chapter 1

our little home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


"Sojung, this is who you are."

It's not...

"Just take the responsibility— accept what should be!"

No...

"You can't run away!"

Stop please... No more..

"Without this company, if we don't do this, we would become nothing. We would have nothing. YOU would be nothing."

 

No!

 

 


In a flash, Sojung gasped as she sat up, eyes wide open and her heart beating erratically. Her hands fisted the white sheets beside her as she closed her eyes.

She felt her sweat drip down from her temple down to the side of her face as she told her self to calm down, chanting it over and over again. 

"Calm down....it's just a nightmare. You're already out of that place." She whispers to herself.


Once she'd regain her self, she notices that the doorbell had been ringing. She sighed as she shifted through the sheets that tangled around her during her sleep as she treaded towards the door.

When she opened, a scream died down in when she was met by an old lady's sharp stare. 

Holy sh—

Sojung held a hand over her heart in attempt to calm it. The old lady looks at her indifferently.

"Omo, Ms. Baek, do you need anyth—"

"Sowon-ssi, tomorrow is the deadline for the rent payment. Be sure to pay because I've got guests to entertain tomorrow. Arasso?"

Wow, rude much.

Sojung gulped before nodding.

"N-ne."


In a flash, the old lady turned and walked away from her apartment without anymore questions. The tall girl shakes her head as she sighed before finally closing the door.

 

Right...I'm Sowon now.

 

She recalls as she leaned her back against the wooden door.

Life has been pretty difficult now that she'd left the mansion two weeks ago. She drove for about two cities, just about father away, before deciding to stop.

So far everything was smooth-sailing. Sojung had found herself a apartment that looked a bit run down from the outside but it was cheap so why not? Despite the rude old landlord coming up knocking and ring on your doorbell early in the morning reminding for the payment for the rent, for the most part it was just peachy. 

Financial-wise, Sojung went and got herself a job at a local bakery somewhere along the neighborhood. The cash she had originally brought with her could practically last her for the next two weeks but she wanted to be ready and have extra money on hand in case.


"Guess I'll keep having those instant ramyun cups." 

Sojung closes her eyes at the thought. 

"To think I'm actually starting to miss not having to worry about finances. I still don't regret leaving though. This is my wish."

She ponders before the sound of her alarm ringing broke the silence of the apartment. Sojung sighed once more.


"Alright, no more wasting precious time. Let's just get ready for work."

 

 

 


Work at the bakery was exhausting than what I thought it would be when she'd first started, Sojung had to admit.

The kind elderly couple who'd ran it had been baking bread for about two decades and naturally, everyone had loved it that was why the bakery gets busy almost everyday. 

The store was small, quaint. It was home, the elderly lady smiled when she talked about it a few times.

When Sojung had been strolling along streets, looking for a job. She'd first came across the elderly woman who had accidentally dropped a small crate full of croissants. She immediately went on to help the old lady. 

The two exchanged a short conversation when the woman had mentioned about having no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter