LAST HOPE

Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"It's up to each of us to make ourselves and each other happy, she told herself.  Nobody can do it for us.  And if we turn out to be unhappy, usually we have nobody to blame but ourselves."

 

"I love it!" Lisa squealed at the top of her lungs as she enters her very own flat. 

 

Manager Yang puts down a couple of shopping bags as he helped Lisa settle in.  "I'm sorry I have to leave you earlier, I have to attend the Parks daughter's art gallery.  It's their second year anniversary and they've invited me over, but Taeyang's coming up later to deliver your car.  You can use that from now on, it would leave behind suspicions and maybe you would be secured from Jiyong suddenly abducting you because he installed a tracking device onto your car or something.  You're never really sure with that man.  Anyway, you can have this day off and just rest.  Some of the other interns can help you around if ever you need anything."

 

Lisa moves to sit on the comfortable couch not really paying much attention to Manager Hyunsuk.  "Look!  Look at me, I can simply just sleep on this couch!  I don't even have to go find my bedroom, it's so huge and fluffy and bouncy and bed-like!  I can bundle myself up in this huge couch like a little homeless lady."  She says as she lays down, sits, and bounces on top of the brown piece of furniture.

 

The Manager goes over to where she was actively sitting down, and scoots her over.  "Oh," he says in surprise, "It is comfy.  Anyway, like I have stated earlier, Taeyang will be coming over.  So greet him properly, he may look like your average man, but that man can do wonders.  Other interns are not around by this time, they're probably down at the company.  I'll leave you be, you need to rest and sleep might possibly minimize that excitement of yours."

 

Lisa grins happily at Hyunsuk continuing to bounce on and off the couch.  "By the way," Hyunsuk getting more comfortable into the couch says, "I saw you with Jisoo last night.  Then you just suddenly disappeared, only to find you bizarrely draped over the staircase rails like it was some kind of clothesline.  But what surprised me was that you were absolutely conscious of your surroundings and you were very much sober.  Would you care to explain?" Hyunsuk raises a brow, suspicious of the blonde's doings and her whereabouts last night.

 

Lisa suddenly stops from her childish acts and looks at Hyunsuk with a guilty smile.  "I… I… " she scratches the back of her neck, looking at her clothed feet and fidgeting with it. 

 

Hyunsuk gives her an impatient clear of the throat which gives her no other choice.  "I actually got drunk.  I think the effects wore off when you found me.  It turns out that I'm alcohol intolerant.  So no more for me." she chuckles nervously.

 

"What?!" Hyunsuk stands from his seat.  "You got drunk?!  But I've been near the drink station the whole night talking with some guests and I've never seen you come back and forth from there.  The drinks weren't even alcoholic beverages.  To tell you honestly, I've never even seen you throughout the entire night ever since you approached Jisoo.  What's really happening Lalisa?"  The way he called her first name fully, made shivers run down her spine.  How he said it was so much like that of Jiyong's and it scared her.

 

With puppy like eyes, she tries her best to gain the sympathy of Hyunsuk.  "I had a bottle of… soju."  Seeing the manager's eyes grow wider she answers quickly in her defense.  "It was given to me I swear, and she had pleaded me to drink it telling me that she would feel much better--"

 

"She?!  Are you referring to Jisoo?  She made you drink?!  Lisa you better come clean and tell me everything otherwise you'll be in so much trouble." Hyunsuk warns her.  Lisa gulps at the threatening tone of the man and the tons and series of questions he had bombarded her with.  She didn't know he was this scary.

 

Hyunsuk sees the terrified face of the younger thus he stops by releasing a deep breath.  "You know what," he finally speaks calmly, "I don't even wanna know.  Whoever had you drink a bottle of… of… soju, or whatever you drank last night, should really watch their backs.  I'm seriously going to teach them a lesson for even bringing a drink of that kind into the company.  But we have the best security personnel in the company, how could she have sneaked something like that inside?  I have to talk to the security personnel then."  He nods.  "I'll get going, don't forget that what I've told you earlier."

 

Lisa was still immobile in her seat, her face still glued to her Mike Wazowski socks.  Hyunsuk observes how quiet the child became.  "Hey," he calls softly sitting once again as he places his hand gently on one of her covered feet, "I'm sorry for snapping on you like that.  It just came to me as  a surprise, and to be honest I thought you were smarter than having to drink something a stranger gave you just because they told you it would ease your problems.  I know this is all happening too fast, and you might still be thinking of Jiyong, but it will all be alright.  I'll always be here to help you out.  Don't think about it too much, and I should've been more understanding.  I'm sorry."

 

Lisa was still unable to move.  How wrong Hyunsuk was in his assumptions.  The thought of drowning herself in alcohol because of Jiyong was clearly not her intentions.  It was Jennie. 

 

She could've easily rejected and could've waited for Jennie to pass out or Jisoo to come back from cleaning herself up, whichever comes first, but she didn't.  Why?  Simple… because it was Jennie.  Jennie, the woman who pleaded with her eyes for her to do this because she was hurting.  And well, Lisa found out that night that she wasn't really able to reject any offer she passes. 

 

Still deep in her own thoughts, Lisa feels Hyunsuk retreat his hand, resigning defeated and stands from his seat.  "I'm really sorry Lisa."  He says before he starts heading towards the door.

 

Lisa, however, now with all her courage mustered, looks his way and sees his back before she finally says something.  "I'm sorry Manager Yang.  I promise I won't do it again."

 

The manager quickly shifts his head to meet Lisa. With a voice so calm he admits, "It's fine Lalisa, I shouldn't have been so rash about it.  I'll get going and if you need anything call me or have Taeyang help you out.  Alright?"  And with that the manager closes the door behind him and leaves Lisa with the flat all for herself.

 

It was during this time that a brunette finds herself heating up to something unknown to her.  Reluctantly, she tries to open one eye but fails to do so.  To lazy to do anything else, with the notion that 'she tried everything', she easily drifts back to sleep.  In that moment, she hears the faint sound of a clicking door and light footsteps drawing closer to her with each passing second.

 

"Yah!" the unknown visitor shouts earning her attention accompanied by a groan of frustration.  "Yah, Jendeuk!  It's time to go to work!  Get your lazy out of bed, and come down for breakfast.  You crazy drunk woman ruined my dress yesterday with all your puking!"

 

Jennie continues to whine at the sound of the raspy voice.  With an impending headache all she could do was whimper as she wraps herself even more into the blanket big enough to accommodate her even if it was slightly uncomfortable.

 

Jisoo rolls her eyes and makes her way towards the dozing lady.  She spreads her arms all around and once she finds the other woman's bum, she playfully smacks it.  "Get up!  Get up!  Get up!  Come on baby mandu get up!~" Jisoo sings as she continues to harass Jennie's bottom.

 

Jennie giggles a bit before she pulls half the blanket away from her.  Sitting up, she then fully takes into consideration the ferocious beating in her head and it was enough for her to wail like an actual baby.

 

"Ah!" she screams, putting one of her palms onto her forehead.  "Why?  Why does my head hurt so much?" she asks pitifully.

 

Jisoo, feigning concern, comes over to sit by Jennie's bedside.  Cupping her cheeks with both her hands and squeezing them, it made Jennie's mouth purse, she says, "It hurts very much because you got drunk last night.  You even went and got a poor girl drunk, and not just any girl.  An intern for crying out loud!  If it were one of the guests, I swear Jennie, you would've died right at that moment.  Be thankful that woman was kind enough to ride with your crazy amusements.  I mean what were you thinking Jennie?  If you have another problem with Chaeyoung, you know you can just tell me without resorting to alcohol… or violent krumping."

 

Jennie removes Jisoo's hands from her face and nonchalantly says, "Violent krumping?  Well she could've just left me you know.  She could've said no when I asked her to do something stupid.  It's not like I forced her to do it, I know for sure I don't force people to do anything even if I am drunk.  Besides why didn't you stop me… or her."

 

"I have my reasons Jennie.  And you're absolutely right, she could've done those things.  But she didn't, did she?  She was willing to take the risk just so that she could help you with whatever your problem was and that's how you think of her?  My God Jennie." Jisoo says shaking her head in disappointment.  "Anyway, come down when you're ready to cure your hangover and tell me about how 'Park Chaeyoung' suddenly became a brand for alcohol."  Jisoo stands from her seat and was just about ready to leave when Jennie suddenly calls out to her.

 

“Who is she?  She's an intern isn't she?  She must be someone I must know.” Jennie rectified.

 

There's an unreadable expression in Jisoo's face when she looks back to meet Jennie's eyes.  With a small smile on her lips, and her eyes suddenly turning dark she says, "She's a woman who shows concern even with a mere stranger, Jennie.  I saw it in her eyes last night and it was something I could not forget.  The way her brows creased together when you cried, and the way she held you.  You were so fragile to her Jennie.  Like she wanted to take away all the pain you were feeling and just have it for herself."

 

Jennie looks at her confused, "Why would she do all that for me?  Is it Seungwan?  Seulgi?  Yongsun unnie?"

 

"You'll see her in the company eventually," Jisoo sighs as she heads back for the door.  With her back facing Jennie she tells, "But I can't quite understand why she had been apologizing to you for an hour or so after getting drunk."

 

Jisoo walks away leaving Jennie with nothing but her thoughts running around even as her head aches.

 

Meanwhile, Chaeyoung prepares herself today as well.  For today was the day the public would know of her fate.  Today marks the day where her fate would finally be sealed.  Unfortunately her fate had been decided outside of her free will.  Like Jennie, she wakes up with a pounding headache but subtract the intoxication of alcohol.  Her eyes had swelled up so bad from the excessive crying, but she could not do anything about it.  She could not even tell her parents that she was opposed of them giving her away to some man she had never met her entire life.

 

Slipping into the bathroom, she decides to take a cold shower.  This way she thinks she'll be able to snap back into reality that she would never be capable of standing up for her own.  The events of last night were still fresh in her mind and it kept playing on repeat like a broken record.

 

"Rosé this is Yoon, the man I've been telling you about," her mother goes on about as she introduces her daughter to a potential husband.  "A man after your own father," the mother jokes around, earning a hearty chuckle from the man who had his arms intertwined with his wife's.

 

"Rosé," Yoon, as he had been introduced, takes hold of Chaeyoung's hand and places a small peck on its back, "It's a privilege to be meeting you, and might I say you look rather astounding this fine evening."  He compliments her.  Although her heart would not beat as when it does for Jennie, he still managed to make her blush a little bit.

 

They make their way over the dining table with Mr. and Mrs. Park leading, followed by Yoon who had his hand wrapped around Chaeyoung's and the Kangs behind them.

 

Comfortably settled in their seats, the two families dine over the courses provided for them by the Parks.  Chaeyoung looks all around and could smell nothing but business going on between her parents and the Kangs.

 

"So Rosé, is it?" Yoon's mother addresses Chaeyoung as she takes a sip of the wine bestowed, "My Seungyoon-ie has been dying to meet you ever since your mother mentioned you to him, but it seems as if you weren't interested as you never returned any of his invites."

 

Chaeyoung gives a small smile, "My apologies Mrs. Kang.  I've been very busy with work lately and was not able to read any of the emails Seungyoon may have sent."

 

Satisfied with Chaeyoung's answer, Mrs. Kang nods her head as she continues with the meal.  "But you could've at least checked you know?  Yoon-ie was quite dispirited when he received no answer whatsoever." she says after.

 

Chaeyoung gives a small chuckle, "Ah, yes of course.  I'm deeply sorry."

 

"Well that’s our Rosé, she's quite the workaholic you see.  But don't worry, I'm sure when they tie the knot soon she wouldn't have to work any longer, and she can just take care of Yoon." Mrs. Park chimes in.

 

Chaeyoung's eyes grew wider as her mother uttered those words.  She was a smart girl, and she knew where this was going but she never thought that a marriage had already been planned for the both of them.  She was surely hoping that there would still be choices to make and she was positive they wouldn't force her into anything.  But then again, everything was unfolding right before her very eyes.

 

Mr. Kang notices the sudden stiffening of the Park's daughter thus he continues, "Seeing from your expression, you had not been informed yet?  Hmm?"

 

"Ah-Ah, you're right sir.  I haven't the slightest clue." she darts her head towards her parents who never even spared her a glance as they continued to devour their meals.

 

"Well," Mr. Kang takes a napkin and wipes the edge of his lips before settling it back and continuing, "Now I am personally informing you.  You, Rosé Park will be marrying the one and only Kang Seungyoon!  Marriage preparations will start as soon as possible, and we will be announcing of your engagements throughout the city starting by tomorrow.  A lifetime with my son is surely not a joking matter, and seeing as my son is very fond of you I can tell that it would be a good life for both you and him."

 

"Oh that would be so timely!" Chaeyoung's mother suddenly exclaims, "Rosé here would be opening the art gallery for its second year anniversary tomorrow.  It would be filled with all sorts of media, we can pronounce their engagement by that time!"

 

The Kangs seemed to be liking that idea as they now had ear-to-ear smiles on their faces.  Chaeyoung was left out of place as the other five of them were too busy talking about how excited they are for the marriage.  She felt like crying but it up as pity would never work for her parents.  She wanted to scream, and oppose of this marriage but she just sits there.  Chaeyoung could do nothing but smile till the very end even if it was not what she wanted.  She resents her parents for having been so selfish and not even taking into consideration her opinions on the matter.  She looks at the Kangs and could tell that even if she rejects their proposal now her words would not matter.  They seemed to be the kind of people who would not take no for an answer.  Her eyes land on her soon-to-be husband who was busy conversing with her parents and could say nothing bad about him.  He had been so caring for her throughout the night, asking her sometimes when she was caught in a blank state if she were okay.  He really was decent as her mother had described him.  But she could not be with him simply because she does not love him.

 

She dresses up and applies her make up, concealing the pain; concealing the fact that she was trapped in a castle with no one to save her.  She walks down the dining room where she sees her parents having their breakfast, not even noticing her presence.  And so without much to talk about seeing as she still loathes them, she dashes out without a word.

 

"Sooyoung, what do I do?" she asks as soon as she enters the art gallery, propping herself onto one of the stools available.

 

Sooyoung hangs her coat on the clothes rack and makes her way towards the water dispenser.  Taking a gulp from her cup of water she then addresses Chaeyoung.  "Chaeyoung, I don't know how many times I've told you this, but you should tell the people involved in your complaints about what you feel.  You shouldn't be here telling me about your problems, because I won't be able to solve them for you.  The simplest remedy I can see is you telling your parents that you simply do not want this.  If they disown you, then so be it.  It wasn't as if they already hadn't done it.  Then there's Jennie.  You have to tell her everything Chaeng.  That way it would lessen both your agony and hers.  She's done nothing but be supportive of you and your screwed up relationship with your parents.  If you can't even break your forced relationship with that Kang Seungyoon, then the least you should do is tell Jennie about it.  You shouldn't be tying her down when you know for sure that there would be nothing awaiting her in the end of your silly relationship.  You've been dragging her down, when she should've been soaring so high.  She's even been trying so hard to please your goddamn, dysfunctional, screwed up parents, and this is what she gets, and from her own lover as well." Sooyoung settles also on one stool as she continues to speak, "To be honest, I was really hoping for you to decline your parents invitation for the business meeting or what not because you know well enough what was going to happen.  And now you even entangle yourself with an engagement, it's disappointing Chaeyoung.  It really is."

 

Chaeyoung hides her face in her palms and mumbles something indecipherable, which Sooyoung clearly cannot understand.

 

"You have to speak up, Chaeng.  You know I won't be able to help you if you mutter things into nothingness." Sooyoung rolls her eyes.

 

Chaeyoung sighs and her eyes meet Sooyoung's, "I said, I love her Sooyoung!  I love her so damn much and I've wronged her too much, but I can't let her go.  She's the air that I breathe Sooyoung, she's… she's what completes me." she says overly dramatic which makes Sooyoung cringe in her seat as she takes all of what Chaeyoung is ranting about.

 

When Chaeyoung comes to a stop about her unending love for Jennie, Sooyoung speaks, "Do you think that's what love is?  Do you think important matters such as this should be kept from Jennie, when it directly involves her?  Do you think love is having to keep a secret from the person you love just because you can't let her go?  Because if you think so, then I'm sorry to burst your bubble Chaeyoung, but that's not what love is."  Sooyoung drags herself as well as her stool to directly face Chaeyoung, "I may not know a lot about love Chaeng, but this… what you call love, is not love at all.  You should have known that by now."

 

"But I don't know Sooyoung.  I've never known!" Chaeyoung exclaims standing from her seat, "I've been living my whole life under a nanny's care, my parents don't seem to care for my existence only when they need something from me!  By heeding to their every word I get hope that someday they'll learn to love me, like how I love them!  I hope that one day they would come to regard me as a daughter and not just some ticket to even greater wealth!  The church gave me that hope, it was everything I had, Sooyoung, and they chose to take that away from me!  And now you're asking me to give up on Jennie?  Other than the church, Jennie was the only one who showed me that I actually mattered!"

 

Sooyoung was taken aback by the sudden outburst Chaeyoung had portrayed.  But believe it or not, this is what she had been waiting for.  To finally see Chaeyoung break down and pour out all that she had been burying deep inside her.  She knows that the weeping woman had suffered long enough, but she can't help her if she doesn't show it.  She needs to know and she has to see it for herself before she even does anything.  Sooyoung hears the strawberry blonde sobbing harder so she stands as well and embraces her.

 

"Shh, I know Chaeng.  I know."  She caresses the back of Chaeyoung's head, "It's gonna be alright.  I'm here for you.  You just let it all out, tell me all that you're feeling.  I'll be here willing to listen."  Sooyoung whispers.

 

All the while, here was Lisa who had finished up taking a refreshing shower.  She hears the doorbell chime as she dries her hair with her towel.  With no one else but Taeyang, the one Manager Yang mentioned beforehand, she keeps in mind to appear presentable before the man.

 

"Oh!" she exclaims surprised as she opens the door.  She was startled to find a familiar figure with silky white hair and a black suit on, standing by her door with two huge suitcases on both sides.

 

"Hi miss Lisa.  I've come with your clothes and everything you asked me to bring over.  The black case contains daily necessities, while the pink one contains your wardrobe and everything else needed for you to walk out in style as what you have stated last night." the man sultry says.

 

"Thank you so much, Billy!  You really are a life saver!"  Lisa takes in both suitcases with a bow of gratitude after and says, "Billy you should come in for a while, let me make you a cup of tea."

 

The man declines, but Lisa wanted to pursue him to come in and after a moment's insisting game, which Lisa won over by a landslide when she used that doll-like eyes of hers to persuade him, the older man finally admits his loss and finds himself in a comfortable flat fit enough for Lisa.

 

"Welcome to my humble abode!" Lisa exclaims as she leads Billy to seat by the couch.  "Here you can watch some television, while I make you tea.  Fancy isn't it?"

 

"Fancy indeed, miss Lisa."  The man chuckles his eyes roaming around until he does as he was suggested.  With eyes glued on the big screen he asks, "How did you even manage to get yourself into a place like this?  Had your charms finally been discovered?"  The old man teases as he switches the channels from one place to another.

 

With two mugs at hand, Lisa takes a seat next to Billy, "Billy, my charms had long been discovered, people were just not paying attention that much.  But honestly, I think this is all because of mom.  I wouldn't be here today if she wasn't the charismatic woman she was.  I wouldn't have been able to set foot on that company and even meet my godfather, well sorta, if she hadn't stood out in the crowd.  This is a dream come true Billy."  She says dreamily as she takes a sip from her cup.

 

"I'm sure it is, miss Lisa.  I'm sure it is." Billy nods as he also takes a gulp from the tea handed to him.

 

But they both know that now is not the time for small talk, so with curiosity getting the better of Lisa, she finally decides to ask, "How's dad?  He mustn't have taken this pretty well.  He was raging the last time I saw him, and even if he is despicable he is my father.  I was raised a proper lady, and a proper lady I shall be."

 

Billy rests his back further into the couch and replies, "No, he absolutely did not take it all too well.  He was shouting at the top of his lungs and raging at some of the maids that they quivered and started to resign.  I've never seen him so maddened, really.  In my two decades of serving your family, your father's never been one to show much of his emotions, so when he suddenly went into his tantrum I'm guessing it could only have something to do with you."  The man smiles further into the distance as he continues, "He isn't evil miss Lisa, he's just drastically misunderstood.  Maybe staying here isn't such a good idea, you should really come back home.  You two need to solve this out together before it gets any worse and you drift further away from him.  But it's your choice.  I know and believe that you love your father just as much as you love your mother.  It's not to late to act on it you know?"

 

"I know Billy, but I can't just come home and pretend as if nothing ever happened.  I can't just pretend that I'm not hurting.  I still think of her, and I still miss her very much.  Barging into the mansion and just looking at his mistress would add salt into the wounds they had prepared, Billy.  I don't think I'm all that ready to face them.  I don't want to torment myself just because I want to prove that I love my father.  I don't want to injure myself just so that my father can have what he wants.  I do love him Billy, but do you honestly think he feels the same for me?  That would be an illusion, nothing more than fake perception." Lisa speaks honestly as Billy listened intently.

 

Thinking of Lisa's situation, Billy did understand what she was saying even if he had not experienced it for he was a wise man.  So with his own reply to which he knew Lisa would ponder upon, he speaks, "He does love you miss Lisa, he's just not good with showing it or even speaking it out, but he does.  If you feel like you're afraid of hurting then I'm telling you now, you really shouldn't.  Wounds will always come and go, they appear and disappear like the zits you had during middle school"  Billy jokes which only earns him a smack from the blonde.  "But that's the beauty of wounds miss Lisa.  The more you put salt into it, the less the burning will get overtime.  I won't guarantee that the pain won't be felt, but you know sometimes you just have to take the risk.  Maybe one day you'll see that you won't be so afraid to hurt anymore, and say that the pain isn't as bad as you thought it was.  Today might not be the day for you to face your fears, but someday I would like to see you battling them one by one.  I'll be there when it comes, you can count on me."

 

"Thank you Billy," Lisa says as she continues to think about what the latter had said, from time to time sipping from her mug.

 

"But might I ask," Billy questions expectantly, "Why must you run away from him?"

 

Lisa shrugs her shoulders carelessly, bestowing a careless answer just the same.  "It's always been just a show, Billy.  His silly charades of having me live like I have a normal life, unknown from the public as the daughter of the one and Kwon Jiyong, only to show off later.  It's demeaning, really.  I'm not some old 1988 vintage doll that he could keep and show whenever he wants to just because he feels like it.  If he's ashamed of me, then so be it.  I don't want to be put to shame anymore than he already has.  Then he has that mistress of his.  What more do you expect me to do, Billy?  Crawl back to the dragon's dungeon and murder myself before anyone even found out I existed?  I dare not."

 

The wrinkled man gets ready to give the blonde a tongue lash, but stops on the last minute.  It was not in his power to do so.  He would just be stepping on boundaries which should not be broken down even the slightest.  Billy gives her a small smile before he really takes into consideration what was happening.  "What about you then?" he asks, which makes Lisa look at him in embezzlement.  In furtherance he adds, "I mean how are you doing?  You've been too absorbed in your father I wasn't even able to ask about you.  Your bruise is healing by the second, but how are you coping up with your father's aggressive choice of words.  I should have been asking of how you've been doing so far, not answering your questions on Jiyong's big baby tantrums.  So… have you been taking good care of yourself, eating well enough to sustain your thin frame?"

 

Like some sort of bipolar entity possessed her, with a big grin she declares to him, "I've never been better Billy!  Like I've said earlier this has been a dream come true, almost as if it weren't real!  They were the actually the ones who allowed me to stay here.  It's timely isn't it?  I get a home in an instant after I leave the mansion.  I'm equipped with water and electricity and I can order take out with the allowance they give me.  I can finally live an independent life, Billy."

 

Billy shakes his head, "You know you have to eat real food right?  I know you're not at all skilled in cooking for yourself, so if you ever feel like eating home cooked food, don't be shy to ask me.  I can have my wife whip you up a delicious course in an instant!"

 

"Really?!" Lisa says excited, "Then I absolutely won't pass out on that opportunity!"  She laughs aloud and Billy joins in the contagious laughter. 

 

Just as they were having a friendly conversation, here is Jisoo who continues to grill Jennie even as they were about to have breakfast.

 

"Okay Jennie, tell me what really happened." Jisoo crosses her arms over her chest watching Jennie gulp down the soup she had prepared.

 

Jennie looks up to meet steady eyes that won't falter unless the truth was revealed so without further ado she opens up.  "I asked Chaeyoung to join us for the ball last night, and she declined… again."

 

Jisoo raises her brow, and continues to talk blatantly, "So what's new?  Chaeyoung has done this a couple of hundred times already Jennie.  Appearing at the most uneventful of hours, only to disappear when you need her the most.  Frankly, I don't even think she's trying to keep this relationship anymore Jennie.  All I hear is Chaeyoung doing you wrong, while here you are continuing to revive what seems as a slowly drowning relationship.  Of course, I could not judge without hearing of Chaeyoung's side.  But Jennie, keep yourself together.  You know Chaeyoung's like that, so why get so worked up about it and even bring alcohol inside the company when you out of all people know that it's prohibited?"

 

"I don't know Jisoo," Jennie reckons, "I don't know what's happening with me.  I don’t know what's happening with her.  I just don't want to do anything that I'd soon regret.  I don't want to sulk around later on and drown myself in tears just because I didn't try hard enough to fight for our relationship.  I don't want to leave her without knowing that she's truly fine.  We've already been through a lot together.  I don't want to make a hasty decision without coming to a resolution that our relationship really is going downhill.  I have to keep fighting, Chu." she finishes.  Her energy diminishing by each second that she speaks.

 

"But you've tried more than enough already Jennie.  I've seen and witnessed the things you do just so you could be able to live up to her parent's standards.  I've seen how hard you're trying to keep Chaeyoung up because I also know what she's going through.  But why should you only be the one fighti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter