First Love

Two Person

After three long hours of fixing and teaching his brother how to act and look like her, Baekhee gave him her phone and one little list that Baekhyun should never let their parents notice about.

The list was not that long and not that really important, those were just minor things that will convince them that Baekhyun is Baekhee.

 

She gave him the car keys and the house keys that she kept for her own interests. The last thing she wanted to give Baekhyun was a long and warming embrace; she still missed her own brother.

 

She even managed not to talk to him, embrace him, be with him for seven years even though she knew that he was just around the neighbourhood but Baekhyun did not know that their family was still in that neighbourhood.

 

Still...

Baekhee knew that it was really impossible to convince him but she did it.

 

One last long deep breath before she pulled herself out from that embrace.

 

"Text me if something came up, hyung."

 

One sincere smile was all over Baekhyun's face. Who knew he would agree to this ridiculous idea? Even thinking about it makes him cringe; still here he is, as a girl.

 

Baekhyun took a bag of clothes (his normal clothes, clothes that were meant for a guy like him) and went straight inside the car.

 

A cab was already waiting for Baekhee the moment they both got down from the third floor of the apartment. 

 

Halfway to the airport, Baekhee remembered another one last thing she should have told him, where Baekhyun should really know. 

 

Baekhee just smile knowing what troublesome days Baekhyun's awaits him.

 

-

 

"What are you doing here?" A deep voice wakes Baekhyun up from trance and looking directly to the man who just spoke.

 

"I said, what are you doing in here?" The man stares at him and Baekhyun could not move any inches away.

 

I knew this was a terrible idea. I want to die.

 

The 24 years old stutters as he found his voice lowly coming out from his lips but then a small hand was placed on his back as he speaks. He saw the old lady besides him smiling.

 

"Don't be too harsh on him, hon. She just went out a bit. Just to refresh her mind after hearing that."

 

Hearing what? But wait?! She? They don't recognise me? YES!!!

 

The woman who just spoke was their mother. Baekhyun only stares at her as she smiles tenderly at him.

 

Oh, how he misses this smile of hers.

 

"You know girls these days; they tend to be emotional when they knew they were already fixed in arranged marriage. Just understand her, hon." Mrs Byun sat down beside Mr Byun looking at his husband.

 

"Still, she's already an adult. She should act according to her age and not be swayed by her childish emotions. Let alone, she's already engaged; we can't let her do things as she wants." The man scoffs as he flips the next page of the book he was reading.

 

But Baekhyun stood still, frozen by the ground as he heard the words engaged and arranged marriage.

 

It felt like lightning running down his spine.

 

Yes, they did not notice that he was Baekhyun but marriage, which was on another level. His sister was already engaged and that was the last thing Baekhee forgot to warn Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun was speechless for more than five minutes, trying to process everything he just heard.

 

"I'm engaged?! To whom?!"

 

The lady chuckled hearing the question.

 

"You were his first love, don't you remember?"

 

First love my . Baekhee did not even tell me about this. How the should I know??!! I'm going to kill her after this.

 

Baekhyun shakes his head, not knowing any ing reason.

 

"How could you forget him? He was just here this morning, that's why you left after knowing you were to be his wife."

 

His father said with low tone of his voice while placing the book down to see his daughter's (son's) face.

 

"We already settled the family meeting three weeks from now. Be sure to not look like that when you face them. Don't embarrass us like you did earlier. Good thing it was only the son who was in here and not his parents, and if so, you would be totally grounded if you showed those kinds of attitudes towards them."

 

The old man stood up and taking his book with him while Baekhyun's eyes follow him. Baekhyun only moved his eyes away from his father when his mother suddenly spoke.

 

"Try to understand your father, darling. He's just going through a lot of things. You know that, right? Just rest for now."

 

Mrs Byun placed her warm hand on Baekhyun's face saying they should call-it-the-night and leaving Baekhyun staring into oblivion.

 

-

 

Baekhyun went straight to Baekhee's room and locking the door safely. He took the phone she gave him and dialled her number and with few rings, the call was answered and Baekhyun lashes out his rants.

 

"Why didn't you tell me you were already engaged?! How the hell should I react to that?! They just poured all the salt in my wounds like it doesn't hurt a single thing."

 

Baekhee took a deep breath out. She knew this would happen. "Relax, hyung. I haven't really agreed to marry anyone yet, at this age. I'm still young."

 

Blood pressure rose up inside Baekhyun. "You could have just said it to me. I was looking like a fool in front of them. I didn't even know who the guy was. And Baekhee, for your information, you're already an adult. You're acting just like a child."

 

"That's so mean, hyung!"

 

"Mean?! You're ridiculous. You're gonna make me marry someone I don't even know. I'm a guy, Hee. I can't get married to someone that has the same gender as I am!"

 

"Well, I'm still the one his going to marry. He'll just think you're me. So don't worry, hyung. You can do it. I have to go, the plane is taking off. Okay, hyung. Take care. Love you."

 

Baekhyun couldn't argue with her anymore as the last beep of the phone diminishes through the four corners of the room.

 

 

"Dammit."

 

-

 

[0602]