Street Lights Painting

Two Person

 

Two weeks have passed and Baekhyun has not stepped foot inside the old building after that day. He was focused on being Baekhee for the last days and he can't help but enjoy it from time to time.

 

Meeting new friends and hanging around with them, he was happy. Kyungsoo introduced Luhan and Jongdae to him, the two were his friends since his highschool days. But Luhan was a senior and Jongdae was a sophomore student, while Kyungsoo is still a freshman. That's why the small guy was always alone but then, he met Baekhyun as Baekhee who was a freshman like him and the rest was history. The four of them have become closer to those days and Baekhyun was really really grateful.

 

One day, while streaming the hallway, Baekhyun bumped onto someone he was somehow familiar with. Those eyes and that tall figure, his voice raised as he remembers that person's name.

 

"Jongin, right?" The man looks at Baekhyun with confusion.

 

"That's me. Who are you?" Aisht, this kid. He still can't remember people's faces.

 

"It's me. Baekh--" Baekhyun almost forgot that he's Baekhee on the outside. head. He clears his throat, smoothly like a girl should do. "Baekhee. Don't you remember?"

 

"I'm sorry, I don't remember anyone with that name." Pabo, Jongin. The man continues to walk away until Baekhyun opens his mouth again. "I'm Baekhyun's little sister, Baekhee. He must've said my name once or twice to you."

 

The man heard the name Baekhyun and he instantly faced Baekhyun once again with eyes as big as it could get. "Are you really his sister, Baek-hyung's dongssaeng?"

 

"That's me!" Baekhyun winks as a sign of how he always greets the young man when they were still hanging out, 3 years ago.

 

"Oh, my goodness. You're really Baekhee." Baekhyun smiles as he felt overwhelmed when the man embraces him tightly. He also missed this giant baby bear. But he's Baekhee and a girl should not be just let a guy hugs him that easily.

 

Scoffing, Jongin broke the hug and clears his throat. "Sorry, I was just... I really just miss Baek-hyung so much."

 

He smiled. "I understand. Apology accepted."

 

"By the way Jongin, my brother once said that you still can't remember someone's face, is that why you noticed that I look like Baekhyun-oppa?" The man glances down to the young lady, trying to figure out the blurred Baekhyun's face in his eyes. He kept trying to focus but still, nothing was clear in his eyesight. Jongin sighs for the first time as he surrenders fir trying his best.

 

"Hyung, told you everything, guessing you also know that secret of mine." Jongin sadly smiles at Baekhyun. I think I said too much. ! Change subject! Baekhyun then thought about Jongin's dream. The dream he's been wishing to come.

 

"Hey, do you study here too?"

 

"Yeah, I'm taking up Performing Arts. But wait, you're studying in here too?"

 

"Yup, haven't really sunk into this Business Management thing yet, but yeah, here I am."

 

"You're so much like Baek-hyung, you know Baekhee."

 

"I get that a lot." If you only knew.

 

Baekhyun and Jongin walked around the school grounds as far as they could continue. The two just talk and talk like there was no tomorrow, laughing and awing on things that they remembered that Baekhyun told Jongin. Well, in Baekhyun's mind, he wanted to at least have someone to know his secrets. It might help him at some point, he thought but then, it was too early to tell plus Jongin was already happy meeting him as Baekhee.

 

His wristwatch suddenly sends off the alarm where he should be in class at that time. And that was the moment he said goodbye to the young man, he stood up and offered the pink cased phone on Jongin.

 

"I'll let hyung know your number so you can just dial it in here."

 

"Really? You'll do that for me?"

 

"You don't like me to? It's okay then. Bye." Playfully teasing the young man, Baekhyun turned his back on him and walks away. But Jongin caught up with him and took the phone he was holding.

 

"I'll be waiting for his call, okay. Tell hyung I said hi." Jongin gave the phone back with one last hug he placed on Baekhee before leaving the latter on the hallway.

 

-

 

Baekhyun was already on his way home when he passed by the art building, he remembered the painting that he was trying to finish a week ago and before he could decide what to do, his feet brought him up to the room where he left the unfinished canvas. The moment he opened the door, he saw the canvas and all the tools he used to it was covered and kept clean. It was like, someone was there to keep things in place.

 

Closing the door, he took his time to be Baekhyun once again and forgetting that he was his sister. He removed the cover off and stares at his unfinished painting. The colors were still there, vibrant and alive. City lights, it was glowing. Baekhyun sat down on the wooden stool and held one paintbrush. He was happy. At least he can be himself as Baekhyun through his paintings. The moment the paint touches the canvas, a voice came to disturb the happy Baekhyun. His eyes quickly draw to where he heard it and there, he saw the man who interrupted him before.

 

"I knew it. It's really you."

 

Baekhyun narrows his eyes and stood up. "Why are you in here again? President, are you stalking me now?"

 

"Woah, crazy. Why would I do that?"

 

"You keep appearing out of nowhere. I might as well call you a creepy stalker if you keep doing that." Baekhyun faced the canvas and tried to focus on the painting but he couldn't. The president was still there, and now standing behind him.

 

Irritation made him face the man once again. "Aren't you busy on something like paperwork and all? Why are you still in here?"

 

"Is that how you thank someone from keeping your unfinished painting safe and alive?"

 

So, it was you. "Is that the reason why you are still in here? Fine then, thank-you-mister-President-for-keeping-my-unfinished-painting-safe-and-alive-up-to-this-day. Happy?"

 

The man nodded like a kid and grins at him but Baekhyun hisses after that. Arrogant bastard. "You can go now, Pres." But the guy never really left but instead took another stool and sat beside Baekhyun. Baekhyun's eyes follow the movement the guy made and for heaven's sake, he might kill this guy for being so annoying.

"Why aren't you leaving?"

 

"Let me watch for another hour. I'm just hiding in here. The council room is still chaotic at this moment, so I don't want to be in there."

 

"I don't like someone watching me when I'm painting. This is a private space for me."

 

"But you're in a public school, so no-can't-do. Deal with it."

 

this.

 

"Say..." The President stares at the finished painting, "Why don't you held an art exhibit. You're really good."

 

"I wanted to, but I can't afford it," Baekhyun answered him as the last of the brush landed on the canvas. Sighing deeply, Baekhyun raised his hands and stretches his limbs like a little kid that just woke up. Yawning and then giggle afterward, it made the man beside him stare at his cuteness. His lips were formed into an o-shape and the man found it really adorable.

 

"You know, you look like someone I know but have a really different attitude. That person is not rude, unlike you."

 

"Excuse me then, I'm not really fond of people like you, so just don't come near me when I'm in here."

 

"You're not the boss of me." Smirking as he looks on Baekhyun.

 

"Fine then, if you will not leave, I'll leave."

 

Baekhyun once again took all of his belongings and fixes his shirt. And as he does that, eyes were just glued to him.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

 

The man took a step closer to Baekhyun and making the latter to take one back. Each step he makes felt like electricity running through his veins. Baekhyun didn't know what to do but to just keep a distance away from the unknown man. But because of how the man gazes on Baekhyun, the place felt too small for him to move away. And there, his back met the cold wall making Baekhyun gasps. As he takes a deep breath, the man caught his chin and made him look directly on his eyes.

 

"You know, you really look like someone I know." This again? Yeah, I know, you're talking about Baekhee again. Baekhyun slaps his hand away and just smirks on that thought.

 

"I get that always. I look like someone you might know, etc. I don't care." Baekhyun pushed himself through the president's body. "Don't follow me anymore, okay?" Baekhyun left as if there was no one but himself in that room. But the man was still clueless to who is that guy he just watched painting. Speaking of the painting, Baekhyun left it by purpose. He can't really bring it home. He might be in trouble if he does, so the best thing to do was to left it in that room. The left man was just there, left alone and just stuck on the painting on that canvas. Consciously, a smile was there. It might be fun to wait for him after a few days. Might as well, do this for the next couple of days.

 

-

 

After that day, Baekhyun had his body walking inside the painting room as a girl but leaving as a boy. He continued this routine until one whole month has passed. And those days were hectic. Sometimes, the president will just appear out of nowhere and would destroy his peaceful concentration on the canvas. But his company was usable for Baekhyun, somehow. And those times would be when he's been stressed out on what he should do next and the guy would just give a hint for another artwork.

 

He was somehow a person to waste some time during the process of finishing those artworks. The president would ask some random things and Baekhyun occasionally answer him, if he's in a good mood.

 

"You seem to like street lights a lot."

 

"Well, truthfully saying, they're like me. Easy to be killed but can make a difference if it was left alone. It's like, I'm this single light in a dark alley."

 

Baekhyun half-smiles as he lands the last paint on the canvas. What Baekhyun said intrigues the person sitting next to him. The man looks at him as he sees that sad smile on Baekhyun's face. He can't help but fall into those eyes. He was remembered back to those days when he was still 10 years old when he met someone who had the same eyes as the latter have.

 

He quietly placed his chin on his hand and slowly stares at Baekhyun. The way his eyes follow every hand movement from Baekhyun. Those beautiful hands, eyes that capture every detail in his paintings and those two thin lips that make him more captivating, the man felt he was in paradise.

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun's little bangs came falling down on one of his eyes. His hands were covered with paint and he doesn't like paints on his face so he unconsciously squints his eyes and lightly shakes his head to remove the strands for a second but that's when the man beside him moves. He slowly leans towards Baekhyun, removing those few little strands away. And Baekhyun's eyes were suddenly focused on the man as he slowly moving forward.

 

Baekhyun was speechless for a second but as those seconds passed, the man caught him staring and they met on a long stare. Baekhyun was blinking repeatedly every second that passes by. Being caught in the moment, Baekhyun's eyes travel down to the man's sullen lips. He knew that the man was just trying to help him so he instantly curves his thin lips into one of the simplest but thankful smiles he could give.

 

Ah, that smile. The man thought it reminded him of that same smile he sees back then and being caught on the past, his hand gently moves from Baekhyun's forehead down to his chin. His eyes only see those thin lips that somehow hypnotized him. Leaning in as slowly as he could do and so as lifting Baekhyun's face, he closes the gap at the top of his nose touches Baekhyun's pale cheek. Eyes half-closed and lips tempting to be placed on the man facing him, he pulls Baekhyun's face closer as he lands those hungry lips.

 

A moment of silence was there and Baekhyun was just staring at the man's eyes. Falling deeply into the kiss, the president deepens the kiss as he pulls Baekhyun closer to him. Baekhyun was taken back, remembering he was being kissed by a guy. He pushed the man away from him as hard as he can do, he quickly took his things and dashes out of the room. Leaving the president once again with a wonderful taste that was left in his lips.

 

He places one of his fingertips on those lips and remembers the delightful lips. A smile was creeping as he recalls the boy's flustered face.

 

Running his hand through his hair, he caught himself feeling embarrassed. 

 

"Why did I even kissed him?"