Past 3

Why We Broke Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Come over and help me proofread,"

"Why do I feel like you're just using your thesis as a reason to let me come over at your dorm and try again to flirt with me?"

"Since when did you become a psychic?"

"Hey, hey! Eyes here," Yoona frantically called for her attention while pointing her chosen dress to splurge money on (again) plastered on the monitor of her laptop. "Red or yellow?"

"Wait a sec," Tiffany said over the phone. "I'd prefer the red one,"

"It's y, don't you think?" Yoona asked. Tiffany narrowed her eyes at her. "It is velvety, has an open back, and a high slit that goes up until my bottoms,"

"Why are you even going to spend a hundred dollars over a dress that has less fabric?" Tiffany frowned at her while looking at the dress Yoona is talking about. "Where the did your money go? On the sequins that will most probably be removed once you put it inside the washing machine?"

"Can you not ruin my choice of dress for one second?" Yoona sighed at her while murmuring 'I can't believe this conservative woman' and 'stop living under the rock for heaven's sake' in which Tiffany chose to dismiss and pretend that she didn't heard any of what she said.

"So you were saying?" Tiffany said over the phone (in which she almost forgot she was talking to someone) while flatly looking at her newly manicured nails. The rose gold glitters are pretty, she thought. Is getting nail extensions worth it? Because I'd--

"Help me proofread," Taeyeon repeated without sounding persistent, in which he failed because he does. "We make the nicest teas, and has an amazingly tasty shortbreads--"

"That are probably expired," Tiffany cuts through and raised a brow. Yoona narrowed her eyes on her suspiciously while mouthing, 'who's that?' repeatedly.

And yes, Taeyeon has her number.

And yes, they are talking to each other, almost shamelessly flirting despite of Tiffany's known chant on her mind that says, 'do not flirt with him', 'he's an . All men are', 'why the are you smiling while thinking of him?' as she convinces herself that what she's doing is bad, ultimately bad for herself and for her heart.

And yes, she still hasn't answered Yoona who's now slapping her thighs while still repeatedly asking who she's talking to.

"I swear they are not," Taeyeon replied. "I won't let you die by having stomach aches, not until you're mine yet,"

"Goodness, stop it," She puts her arms over her eyes out of embarrassment. Taeyeon gave her a sheepish laugh over the phone. It sounded too manly that it made her stomach flutter in excitement. "I'll come over only to make you shut up,"

Yoona immediately frowned and stopped slapping her thighs. Tiffany removed the cover on her eyes and looked at her and mumbled, 'I'll tell later'.

"Great. See you at four," Taeyeon smiled over the phone (or so what Tiffany felt he did). "I'll hang up now,"

"Yeah, alright," Tiffany said and hanged up. Yoona looked at her excitedly, too much that she's slapping Tiffany's thighs again while telling her to hurry up and spill the tea.

"I'm coming over at Taeyeon's dorm," Tiffany simply said. Yoona almost shouted not until Tiffany puts her hand over to suppress her voice while telling her to shut up. "Why are you so excited?"

"Because you're finally going to meet someone?" Yoona replied, still excited. Tiffany rolled her eyes on her. "And its all because of me?"

"What? Shut up," Tiffany said. "Its not like we're having or something,"

"It's getting there," Yoona wiggled her brows. Tiffany laughed at what she said and threw the pillow she's holding.

But hey, maybe a change is not bad at all.

And maybe giving Taeyeon a try is not bad... at all...

*

"What's wrong with you today?" Sooyoung asked Taeyeon as he shamelessly took a handful of the popcorn his friend brought last night. "Why are you cleaning?"

"I just wanted to clean, why?" Taeyeon faced him as he fumbled the throw pillows in attempt to fix them (in which he horribly failed at). He frowned at what Sooyoung is holding and out of impulse, he threw the throw pillow (the one he's trying to fix) at his friend who has his hands midway to his mouth, holding a handful, causing the popcorn on his hands to spread out. "You dimwit! That's ing expensive!"

"I know! That's why I'm eating it!" Sooyoung said defensively and started picking up the pieces on the floor and ate it (disgusting). "But seriously, why are you cleaning?"

"Stop asking and just eat," Taeyeon mumbled back. Sooyoung eyed him suspiciously but still continued to eat anyway. He doesn't care that much as long as Taeyeon is feeding him, and the food that he's eating is expensive. It makes his eyes sparkle in excitement and hunger. "You'll be leaving at four, right?"

"Yeah. My mom's home and she's persistent to see me," Sooyoung nodded while munching on his food. "Why?"

"Why do you always ask why, you bastard?" Taeyeon laughed and walked towards him. He dragged the pink ottoman (that his sister gave him) and placed it beside Sooyoung, who's sitting at his massage chair (that his mom gave him, reason being is that: 'it is said that it is good for your back, son!'), still munching on his food. "You , it is almost gone now!"

"I'm sorry, alright! Its delicious," Sooyoung reasoned out. Taeyeon laughed at him in disbelief. "You should've kept this away from me and your cupboard,"

"That is, because," Taeyeon stopped midway to grab a handful and shove it to his mouth. "You are a , and you like eating my food, and you are a hungry opportunist asswipe,"

"Hey, that's only because we have the same taste on food!" Sooyoung said defensively. Taeyeon sighed and shook his head.

"Same taste on food my . I don't even know why the you're here at my unit," Taeyeon mumbled as he ate another handful. It's great that I bought the biggest size, he thought. "Why don't you bother Yuri as much as you bother me, huh? Or go get laid or something,"

"First, Yuri has a girlfriend, you don't," Sooyoung said as-a-matter-of-factly as he turned around and looked at Taeyeon as he explained his sentiments. "Second, Yuri doesn't have food at his dorm, while you," Sooyoung repeatedly pointed the big bag of popcorn they are munching on, creating plastic sounds that are too cringy for Taeyeon to hear. "Have these kind of stuff. So if you were me, you'd probably pick yourself too," He added. "And bro, I've been laid already multiple times. I've had enough already,"

"You don't have to remind me that I don't have a girlfriend, you ," Taeyeon playfully punched him on his arm. "Go away already!"

"Did you really clean your house?" Sooyoung stood up and roamed around Taeyeon's tiny unit. He scrunched his face as he picked up pieces of candy wrappers, cinema tickets and fast food receipts peacefully lying on the ground. "Really?"

"It's because I'm not done yet!" Taeyeon said defensively and threw the plastic bag of popcorn on the trash bin. He hastily picked up the pieces of scratch papers and tissues on the ground and threw them on the trash bin. "Satisfied?"

"It's better now," Sooyoung slowly nodded as he looked around, seemingly inspecting every corner of Taeyeon's unit. "It's obvious that you tried, though,"

"Aren't you so genius?" Taeyeon sarcastically replied. "It's four already! Go home!"

"Why?" Sooyoung asked. "It's not as if you're going to do something, won't you?"

Taeyeon was about to sarcastically reply at his of a friend when his doorbell rang. Sooyoung raised a brow at him and narrowed his eyes, thinking 'Aha, so that is why he cleaned. I thought he was possessed by an angel or something'.

Taeyeon scrambled his way to the door and peeped through the hole to see who it is. He saw Tiffany, innocently blinking at the door while anxiously fumbling her hands. She is prettily dressed in her yellow dress, similar to what she wore two weeks ago when he saw her on the restaurant. She has her hair tied up, beautifully glowing in that artificial light, showing her milky white skin and true beauty.

"Damn," Taeyeon muttered under his breath. He turned around and looked at Sooyoung, who's raising his brows on him. "Get out now and go home,"

"Sure. I might be a disturbance," Sooyoung told him as he walked towards the door. He was about to twist the doorknob, only to stop to remind Taeyeon of something. "Remember, be gentle..."

" y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter