wednesday

office antics

12:21 PM
 


Somebody once said that Wednesday is the happiest day of the week, but Jongin seriously questions that statement as he opens the fridge and locates his lunch box at the way back. He nearly knocks over somebody else's lunch whilst trying to get his own box out, and Jongin is sort of really glad that he's choosing to eat a late lunch and therefore have the entire break room to himself. Jongin is lucky, because it seems like somebody else must have complained to his boss, because the heat in the room is entirely gone, and Jongin slumps into his usual seat before stabbing his food. If he remembers correctly, Baekhyun had to take Luhan out for lunch today after losing a bet, and whilst being 30 may be a bad thing to some people, it sure comes with a bigger chance of being able to afford to eat out. Jongin finds himself pouting a little at the thought, and he vividly remembers declining Luhan's offer under the excuse of having too much work, despite having finished all his tasks that day.

Jongin gets up and retreives a water glass from the cupboard before proceeding to fill it with cold milk from the fridge. After the incident two days ago, he highly doubt that he'll ever be able to drink tea again, and he quickly downs the entire glass before carelessly tossing it in the sink. His stomach has been churning uncomfortably ever since last night, but Jongin simply blames it on the stress of anticipating his application results and work overall, especially since just about everybody on the entire floor has a deadline to meet. For once, Jongin hates the fact that he's such a fast worker (when he wants to be), because he's entirely finished for the day, and he really isn't looking forward to spinning around on his chair and staring up at the ceiling like a zombie until 5 o'clock rolls around. 

He returns to his table and eats his food, cursing himself for forgetting to season it before leaving this morning. Jongin pulls out his phone and finds himself mindlessly refreshing his inbox. No new emails, at least not from the university, just like he expected, and he sighs. Now that he thinks about it, he hasn't even told his boss that, not only has he applied for university, but there's a chance he might be accepted, which means he has a month's resignation notice. Not wanting to knock on her door and disturb her, since everybody's usually busy on Wednesdays, Jongin figures he'll just email her before standing up and throwing the rest of his lunch away. He leaves the break room and nearly dies at the thought of spending the next four and a half hours in his cubicle, so Jongin tries thinking of what to do instead, only to turn up with nothing. He sighs in defeat before trudging back to his cubicle. Jongin keeps his eyes glued to the floor as he makes his way back, thinking he hears Baekhyun conversing with somebody close by, but Jongin ignores and forgets about it when he enters his cubicle and sits in his chair.

Jongin does end up sitting in his chair like a mindless zombie for a while; half an hour, that is, and since everybody is so busy, he hasn't had to deal with people running back and forth outside his cubicle, which is awfully refreshing. After a few more minutes of wishing he was at home and sleeping in his bed, the boredom becomes unbearable, and Jongin slowly rolls towards his desk before turning on his computer. He remembers Taemin showing him an online game that the latter would play whenever he got bored, and Jongin types in the URL before starting to play. He's lucky he's muted his speakers, because it seems to be a race car game. 
Jongin cracks his knuckles, about to name his character when he suddenly hears the angry tapping of heels on the floor behind him. Jongin flinches, hitting his knee in the same exact spot as before, before spinning around on his chair in surprise.

His boss is standing in the entrance, a sour look on her face as she eyes Jongin, who keens under her gaze. Whilst Jongin scrambles to exit the webpage, she shakes her head in disappointment. Inevitably, she opens and starts rambling on and on about something Jongin has most definitely heard before, and he instantly tunes her out and nods his head whilst pretending to listen. Jongin seriously wonders if she must hate him more than anybody else in the office, and has therefore installed some sort of secret spy camera in his cubicle, but Jongin doesn't even get a chance to process anything else she says (not that he was from the beginning, anyway) when Sehun suddenly appears and stands behind her. 

Jongin curses when he feels his insides growing unbearable hot and fluffy, and he seriously hopes his boss doesn't notice him grabbing onto the armrests for dear life as to not to fall off his chair from how stiff he's become. To Jongin's horror, Sehun looks at him before chuckling to himself, and Jongin wants nothing more than to pick up a stack of Post-it notes and throw them right in his boss' face when she doesn't stop rambling. Sehun continues to stand behind her, as patient as ever, with a black portfolio in his hand. Jongin, feeling his face heat up, continues to nod until he hears his boss say something about 'responsibility' before she turns around to talk to Sehun.

Jongin closes his eyes and takes a deep breath, cursing Taemin for introducing him to the godforsaken site before slowly turning around in his chair. He's sort of glad he didn't say anything about having finished all of his work and therefore having zero to do, since that would lead to an even longer verbal beating, but he doesn't get to think about it any longer when he eyes his screen and his eyes widen when Jongin realizes that he hasn't even exited out of the gaming site. He does so immediately, properly this time, and Jongin internally screams before resting his head in his hand.
At least now he knows why Sehun laughed at him, Jongin figures, and attempts to find something that might successfully distract him for another three hours.

Except he doesn't, and one thought quickly leads to another, and before he knows it, Jongin's brain is filled to the brim with the mental image of the woman he saw yesterday, perfectly framed and sitting on Sehun's desk. Jongin attempts to shove the thought away, only to nearly break the pen in his hands in half in frustration when he literally cannot think about anything else. Jongin wants to scream and hope his voice will be drowned out by the frantic keyboard clicks filling the entire floor, but restrains himself before huffing in irritation and accidentally kicking his trash can over.

After ten whole minutes of mental agony, Jongin worries he might go crazy from understimulation, and before he knows it, he's balling up the Post-it note in his hand, exiting his cubicle and peeking out in the hallway. His boss is nowhere in sight, and Jongin would rather risk getting caught than staying in his cubicle any longer, so he quietly tip-toes across the hallway and doesn't stop until he's standing outside the cubicle marked 'L.H'. 

Luhan is talking on the phone whilst replying to an email, whilst at the same time writing something down on a piece of paper, and Jongin watches in fascination as Luhan nods along to whatever is being said on the phone in a surprisingly calm voice, hand scribbling something on the paper before he quickly hangs up and focuses on the email. Jongin wonders if it's worth scaring Luhan out of his wits just to talk, but he soon figures that it is, and Luhan nearly drops his pencil in shock when Jongin says hi subsequently.

"Jesus Christ," Luhan hisses, gripping his chest before running a hand through his straightened hair. "You know, most people knock," he adds before turning around and focuses on the email. When he hears Jongin entering his cubicle before flopping down on the couch, he sighs. "I'm a little tied up at the mo-"

"It's just one email," Jongin whines, crossing his legs childishly before eyeing the many cacti on Luhan's desk. For some reason, he feels his stomach churning again, and he doesn't know if it's from the milk or something else he'd rather not think about right now. He continues to inspect Luhan's minimalistic cubicle in boredom before the latter speaks.

"No, I don't know what I want for my birthday," Luhan says in a monotone voice as he continues to type. He sends the email and leans back in his chair. "God, I hate some callers," he mumbles irritatedly before craning his neck to look at the brunet, who looks almost childlike as he sits cross legged on the couch. "Is something the matter?" he asks, eyebrows furrowing when he notices Jongin's distraught look.

Jongin nearly chuckles at Luhan's mother hen instincts before shrugging. There's a certain sense of security surrounding Luhan's cubicle, and the latter overall, and he exhales deeply whilst rubbing his wrist. "Yes-- I mean, no...I mean, sort of? Kinda, yeah," he murmurs, leaning back against the orange cushions and fiddling with his hair. "It's...I mean, I don't know if you want to ta-- Nevermind, it's nothing." He feels himself flushing and is about to get up and leave when the shorter speaks up.

"Want some guru advice?" Luhan chuckles, motherly instincts taking over before he rolls closer to Jongin. He crosses one leg over the other before grabbing his coffee cup and taking a sip. "Hit me with your best shot," he says and Jongin suddenly feels like a highschooler talking to their therapist. "Make it quick, though, I have a call coming in after four."

"Uh." Jongin scratches the back of his head, mind reeling as he racks his brain for something to say. Something suddenly hits him and he sighs in defeat whilst hanging his head. "Whatever, Baekhyun's probably told everyone by now--" He looks up and buries his face in his hands, fully ready for Luhan to verbally berate him.

Except it doesn't happen. Instead, Luhan is silent for a minute before he his head aside in confusion. "...Told everyone what?" he asks softly, puzzlement lacing his words.

Jongin blinks before sliding his hands down his face. It suddenly hits him that Luhan doesn't know, and he momentarily contemplates scrapping the idea and walking out, but there's something about the concern and understanding in Luhan's eyes that makes him stay where he is. "That I..." He nearly chokes on his own words before looking around. When he hears absolutely nothing except for the consecutive clicking of keyboards and phones ringing, he clears his throat. "I...I kind of...like Sehun???" he says after a whole minute of silence. He keeps his eyes glued on the floor, only to swallow in embarrassment when Luhan doesn't say anything. "Nevermind-- God, sorry, I-"

"Wait, I didn't hear you," Luhan chuckles, leaning in ever so slightly. After Jongin whispers in his ear, closely followed by the latter recoiling and blushing furiously, his mouth forms an 'O' shape. "I see, I see," he hums, nodding his head in understanding, which is far from the reaction Jongin initially expected. "Well, I mean, now that I think about it, you did get all red and weird and stuff when he talked to you in the break room," he chuckles, his usual aura of matureness briefly disappearing as he snickers into his fist.

"That's your guru advice?" Jongin moans, flopping onto his back on the couch and staring up at the ceiling. His boss has probably noticed his absence and is probably looking for him, but he couldn't care less. "What am I gonna do," he wails, covering his mouth because that was definitely too loud. 

Luhan smiles slightly. "I mean, what's there you can't do? You've got nothing to lose," he chuckles. "Your cubicles are literally right next to each other, he seems to think you're cool, just gain his trust and you're bound to hit it off," he adds for emphasis, sending Jongin a thumbs up.

Jongin sighs, and he assumes Luhan has either never been in love before or has had every single one of his relationship of his work out without fail in the past, which only makes him cover his face again. "It's not that easy," he groans, although he truly wishes it was. "And...and I think there's a catch." He pouts before tracing invisible patterns into the couch cushion with his finger.

"A catch?" Luhan raises an eyebrow. "Really? What?"

"He's--" Jongin sighs, running a hand through his hair. "Look, I had to deliver some things to him and he offered to help me tie my tie correctly, and whilst he was doing that I noticed he had a...well, a girl on his desk." He bites his lip at the memory, trying to squash the feeling in his chest. "I mean, a photo-- It wasn't an actual girl," he babbles, only covering his face in agony when Luhan laughs. "ing damn it, man."

"A girl?" Luhan asks, raising an eyebrow in curiosity, which does little to ease Jongin's nerves. "I don't remember seeing a photo of anybody when I stopped by his cubicle last week," he says, mainly to himself. "Except for a puppy, of course, but that's not a person." He pouts in contemplation. "You could always--"

"That means they've probably gotten together recently," Jongin sighs, swallowing the lump in his throat. He sits up and unconsciously brings his legs closer to his chest before hugging his knees. A sigh leaves his lips. "It's...whatever, it's fine, I don't-"

"It could be anybody, you know," Luhan says as a matter-of-factly before turning around and waking up his computer after it nearly shuts off. "Like, say, his cousin?" he adds whilst spinning back and forth on his chair, although Jongin can tell he's doubting his own words.

Jongin runs a hand through his hair, a lock of it falling right in his face. When he fails to blow it away, he sighs in defeat. "Who keeps a photo of-- Nevermind," he mumbles before sighing again. "I mean, she was like, 23 or something, and like, really, really pretty." He bends down and ties his laces. "Damn it all."

"You know, sometimes," Luhan starts, taking a sip of his coffee, "when you love someone, you need to meet them halfway." He sends Jongin a smile before continuing. "Hey, who knows, maybe he'll stop by your cubicle, then you can take the opportunity to get to know each other better." A colleague walks past and he silently greets them before looking at Jongin, who looks crestfallen. "Hey now, don't--"

"That doesn't change the fact that he's got someone," Jongin says as he fiddles with his collar. He whips his head up like an owl when he thinks he hears their boss' voice, and he's about to storm out of Luhan's cubicle when the latter speaks.

"There's nothing wrong with asking, you know," Luhan hums, rolling up his sleeves. "Like, it doesn't have to be dramatic or anything, just like, pop it into the conversation, make it natural, y'know? Or like, if you ever end up in his cubicle, ask him about her picture, you know?" His eyes suddenly twinkle. "Wait, he offered to tie your tie for you?" he asks, cocking his head in interest.

Jongin blinks. "Uh. Yeah," he says dumbly, staring at Luhan like he's grown a second head. "So?"

"You do realize that that's a weirdly intimate thing for two guys to do, right? It's hard to explain, but like, that stuff sometimes involves a lot of touching and being really close, y'know?" Luhan says and Jongin knows for a fact that Luhan has zero idea what it's like to get your tie tied by someone else. "Big emphasis on the close part," he adds, only sighing when he sees Jongin's expression. "Look, he called me into his cubicle 'cause he was having problems with his files last week, and he didn't even bother removing the big dust bunny in my hair, he only kind of pointed to it when we were done." He shrugs dramatically. "Oh, and--" He nearly jumps out of his own skin when his work phone rings loudly behind him, and he mutters a quick apology to Jongin before scurrying over and picking it up. "Lu Han."

Jongin remains on the couch, mindlessly listening to Luhan talk on the phone in the same plastered on professional voice that they're all used to and guilty of using. He watches from his spot as Luhan begins scribbling something down on a Post-it note before sticking it on his bulletin board. Jongin takes it as his cue to leave and he slowly gets up, wordlessly thanking Luhan before trudging down the hallway. He hears one of his co-workers arguing with somebody on the phone as well as fingers scurrying across keyboards, and Jongin has no idea how to keep himself entertained for another hour, so he opts to go into the break room and fetch an apple (and possibly cry from boredom).



 


-------------
 



"Are you sure you looked over the files I sent you?" Sehun asks, rubbing his chin with his fingers as he stares at his computer. His eyebrows are furrowed in confusion and concentration as he scrolls through his emails.

Baekhyun huffs as he leans against the wall. "Check your spam folder, genius," he chuckles before walking over and looking at the screen. It's not until he looks down and sees the golden ring on Sehun's ring finger that he furrows his eyebrows. "So...who's the lucky lady?" he asks, eyes drifting towards the photo closest to him. A beautiful girl stares back at him and Baekhyun stares at her pink lips, flawless face and silver jewelry for a minute before clearing his throat. 

Sehun momentarily tears his eyes off the screen to look at the redhead. "What are you--" He curses under his breath when a pop-up webpage for a hookup site suddenly appears all over his screen, and he sighs in irritation as he tries closing out of it. He finds himself blushing slightly at the rows of suggestive, uncensored photos before him before looking at Baekhyun. "She's not coming, is she??" 

Snickering loudly, Baekhyun peeks out the doorway, only to see nobody in sight. "You're safe, big guy," he laughs, skipping back to Sehun's desk and laughing loudly when the latter repeatedly clicks on the 'X' at the top right of his screen, only for the page to pop back up and freeze onto the screen. "Here, let's do it the old fashioned way." He bends down and hastily unplugs Sehun's computer, ignoring the latter's protests, only to blink when he stands up and sees the webpage still filling the entire screen. "Okay, this is just creepy."

Huffing in irritation, Sehun runs a hand through his hair before grabbing his coat and draping it over the monitor, ignoring Baekhyun's laughter behind him. "Can't risk her seeing this," he murmurs before taking a few steps back and putting a hand on his hips. There's no way he's bending down and fiddling with the many wires underneath his desk, and he'd rather not call a technician for obvious reasons. Baekhyun seems to be reading his mind, because the next thing he knows, the redhead is beaming. "What-"

"I know someone who's very, very good with his hands," Baekhyun says excitedly, a hint of smugness in his voice that Sehun barely catches, before he rushes over to the entrance. "He'll fix this in no time, hold on." He enters the hallway and disappears out of sight.


 



-------------

 


Tossing a balled up Post-it note back and forth in his hands, Jongin yawns before checking the time on his phone. It's quarter to five, which means he can start packing up already. His heart still kind of hurts from being rejected by Luhan a while ago - Jongin had walked back to Luhan's cubicle when his worrying became too much, only for Luhan to hastily shoo him away with a sharp hiss. In the latter's defense, he was on the phone with five people at once whilst working on his long overduereport, but Jongin figures he might just be a little too sensitive sometimes. Nevertheless, he sighs before standing up, turning his computer off and packing his things into his briefcase. He cracks his knuckles and is about to walk over and grab his coat when a figure suddenly appears at his door, making Jongin jump five feet in the air.

"Calm down, Tiger, it's just me," Baekhyun chuckles before wasting no time in rushing over and grabbing Jongin's wrist. "Technical issues, hurry," he says so quickly it forms into one word that Jongin can't understand, and he frantically yanks Jongin's hand when the latter doesn't even budge. "What are you waiting for--"

"Baek, I'm done," Jongin says, yanking his hand back and massaging it before grabbing his coat off the hanger, only to nearly drop it, a surprised noise leaving his lips when he's practically dragged out of his cubicle. "Minseok's better than me, he's staying late, ask him, damn it--!" He's suddenly dropped to the floor, his chest hitting the carpet with a thud. Jongin quickly gets to his feet when he realizes he's inside somebody else's cubicle, and he's about to growl at Baekhyun when he looks up and sees Sehun staring at him with both fondness and slight surprise. To say that every malicious word Jongin had intended to spew dissolves on his tongue in that very moment would be an understatement. "Um."

Baekhyun snickers into his fist. "Seems to be a virus," he chuckles before gesturing at the computer, which is still covered by Sehun's coat. "It's on, but like, it's not on?" He scratches the back of his head and blinks when he sees Jongin walking towards the monitor. "Wait, no, don't-- I don't think you're gonna li--" He sighs when Jongin emits an embarrassed squeal before his hands fly up and cover his face. "I told you not to remove the thing, man, it's there for a reason."

Jongin feels his face heating up before removing his hands and half-assedly putting Sehun's coat back until the monitor is somewhat covered again. He figures he's going to need to clean his eyes out with bleach since he'd rather die than see those photos a second time. Seriously questioning the female gender (or rather, anatomy), he clears his throat awkwardly before rubbing the back of his neck. "So...you want me to fix it?" he asks dumbly, mentally slapping himself in the face when Sehun and Baekhyun both blink.

"That'd be awfully nice of you, since I'd rather not call a technician," Sehun says, chuckling in embarrassment. He shoves his hands in his pockets and Jongin finds himself mesmerized by the simple gesture.

"Uh. Yeah, okay, I get that," Jongin says, eyes automatically landing on the portrait of the girl on Sehun's desk. He sort of wishes he could turn it around so she's not staring directly into his soul before he shakily sinks down on his knees and takes a look at the wiring underneath the table. He remembers doing something similar for Taemin a week before the latter quit, after his computer shut down on its own. Jongin doesn't remember much of it, but what he does remember is barely knowing what he was doing 90% of the time and miraculously ending up fixing it somehow, and Jongin has zero idea how Baekhyun has the nerve to label him as a technical God. Not to mention Jongin's hands are shaking so much he's worried he might either electrocute himself or end up cutting the power to the entire building. "I don't-- Why were you even looking at--"

"It just sort of...happened," Sehun says sheepishly as he rubs the back of his neck. When Jongin audibly curses, he furrows his eyebrows. "Don't hurt yourself," he says, concern lacing his words. He takes a step closer and it's not until Jongin hisses that he looks at Baekhyun. "Look, maybe we should just call somebody, I'll cover the costs--"

"Nonsense," Baekhyun says, shaking his head. "We all know just how good Jonginnie is with his hands, so he'll fix this in a jiff," he says and Jongin immediately picks up on the smugness in his voice. "Did you manage to find the problem?" he asks innocently, cocking his head to the side.

Jongin makes a mental note to dunk Baekhyun in the nearest trash can first thing tomorrow, and he simply shakes his head before his eyebrows furrow. All wires seem to be perfectly intact, and there's only one black cable that's unplugged, but he plugs it in, only for the computer to remain on, so he unplugs it in fear of possibly electrocuting himself. "Too dark, can't see," he murmurs before standing up on shaky legs, headrush filling his senses before he reaches over and flips the switch to Sehun's desk lamp.
It doesn't turn on, and Jongin curses inwardly before sinking down to the floor again and getting on his hands and knees. "I don't know, it seems like--" He grabs the cable he just unplugged and plugs it back in, only to blink in surprise when the lamp suddenly turns on. Jongin questions his sanity before sighing and inspecting the wires yet again. They all look intact, and it's not until Jongin notices another black cable plugged in, that he's certain he didn't touch, that he blinks again. Without thinking, he reaches over and yanks it out, only for the sound of the computer turning off to fill the air subsequently. He plugs it back in, and hears Sehun exhale in relief when the computer turns on normally again.

"Thank goodness," Sehun breathes, gratitude in his voice as he moves the chair aside to give Jongin to crawl out from underneath the desk. "Careful," he chuckles when Jongin stands up too fast and accidentally bumps his head on the underside of the table.

Cursing in pain, Jongin gets to his feet and brushes himself off before looking at Baekhyun, who's smiling widely. "I...fixed it, I guess," he mumbles dumbly, looking at the computer screen, which is and functioning properly. He looks down shyly when Sehun sends him a grateful smile.

"...How'd you fix it, exactly?" Baekhyun asks, watching as Sehun logs in and types in his password.

Jongin blinks. "The wires were perfectly fine, so I plugged in this one cable which turned out to belong to the lamp, so there was another cable that I didn't see that wasn't unplugged, so I kind of just--" He blinks, his eyebrows furrowing ever so slightly. "Unplugged...it...and...the...computer shut off." Realization soon hits him and he's seconds away from yelling at Baekhyun when Sehun speaks.

"I see, I see," Sehun laughs, only patting Jongin on the back when the latter stares daggers at the redhead. "Well, I'm glad you took your time to help us," he says sincerely. "You probably wanna get home, so we won't hold you back any longer. Thanks again." He sends Jongin a smile, only for Baekhyun to shake his head.

"Nonsense, Jongin will be happy to stay back, won't you?" Baekhyun asks Jongin, who only blushes before shrugging as casually as he can. "See? Perfect!" He proceeds to shove Jongin towards Sehun in a rather indiscreet manner before grinning widely. "I won't disturb, don't worry." He salutes them both, winking at Jongin even more indiscreetly before skipping down the hallway.

There have been times when Jongin has said he hated Baekhyun and not meant it in the slightest, but he honestly wouldn't mind dunking the redhead face first in a toilet bowl when he stumbles over his own feet and quite literally crashes into Sehun. Jongin's hands instinctively reach out and he wants to cry when he realizes he's got both his palms pressed against the taller's chest. Jongin blinks before flinching like he's been burned, praying his fingers don't get tangled in Sehun's tie as he yanks his hands away. A garbled series of incoherent apologies leaves his lips and Jongin sort of wishes the entire cubicle would swallow him up when Sehun only laughs.

"No problem," Sehun says, running a hand through his hair. "Sorry...uh, sorry for wasting your time, you didn't need to, I could've just called someone," he adds sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "But I'm still thankful, don't get me wrong." He chuckles before clearing his throat and shoving his hands in his pockets. 

Jongin swallows. His palms are tingling like he's slammed them down on a bed of needles and he keeps them awkwardly at his sides as he tries controlling his racing heart. Sehun's strong cologne is overwhelming and Jongin worries he might be going lightheaded as Sehun continues to stare at him. "I mean...damn it, if anything, I wasted your time, sorry." He clenches his jaw to prevent himself from turning into a rambling mess. "D-Don't mind him, he can be weird sometimes, sorry--" 

Sehun shakes his head. "It's fine, I wasn't really doing anything important anyways," he says with a shrug, and it's not until he fiddles with his tie that Jongin immediately spots the shiny ring on his finger. "At least I know who to call when my computer screws up," he adds with a small laugh. When the brunet goes exceptionally quiet, Sehun clears his throat before nodding at his computer. "Well, now that it's fixed, I should probably get back to work." He sends Jongin a smile before walking over and sitting down in his chair. "Feel free to stay behind, but I'm afraid I won't be of much company since I've got a few calls to make." After smiling at apologetically, he picks up his work phone before dialling a number and putting it by his ear. "Hey, at least you're not working late tonight, right?" He chuckles before focusing on his call and flipping through his notebook.

"Yeah, no, I'll...I think I should get...going," Jongin says quietly, so quietly Sehun barely catches it, but the latter sends him a nod of understanding before mouthing 'See you tomorrow' and returning to his work. "Sorry for wasting your time," he adds before awkwardly shuffling out of Sehun's cubicle. He hears Sehun's voice grow more and more distant as he approaches his own cubicle, and Jongin squashes the feeling in his stomach before bending down and picking up his coat, which is still lying neglected on the floor. He walks over, picks up his briefcase and doesn't even bother putting his coat on as he walks towards the elevators.
Jongin figures it must be his lucky day, because both elevators seem to be held up by the entire continent of Europe, and he huffs angrily before heading down the six flights of stairs.

As soon as he steps outside, Jongin curses loudly when he realizes how much it's raining. He didn't bring an umbrella and would rather not spend another minute inside the office whilst waiting for the storm to pass, so he ends up covering his head with his briefcase before walking home in the ice cold rain.