prologue

our little home
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No!"

 

As soon as that word left my mouth, the storm had began to form. The room fell into silence, tension thick with silent and budding anger. I heard mother gasp but I was dead on staring straight in eyes of the man I barely recognized as my father.

 

The beating of my heart never stopped pacing, my jaw set and teeth grit. God, I was scared, but my resolve was absolute.

 

"Kim Sojung! Don't raise your voice at your father!" 

 

Mother's high pitched voice yelled but I spared her no glance. My knuckles grew white with how tight I had clenched my fists.

 

"No, I'm not going to do it!" I said once again, finally feeling a surge of confidence flow through me.

 

Father stood up in a flash, the chair's legs screeching back at the sudden movement, and slammed his palms unto the wooden desk. The loud thud made me flinch but I still stood strong.

 

"Yes, you will!" His loud voice booming around the room.

 

He probably hadn't expected this, that his daughter would deny and disown their family name. I was always compliant to his decisions, constantly did whatever I had to do to become the perfect heir to the throne.

 

Yes, I did acquired the skills and took in the knowledge to become one. I loved my family and wanted to be the one to make them proud after my big brother, who was the first heir, had left and disappeared without a trace after telling me that he didn't want to be tied down and wanted to be free. I was blind then, but now my eyes are opened and I could see the disgusting colors that bathed in the name of this family. 

 

"I won't! You can't make me!"

 

"You have no choice! You are the heir to the company, there is no option to refuse!" He refuted, pointing a slightly chubby finger to me.

 

"Father, I refuse to become a helpless pawn for this company. I don't want this!"

 

"Sojung, this business has been here for generations into our family!" Mother said, moving towards me. "Your grandfather passed this responsibilty to you when he died!"

 

I felt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter