Human Trafficking

The Contract

          

 

The world consists of millions of crimes of black market, people being traded and also animals being killed just for their accessories. My job was to save and help the people who are being transported and , I knew the danger that is behind it, but the reason I am doing this is to help people and not let the children die. I walked into my office and sat down on the chair while rubbing the side of my neck, I had saved thousands of children only under 2 years and the latest mission I did I had hurt my neck because one of the men hit me with a baseball bat right on side of my neck that hit my windpipe, putting me in severe hospital care. I drank a sip of my coffee and looked over into the other office that had no one in it, It took me a moment to actually realize that I was the only one in here right now. Turning my head quickly to the window I saw that it was just turning night and I needed to feed my dog before 12pm I got up from my chair and made my way to the exit when I remembered I had forgotten my keys, turning around I felt irritated from having to walk all the way up the 2 flights of stairs. Each step felt like my leg was gonna fail me and I would fall down, I finally went down to my knees and arms to get up the last few steps. I was confused that this was all happening to me since I have been out of the hospital for almost a month now and I shouldn’t be feeling so weak right now. I got up the last few steps and used the last of my strength to get up and getting my balance again, grabbing onto the wall as I made my way to the office. Maybe I should just call someone since I might not be able to get down stairs by myself, I don’t fall down the stairs since going back to the hospital is just gonna take up too much time. Falling onto the chair it took me a few seconds to figure out what to do, the only thing that came to mind was to call someone and ask them to come help me. I looked down at my watch and was shocked that, that amount of time that had passed. It was 11:00 now and my dog was probably hungry by now and I don’t want to ruin this eating routine which is perfect. Pulling my pants up to my ankles I start to massage them and angeling them to get the blood flow again, a couple of minutes past and I decided to go down stairs. Pulling my pants back down I get up quickly and make my way to the stairs while stuffing the keys in my back pocket, I quickly grabbed the railing and took my first step. I found it less difficult walking down the stairs and I hated the fact that I was having difficulty walking, I was only 21 and knowing this, it worried me. Making it to the end I stopped for a second before opening the exit door to the garage, there was only my car sitting on the other side of the garage which concerned me since I had to walk a far distance. I used the pillars to give me the balance before actually walking by myself, I stood at the pillar that was near my car and checked my phone since it was buzzing in my back pocket. Pulling out my phone I noticed that there was a car actually on the very dark side of the garage and I was surprised since everyone should be home and I am usually the last person to leave, thinking back to when I was in the building I did remember that I left my coffee on the table earlier and when I drank it, it was warm which is very unusual. Maybe that is why my legs are having a hard time working? I mean this has never happened to me and I thought that it had to do that baseball incident which wasn’t adding up, he only hit me in the neck and I know that there are a lot of arteries and stuff connecting to my brain. It had to be it, I felt irritated again since I didn’t know why someone would get me a new coffee and put some type of drug, then it struck me. The work that I was associated with does have really high drug lords that had a lot of power and such like tracking someone and killing them for revenge. I got all my strength again and made my way toward the car, grabbing the keys from my back pocket I quickly pressed the unlock button and entered the car without hesitation. Starting up the car I quickly reverse and exit the garage without any problem, I smiled and felt relieved for not being dead and not deciding to check around the offices because I could’ve been spotted and killed or kidnapped. I stopped at a red light and took out my phone to see that it was 11:30 now which  relieved me since I would have enough time to feed my dog before midnight. I heard a loud honk and I quickly went back to driving, I felt like something was up because if they were really trying to find me it would’ve been easy since they did drug me and I would think that they would know where I would be heading which is the exit. I pulled in the driveway and walked toward the front door that was weirdly not locked, I knew something was up. Entering through the door I saw that some of the doors were wide open, walking to my room I walked through the door that was already open and my dog was sleeping soundly on the bed, he didn’t looked disrupted. I sat quietly on the side of the bed and extended my hand to pet his head, he instantly opened his eyes and ran toward me with his cute black eyes. “Hey, buddy!”

Embracing him in my arms I kissed the space in between his ears and he my hand in response. I was happy to know that he was alright and the memory of feeding him hit me. “That’s right, are you hungry buddy?” He looked up at me and nodded in a way that made me smile even brighter. I quickly got up and he patiently followed behind me as I clung to the walls to balance myself since my legs were still like this, I really need to go to the doctors after this because I can’t get around with not being able to work my legs. I made it in the kitchen and took out the dog food, filling the bowl I pet his head as he swallowed the food in one try, “You want more buddy?” He my hand and I poured more into his bowl with a faint smile. I stopped and listened carefully to hear faint breathing that seemed pretty close, I felt my heart sink and I was right, there was someone after me. Snatching the dog I held him and shushed him just in case he would start barking, I frantically looked around the kitchen to see if there was a hiding space, my eyes turned to the window and realized that my keys were still in the car which gave me an idea to jump out the window and escape, but the thing that bothered me was my legs. It was difficult for me for just getting into the kitchen, but jumping out the window would put more pressure on my legs and I don’t think that would be good. I took a breath in and remembered, do I want to stay in here and have a chance of getting killed or kidnapped? Or would you jump out the window with having a higher chance of surviving, but also having the chance of hurting my legs even more? I sat on the other side of the counter next to the window and I have decided to jump out the window because I didn’t want to be killed now, Jack was in my hands and I opened the window quietly while pulling the window screen out. Placing the window screen on the floor I get up and placed one leg on the window sill, then putting both I jump out and held Jack tightly to my chest without suffocating him. Luckily the jump wasn’t too high to hurt my legs I jet to the car and also trying to keep my balance. I knew if one slip I would die, just the thought made me scared. I took a quick glance toward the door and saw that the man was running down the stairs and toward me, but he wasn’t screaming or yelling which would make sense because I did live on a very live neighborhood. Opening the door quickly I lightly throw Jack on the passenger seat and closed the door behind me as I start the car, I frantically looked up and saw that the man was running toward me he was just a few feet away until I reversed quickly out and drove 10 over the speed limit. I felt my heart throbbing and my palms were getting sweaty. I glanced over at Jack to see he was also phased by it too, his head laying on his paws. I slowed down and pulled into a corner store with the feeling of safety, pulling out my phone I dial 911.

“This is the police talking, what seems to be the problem?”

       “Well, uh there is a intruder in my home.”

 “Okay, can you tell me what the intruder was doing?”

“I’m not sure, but I escaped by jumping out the window and before I was in my office and I think I was drugged because my legs started to give out as I was heading to my car.

   “We will be on that immediately and can tell us where you are right now?”

    “I’m at the Irvings up the road.”

     “Alright well there is gonna be a officer to ask you more questions.”

“Okay, thank you.”

 “Yes, of course.”

Shutting off my phone I had an urge to cry, but I knew that I didn’t want to at the same time. It is just so hard to go through this of having the thought of not being safe and just knowing that I could’ve died made my heart ache. Jack got up from his enclosed position and came to my lap, a faint smile crossed over my face I rubbed his head and picked him up so I could be eye level with him. “I love you little buddy.” I pulled him into my chest and kissed him another time. The Irvings lights had turned off and I was confused because they usually stay open 24 hours. Jerking my head the sound of a car door closing, I felt my heart beating violently. My car door opened quickly and a large hand grabbed my arm, using some of my strength I punched the arm, but the man didn’t seemed phased by it. Jack starting growling at him and he then started biting  his arm. I saw blood dripping down the man’s arm and blood on Jack’s fur around his mouth.

  “That er!”

I pulled Jack back in time that the man missed the punch, I noticed that the man was black. He seemed very muscular which wasn’t a match to me since I don’t usually work out. The man grabbed my neck, he tightened his grip and everything started turning black, my throat started to burn and my eyes were getting watery. I took one more glance at Jack and tears started to form in my eyes, then everything turned black completely and I had lost conscious. I started to shiver from the cold floor, my arms were chained to something. My skin felt bare and it was so dark that even if I opened my eyes it felt like they were closed. My throat still burned and throbbed where the man’s hand was, my hair stuck to my face and ears. The ground also felt wet, not my urine because I would’ve smelt it by now. My heart was hurting because I didn’t know where Jack was and knowing that he wasn’t safe with me made tears. Why didn’t I just run? Why didn’t I do something? I can’t believe that I didn’t reverse out of the Irvings! I am just so stupid! My dog is probably dead because of me! It was hurting so much that I just wanted to die right there in the room, light suddenly hit my face making me scrunch my nose and shut my eyes. I opened my eyes faintly and saw a man who was wearing a suit, he kneeled down and touched my face lightly.

“You’re a beautiful male, I honestly thought you would’ve been ugly and fat. I’m sorry for underestimating you ~Mark~” The way he said my name annoyed me.

I didn’t have anything to say and it would’ve been useless to talk back because there really wasn’t anything to say. He had to of been someone who I stole from, I believe he was the man that I took those last 1,000 kids from. His finger slipped between my lips and I wanted to bite him, but there were large men standing behind him.

 “Well, I will get you all clean and dressed. I might just take you for myself.”

I bit his finger lightly and he pulled out and stood back up with a swiftly manner. He turned his head to the two men and nodded to them which I didn’t know why, was that their secret language or something. The man in the suit left and the other two men came closer to me and grabbed my hands, they took out some keys and unlocked them. Moving position I sat up and grasped both of my wrists that they hurt so bad it felt like I got burnt.

“Get up.”

Following their demand I get up and I felt my legs were better, but they hurt since I have been laying in that position for a long time. Jack appeared in my thoughts and I had to ask where he was. “Do you know where my dog is? Please I just want to know if he is okay.” It was silent for a few moments before the taller man replied.

   “I believe he is with master right now being cared for until master figures out what to do with him.”

  “Thank you so much.”

I felt a relieved to hear that and I honestly thought they weren’t going to reply back and just tell me to shut it. Who was their master? Was it the man wearing the suit? “Was that master who was wearing the suit?”

   “Yes.” The shorter man replied grumply.

I decided then to stop asking question because I didn’t want them to get aggressive with me. I followed behind only by a few feet, I looked at the other cells that had people chained up in, I knew that I was going to be sold since this place was definitely known for human trafficking. I was helpless and thinking back with me not even doing anything annoyed me, I just didn’t want to die and being sold is better than dying. I know how it is to be sold because I was told so many stories from these small children that were scared and going to therapy everyday. Just the thought of this made my stomach turn and I was cold from me being half . The two men stop and I didn’t notice so I bumped into them. “Sorry.” I blurted out and I backed away.

    “Go in there and clean yourself up, also there are some clothes in there after you clean yourself.”