Sympathy

The Contract

 

 

 

     

 

I watched through the small window that I had, the sun was shining brightly back at me. The butler came around quickly with a silver tray balancing on his right hand, giving me a curious look.

"Is there anything you would like sir?" I immediatly called him off, not feeling hungry or thirsty for anything, but I was debating on getting a glass of wine. I had a meeting today so I told myself so many times that you don't want to be light headed while presenting, my butler would always remind me this before a meeting. My eyes started to feel heavy, I've had a very busy week only having about 5 hours total of sleep, including the small naps in my office. Sleep wasn't a big problem for me, but ever since my father has told me to get married I've been very stressed. Love was something I never really believed, those stupid movies where your heart beats as you lay your eyes on that person, who will become your true love and soul mate. Just thinking about it made me cringe, I was an only child resulting me getting all the attention and love, but I hated it. Even when I'm older now people stare at me, like I'm some type of alien. I don't really know what this meeting is anyways, he didn't say what it was about, but just that it was urgent. The clouds started becoming translucent, showing the tall buildings and city lights, the sun had setted resulting with a half moon. A sudden voice snapped me out of my deep thoughts, the butler held a tray with coffee, perfect.

"Thank you." Grabbing the coffee out of his hands I quickly took a sip, my throat has been dry thoughout this flight. My tastebuds buzzed from how hot and fresh the coffee was, the strong taste watered my eyes a little. Finishing the coffee, I set it beside me and lean back in the chair. I was too lazy and tired to walk to the bedroom, so I just decided to take a quick nap. The speakers buzzed as the pilot's voice over came the plane.

"Our destination is 2 hours away, sir." The speaker quickly cut out, I didn't exactly listen to what he said since I was half asleep. Falling deeply in a sleep, my mind turned blank and my back ached from the uncomfortable position. 

"Sir, we're here." Jolting up, my neck ached harshly. Grunting from the excruciating pain, I got up from the plane and walked down the small steps. Security guards nodded their heads as they grabbed my suitcase from the butler, a car with the driver holding the door open for me I quickly entered and started massaging my neck. Damn, why didn't he tell me to fix my position. I bit away with how selfish I was for blaming this on the butler, it was my fault for falling asleep and being lazy in the first place. The pain started to fade away as I started fixing up my suit, the abrumptly stopped catching my attention. Leaning out to the window I spotted a man jumping out of his window with a dog, turning away with a faint chuckle from how stupid it looked the driver broke the silence.

"Look, there's somebody chasing him." Quickly snapping my head to the man, I saw another one running towards the car with an agressive expression. Feeling concerned I watched closely to the man in the car, his expression appeared to be frantic and scared.

"What do you think is happening?" The question slipped out of my mouth, the driver immediatly answered with a concerned tone.

"He's probably running away from him, maybe a robber or something?" The traffic jam had ended and we drove by the scene, my thoughts were filled with that man who was sitting in the car.  The car slowly slowed down to a tall building, people were surrounded at the entrance making me think that I was going to some type of party.

"Here you go sir, have a good time." The security guard opened the door and I slowly got up, wiping away any dust on my suit. People turned towards my direction, smiling brightly and some whispering to their friends. The amount of attention aggravated me, walking through the doors two men placed their hands a few inches away from my chest, indicating for me to stop.

"What's your name sir?" The tallest one questioned blankly, answering back bluntly they nodded instantly and removed their hands from my path. Mark waited for a few seconds before pulling the blankets over him, he moved to the very edge. Keeping my gaze on h

"Just go straight and you'll be welcomed by a woman." Nodding back, I walked down the hall, feeling this uneasiness overwhelming my thoughts. Was this some type of party, if so than I'm gonna leave. Not in the mood to have these s on me, the woman smiled brightly at me and handed me a ticket.

"Please sit at the seat number on the ticket, have a good time sir." She moved her slim hand through her chestnut hair while seductively gazing at me head to toe, ignoring her I enter and sat at the seat. A large red curtain covered something behind it, maybe a show or concert. I observed the dark theater, 4 levels above me, this place looked huge. I couldn't see anything else from how poorly lit it was, the people next to me were talking quietly. Leaning a little closer to see what they were talking about, the curtain suddenly showed a man on his knees helpless with a blindfold covering his eyes. Two large men pulled him up on his feet, a sudden quick voice broke the intense silence.

“This man is 21, as you can see he is a very beautiful man. This bid is gonna start on 1 million dollars. 10 okay, 5 million, 10 million, 15 million, 20 million, 25 million, 30 million, 50 million!” My throat clenched together as I realized what was happening, these people were selling a man. My eyes adjusted to the light and I instantly recognized that man on the stage, he was the one being chased. 

"1 biillion!" A voice shot out, feeling sympathy for the man helpless on the stage, I knew I had to help him.

"500 billion!" Silence overcame the bidding, smirking from how everyone was looking back at me with their mouths open.

"Sold to the man in black!" Warmth overcame my thoughts, I just bought somebody and possibly saved them from being or worse. I had a cousin who was kidnapped and sold, every since then I've had this feeling of guilt and sadness when thinking about people going through this. I walked down the hall to the room that the seller has given to me, the security gaurd led me to the room.

"Have a good time sir." Ignoring him, I shut the door and quickly locked it while keeping my eyes on the man. His hair fell over his almost perfect shaped face, I smiled when realizing that he was fake sleeping. The rope from his hands laid on the ground next to the bed.

"You know, you're really bad at fake sleeping." Walking to the edge of the bed I watched closer to his expression, but he didn't seem to give in. 

"Nice try." Grabbing onto his thigh he suddenly flinched, smirking at his reaction he opened his eyes after a few seconds. He pulled his legs close to his chest while looking at me disgustedly, I felt hurt to see him almost scared, but also happy that I had him. 

"I'm not gonna touch you in that way, so please calm down." A laugh escaped his lips, I instantly pulled away and watched as he pulled his legs even closer to his chest. 

"Then why did you spend 500 billion on me, to not touch me." His tone quickly turned blunt and his facial expression showed intense anger. Annoyed from his stupid question, but understanding why he would think such a thing.

"I just felt lonely." Smiling down at him, trying to tell him I was telling the truth, but he saw through it.

"Stop ing lying." The harshness in his tone turned my attitude, anger boiled through me from just losing 500 billion for this who can't even understand that I saved his ing life. Walking to the couch I started unbottoning my blouser with the intense glare eating at the back of my head. 

"You make me laugh, just seeing you on that stage, helpless, made me instantly want you. You're mine, and I need you to understand that. I'm not gonna give you the truth because you don't deserve it." Sitting down on the chair, I felt horrible for letting that slip out of my mouth, but somewhat felt amused from his shocked reaction.

"What's your name?" The sudden question hit me like a bus, debating about giving him my name if he escaped was very dodgy. 

"Jackson Wang, what about you handsome." His face turned a light shade of pink, a grin crossed my face while feeling happy I got a different reaction out of him. 

"M-Mark Tuan, a-and don't call me...that." He stuttered a little, grinning widder I rest my head in my hand while gazing at how handsome his features were. Happy about having him as mine, I've never looked at a man like this and it made me wonder if this was what the movies were talking about. I cringed with the thought and turned cold, I'm not gonna ever think about that again. The only thing between the person and me is that I saved his life, that's it and all that's gonna happen.

"I see you've become flustered, Mr.Handsome." Watching as he turned the pink shade again, he looked away embarrasingly. Mark faced the window, his embarrased expression turned soft, looking over at the window he was looking through I started to understand why was acting like a . It was because he probably did kidnapped while trying to escape, and that dog he had...he might not know where he is. Feeling pain from just thinking about it I looked back up at him, his eyes blinked slowly indicating he was most likely tired. Coughing to get his attention, he turned annoyed and anger grew through his expression again.

"Oh, don't get mad at me." Mark watched me as I started observing how weak he was getting, every single blink seemed heavy. I wasn't gonna touch it that's what you're wondering, Mark. I see you're tired, please trust me when i say this.

"Are you tired? Go ahead I won't do anything, but sleep next to you since i'm also tired." Mark waited for a few seconds before pulling the blankets over him, I waited until faint snores filled the silence. Tiredness overcame me, getting up I quickly got under the blankets. Weirdly I was shivering from how cold it was, moving closer to him I wrap my arm around his waist and spooned him, warmth overruled the cold. Opening my eyes to the sound of the door being violently abused, Mark was trying to escape. I felt annoyed and quickly shot the anger at him.

"You really are just gonna leave like that? While i'm sleeping, you're not gonna escape so easily, I spent 500 billion on you. Remember that." Mark flinched to the sudden question I threw at him, moving up from the bed I started buttoning up my shirt, while starting to get worried about being late to the flight.

"We have to leave, I don't want to be late to my flight." After buttoning the last button, I glanced up and noticed that Mark was staring at me. Smiling back at him I playfully ask him while gliding my hand down the silky shirt.

"Like what you see?" Mark spaced out for a few seconds before his face turned light pink, like it always does when he gets flustered. Walking up to him I lightly grasped at his shoulder as I unlocked the door, making it out into the hall I briskly stood at the exit. Looking back at Mark, he was walking slow, and his facial expression seemed amazed, but also hurt. Being impatient after 2 minutes I quickly snapped him out of his trance.

"Walk faster." Mark shot a look up at me and darted towards me, watching him closely until he was only a few feet away I walked out of the exit where a crowd of people stood. Glancing back at Mark, he was fidgeting with his fingers. Glaring back at him from knowing he was probably gonna stur something up, and run away. He noticed I was glaring, stopping anything he was thinking about. The car pulled up, entering it Mark quickly followed behind, the driver looked back at Mark curiously. The driver looked up at me and instantly turned stern, the car started and we were off to the airport. Glancing in the rear veiw mirror, I watched Mark as he questiongly looked down at his lap. The car suddenly stopped, getting out within a heartbeat Mark soon followed behind.