Chapter 1

A romantic birth in twilight (a SS501 twilight fanfic)

 

It was a warm day in South Korea; Kyujong, Hyunjoong, Hyungjoon, Jungmin, and the rest of the Kim clan and Youngsaeng resigned themselves to live among humans. They were actually vampires save for Youngsaeng. He was only human. But he had fallen for Kyujong a few years earlier. Youngsaeng was pregnant with Kyujong's child. Jaejoong did not yet know. He was on his way to the  house. He needed to know. He would need to know considering the baby was half vampire.

“Is it true?” Jaejoong asked as he walked into the Kim’s house.

“Hello Jaejoong how are you?” Mr. Kim replied as he let him in.

“Listen just give it to me straight.” Jaejoong replied not answering the question

“Jae is that you?”

Hearing his friend’s voice, he then turned back to Mr. Kim.

“He’s here?” Jaejoong asked and Mr. Kim sighed.

“They came home  about two weeks ago.” he replied as Jaejoong walked up to the stairs.

“Jaejoong!” he yelled but he didn’t hear him. Once they entered the living room they saw the others surrounding his friend who was on the couch behind Jungmin.

“I’m glad you came.” Youngsaeng replied as Jaejoong tried get closer but was stopped by Jungmin.

“That’s close enough hyung.” Jungmin replied coldly.

“What is your problem?” Jaejoong shot back.

“Min,” Youngsaeng replied catching his dongsaeng’s attention; “it's okay.”

Jungmin nodded and moved aside, revealing Youngsaeng, who was sitting on the couch covered up with a blanket. His once chubby cheeks are now skinner and more hallow, his eyes had dark circles and it made him look like he hasn’t slept in weeks. His skin was more pale then normal. His once brown hair has lost its shine. The scene made Jaejoong worry about his childhood friend. He sat down next to him and looked at him.

“You look terrible.” he replied truthfully knowing his friend like to hear the truth from anyone.

“Yeah.” Youngsaeng smiled, “it's nice to see you too.”

Jaejoong looked at him for a moment before speaking up.

“So are you going to tell me what’s wrong with you?” He asked him. Youngsaeng sighs then looks at Jungmin.

“Min you want to help me up?” He questioned looking at him. Jungmin nodded and went over and helped him up. As he removed the blanket, Jaejoong notices his stomach and was shocked as realization hit him. Youngsaeng gently pulled down his shirt covering up his stomach and looked at his friend sighs and gave a small smile. Jaejoong then looked at Kyujong and anger flooded him. He then marched towards him.

“You did this!” He hissed but was stopped by Hyunjoong.

“We didn’t even know it was possible.” Mr. Kim replied calmly. Jaejoong then smacks Hyunjoong’s hand away and turns towards Mr. Kim.

“What is it?” He questioned.

“I’m not sure.” Mr Kim replied as Youngsaeng sighed and sat down and puts his hands on his stomach; “The ultrasounds and needles won’t penetrate the embryonic sac”

“I can’t see it either,” Eun Ah spoke up, she then looks at YoungSaeng sadly; “and I can’t see oppa’s future anymore.”

“We’ve been researching legends,” Mr. Kim continued; “but there isn’t much to go on. What we do know, is that it’s strong and fast growing.”

“What haven’t you’ve done anything?!”  Jaejoong yelled, “take it out of him!”

“This is none of your buisness hyung!” Jungmin yelled.

“Jungmin!” Mrs. Kim yelled getting their attention; “all this fighting isn’t good for Youngsaeng.”

“The fetus isn’t good for him!” Eun Ah replied.

“Say the word Eun ah;” Jungmin replied looking at her; “baby, its just a little baby.”

“Possibly.” Hyungjoon replied calmly. For a few moments everyone was quiet until Jaejoong spoke up.

“Samchon you have to do something.” Jaejoong replied begging Mr. Kim.

“No!” Youngsaeng spoke up, “It’s not his decision, its not any of yours, just mine and Kyu’s.”

“Hyung, I need to talk to you. “ Kyujong spoke up as he walked outside as Jaejoong followed him. After a few moments they were outside. Jaejoong couldn’t hold his anger in any longer. 

“I always knew you’d destroy him.” He replied as he walked up to him.  

Kyujong sighed and turned to him.

“He thinks that our father could change him at the last minute. Like he did for Jungmin.” he replied. True Jungmin wasn't a Kim but they treated him like family because Hyunjoong fell for him. He was human once but got sick with a fatal disease, so their father turned him.

“Can he?” Jaejoong questioned.

“Probability is different for everyone.” Kyujong replied with a sigh.

“Then why are you not doing anything?” Jaejoong hissed, “ you are suppose to protect him.”

“I am not changing his mind.” Kyujong replied calmly; “I'm not forcing something on him.”

“What if his heart fails?” Jaejoong asked. Kyujong didn’t answer. It was a few moments of silence before he spoke up.

“Look hyung, I need you to do something for me.” he began as Jaejoong scoofs and looks away.

“For him?” Kyujong replied making him look at him; “You have a connection with him, that I’ll never understand.” Kyujong continued; “Maybe you can talk to him and change his mind. You can keep him alive.”

“How come you haven’t done it?” Jaejoong barked.

“I have,” Kyujong sighed, “but I don’t want to force him. I also don’t want to lose him”

“And if I can’t?” Jaejoong questioned as he looked at him.

“If he dies, then you get what you always wanted,” Kyujong began with a straight face; “to kill me.”

“Look, I don’t want to kill your kind,” Jaejoong hissed, “even like a pathetic one like you. But I’ll do it.”

With that said he turned and went back into the house. He walked into the living room to see Jungmin with Youngsaeng. Jungmin got up and looked at him.

“Min,” Youngsaeng replied sighing, “I’m fine. Really.”

Jungmin nodded and walked out the room not before glaring at Jaejoong. Once he was out the room Jaejoong sat in a chair across from Youngsaeng.

“So Kyu sent you in here to talk to me, I’m guessing?” Youngsaeng questioned.

“Sort of,” Jaejoong replied; “Though I can’t figure out why you’ll listen. I mean you’ve never have before.”
There was a moment of silence before Jaejoong spoke up again.

“What are you thinking Saeng? Really?” He questioned looking at him.

“It’s not scary. It's a miracle.” Youngsaeng replied, “I can feel it. We’ll see what it is once its here.”

“You won’t.” Jaejoong replied looking at him with a worried expression. 

Youngsaeng signed at looked at him.
“I’m strong enough to get through this Jae.” Youngsaeng replied.

“Come on.” Jaejoong replied rolling his eyes as he stood up, “You can say that to him but you aren’t fooling me. I can see what its doing to you. It's a killer Saeng.”

“You’re wrong Jae.” Youngsaeng calmly replied. “It’s not.”

“And if you die, what was the point?” Jaejoong interupted him, “Of me loving you, you loving him, how is that right for anyone? Because I sure don’t see it.”

They both went silent for a moment as Jaejoong sat back down and looked at him.

“Listen to me Saeng.” he begged; “please don’t do this gwaenchanh-a? Live please.”

“Jae,” Youngsaeng sighed and grabbed his hand gently, “everything is going to be okay.”

Jaejoong couldn’t believe what he was hearing, his friend was not listening to him. He got up and began to walk towards the door.

“Please don’t leave Jae.” Youngsaeng replied. Jaejoong stopped and turned towards him.

“I know how this ends Saeng, and I’m not staying around to watch it kill you.” he replied coldly. With that he walked out. Youngaeng sighed and looked towards the clear door and saw Kyujong watching it. He looked at him with a sad smile. He then feels a rib break as he whimpers. Meanwhile in the front, Jaejoong is still very angry and he kicks his motorbike and runs and transforms into a wolf and ran into the woods.