EMPTY ROAD

Another Cinderella Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"For to live and be unhappy made living pointless."

 

It was in her third year of university. 

 

The rain had been pouring for days and nights now.  A huge upcoming storm was said to be the cause.  And out of the thousands of people in the city, one particular woman finds herself outside an abandoned road where vehicles rarely pass by.  Soaked as she already was, she does not complain.  Instead, she dances to her own incoherent cries and the unsteady beating of her heart, and just relishes in the moment of peace she had finally found.  She does not run, she does not go look for a fortress where she could shield herself from the storm or at least find a place where she could have some time to dry.  No, she chose this.  She chose this simply because it was easier.  It was so much easier to just stay grounded on the road and pour her heart out, as it had just recently been torn apart, shattered and scattered abroad by a college boy.  The night was young, and so was she.  She could not give any care about what would happen next.  All she knew was that she was there and the rain accompanies her in easing her sorrows. 

 

And merry she went, merry she was.  What had made this woman so disconsolate, she does not know as she thinks it was never even love to begin with in the first place.  Her only goal right now was to get the sickening feeling out of her heart.

 

In the middle of her very own ritual, a car passes by.  At first the driver thinks the woman had gone mad as no person in their right mind would dance in the middle of the streets where an upcoming storm would soon appear.  She was hesitant to go check up on her, so decided against it.  She just kept driving, occasionally stealing glances by the side mirror of her car, when she sees the woman fall to the ground.  Panic rushed through her body, no one would be there to help the girl up.  To stay would mean she would have to involve herself with someone who was probably a psychopath, to leave would mean that guilt would eat her up as soon as she drives away, so she decides with the latter option and puts her car on reverse.

 

"Curses," she says under her breath as she stops by the soaked and unconscious woman, "I forgot to bring an umbrella."  Having internal conflict, she just goes with the flow and gets whatever this is, over with.  She steps out from her car, and struggles with lifting the woman up as she weighs a teeny bit more than herself.  One limb over the other, a joint curved here and about, the unconscious woman was practically everywhere.  So without so much of a choice, the owner of the car leaves her be at first, then opens one of her car doors.  Once opened, she positions the unconscious body towards a straight line, well at least as straight as she could let her.  And she enters her car.  She takes the woman's head first gently and pulls her towards the back seat.  A few more pulls here and there, and the passed out woman was now uncomfortably positioned in her back seat.

 

Well she tried.

 

The next morning the woman wakes up with a pounding headache, and an aching back.  She remembers passing out in the rain, and some random woman driving her, but doesn’t reminisce any further as her head feels like it's about to crack open.  Well, blame her for having been so reckless enough to play in the open rain.  She sits up and stretches, bones could be heard cracking once in a while, and she finally can relieve herself of the back pain.  With squinted eyes, she looks all around and once she sees mosaics around, she could already tell where she is.

 

"Why am I in a goddamn church?" she asks no one in particular.

 

"It's because you were so stupid to be out in the cold rain, you passed out." a woman answers for her.

 

The one who was called 'stupid', turns around and sees a woman with long brown hair walking towards her with two cups of what looked like tea.  She narrows her eyes towards her, whilst the other woman raises a brow while continuing to inch even closer.

 

"Drink this up," she hands over a cup of tea.

 

A small bow of gratitude before the sitting woman grabs the other cup and starts to sip.  The rain was pouring harder than expected that the cold breeze could be felt seeping through shut doors, and was too dry that anything could help her right now, she hadn't even had time to scrutinize the woman and what she handed.  It was probably poisoned for all she knew, but today seemed to be her lucky day as she wasn't now lying on the floor having a seizure.  A sigh of relief could be heard leaving as she sips the tea she was given.  Looking around as if trying to get herself familiar with the new environment, her eyes then land on the woman who seemed as if she was amused by just watching the other breathe.

 

"You have questions, I can tell." the brunette says.

 

Without much of an invitation, and without much of a choice for the other, the standing woman calmly takes a seat beside her.  "You can tell me all the answers I need when I ask for it," she starts off, "But for now I need you to do me a favour." she tells her casually.

 

The woman from earlier eyes her in shock, they barely know each other, and there she was so thick-faced to ask such, well at least that's what she knows.  "What?!" she asks in disbelief, "Why would I do you a favour, I have no idea of who you are, and neither you to me.  I'm my own person, and I don't just do things sass pants people tell me.  So who are you to demand from me a favour?" she exclaims.

 

The other woman looks at her with a fake smile plastered on her lips, "Oh dear, I believe that is what you owe me." she states.

 

"What do you mean, I owe you?  I do not owe anyone anything, especially someone like you." the other huffs out.

 

"Oh but you do owe me." the other clarifies further hoping the woman beside would be fully enlightened, "Who do you think drove your unconscious body here, huh?  Who do you think took you here and took care of you, even allowing you to use some of her spare clothes?  I would've left you in the streets, but no.  I even allowed you to stay in our church.  And trust me when I tell you this place is very much sacred.  So I believe you do owe me." the other expands further.

 

The once unconscious woman was left dumbfounded.  She looks to where she was taken, and she was in a goddamn church!  This is where you'll least be able to find the badass young adult though.  She appraises what she had possibly worn for the night, and she's surprised to see herself wearing pink cotton pyjamas, larger than usual as it isn't hers.  She even sees herself covered up in a warm baby pink blanket which actually helped battle the shivering cold the rain was protruding.  She suddenly heats up as she goes back on her words.  Who was she to complain if she was brought to a church and was changed with comfortable clothes?  At least someone had a heart to take her in even if they could've just left her.  She would've been badly injured right now, or even worse.  But no, here she was, in a warm environment and even given the pleasure of having the best cup of tea she's ever had in more or less months now.

 

"I-I'm sorry." she scratches the back of her head hoping that the other would understand that she didn't mean to be that rash.  It's just her, it's how she is.

 

Fortunately, the woman sitting beside her was too kindhearted.  "It's fine," she dismisses with her hands before she stands.  This makes the slightly shorter woman look up to her.  "So will you help me with the favour?  See, I badly need you."

 

Guess she has no other choice.  So with a nod she accepts whatever fate would come her way, this makes the other girl beam at her.  Probably the first time she's ever seen her smile, genuinely at least.  This makes her smile too.  "What is it you need me to do anyway?" she ponders longingly.

 

The one standing gestures for her to come with her, to which the latter obliges to do.  She was brought to the farthest end of the church where a door led to another room.  Suddenly cold sweat started to drip down on her forehead, thinking the other might do something unappealing to her like locking her up in that room while she was tied to a chair and tape covering .  Just thinking about it made her stiffen as they near the door.  Slowly, she feels, the woman asking for a favour opens the door.  And relief washed up all over her body, as all she saw there were gowns, choir gowns to be precise and nothing else.  No presence of a wooden chair equipped with rope, neither duct tape.  And that was it, she finally has a clear vision for the favour she's being asked of.  A most messed up favour the other needed ever so badly.  No wonder she needed her to do laundry.  White had a different definition for them it seems.  Well at least it's better than being locked up in a room alone.  So without the other even telling her what to do, she immediately enters and scans the wardrobe.

 

"It might take a few days, but I'll manage.  It's nothing I have never done." she tells the one outside the door as she continues to run her fingers through the stained gowns.  The latter looks at her confused.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

She then looks at her too.  Both pair of eyes were squinted and obviously, so clearly, both are having a misunderstanding, mainly because the other had jumped too quickly into a conclusion.  "What do you mean, what do I mean?  Aren't you going to make me wash these?  Isn't that the favour you're going to ask from me as payback for all the trouble I caused you?" she states.

 

The taller woman laughs out loud, louder than how she intended.  "No," she waves her hands as her eyes form into tiny crescent shapes.  "No, we actually have a helper around here who does the laundry.  Before you know it, those gowns would be cleaned up and stainless in a blink of an eye.  I guess our helper just forgot." she clarifies, to which the other could only mouth out an inaudible 'oh'.  "You don't have to do it, but I do have a question." the taller woman then states afterwards.

 

"Spill."

 

When she was sure she was calm enough to utter a complete sentence, she addresses the smaller woman.  "Do you sing?"

 

The one asked the question looks around trying to find out the answer to the question.  Uncertain and probably the most lost among the two of them, she half-heartedly answers, "I guess?"

 

"Good.  Then the favour will be addressed accordingly.  You see we need someone to fill up for a choir member, a friend, actually, who just had a surgery.  Her vocals were messed up because of the operation, and I'm afraid she won't be able to sing for a while.  So that's what I actually need you to do.  We could really use another member of the choir, at least just until our friend heals and her vocals spring back to normal.  Please tell me you'd do it.  You don't have to be the best, we just need someone to sing for the soprano." she says almost pleading.

 

"Okay?" she answers doubtfully, "Is that it?  Is there no catch?" the smaller woman questions quite unbelieving that this was the only task she was asked to do.

 

"Oh, a catch?" the other one lets out an amused expression, slightly taken aback that the woman in front of her would think of anything else like a catch.  She thinks deeply for anything she could find.  A minute of silence before her eyes once again finds the other's, it's as if their eyes already found their places in each other's.  This makes her blush a bit.  "W-Well there is the time for practice every Friday afternoon.  It is an absolute must that you attend."

 

The smaller woman purses her lips together, constantly thinking, probably her schedule the other notices.  "I think I can do that." she nods.  The other smiles another small one, thanking her silently for her willingness.

 

"Great, this is just the greatest!" she leaps in joy.  This makes the one inside the room happy as well.

 

But of course things wouldn't just go her way.  Not today.

 

"One tiny bit of a problem though," the jumping woman who had now stopped and had caught her breath tells her, "Can you sing this?" she asks not waiting for a reply, she skips away over to the organ, and rummages through a pile of papers just under the wooden chair's compartment.  She hands a piece over to the woman.  The latter looks at the piece in fright.  She looks at the woman incredulously, and the said woman could only look at her sympathetically.

 

"Oh, hell no!  Not today!  I look like a piece of , and I'm supposed to sing today?!" she exclaims.

 

The taller woman looks at her in surprise.  She runs to her and covers with one of her hands, "This is a church for crying out loud.  You can't be too loud, at least not when you're speaking in a foul language.  Please calm down, you had promised to do this.  So please.  We really need you to do this." the taller woman softly and gently answers.

 

And that was it.  Game over.

 

"I heard an old, old story,

How a Saviour came from glory,

How He gave His life on Calvary to save a wretch like me:

I heard about His groaning, of His precious blood's atoning,

Then I repented of my sins and won the victory.

O victory in Jesus, my Saviour, forever!

He sought me and bought me with His redeeming blood;

He loved me ere I knew Him, and all my love is due Him-

He plunged to victory beneath the cleansing flood."

 

Jennie stood there, amongst the crowd of sweaty, religious, probably nerdy people, who for a fact had great voices actually.  She was one of them now.  Deemed by society as one of those kids who'd approach you one day, and hand you gospel tracts.  That's her now.  The badass Jennie Kim was now gone, and unfortunately, her friends had been forced to shut down any communications with her now, saying they didn't want to 'taint' her any further.  Funny how things had escalated for the brunette. 

 

She looks over at the left side and finds her 'saviour' singing passionately against the roaring feat of the choir members, a small smile lingers on her lips as she voices out word per word.  Jennie finds herself smiling as well, the woman seemed very kind, approachable even.  But she sure made a first impression.  She looks around her and sees the congregation with their eyes closed and just singing psalms.  The children lined up in the front row were singing joyfully as well, and she feels warmth.  The warmth she had been longing for so desperately.  She might have found it.  She might have.

 

It's been two weeks since she's started this with the woman who started it all, Park Chaeyoung.  She wasn't having any trouble with anything, and clearly she wasn't forced to do so.  She drops by every Friday for practice, and comes back when the most holy day, as Chaeyoung would call it, had arrived.  This has been her routine for two weeks now, she's still getting the hang of it, but she'll manage.  She was after all in debt, and she has to return back what she has taken.  When the congregation leaves she's left all alone sitting lazily by one of the pews.  Her phone at hand, she reads the article Jisoo sent her.

 

"La Kwon are looking for new artists:

La Kwon, one of the most prestigious fashion companies in South Korea are in need of new stylists, fashion icons and designers.  Be part of the thrilling once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!  Come join us, and see how much difference one mind can make!"

 

Then she reads the other message Jisoo had sent her.

 

"Jendeuk, this is it!  This is your chance to finally show the world what you've got!  You better get your out of that church and start planning for the future ahead of you, you know how hard it is to get there without some kind of opening and without connections!  This is what you've been dreaming for your entire life!  Registration starts today, this afternoon at 4, La Kwon lobby.  Call me when you read this!  I'M SOOO EXCITED!!!!!"

 

Jennie laughs at how even much more hyped up her best friend was about the whole La Kwon thing, when it was her, for a fact, who had wanted to be part of that extravagance.

 

"I haven't even graduated yet, Chu." she hits the send button as she gives a reply to the probably squealing girl.  "Besides," she mumbles softly to herself, "I haven't payed Chaeyoung yet."

 

Just as soon as the message was delivered, here was Jisoo calling her mobile phone due to having been so worked up.  Jennie sighs, nonetheless, she answers the phone with a smile tugged on her lips.

 

"WHAT THE HELL JENNIE?!" the older girl shouts making Jennie wince at the sudden intrusion of the shrill voice.  Slowly she puts the phone back to her ear in hopes that the older was calmer now, and fortunately she was.  "Who cares if you hadn't graduated from university?  La Kwon clearly doesn't.  They want talent, and not some dorky brain who can't work unless something comes up.  They need passion and not just some crappy genius who would eventually turn into a jerky know-it-all.  And Jen, you maybe a jerk sometimes, but you're talent!  You have passion with a side of badass, they're clearly looking for you!" Jisoo finishes off.  Minding to put some sort of conviction into the younger.

 

Jennie however snorts at her unnie.  The short speech was inspirational, when you wouldn't mind the insults thrown your way.  But she's Jennie, her ears catch up to everything.  "How could you tell me that I'm a jerk, unnie?  That was totally uncalled for." she pouts even if the other won't be able to see it.

 

Jisoo smiles sheepishly and scratches the back of her neck, even when the younger won't be able to see it.  "I'm sorry Jendeuk, I got carried away.  I didn't mean things that way, it's just that this is clearly the biggest opportunity that could ever come to your life.  Don't you want it?  I mean, I understand it's hell of big company, but this is your dream right here, and I know you'll make it!  What's stopping you?"

 

Jisoo's right.  What was stopping her?  She can easily tell her parents that she'll quit school and grab the opportunity as they've always been supporting and respecting her decisions, it was in their defense that they stated, "She's a grown woman now, she doesn't need to be told what to do.  We were after all just placed in this world to guide her as she grows."  That was one thing she was quite thankful about.  Then school, she can easily go back and finish off were she left.  She's not the smartest but she knows and she's confident enough that she's actually above average.  So what was stopping her, hindering her from achieving her biggest dream?  She is after all just a third year university student with no commitment to anybody whatsoever.

 

"Hello, Jennie?  Are you still there?" the voice from the other line speaks, bringing her out from her daze.

 

Jennie shakes her head, "Ah-Ah, yeah unnie.  I'm still here." she stutters slightly.

 

"Well?" Jisoo asks expectantly, biting the tip of her fingernails as she waits for the brunette to reply.

 

Jennie sighs audibly, one that was clearly heard and picked up by her best friend.  "I'll think about it Chu.  I'll think about it."

 

Jisoo also resigns defeated, it was best to just leave Jennie be and have her think for a while.  "Okay Jennie.  Just know that whatever you decide on, I'll be here.  I won't leave you, but really.  You should just go for it.  If you're thinking about that Chaeyoung girl and how she would react, she might respect your decisions as well, you know.  She seems like a cool kid.  Just don't take too long on thinking, I might be a grandma by that time already." she jokes to brighten up her best friend, she knows it's probably what she needs right now.

 

Jennie laughs, "Alright Chu.  Thank you, I'll talk to you soon."  And she hangs up the phone, not wanting to hear any more egging on from her best friend.  She's afraid to make rash decisions if ever she heard one more of Jisoo's flowery sentences. 

 

She had not realized that a tall brown haired woman had eavesdropped on their conversation, although everything she heard was possibly not at all precise, she clearly knows one thing.  Jennie, the woman she saved two weeks ago had a huge dream.  Jennie, the woman who she knows for a fact had an amazing gift of singing wanted to live her life outside from the contract that bound her in this church.  Jennie, the woman whom she had met two weeks earlier, the woman she had developed some sort of mixed feelings for in the short span of time wanted nothing more than to get away from this place.  At least that's what Chaeyoung heard.  The woman named Jisoo made that pretty obvious.  She just stood there though, well the least she could do was to encourage the brunette.  Tell her it was the right thing to do, to just take the opportunity, seize it and do everything in her power to make magic happen.  But she thinks its okay to not do that, so decides against it.

 

Feigning a smile on her lips, she approaches Jennie in her seat.  "Hey, what have you been up to lately?" the younger girl sparks up a conversation.

 

Jennie's startled by the sudden presence, but relaxes as soon as she hears Chaeyoung's sweet scientific voice.  She shrugs off the question but gives an answer either way, "Nothing much, you?"

 

Chaeyoung gives a small awkward giggle, rubbing the palms of her hand on her dress, "I guess you're same as me."

 

"Hey Chaeyoung," Jennie starts off before any silence starts to create a barrier between them.  She tilts her head to Chaeyoung's direction before continuing, "I'm sorry for asking this but, when do you think your friend would come back?  I mean I know she's healing and all that and it was probably a major operation that I know I shouldn't actually be thinking of this, but it's actually been two weeks already."

 

"Oh," was all Chaeyoung could say.  She'd expected something like this coming from Jennie, but she didn't expect it to be this straightforward.  Jennie was clearly taking it the wrong way as now she feels guilty for asking.

 

"Look Chaeyoung, I'm really sorry for asking such a question.  It was rude, and I know I have a duty, it's just that--"

 

Chaeyoung cuts her off as she started to rant, "No, no, no." she dismisses Jennie's negative thoughts away, "It's okay for you to ask, and I was already quite expecting this already." she chuckles light-heartedly.  "I actually have no idea, the last time we had an update on her was last Tuesday.  Her mother told us it would actually take more than a month for her to heal."

 

Lies.  Her friend had actually already healed, she just wanted to spend more time with Jennie as possible.  She doesn't know why but the idea of Jennie having to run away to chase her own dream was something she would never have imagined.  It was hard to, when Jennie was this sweet angel who turns really cool one second just to be a fluff ball the next.  Somehow the thought of Jennie ever having to leave her was unbearable she had to do something.

 

"I see," Jennie nods in understanding. 

 

"Hey, do you happen to have any plans for today?  I was thinking that maybe you and I could help me with composing a song for the kids next week.  They have a special number coming up, and the pastor's asked me to write a song that would help them develop their sense of obedience for their parents." Chaeyoung smiles as she tells Jennie of the plan, coaxing her with great and magnified prestige.  To be honest, she had already come up with a song as soon as the pastor told her the other day.  She already had written the lyrics in more or less two days, and even composed it's tune right after.

 

Jennie hesitates if she should help her out.  It was a harmless request, and it was something worthwhile too, but she's too torn up.  She finds already betraying her as she does nothing to speak up.  All she could do was open it only to close it the next second.

 

"Oh," Chaeyoung takes sight of the unwillingness of the brunette.  "You have something to do.  It's fine, I can work on it myself.  I'm sorry for bothering you." she speaks a little disappointed.  She stands from her seat ready to walk away as she turns her back, but a warm hand grabs onto her wrist.

 

"Chaeyoung," she calls out in an agonizingly gentle tone. 

 

Said girl slowly turns around and Jennie sees the ruth in those tender eyes.

 

And when she saw those eyes, no longer had she felt the need to go chase after her dream.  It's as if those eyes were telling her not to, pleading her silently.  And it was a message she understood indirectly.  With a cracked grin leisurely making its appearance, she says, "Let's get started on it right away!"

 

Chaeyoung, exhilarated, could not hide her bliss.  She immediately tackles Jennie in an embrace and was no doubt reciprocated.

 

While working on the new song, between writing lyrics which she finds herself exceptionally  good at, she fishes her phone out and sends a message to Jisoo. 

 

"Chichu, I'm really sorry.  I really, really am.  But I think I won't go.  Chaeyoung needs me right now, and I just can't ditch her.  She's my friend after all, and I do owe her.  She's been through a lot, I can't just leave.  I hope you understand.  Besides, it isn't that much of a big deal, I'm sure there would be more opportunities in the future!"

 

She turns her phone off, knowing that her best friend would totally freak out if she ever reads the message.  Her heart feels heavy, but sometimes when she looks at Chaeyoung and how her cheeks puff out, it starts to get light.  She just had to keep her mind off of certain things, and focus on something which actually matters, at least that's what she tells herself. 

 

"It will come to pass," she keeps reminding herself.  "All will come to pass."

 

Jennie drives past the already familiar road, she stops a bit as she beholds the huge establishment across the road.  Up front just outside the building's entrance she could see a red haired man in a fancy looking suit, crowded with media personnel and some of his body guards.  She sees the powerful man enter his car safe and unharmed, and she could not help but wonder.

 

"What would have happened if Jennie Kim made different choices?"

 

"She would have been some big star, shining brighter than her employer.  She would have been designing fancy dresses, and she would have taken part in the pleasure of witnessing each of her designs being weaved into perfection.  She would be travelling the world, marking each city with her name and her name alone, no matter the company.  People would know her because of what she does and who she is.  Jennie Kim would've been a name spread  all throughout the world.  A famous designer for La Kwon, that's what Jennie Kim would have become."

 

Jennie glances over to the owner of the gentle baritone voice who spoke out such a meaningful speech, she's not surprised to see Taeyang sitting on the passenger's side.  What she's surprised about is how the man managed to find her, and how she had not heard her car door clicking.

 

As if reading her mind, Taeyang answers coolly, "I was just passing by, getting some fresh air when I noticed your car, I decided to surprise you.  I thought for sure I would fail but turns out the opposite, but it would've ended up in total disaster if you weren't busy boring holes into Jiyong's head."

 

"I'm sorry Taeyang oppa," Jennie cracks a smile sheepishly as she apologizes.  Taeyang shakes his head and changes the topic.

 

"By the way, I've never seen so much of the media wanting to get footage of Jiyong, what's all the commotion about?  Is it perhaps of his missing child?" Taeyang asks as he purses his lips and points it towards the still unmoving car which had the press gathered round about it.

 

"Missing child?" Jennie questions in surprise.  She'd known of Kwon Jiyong's daughter who was just a year younger than her, but she wasn't expecting such news to emerge especially with Jiyong and his daughter.  "Why what happened to them?  Where is this all coming from?"

 

Taeyang raises a brow, "And here I thought you knew," he mumbles a bit.  "Rumours state that the Kwon's heiress had gone missing early this morning.  Last night, a guest of the annual Kwon party had alleged to have spotted her yesterday evening with her childhood friend, other than that, no one has gotten a glimpse of her.  I don't know with that family, only a few people know of the daughter's face and they were told to keep it a secret and away from the public's eye.  The poor man had started the search as soon as possible, but she still hasn’t returned.  Well everything would have been much easier if people actually knew what she looked like." Taeyang worriedly speaks.  In furtherance he adds a bit more, "If you had been looking at Jiyong closer, you could see the red eyes and the dark bags underneath.  He really cares for his daughter, maybe that's why he hasn't shown her to the world yet, probably protecting his daughter.  He was actually about to introduce her last night at the party, but apparently she just ran off."

 

"Just like that?" Jennie looks over to the car, and if she's not mistaken, she actually sees the dreaded man wailing out.  She scrunches her brows to look closer and thinks that the man resembled someone she had seen.

 

Taeyang gives the car from across a glance or two before returning to Jennie.  "It's either she's rather shy, or she just isn't dealing with her father very well.  You do know where she's coming from right?"

 

Jennie nods her head, her eyes still glued onto the other side.  "That doesn't give her the right to just go missing on her dad.  Just look at him, he's so down-hearted."

 

Taeyang gives out a small chuckle, "Yeah, I've actually never seen Jiyong so...so…" he struggles with filling the sentence with the right words to describe the founder of La Kwon but finds nothing.

 

Luckily Jennie knows exactly where he's going with and answers for him, "So full of emotion?" she nonchalantly states. 

 

"Yeah," Taeyang chortles again, "Anyway, we really shouldn't be here.  We still have a ball to prepare for, you know."

 

"I know," Jennie answers slightly disappointed.  She starts up her engine and drives away to All Stars.  The drive was quiet as Taeyang fell fast asleep as soon as she stepped on her the accelerator pedal.  Jennie was left with her thoughts.  Thinking of what Taeyang had said earlier, but bugged about how the Kwon's heiress had suddenly just went missing.  Possible reasons started to run through her mind.  The Kwons were really mysterious, but the sudden vanishing was what really put Jennie on edge.  Well she understands that the woman was left devastated after her mother passed away, but this was totally different.  She knows who Jiyong remarried, and she was quite the catch.  She was of good repute, no ill word had ever been spoken against her.  So why was the woman acting this way, and why was Jennie so worked up about this.  She shakes the thoughts aside, and decides to just focus on their upcoming ball.

 

All the while, Jiyong's daughter, who apparently had gone 'missing', finds herself slumped down on the streets of Hongdae, still depressed by what the smaller brunette had told her.  She was no spoiled brat, she'd assure you that. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter