monday

office antics


11:00 AM
 



"Did you seriously bring sandwiches? That's so 2008," Baekhyun groans, flicking Luhan in the face when the latter puts his tray down. 

Jongin only watches as Luhan gets his revenge by insulting Baekhyun's cupcakes, and Jongin can't even bear to watch the argument that unfolds subsequently. Just like everybody else in the office, he's been on edge ever since he arrived at 8:30 this morning due to the party, and even their boss chose to start the party early after noticing nobody was getting anything done. Not that Jongin has a problem with it, though, since he's definitely looking forward to not have to work and chill and eat free food for the rest of the evening instead. Jongin did end up bringing his leftover kimchi spaghetti, and he's thankful to learn that it's pretty popular amongst his colleagues (Chanyeol even went for seconds, which Jongin found amusing). His stomach is cramping with hunger and Jongin worries he might have put a tad too many cupcakes (at least Baekhyun will be happy) on his plate as he helps himself to some tea. 

Surprisingly, Jongin feels refreshed, and he figures taking advantage of the weekend to catch up on his beauty sleep was a good idea. Whilst that part of his soul might be feeling dandy, some parts of Jongin's body aren't feeling so dandy, those being his backside, thighs and throat. In fact, Jongin worried Baekhyun might pick up on the way he practically waddled over to the buffet just now, but Baekhyun didn't, thank God. On the other hand, Jongin is at least 100% sure Minseok might have noticed, given the look the latter gave him ten minutes ago, but still. Jongin just hopes Minseok doesn't ask him what happened, since Jongin's lack of a voice will definitely give him away in that case. Or so he thinks.

Being the socially awkward type he is, Jongin leans against the wall furthest away from everybody else and the buffet, before biting down on a cupcake. He curses when he realizes he forgot to swipe a tissue, and he hopes nobody will notice the pink frosting all over his mouth. He's so hungry he ends up polishing off two cupcakes in under five minutes, and Jongin seriously feels sorry for his stomach as he digs into a third one (at least he's not like Chanyeol, who shamelessly helped himself to half the batch). A few feet away, he notices the bathroom door opening and Jongin feels his stomach erupting with butterflies when he turns his head.

"You started without me?" Sehun asks in false hurt as he walks towards Jongin and stands next to him. He headed to the bathroom two minutes before their boss announced the early start, and Jongin sort of almost forgot he was still in the building.

Jongin rolls his eyes, feeling himself blush when Sehun wraps an arm around his waist. "You took your time," he says, offering Sehun a bite of the cupcake in his hands, only to squawk when only a third of it remains in his hands afterwards. 

"The lock was jammed," Sehun chuckles, running a hand through his hair. He must have dyed it again, because it's looking more saturated than usual. He'd texted Jongin this morning and asked if he should wear a tie or a bowtie today, to which Jongin replied with the latter. In fact, Jongin thinks Sehun looks even better with a black bow around his neck than a tie. "Who made these? They're delicious," he hums, his fingers.

Jongin nods at Baekhyun, who is standing aside and chatting with Chanyeol. The latter is flailing his arms wildly so Jongin assumes they're deep in talk. "Baekhyun," he replies before stuffing the remainder of the cupcake in his mouth. He rests his head on Sehun's shoulder, wondering if Baekhyun will have anything against him waltzing over and nicking the last cupcake on the table. 

"Man, you're hoarse," Sehun chuckles, barely able to stifle the snicker that escapes his mouth afterwards. He's barely able to protect his face when Jongin whacks him upside the head, but he figures he deserves it. "Did you do anything else besides sleep, by the way?" he asks, bending down and kissing the frosting around Jongin's mouth, much to the latter's embarrassment.

"Nope," Jongin says in full honesty. Now that he thinks about it, every time he's assigned the midnight shift, he always ends up sleeping the entire weekend away. Not that he's got a problem with it. "Did you do anything other besides film Vivi running around?" he retorts without bite whilst wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He just remembered that he did do something other than sleep, that being that he washed his dress pants. Which was a big mistake, since they've shrunken drastically in size, which in turn earned him the title of 'Cake boy' from Baekhyun in the elevator this morning. If Jongin hadn't been carrying his work bag and his big bowl of kimchi spaghetti, he easily would've shoved the redhead down the elevator loft. 

Sehun laughs loudly. "Not really, no," he chuckles, scratching the back of his head. "They're pretty close," he says absentmindedly, nodding at Baekhyun and Chanyeol, who are inches apart as they watch something on the redhead's phone. "Anyway, I'm happy people seem to like your spaghetti." He cards his fingers through Jongin's newly washed hair before kissing the top of the latter's head.

"M hmm," Jongin hums, watching in amusement as Luhan attempts to pick up some spaghetti with his fork repeatedly, only for it to slip and fall back on the plate. He watches as Luhan becomes more and more irritated before handing his plate to Sehun. "I'll go help him," he says, calling something along the lines of 'Don't eat the last cupcake!' over his shoulder before walking over to the buffet.

Luhan groans loudly when he once again fails to pick up the food off the plate. "Seriously man, I wish we were still in grade school where they'd snip the strands to pieces," he huffs, trying again and failing. Jongin tries not to laugh. "Overall, this is pretty nice," he adds, presumably to change the subject completely, as he eyes the helium balloons on the ceiling. 

"It is," Jongin says, nodding. He watches Luhan struggle for another minute before grabbing an empty plate and placing it near the tray, using a fork to easily scoop it onto the plate. "Here you go," he laughs, his laughter growing louder when he sees Luhan's wide eyes. "Dude, it's not that--" He blinks when he hears the sound of heels clacking against the floor behind him. Knowing his boss, he wouldn't be surprised if she chose to fire him for eating spaghetti, so he groans inwardly. . He suddenly hears a female voice that he doesn't recognize fill the air, closely followed by a wave of humming. Jongin looks up at Luhan in confusion.

Luhan is looking to his right, a curious glint in his eyes. "Woah, who's that?" he asks, clearly bemused and eyes glittering. Jongin follows his gaze and Luhan nearly drops his plate on the floor when Jongin emits a horrified squawk.

A young girl with long, black hair, a small face and a long, flowy summer dress walks up to Sehun, who blinks in confusion, and it's not until he grabs her and embraces her that Jongin feels his head go blank. It's  the girl in the photo, the girl he's been thinking about the entire week; it's Sehun's wife. Jongin swallows, taking a few steps back and tries to blend in with the wall behind him as he watches Sehun's wife say something to Sehun before playfully slapping his arm, which is closely followed by Sehun rolling his eyes and patting her shoulder. She truly is beautiful, probably a little older now than she was in the photo, but even so, Jongin can't help but feel physically ill. 

Whilst Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Minseok (and Luhan, who totally abandons his plate on the table) and a few other colleagues walk over and greet her, Jongin barely has time to think another thought before his legs are rushing him towards the nearest bathroom, the monster free bathroom, and Jongin nearly traps his finger in the door whilst he scrambles to slam it shut and lock it. He ends up standing in the empty bathroom for what feels forever, chest heaving as he blinks rapidly. So this is where he's planning on ditching me, in front of my coworkers, Jongin thinks, tugging on his hair in distress as he taps his foot against the tiles. His head is spinning a million miles per hour, and he soon settles on three options: Climbing out of the bathroom window and running home and never coming back, or knocking on his boss' door and begging her to fire him (and if that doesn't work he'll opt to throw a cupcake in her face), or faking illness and spending the rest of the day sulking in bed. Jongin soon realizes that none of those options will end up working once he actually tries it, and he bites his lip as he thinks of what to do.

Jongin ends up pacing back and forth in the bathroom for twenty minutes straight before something snaps in his brain, and before he knows it, he's opening the door and inching his way closer to the wall. He hears Sehun's wife laughing loudly at something Luhan said, and Jongin swallows thickly before peeking his head around the corner, just in time to see Sehun patting his wife on top of her head, closely followed by her slapping his hand away. Surely enough, she's also got a ring on her finger, as Jongin notices when she shows her hand to Chanyeol, and Jongin curses himself to all eternity before biting his lip even harder. Jongin sees Luhan standing with his hands in his pockets, clearly mesmerized by her beauty, and when she starts talking, Jongin takes the opportunity to rush over. He grabs Luhan's wrist tightly and practically drags Luhan away at lightning speed, literally dumping the shorter on the bathroom tiles after slamming the door shut. 

Luhan blinks, scrambling to get to his feet before staring at Jongin like he's grown a second head. "The hell was that for?" He brushes himself off irritatedly. "What the hell are you doing, what's gotten into you?" he asks, eyebrows knitted together as he eyes Jongin, who is so distressed he has to take a step forward and place both hands on Jongin's shoulders in order to calm him down. "Breathe, Jongin, for Christ's sake--"

"That's her, that's her, it's her," Jongin babbles incoherently as he flails his hands in all directions and nearly whacks Luhan in the face. "It's her, oh my God, what do I do, this is-- God, what do I do--" He's speaking so fast he barely has time to breathe, and he has to clamp his mouth shut before he has a chance to pass out on the floor. "This is so bad, this is all my fault--"

"What are you talking about?" Luhan asks, cocking his head aside in confusion. "Who are you talking about? Hey, calm the down--" He marches over and shoves Jongin's shoulder when the latter nearly becomes hysteric. "Are you okay? Did you sleep last night? What's gotten into you? Should I go get her? Hey!" He's about to turn on his heel, presumably to go get their boss, when Jongin scrambles to grab his arm. "What--"

"The girl, outside," Jongin croak-garbles, breaking into a sweat before letting go of Luhan's arm. He hears her loud, feminine laugh outside and suddenly feels nauseous. Luhan keeps staring at him with that godforsaken confused look in his eyes and Jongin nearly screams in frustration. "Are you an idiot? The one who came just now--"

"Isn't she a beaut?" Luhan chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck. He nearly jumps out of his own skin when Jongin growls in irritation. "What the -"

"You don't understand," Jongin breathes as a wave of sorrow comes over him. He suddenly blushes furiously, which doesn't go unnoticed by Luhan. "M-Me and S-Sehun, we...we kinda...did it last night, in his cubicle," he says quietly, scratching the back of his head. His cheeks redden even more when Luhan only raises an eyebrow. "I-"

"...Just say you had ," Luhan says, only chuckling when Jongin squawks in embarrassment. "Sheesh, 24 and still such a child." He shakes his head in amusement before he blinks. "And uh...good...for you, I guess? Wait, in here? That's ballsy, good job." He sends Jongin a thumbs up, which does nothing to calm Jongin's nerves. "Why exactly are you telling me this, thou-"

"Don't you get what this means?!" Jongin whisper-shouts, lightly shaking Luhan's shoulders. "This is it, I was right, this is where he's gonna ditch me, I can't go out there--" He bites his lip, mind reeling. "I'll jump out the window, you tell them I got the flu and went home early, okay? And--"

"Jongin, are you sick? Like, honest question, you're looking really pale," Luhan says in a low tone, a somewhat freaked out glint in his eyes as he stares at Jongin. However, reality seems to hit him like a train because his expression immediately changes, closely followed by his lips forming an 'O' shape. "Wait, actually, Jongin--"

"I can't go out there, tell them I'm sick, tell them I'm dead, tell them I ran away," Jongin babbles, eyes wide as he frantically flails his limbs everywhere. "Tell them--" His voice quickly dies down when Luhan puts his hands in the air.

"Look, nobody's telling anyone anything," Luhan says, his motherly instincs taking over as he furrows his eyebrows in seriousness. "Because she isn't--" He nearly topples over when Jongin grabs his arms. "Jongin, let go of me, Jongin--!"

"I have to tell her, I mean, he'll probably tell her but I want to tell her, too, it's the nicest thing to do, right? I have to tell her, I have to," Jongin practically wails. He figures he needs to quit his job the moment he tells Sehun's wife the truth, because there's no way he's ever coming back to this place afterwards, not in a million years. "She deserves to know, I have to tell her, Luhan, but how--" He blinks when Luhan gets up, splashes his face with cold water, and walks back. "Uh--"

Luhan sighs deeply, a patient yet awfully irritated look in his eyes as he stares at the brunet. "Jongin, pull yourself together and listen to me, okay?" He waits until Jongin is looking at him until he continues. "That girl out there, her name is Sunny and she's Sehun's si-" He doesn't even have time to finish his sentence when Jongin flies past him, saying something along the lines of 'I gotta tell Sunny' before he's practically crashing through the door and rushing outside.



 

-----




Jongin rushes towards the buffet table, and immediately spots Sunny, Sehun, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Minseok chatting about God knows what near the punch, and he nearly trips over his shoelace as he runs over and grabs Sunny's frail wrist when she distances herself to help herself to some punch. Jongin nearly cuts his palm open on her diamond bracelet. Her arm is so thin and feminine Jongin worries he might snap it in half if he grabs it too tightly, but he doesn't pay it any attention as he starts dragging her away and towards the bathroom, ignoring her protests of 'Let go of me, you weirdo!'. In the commotion, Jongin ends up rushing towards the bathroom near his own cubicle, and before he knows it, he's opening the door and shoving her inside. 

Sunny blinks before she yanks her hand away and stares at Jongin with a confused look. "What's wrong with you, you dumb weirdo," she hisses. "That's no way to treat a lady!" She certainly doesn't look like somebody who would be capable of ambushing you and tying you up and beating you up, but you never know, Jongin figures.

Jongin only swallows. Despite being 30 centimeters taller than her, he feels extremely tiny under her gaze. His eyes immediately drift to her hands, and sure enough, a similar ring sits snug on one of her fingers. He feels his pulse quicken and runs a distressed hand through his hair. He has no idea what to say, especially not with her staring at him with that look in her eyes. He must have told her, Jongin thinks and nearly screams. "Look-- Look, I-- First of all, I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry, this is all my fault, don't hate me, don't hate him, okay? I-- ." He bites his lip when she stares at him like he's an idiot. "I..."

"If you have something to tell me, then tell me, stranger," Sunny says impatiently, seemingly knowing nothing about stranger danger. When Jongin remains silent, she huffs before chuckling lightly. "Well? Tell me alr-"

"I slept with your husband," Jongin blurts out and immediately slaps his hands over his mouth, eyes wide as quarters as he stares at Sunny, whose smile soon falters. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I really am sorry, I didn't mean too-- Look, don't hate him, okay? It was all my fault, I initiated it, don't blame him whatever you do, okay?" he babbles, cursing when he feels his eyes well up with tears as his heart continues to pound in his chest. "It was my fault, I feel terrible about it, I h-hope you understand--" He squeezes his eyes shut, awaiting the verbal (and physical) abuse that's going to arise in just a few seconds, and he sort of wishes he'd worn a bulletproof vest to work today. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you can hate me all you want but please don't be mad at him--" He wipes his eyes with the back of his hands, and he only feels himself growing more and more anxious when she doesn't say a single word.

Sunny continues to stare at Jongin with an unreadable look on her face, and Jongin has to turn his head away when it becomes too much. "...You...you slept with my husband?" she asks slowly, cocking her head aside. 

Jongin nods. "Yes," he says meekly, mentally slapping himself when a loud sob escapes his throat. "I feel really bad about it, I'm sorry, I hope you can forgive me--" He blinks when she emits a confused hum.

Sunny raises an eyebrow. It's so perfectly filled in Jongin almost gapes. "When?" 

"Y-yesterday, last night," Jongin replies, blushing in shame when his brain chooses to flood his mind with mental images of Sehun holding him in a tight grip as they made love on the couch only a few hours ago. Jongin has to bite the inside of his cheek to the point of drawing blood to distract himself.

"Uh...that's weird, you're weird," Sunny says, putting her hands on her hips. "Because my man was at his job in Manhattan last night, we talked on Skype during his entire shift," she adds, blinking. "You're...I don't know what you're talking about, but you're weird, really weird...are you sure you know what you're talking about?" She fiddles with a lock of her hair. "Like, really?"

Jongin bites his lip, quickly wiping away the tear rolling down his cheek. He couldn't possibly have imagined ing at the same time as Sehun, or riding in the latter's car afterwards, no matter how hard he tries convincing himself it was all a dream (which he sort of wishes it was). "I...I know I did it, and I'm sorry," he says, shoulders slumping in defeat when Sunny goes silent, and he looks down in shame just in time to miss the flash in her eyes.

"Wait a minute," Sunny says, tone changing as she continues to stare at Jongin. "Are you..." She beams when Jongin looks up. "It is you!" A squee escapes her lips and she claps her hands in excitement. 

Jongin blinks. "H-He's told you about me?" he asks, eyes widening in horror.

"Has he," Sunny chuckles, practically dancing around the room as she bounces up and down in glee. "Let's go, quick," she says, not even giving Jongin a chance to respond before she grabs his collar and literally drags him out of the bathroom, and doesn't stop until they've reached the buffet, and in her excited state, she practically dumps Jongin on the floor. "Look! Look!" she squeals, pointing to the brunet.

Jongin slowly gets off the floor, wondering what on Earth just happened as he gets to his feet and brushes his blouse off. "What the hell is your pr-" He freezes when he looks up and sees Sehun (as well as the others, but mainly Sehun) staring at him with wide eyes. Sunny is still squealing with excitement next to the blond and Jongin nearly feels sick, because Sehun is going to call him out and ditch him in front of everybody and he can't run away and everybody will laugh at him. Jongin wishes the floor would just swallow him up as he rubs his arm in shame, still looking at the floor. ing damn it, he thinks, only flinching like he's been burned when Sunny speaks.

"Is it him? Is he the one?" Sunny asks, jabbing Sehun's arm over and over. When Sehun only blushes, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Luhan exchange confused looks. "Did I get it right?!" she asks again, gesturing at Jongin in excitement. Her ring glitters in the ceiling lights and Jongin clenches his jaw.

Sehun is silent for a while, biting his lips as he rubs his neck. It's not until Sunny jabs his shoulder that he sighs and throws his arms in the air in defeat. "Fine, yes, you're right, it's him," he huffs, and nearly jumps five feet in the air along with everybody else when Jongin suddenly emits a loud wail. "What--"

"I'm sorry!" Jongin sobs, sinking to the floor and practically scrambles into a kneeling position on the carpet as he covers his face with his hands. "I'm sorry, this is all my fault, I screwed this up, I'm sorry-- I know you've been talking about me, but please don't hate me, I feel terrible about it, I would never do it, ever, I don't know what got into me, I'm sorry, please don't hurt me, I never meant to interfere, I promise, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," he rambles, barely stopping to breathe as he feels his face heating up. Everybody goes silent and Jongin is in the midst of wondering if dunking his head and drowning himself in the punch bowl would be a good idea when Chanyeol suddenly speaks.

"Is...is he okay?" Chanyeol asks, eyes wide and unblinking as he stares at Jongin's quivering form on the floor.

"You were right, he is cute," Sunny snickers, jabbing Sehun's lower back and ignoring the latter's hiss of pain. "I mean, I have no clue what he was talking about back there, but his voice and face are both so adorable, you were right!" She chuckles at Sehun's cheeks, which are dusted a light shade of pink, before attempting to pinch them. Sehun only whacks her hand away. "Ow, you're rude--"

Sehun closes his eyes before shaking his head. He barely even remembers what Jongin just said considering the latter spoke so fast his words basically formed into one incoherent mess. Nevertheless, he drags a hand down his face, muttering a low apology to Luhan, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Minseok before scratching the back of his head. "I...yeah, she's right, I'm sorry about that," he says sheepishly when Jongin looks up with quivering eyes.

Jongin swallows thickly, slowly getting to his feet before taking a deep breath. He watches Sunny attempt to pinch Sehun's reddening cheeks, only for Sehun to scold her for being a child. "I'm--" He's about to apologize for the nth time when Sunny suddenly extracts her hand. 

"Maybe we should introduce ourselves properly," Sunny chuckles. "I'm Sunny, nice to meet you! I'm assuming you're Kim Jongin, born in 1994, right? You really are cute!" she giggles for the nth time and Sehun only drags a hand down his face.

Jongin stares at her hand like it's a creature from outer space before awkwardly giving it a less than firm shake. "H-hi," he says lamely, nearly whirling around and punching Baekhyun in the face when the latter sniggers. "Y-yeah, I'm assuming Sehun must've t-told you all about me," he adds, feeling himself flush in shame when she nods frantically.

"Has he ever!" Sunny chuckles, grabbing Sehun's arm and dragging him forward. "He's told me all about y--" She emits a low groaning sound when Sehun suddenly covers with his hand. 

"I'm sorry about this," Sehun says, biting his lip in embarrassment as Sunny squirms in his grip. "I-"

"No, I'm the one who should be sorry, this is all my fault," Jongin sighs, a frown spreading across his face. "I really didn't mean to interfere, I should've--" He blinks when Sunny suddenly frees herself and smacks Sehun's arm.

"Is that Dad's perfume? Did you steal his perfume again?" Sunny asks, rolling her eyes when Sehun only huffs. A loud chuckle leaves her lips when she looks at Sehun's hand. "You really gotta learn, just saying."

Sehun raises an eyebrow, only to shake his head when he realizes his ring is on the wrong finger again. "Why can't we switch to toe rings or something, would be much better," he mutters before sighing and running a hand through his hair. "Yeah, sorry about this--" He blinks. "Wait, what do you mean, all your fault?" 

Jongin swallows, seriously wishing Minseok, Baekhyun and Luhan would go away and leave them alone since he's starting to feel really, really awkward. He wonders if Sehun is just testing him so he clamps his mouth shut. "It's...it's nothing," he mumbles, shuffling on the spot. "You...uh, you make a very nice couple," he says and nearly slaps himself silly when Sehun and Sunny both send him strange looks.

Sunny blinks. "What did you say? Who?" she asks, cocking her head to the side.

"Uh--" Jongin blinks. Are they testing me again? he thinks. He sloppily gestures between her and Sehun, only to flinch when Sehun emits a loud squawk, which is soon followed by Sunny whacking his shoulder.

"What, are you saying I'm too ugly to be married?" Sunny huffs before rolling her eyes.

"No," Sehun retorts, throwing his hands in the air. "Why would I-"

"Mom always said I'd be the first to get married anyway, so," Sunny laughs, sticking her tongue out. Jongin notices Minseok and Chanyeol slowly backing out of the room and retreating into their cubicles shortly after.

Sehun rolls his eyes. "Mom also said I'd be the first one to get a job," he mumbles before sending Jongin a look. "No but seriously, what did you mean?" 

Jongin blinks, his mind struggling to keep up with what's going on. "Wait, so you're not married yet, or?" he asks, scratching his head in confusion.

"If I married you I'd ask for a trillion dollars," Sunny mumbles, only to grimace when Sehun playfully tugs on her hair. "Cut it out, you nincompoop--"

"What do you mean?" Sehun asks, staring at Jongin, and it looks like he's about to explode in confusion and annoyance when Sunny keeps poking his cheek. "I'm so--"

"I thought you two were married!" Jongin practically wails, feeling himself growing more and more confused by the second as he watches Sehun and Sunny exchange horrified looks. "So you're not, then, or?"

"Married?" Sehun echoes, eyes wide in surprise as he looks at Jongin, who clears his throat awkwardly. "We're not even-- What the hell--"

"So you're engaged, then?" Jongin asks, with wide, doe-like eyes. He honestly has no idea what's going on anymore. "I'm so con-"

"We're not a couple!" Sehun exclaims, rolling his eyes when Sunny grimaces. "Jesus--" He shakes his head and drags a hand down his face. "For God's sake, Jongin, we're siblings, she's my sister, we're not married and we're not a couple." He stares at Jongin like he's grown a second head when the latter's mouth falls open in shock.

Sunny snickers. "Well, I'd probably marry you if you gave me a quadrillion dollars," she sniggers.

"Stop being weird," Sehun retorts, smacking her in the shoulder.

"Wait, I." Jongin feels like his head is filled with cotton and he desperately tries making sense of what he's just heard. It still doesn't add up, however, and he nearly cries in frustration. "But...but what about--" He half-assedly points at the rings on their fingers. "I...I thought--"

Sehun sighs. "It was her idea," he mumbles, jabbing Sunny's cheeks. When it's clear that Jongin still doesn't understand, he sighs. "She decided to get us sibling jewelry, you know, like those things couples have," he says and huffs in annoyance. "See, I told you getting gold ones was a crappy idea." He huffs.

"If anything, it's your fault for constantly putting yours on that finger, Buster," Sunny retorts.

"...Anyway, I get why you got confused, I probably would've felt the same exact way," Sehun chuckles, rubbing the back of his neck. When Jongin sends him a look, he squawks. "It was her idea! I didn't even know siblings did that, but yeah." He drags a hand down his face. 

"I wonder how many people you fooled into thinking you were married," Sunny sniggers, only to blink when Baekhyun speaks up out of nowhere.

"Not me," Baekhyun laughs. "Not to you at least," he adds and squawks when Sunny throws an apple from the fruit bowl at him. "I'm serious! I mean, no offense, or anything, but he wasn't exactly squealing with joy when s suddenly appeared on his computer screen." He shrugs and Jongin is glad that he's not the only one who plans on sending Baekhyun into outer space, judging by the look on Sehun's face afterwards. 

Sunny chuckles. "Sounds like you, brother mine," she sing-songs, patting Sehun's shoulder. "You're still pretty cool, though, except when you prance around the house in Rilakkuma onesies--" He immediately covers with his hand again and she groans. 

"B-but--" Jongin waddles over to the nearest chair and breathes out a sigh of relief when he sits down. His legs feel like jelly and he's surprised they've managed to keep him upright until now. He's about to mention Sunny's photo on Sehun's desk but he can't bring himself to open his mouth since his tongue feels like sandpaper. His eyes are probably red and swollen from crying and his hair probably looks like a crows nest. He watches Sehun and Sunny bicker for another minute before Sehun suddenly walks over, gently grabs his hand and drags him towards his cubicle.


"Look, I'm sorry-- Christ, I'm sorry about this, this was a mess," Sehun says, clearly ashamed as he holds both Jongin's hands and bites his lip. "I mean, when I met her the other day she said she had plans of joining us but I didn't think she was serious." He hangs his head in exasperation when Sunny laughs at one of Luhan's awful jokes. "This was so weird, I didn't think...nevermind--"

Jongin squeezes Sehun's hands, head still spinning as he attempts to put two and two together. Just like that, realization hits him like a freight train and he smacks Sehun's hands. "Damn it, damn you, Sehun," he groans, not knowing if he should feel foolish, embarrassed, angry or simply downright confused, so he settles for a mix of everything. He grabs Sehun's left hand a little tighter than necessary. "You scared the goddamn frigging crap out of me with this, damn it--" He gestures at Sehun's ring, the latter sighing in response. "Why didn't you say anything?! I felt terrible, man, jeez--"

"You know I have a sister," Sehun retorts as he brushes a few strands of hair out of Jongin's eyes. "I just--"

"Well, excuse me for thinking she might've been your girlfriend slash wife after seeing her photo on your desk and a ring on your finger and then have her show up out of the blue with the same ring on her finger," Jongin says in exasperation, gesturing at the photo on Sehun's desk behind them. "I was worried she'd like, beat me up and ," he mumbles. In his defense, he doesn't think the idea of a 100 pound woman beating up a 150 pound male is too unrealistic. At least not in his eyes. "Who keeps a picture of their sibling in their office, anyway--"

Sehun blinks. "Sunny wouldn't hurt a fly," he laughs and pinches Jongin's cheeks. "And I know she might not seem like it, but she's actually got a heart of gold and she supported me a lot when we were growing up," he says, reaching out and smoothing out Jongin's collar. "She's a great person, she means a lot to me." He only chuckles when Jongin flushes in shame. "It's alright, I can see why you got confused, I would've felt the same exact way, don't worry." He looks at his ring before sighing ever so slightly. "It was a sweet idea, but I was worried it might confuse people from the very start."

"Are you lovebirds done doing...whatever lovebirds do, in there?" Minseok asks, peeking his head inside just in time to see Sehun kiss Jongin's cheek. "Boss needs our help cleaning the table off," he adds, only snapping his fingers sternly when Jongin responds by giggling and playfully tugging on Sehun's hair. "Guys--"

"Yeah, yeah," Sehun hums, practically dragging Jongin out of the cubicle whilst trying to avoid getting his hair pulled out. "Look, they finished all of Baekhyun's cupcakes and your spaghetti," he chuckles, playfully trapping Jongin in a headlock whilst ruffling his hair. Sunny walks towards them and he doesn't know if he should sigh or laugh when she nudges his shoulder.

"I like your colleagues," Sunny says, chewing on a cupcake Luhan offered her. "This place is nice, by the way," she sing-songs as she looks around the room and soon spots Sehun's cubicle. "I'd take a look if you didn't have that godawful photo of me in there." She some frosting off her lips before looking at Jongin, who successfully manages break free from Sehun's iron grip after she steps on the blond's foot. "That's no way to treat your man, Oh Sehun, remember what Dad told you."

Jongin can't help but chuckle into the back of his hand when Sehun retaliates by tugging on her hair, and Jongin's hands fly up and cover his mouth (along with just about everybody else) when Sunny in turn tosses the rest of her cupcake right in Sehun's face. Jongin hears Luhan squawk something along the lines of 'My cupcake!!!' before Jongin rushes over and grabs a wad of tissues, nearly getting whacked in the face as Sehun reaches out and grabs Sunny's sleeve, only to miss and trip over his own shoelace, and Jongin hears Minseok mutter something under his breath when Sehun falls flat on his face subsequently. Luhan and Jongin rush over and attempt to help Sehun up, and not even Luhan, being the mother hen he is, can hold back the unattractive string of guffaws that escape his mouth when Sehun icing off his lips. 

"All that sugar can't be good for your skin," Jongin mumbles, eyebrows knitted together, although he also can't help but giggle when Sehun sends Sunny a death glare. Jongin orders Luhan to get a few more tissues, seriously thankful his own sister isn't as mischevious. "Here, let me--" He gently wipes Sehun's cheeks whilst Sunny talks to Luhan. He hasn't seen Baekhyun or Chanyeol in a while, but he doesn't get a chance to think about it any further when Sehun ruffles his hair.

"Thanks, you," Sehun chuckles, running a hand through his hair. Somehow he looks even better with rainbow sprinkles all over his face and Jongin seriously wonders how it's even possible for a human to look so good with cake leftoversin their hair. "Would it kill you to not embarrass me in front of my friends?" he huffs and sends Sunny a stern look. 

Sunny simply shrugs. "You started it," she mumbles and hands Sehun a few more tissues.

"She's not embarrassing us! At least not me," adds Luhan and he only shrugs when Sehun sends him a look, before helping Minseok clear the table.

"It's a shame you live in a different state," Minseok says, surprising everyone. "We could really use somebody like you around here," he adds and picks up a stack of empty plates.

"The hell're you saying," Baekhyun chimes in as he appears out of nowhere. He's got a look of dramatic hurt on his face and his hands on his hips as he stares at Minseok. His red hair is tousled and Jongin swears his blouse wasn't buttoned incorrectly before he disappeared. He puts a hand on his chest. "Am I not funny enough for y'all, or--" He keens when their boss yells at him to be quiet, which nearly has Jongin dying of laughter.

"Yeah, yeah," Sehun huffs as he sinks into an empty chair. "Suit yourselves." He gently pulls Jongin into his lap
, and sort of instantly regrets it when Jongin practically crushes his groin whilst getting comfortable. 

Baekhyun sniggers before clicking his tongue at Sunny. "Attractive genes seem to run in the family, I see," he says and ducks when Sehun tosses a balled up tissue towards him. "What?! It's a compliment, you jerk--" He instantly stills, clamping his mouth shut when their boss suddenly walks into the room, and she instantly scolds him for causing ruckus. "Yes ma'am," he mumbles, and Jongin can practically feel him dying on the inside when she tells him to stay back two hours after work and do the dishes. "Sure, ma'am--" He marches over and whacks Sehun upside the head when the latter whistles after she leaves. "Shut it, Oh Sehun--"

"Can y'all stop sitting around on your high horses and get over here and help me," Minseok grumbles as he struggles to balance five trays in one hand. "The sooner we get back to work, the sooner we can leave," he adds and it takes everything in Jongin's power not to march over and yell 'Teacher's pet' in his face.

Sunny chuckles before putting her hands on her hips. "I don't think you need somebody like me when you've got this guy," she laughs, patting Minseok's shoulder, which nearly results in him dropping everything on the floor. She apologizes before checking her watch. "I'd better be off, my flight leaves in an hour," she says with a small pout. 

"I'll you to main floor," Luhan says, putting a hand in the air. 

"Thanks, you," Sunny says, sending Luhan a thumbs up before cocking her head slightly. "Did you recently get your hair cut? It's looking a little..." She presses her lips together. "Neverm-"

"I did," Luhan says, before clenching his jaw in anger and Baekhyun barely has time to avoid Luhan's death glare as he rushes to cower behind Sehun's chair.

Sunny nods. "It looks great, don't worry, it makes you look like a rockstar," she chuckles before walking over to Sehun and wrapping her arms around his neck. "Good to see you, dear brother," she says and ruffles his hair. She looks at Jongin and pats his shoulder. "You really are cute, make sure to take of him for me, 'kay?" She sends Jongin a bright smile.

Jongin blinks, feeling his mind go blank at her beauty before clearing his throat. "Yeah, of course, will do," he croak-garbles whilst blushing slightly. His throat is still sore and he seriously wonders how it's still hurting after three whole days. Jongin leans back until he's nuzzling his face in Sehun's neck, humming contently as he plays with Sehun's bowtie. 

"Super," Sunny beams, patting Jongin's shoulder until the latter nearly falls off Sehun's lap. "Maybe you two could visit Manhattan someday?" she asks, staring at Jongin expectedly.

Sehun chuckles and judging by the twinkle in his eyes, Jongin can tell he's definitely on board with the idea. "We'll keep that in mind," he says softly and kisses Jongin's cheek.

"I'll be expecting y'all," Sunny chuckles before nodding at Luhan, who blushes slightly before also nodding. She briefly waves at Minseok, who only grunts something in response, before skipping down the hallway with Luhan and towards the elevators.

Baekhyun waits until the elevator doors close a few minutes later to speak. "Sheesh, Sehun," he chuckles, brushing his hands together. "She was--"

"...Really effing cool," Minseok chuckles, dumping a few trays on a trolley from the break room before gesturing at the rest of the table. "If y'all don't help me polish the table and bring the table cloth to the laundry room, I'm gonna hit the roof, just saying." He sends all three of them a serious glare before pushing the trolley towards the break room.

Jongin pats Sehun's thigh before hopping off the latter's lap. Sehun only sighs and Jongin has to pull him to his feet before interlocking their fingers. They walk towards the rather dirty table and it's not until Jongin looks at Sehun that he realizes the latter still has frosting on his face. "She really got you," he giggles whilst wiping it off with the back of his hand. Next to them, he hears Baekhyun sigh. "What--"

"Tone down the PDA, for hell's sake," Baekhyun groans as he carefully gathers all corners of the table cloth. "She'll cut both your heads off," he adds but he can't help but smile slightly when Sehun responds by kissing Jongin square on the lips, much to the latter's embarrassment. "Fine, fine, you win." He shakes his head and jumps when Chanyeol suddenly calls Sehun's name.

"Sehun, get your smart over here, please and thank you," Chanyeol calls from his cubicle, and Jongin doesn't need to think twice to know that he's forgotten which printer to select, as usual.

Sehun rolls his eyes before kissing Jongin's forehead. "I'll be right back," he whispers in the brunet's ear before walking down the hallway. Jongin hates how long he ends up staring, since Sehun literally looks like a model making his way down the runway. 

Jongin is quickly out of his trance when Baekhyun jabs his shoulder. He mutters something incoherent under his breath before stacking a few plates on top of each other, and curses when he accidentally knocks over a cup and ends up spilling water all over his pants. "Isn't he handsome," he says out loud, much to his horror, and he slaps a hand over his mouth. Baekhyun's loud laugh does little to prevent the redness in his cheeks from spreading to the rest of his face. "God, shut up, you moron--"

"Kim Jongin, lovesick as usual," Baekhyun chuckles and fixes his hair. Silence fills them for a minute until he speaks again. "Did you see Luhan? Man." He shakes his head in amusement before tucking the table cloth under his arm.

Jongin nods absentmindedly as he finishes scooping up a few crumbs in his hands. "Talk about smitten," he mumbles before grabbing the stack of plates. "Just wait 'til he finds out she's getting married in a few weeks," he adds with a chuckle, only to roll his eyes when Baekhyun sends him a look. "You're gayer than I am, I know for a fact that you don't give a flying f--"

"Yeah, yeah, you got me," Baekhyun says, and they're silent again for a few moments until he clears his throat. "But hey, at least it all worked out in the end, huh," he says, an unusual maturity lacing his words as he sends Jongin a look. "Between you and Sehun, that is." He makes sure their boss is nowhere to be seen before pulling out his personal phone and checking his Facebook.

Jongin stares at the redhead with a dumbfound expression on his face before he nods frantically. "Yeah, right, you're right, yeah, it's great," he babbles, rubbing the back of his neck. He hears Sehun's laugh ringing through the hallway and feels his chest swell with the same fuzzy feeling. "Really great--" He sends Baekhyun an awkward smile before pretending to inspect the carpet. As much as he wants to talk on and on, his words quickly dissolve on his tongue when he hears Sehun laugh again.

Baekhyun seems to catch on and he nods slowly. "He should wear bowties more often, they really bring out the color in his eyes," he adds with a wink, only for his hands to fly up in the air in defense when Jongin stares at him. "Sorry, just saying. Oh, and by the way, don't get all freaky around here, the walls are super thin and she's as stealthy as a gargoyle." He picks up the table cloth he just dropped before gesturing at the laundry room. "My report's overdue," he simply says, giving Jongin a friendly wave before turning on his heel and making his way down the opposite hallway.

Jongin stands in the same spot, mind racing as he hears the door to the laundry room open and close. Reality doesn't hit him until his arms begin to ache from carrying the heavy stack of plates, and he grunts before waddling over to the trolley Minseok kindly put out for them. Jongin dumps the plates on it, briefly freaking out in case he accidentally broke one of them (because that would definitely earn him the boot), and quickly pushes it towards the break room.

After sort of carelessly dumping the plates in the sink, praying Baekhyun will make it through dish duty later without dying, Jongin brushes his hands together before leaning against the counter edge. A warm sensation fills his entire body when he suddenly thinks about how he and Sehun stood in the same exact place a few days ago and shared the latter's cupcake. Jongin still flushes at the thought of having been spoonfed, but he shoves it away before walking towards the door. 

Except Jongin halts and quickly grabs an apple from the fruit basket, in case Sehun might be feeling hungry, before walking out the door. Once he steps outside, Jongin is immediately greeted by the melodic sound of Sehun laughing, presumably whilst making fun of Chanyeol for his incompatible technical skills. Seconds later, Jongin is suddenly hit with a waft of Sehun's perfume, which is still lingering in the air, and he feels himself gripping the apple tighter in his hand. His boss exits her office and starts rambling on and on about how he needs to get back to work, but Jongin barely hears her as he makes his way back down the hallway. In fact, Jongin doesn't even notice her standing inches away by her door and tapping her heel irritatedly as he walks past her and towards the many rows of cubicles.

Sehun's cubicle is empty, so Jongin assumes Sehun is still in the process of teaching Chanyeol a thing or two as usual, so Jongin walks over and carefully places the red apple on Sehun's desk. Jongin spots Sehun's notebook and carefully rips off a corner and proceeds to scribble a heart on it before placing it next to the fruit. Jongin's eyes slowly roam across Sehun's belongings; the latter's black coat, which is draped across his chair as usual, his empty thermos, the sticky notes with perfect handwriting on them stuck to the corners of his computer and, of course, the couch they made love on two nights ago. Jongin's eyes quickly land on the portrait of Sunny, which Sehun must have placed a little further behind all his other things on the shelf, and Jongin swallows. Her eyes look much more friendly this time as they stare back at him and Jongin grips Sehun's chair tightly as he chuckles softly to himself. It suddenly hits him that he didn't notice Sehun's perfume hitting him in the face as usual when he walked inside Sehun's cubicle, and Jongin feels his chest tighten with what he can only call joy, because that can only mean that Sehun's perfume is stuck on him. The thought makes Jongin's heart leap for joy.

His boss soon calls Jongin's name and Jongin feels like he's floating on and walking across clouds as he exits Sehun's cubicle and enters his own cubicle. He sees his report sitting on his desk and automatically swallows. Jongin slowly sits down behind his desk, trying to control the warm spreading through his entire body as he attempts to listen to whatever his boss is saying. Surprisingly enough, she seems to be complimenting him, which is a first, but Jongin barely registers it when Sehun suddenly walks past his cubicle seconds later. 

Jongin nearly falls off his chair when Sehun sends him a smile before disappearing inside his own cubicle. Heart racing, Jongin barely even registers his boss patting him on the shoulder before she walks out. Jongin spins around in his chair and blinks when his personal phone buzzes on the table subsequently (Jongin figures that not beating him up for accidentally leaving his phone in plain sight should've been a telltale sign that she was in a good mood). He can't help the grin that spreads across his entire face after he leans over and looks at the screen.


 


New Text

From: Sehun :3

Thanks, I was starving ;3  ❤️

 



Jongin reads the message over and over before resting his head on his hand. Maybe Mondays aren't so bad after all, he thinks before spinning around in his chair, a smile creeping up his face as he turns on his computer.

 

---

 

END

 

A/N: Hope you guys liked this little short story ^^ Gonna go rewatch The Office now...huehuehue っゝω・)っ~☆