Chapter Three

Savior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung was in deep slumber when her phone started to ring. She groaned and ruffled her hair in frustration, her sleep was been disturbed by someone but she still reached up for her phone and checked who's calling her in 3 am. She was confused when she saw the caller is Sooyoung, Mina's roommate. Why would Mina's roommate will call her at 3 in the morning- well, unless something happened to Mina. With that thought, she immediately pressed the accept button.

 

"Hello?" She greeted, still thinking of what must happened to her bestfriend.

 

"Chaeyoung-ah, i'm sorry for bothering you in this hour... Mina is missing. She didnt came home last night and i'm already panicking here, she doesnt stay late outside especially at night." Sooyoung said, you can tell that she's panicking and worried about Mina now. Chaeyoung instantly sat up, her whole body is shaking in fear. Like Sooyoung said, Mina doesnt stay late outside at night, she's already at home around 7-8 pm. So this is unusual, Mina will do anything just to go home, and if she's staying a little bit late, she will text Chaeyoung and Sooyoung about it. But they got no texts from Mina.

 

The cub quickly stood up from her bed and dashed out of her room. "W-What do you mean she's not h-home? I-I walked her at the bus station before i went home." Chaeyoung said, shuttering, her lips are trembling. She immediately wore her coat and went outside. "I dont know too. She didnt came home, i've been trying to contact her since 9 and she doesnt answer, i texted her also but she wont reply. Chaeyoung-ah, i dont know what to do, Mina- she-" Chaeyoung heard a sob on the other line. She cussed under her breath and got on her mountain bike.

 

"Dont worry, Sooyoung unnie. I'll try to find her, maybe she fell asleep at the park's bench or something. I'll just text you if you need to call for other's help. For now, try to call her again, hmm. Also dont cry or panic." The cub said softly, calming the other girl in the line. When Sooyoung answered yes, she hung up and putted her phone at the pocket before dashing off to the park using her bike.

 

"This is your fault Son Chaeyoung, you stupid . You knew that your bestfried is fragile but still snapped at her like that, you ing fool. Now, you must've been hurted her feelings and decided not to go home." Chaeyoung hissed, blaming herself for Mina's disappearance. She's just thinking how fool she is and where can she possible see Mina in the whole ride. When she reached the park, she immediately got off, not minding the bike and just threw it there at the parking lot, Mina's missing and she's more important than her bike.

 

She ran around the park, always looking left and right hoping she can spot Mina but she didnt see her. She's tired and her legs are getting jelly from all of the runs but she ignored it and continued running around. She also started to shout Mina's name but there's no Mina called for her name and tell her that she's fine with her signature gummy smile.

 

Eventually, her legs failed her and collapsed at the middle of the park, good thing there's no people strolling around at the park in 3 am. And that moment, she cried. Taking all the blame of Mina's disappearance. She cried like a baby at the park in 3 am. She didnt cried hard like this in her whole life. When she got robbed, she cried for a few minutes, When her grandfather died, she just cried like an adult, but When it comes to Mina, she cried like its already end of the world. And the funny thing is, Mina is just missing for just 6 hours and maybe the penguin stayed over a friend's house and her phone died so she didnt inform her and her roommate. And she told Sooyoung not to cry or panic, but who's crying now?

 

She covered her face with her hands and sobs harder. Then her phone rings. She stopped sobbing but tears continued flowing from her eyes and didnt stopped sniffing. She wiped some tears from her face before answering the call, "Chaeyoung... Is she there?" Sooyoung asked and Chaeyoung doesnt know what to answer. Sooyoung is also worried as heck and hoping that she will find Mina. She didnt responded and started to sob, but quietly this time.

 

Sooyoung sighed deeply and massaged her temples, Chaeyoung is crying, so the answer is no. "Just, calm down Chaeyoung. I'll call Jungeun, Sana, and Hyunjin to help us find her. Please dont cry, i'm about to cry again. We'll pick you up there soon." Sooyoung said and hung up. Chaeyoung dropped the phone at the ground and sobs there while kneeling at the hard, and cold ground.

 

 

It took 10 minutes to the four girls to arrive at the park. Sooyoung immediately found Chaeyoung and walked closer to her. The taller girl kneeled down beside Chaeyoung and patted her shoulders. "Yah, dont cry like that, i cried earlier but not bad as you. When Mina saw your state, she will laugh at you and say that she's fine and why are you crying like a baby." Sooyoung joked hoping it will cheer the cub up but Chaeyoung continued sobbing. She saw Jungeun walking towards them.

 

Jungeun told that Chaeyoung's bike is already set at the pick-up and need to go, they will drive around the area to find Mina. The cub calmed down a bit and tried to stand up but her legs failed her again and almost stumble foward if Sooyoung didnt caught her weak body. Jungeun also helped Chaeyoung to walk until they reached the car. Sana immediately ran towards Chaeyoung and checked her if she's okay. When they got inside the car, they immediately drove away from the park. Sana, Hyunjin, and Chaeyoung are sitting at the back. Chaeyoung is in the middle. Sana just hugged her and comforted the smaller girl in the whole ride while Hyunjin sometimes check Chaeyoung if she's doing fine and pat her back time to time.

 

They drove around for two hours until they decided that continue it later and have a rest. Chaeyoung immediately complains and insisted to find Mina. It took 30 minutes to convince Chaeyoung and when she finally said 'fine', they went home.

 

 

 

Mina slowly op

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter