The arrival

Moving to Korea

The plane had just landed, it was dark past midnight by now. It was warm outside, with a cooling breeze. It’s to be expected it was a summer night, the city lights were beautiful in the night. The flight to Krea was long but I was happy to be here finally after years of wanting to visit the country and learn about the culture, it’s freeing to finally be able to experience this. As I was walking from the plain to the luggage collection I was looking at the sings to find my way.

Thunk… suddenly I’m on the floor with a weight on top of me, as I look up I see the most beautiful face that I have ever seen in my life. However it’s a face that I recognise, I’ve seen her before, on the internet. This must be what heaven looks like, she is as beautiful and graceful as an angle no like a goddess. My face flushes as she gets off me and starts faffing over me and apologising for bumping into me.

“It’s okay, I was happy that you fell on me and not on some creep,” I say with a smile to try an ease her worry. “Are you okay, did you get hurt?”

“Well I had a soft fall thanks to you, I’m sorry I should’ve been more carefully.” The most magnificent smile lights up her face as she chuckles her reply. She truly is the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen. “I’m Jessica Jung.”

Wow she is modest if she thinks that I don’t know who she is thinking to myself. “I know I’m a fan of your music, it’s truly an honour to meet you. I’m (Y/N).” I reply with a shy smile and she smiles back taking my breath away.

“Well it’s a pleasure to meet you too.” She offers me her hand in a hand shake. She is wearing a white shirt with blue jeans, while the outfit is simple it just shows her natural beauty. Her beauty cast me to shame there’s nothing special about me, currently I’m wearing black jeans and a black hoody I don’t have a certain style unlike her. “Are you here for a holiday? Maybe I could help you out since it’s going to be a big culture shock once you leave the airport”

“Not really a holiday, I’m still going to be working but if the offer stands then I would like help.” I reply shyly, not believing that she is so willing to help a stranger.

“Well where are you staying I can take you there?” She offers, I nod my reply and telling here where I’m staying at. “So, you mentioned you’re here for a job?”

“Yeah, the company that I’m working for got me a job as an interpreter here, but the role isn’t yet permanent as they want to see how I can handle the job.” I reply to her. She looks at me curiously like she is studying me, when she finally makes up her mind.

“My sister mentioned that her group is getting a new interpreter.” The curiosity shown in her eyes asking the unasked question. I slightly shook my head while smiling.

“I don’t know who I will be working with but it would be an honour to work with F(x).” I could hear the admiration in my own voice. We arrived at the luggage collection, ugh I hate this part trying to figure out which bag is your but I don’t have the patients to wait for waiting. It took the luggage about 5 minutes to start moving, wow this is the shortest I’ve ever had to wait for my luggage. I noticed Jessica having a big suitcase, “Here let me help you with that, it’s the least I could do for the ride.” I stated as I took the suitcase from her.

“Thank you, but won’t it get heavy with your own…” She said as she was truing around to look at me. “Oh, you don’t have a lot of things with you.”

I looked at her with a smile. “No I don’t, I wasn’t sure on what I needed to bring so I brought essentials, the rest I’ll buy here as they will be better suited for the country.” I learnt this the hard as I’ve travel I have brought clothing I thought I needed but it was either too warm or too cold, so I figured this is the safest bet. We carried on talking till we reached her car and placed the luggage into it. The journey to the apartment which the company sorted for me took around 30 minutes, we spoke the whole way there.

“It was amazing meeting you,” I spoke with a grin but slightly saddened that this was the end, she truly doesn’t suit the nick name Ice Princess in my opinion.

“Thank you, I hope to bump into you again.” She said with a laugh as she got back into her car. I waved at her and waited till I couldn’t see her car anymore to enter the building. Once I reached my flat smiling like an idiot, this has already been the best experience in my life. Yawning I looked around the apartment and got by bathroom essentials out to have a shower and get ready for bed.

A/N: I hope that you enjoyed the first chapter and I hope it wasn't too long or too short. Please let me know what you think and how I could improve, thank you for reading.