed she has been very clingy these past few days since we’re back together.

 

“Nope. Why?” she nonchalantly answered me. We’re on the couch inside my office, sitting side by side.

 

“Tell me the truth, Yuri-ah.” I said in my serious tone and she looked at me with questioning eyes.

 

“Sunny has been covering for you on variety shows. I accidentally heard from PD’s and Unnie’s when Tyler and I had dinner meeting at Manhattan Grill. Why?” I said direct to the point.

 

“You had dinner with Tyler? Why I did not know that?” She surprisingly asked.

 

“It was a dinner meeting with a client, you pabo. Did you not hear me properly? It was unplanned dinner meeting.” I explained.

 

“Still, you had a dinner with him without telling me. You are cheating behind my back.” She accused me.

 

‘What the h***,’ I thought. I stared at her if she was serious, indeed she was.

 

“Kwon Yuri, don’t turn the table. Dinner meeting was a business matter and that involves Tyler also. You! I am asking you, why you are ditching schedules.” I asked and furrowed my brows at her.

 

“I just want to be with you?!” she simply stated. At first, it was overwhelming having her by my side most of the time in the past days but knowing that she neglected her schedules for me, it’s disappointing.

 

“I love how you made efforts just to be with me, but work is work, commitment is commitment. Please. We are professional.” I stated. She averted her eyes from me and looked down. I lifted her chin and stared at her eyes once again, but she kept looking everywhere. I frown on her action, then it hit me.

 

“Oh my goodness, you are still jealous of Tyler.” I said, accusing her. She frown back with my discovery.

 

“I am not.” She defensively denied and pouted.

 

“You are so cute.” I said and pinched her cheeks.

 

“I am not jealous.” She removed my hands from her face and tried to stand up.

 

“Yuri-ah, we had discussed this matter and I thought you understood me well or precisely my relationship with Tyler.” I carefully said and cupped her face to look at me.

 

“I know. He just a business partner and a good friend from time to time.” She continued and looked vulnerable.

 

“He is engaged already and living with the girl.” I whispered.

 

“He is always had a girlfriend and got engaged with every girl.” She countered back and scoffed after.

 

“What is your point, Yuri-ah? I don’t want to fight. Don’t change the topic.” I said realizing the table has been turned back to me again.

 

“I’m sorry. I could not help but worry. You are with him almost 24/7.” She claimed.

 

“I am engaged with you already.” I showed her the ring she gave me.

 

“Still, he is hoping to be with you. I can tell.” She insisted.

 

“I only love you.” I resigned with magic words that would shut her up. She reached for her bag and searched something. She took a small gift box and handed to me. She urged me to open it and furrowed my brows once again looking back at her.

 

“Live with me. Marriage is not possible for us at the moment. I am sorry about that. But, I had been thinking. I want us to start and end the day with each other. What do you think?” She asked and I could not think properly for the overwhelming feeling as I took out the key from the box. It’s a house key. I jumped on her and hugged her tightly. I cried after as I felt her hug on me.

 

“Is this the apartment?” I whispered. I remembered our dates and chat this past few days. She has been subtlety asking my opinion on this particular apartment we had seen multiple times. I really thought that she would give it to her parents as an anniversary gift.

 

“Why don’t we find out later?” she asked teasingly and I could not wait to go home but it would be later as I still have late meeting.

 

“So, I assumed, it is a yes.” She stated and looked hopefully at me.

 

“I thought you would never asked. Of course, it is a yes. A big YES.” I kissed her after and I felt she smiled on our kiss.

 

“But, you are still not excuse from earlier.” I said after.

 

“Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I have to go back and work harder. That apartment cost me a lot.” She sheepishly said back and rubbed her neck.

 

“Stop being jealous with him. It is not worth it. If I love him or like him a bit romantically, I would not spending a lot of time with you during our break up and more so, coming back to you. My heart is stubborn, loving you only.” I uttered and she shown her curled up fingers.

 

“I know. Now, go back to work so we could go back early.” She pecked my lips and push me out of the couch. She laid herself comfortably and closed her eyes. I bent down and pecked her lips one more time then stood up to walk on my table.

 

“I love you too.” I heard her say and I smiled contentedly.